Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dr Pepper posted:

:laffo: at Kyurem-B being UU.

Not a single Ice-type is OU anymore now that Black Kyurem, Weavile and Mamoswine have all dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Where did alolan ninetails end up? Thought fairy typing and aurora veil might give it some potential.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
gently caress grinding for a destiny knot. this is cruel

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Tired Moritz posted:

BP grinding or Pickup grinding? Just mentioning it because there have been cases of people not being aware that the latter is a thing.

I'm sure there are people who don't realize you can get a King's Rock by challenging the head mistress of the trainer's school (after becoming champion) either.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Does hidden power get STAB regardless of typing?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

Does hidden power get STAB regardless of typing?

Unless something changed, only if the actual type of Hidden Power's damage matches the Pokemon's type.

So really it only benefits from STAB in weird edge cases, p much

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Mierenneuker posted:

BP grinding or Pickup grinding? Just mentioning it because there have been cases of people not being aware that the latter is a thing.

I'm sure there are people who don't realize you can get a King's Rock by challenging the head mistress of the trainer's school (after becoming champion) either.

pickup grinding. spinning around in circles and getting boring great balls is bumming me out.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
if anybody actually REALLY wants an item or pokemon or whatever, just join the discord since we have a fair number of people in there who can use pkhex to spawn in whatever on a whim in about 10 seconds.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Avalerion posted:

Where did alolan ninetails end up? Thought fairy typing and aurora veil might give it some potential.

A-Ninetales is still a glass cannon and so much a sneeze in its general direction will OHKO it; however, it is very fast and can set up dual screens in a single turn, which is incredibly valuable. The general consensus is that A-Ninetales is still OU but might slide to UU.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Bee posted:

Why has Kyurem B always been so low on the totem pole?

Ice is a very bad type to be

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Remember when Ice type pokemon were good?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
ice type attacks are good, ice types are never good.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mizuti posted:

I just got a crop of Magic Guard Abra going. Anyone want one? IGN: Luna FC: 5086-1559-1599

if you're still doing this, add me! my FC is 0903-3508-3015. I'd like a male one, if you have it. is there anything in particular that you want?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
It's weird how Ice type is still a miserable defensive type, despite the type rebalancing they did in generation 6.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Tired Moritz posted:

I did Battle Royale wasn't that bad. Once you get the highest rank you can easily score two points a round.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Tired Moritz posted:

ice type attacks are good, ice types are never good.

According to Battle Tree, Ice has access to a 110 BP move that never misses and a 90 BP move that freezes 100% of the time

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Carlosologist posted:

if you're still doing this, add me! my FC is 0903-3508-3015. I'd like a male one, if you have it. is there anything in particular that you want?

If you have something in an apricorn ball that I don't have, that would be cool. List here. If not, I'll just take any rubbish you have.

Edit: What is your trainer name?

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 13, 2016

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Countblanc posted:

underused.png

:laffo:

What a time.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mizuti posted:

If you have something in an apricorn ball that I don't have, that would be cool. List here. If not, I'll just take any rubbish you have.

I've got a heavy ball Machop that I think looks cool, just gotta breed it real quick

e: oh, and my IGN is Carlos

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dizz posted:

Seriously WHY would they loving allow legendaries in this poo poo?

Yeah I could loving breed a nice variety of pokemon that cover certain types and matchups

Or I could just loving get a team full of legendaries and do just as good.

Okay. So you can get a team of pokemon or a team of pokemon (with backstory in the setting).

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Carlosologist posted:

I've got a heavy ball Machop that I think looks cool, just gotta breed it real quick

e: oh, and my IGN is Carlos

I've been checking for you online periodically, haven't spotted you yet.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mizuti posted:

I've been checking for you online periodically, haven't spotted you yet.

oh, I'll get on in just a second.

e: Thanks a bunch Mizuti! i can finally start breeding HA Abras that are in Fast Balls, so if anyone wants one let me know!

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 13, 2016

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Okay. So you can get a team of pokemon or a team of pokemon (with backstory in the setting).

You can either get a team you've raised from birth with time and effort

Or you can reset the game until you catch a god with the right numbers.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I would just like to note that it is rather hilarious to get into drawn-out legendary Pokemon battles with a Moody Smeargle:

Also I love the "keep track of stat changes" button.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Silver Falcon posted:

I would just like to note that it is rather hilarious to get into drawn-out legendary Pokemon battles with a Moody Smeargle:

Also I love the "keep track of stat changes" button.

I never even considered this as a Technician alternative. Holy poo poo
I've already caught everything, sadly enough.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dizz posted:

You can do the latter with non-legends too. And you still spend time and effort raising them, it's just they don't fit into your eugenics war system.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Dizz posted:

Pictured, legendary Pokemon that weren't popular enough to be top tier.

Not all legendaries are overpowered. In fact, a bunch of them kind of suck, even within Ubers.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Power creep.png

quote:

Not all legendaries are overpowered. In fact, a bunch of them kind of suck, even within Ubers.

Just ask Articuno.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I did da math a bit and yeah starmie is safe in OU considering how insane it's move pool still is and being one of the fastest spinners coupled with good typing. After all, a Psychic type that has bulk is still not an extremely common thing at all.

Shame about Gengar though. Still thinking Magnezone makes more appearances if Celesteela is as good as it seems

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What do people mean by spinner? Rapid Spin? Is that move good? I tried it in heart gold and didn't really get anything out of it.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

greatn posted:

What do people mean by spinner? Rapid Spin? Is that move good? I tried it in heart gold and didn't really get anything out of it.

yeah

Rapid Spin removes hazards from the game field. When going up against a high end team it's an absolute must considering how much switching can happen in a game.

Outside of player games though it isn't entirely useful. the single player trainers generally don't spike or stealth rock often.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

greatn posted:

Rapid Spin is very useful in certain competitive formats because it and Defog are the only ways to clear out entry hazards like stealth rock.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Do environmental hazards like stealth Rock or toxic spikes work combined with something like whirlwind?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Pakled posted:

Rapid Spin is very useful in certain competitive formats because it and Defog are the only ways to clear out entry hazards like stealth rock.

Grounded Poison-types remove Toxic Spikes upon entry.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

greatn posted:

Do environmental hazards like stealth Rock or toxic spikes work combined with something like whirlwind?

Yeah. It's a cute combo.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

less laughter posted:

Grounded Poison-types remove Toxic Spikes upon entry.

Yeah and Defog clears them on your opponent's side of the field but neither are super useful since sneaky stones are the most popular entry hazard anyway.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ostentatious posted:

yeah

Rapid Spin removes hazards from the game field. When going up against a high end team it's an absolute must considering how much switching can happen in a game.

Outside of player games though it isn't entirely useful. the single player trainers generally don't spike or stealth rock often.

Rapid Spin has one in game use in Sun and Moon which is why I kept it on my Tsareena: the final elite four battle with Kukui, where his Lycanroc opens with Stealth Rock.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greatn posted:

i'm ringing the Skarm Alarm as loud as i can

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Salazzle seems to exist entirely to make Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Heatran extremely upset.

e: I guess Amoonguss too cause that jumped to OU at some point, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Pictured, legendary Pokemon that weren't popular enough to be top tier.

I understand that, and it is a fair point.

But if there's a choice between leaving legendaries in at all tiers, or banning them entirely, I'd pick the latter.

Or at least ban all legendaries from official tournament games and pray to god there's better team variety, but I know that won't happen.

E: What I'm trying to say is that I'm still salty Dragonair evolves into THAT! At least give it a side evo like Glailie/Froslass.