Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Maddot_66 posted:

Are corpses created by desecrate available to baddies as well?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tombruise/characters

Can anyone take a look at my character (TomBlade) and tell me what i can improve? I'm working on a 5L next, but I have 6200 ES right now and thats feeling a little low. Also open to suggestions for support gems, not really sure what to run here and have a lot of open slots.

Building a wither cwc bladefall - see skill tree here: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive..._uJ4OZYkx9JEw==

Internet Nobody fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 13, 2016

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tom Steele posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tombruise/characters

Can anyone take a look at my character (TomBlade) and tell me what i can improve? I'm working on a 5L next, but I have 6200 ES right now and thats feeling a little low. Building a wither cwc bladefall - see skill tree here: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive..._uJ4OZYkx9JEw==

Es on your gloves and boots are a bit low. And your belt could be replaced by a lv 79 chain belt that's implicit is 68-80 es. Gonna cost you 20c for a white though.

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006

J posted:

Check out this guy's character norse_teevee (at the very bottom of the lisT) https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/norseman21/characters

He was streaming that build clearing out uber lab in <8 minutes while grabbing all of the keys.

Funny enough, it's his guide I'm following for the EQ dude. The only thing I changed was, I kept the link from Master of the Arena to Warrior's Blood instead of taking that long way around the outer highway. Maybe I'm missing something, but that long way seems inefficient for no real benefit.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do item filters have access to stats on a given item beyond its ilvl? I still have no real idea what I should or shouldn't be picking up as far as gear goes unless it has six sockets or five+ links (not that I've ever seen a 6L) :(

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
No. Items need to be ID'd first to get that info anyway.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ciaphas posted:

Do item filters have access to stats on a given item beyond its ilvl? I still have no real idea what I should or shouldn't be picking up as far as gear goes unless it has six sockets or five+ links (not that I've ever seen a 6L) :(

Then pick up everything the filter points out, you'll learn by playing.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

Not 100% certain it's up to date, but http://poeaffix.net/ is handy for telling you what ilvls have what maximum possible stat available in a given stat type.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

TheRat posted:

Ixjuvin posted:

If you want to do the chaos recipe, you probably don't even know what these are. gently caress, I have played this game for almost 1500 hours and I barely have a handle on that stuff.

On the other hand I don't think playing as maximum efficiency is very fun either.

And that's why I recommend Greengroove's loot filter as often as I can! The endgame filter, while not perfect, does a very good job of removing most of the useless crap so you don't need to memorise everything.

damnfan posted:

I played open beta and just got back. How would I know if an item is good or if it is a good base?

1) See above.
2) Start browsing the wiki for what bases are top of each class, while also getting a feel for what's "in the meta" aka what's likely to sell if it rolls well.
3) Here's a cheat-sheet that's probably incomplete: Vaal Regalia, Widowsilk Robe, Sorcerer's Gloves, Fingerless Silk Gloves, Sorcerer's boots, Slink Boots, Titan Greaves, Slink Gloves, Gripped Gloves, Titan Gauntlets, Gripped Gloves, Rustic Sash, Heavy Belt, Leather Belt, Crystal Belt, Chain Belt, Vanguard Belt, Hubris Circlet, Eternal Burgonet, Lion Pelt, Bone Helmet, all amulets/rings/jewels, Vaal Spirit Shield, Harmonic Spirit Shield, Titanium Spirit Shield, Supreme Spiked Shield.
(I spent 5 minutes trying and failing to fix the broken nested quote, wtf?)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mo_Steel posted:

Not 100% certain it's up to date, but http://poeaffix.net/ is handy for telling you what ilvls have what maximum possible stat available in a given stat type.

It's up to date for standard mods + master crafting, but it does not include essence crafts so be careful if you use it to identify mods on an item you bought.

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012

TheRat posted:

And that's why I recommend Greengroove's loot filter as often as I can! The endgame filter, while not perfect, does a very good job of removing most of the useless crap so you don't need to memorise everything.

1) See above.
2) Start browsing the wiki for what bases are top of each class, while also getting a feel for what's "in the meta" aka what's likely to sell if it rolls well.
3) Here's a cheat-sheet that's probably incomplete: Vaal Regalia, Widowsilk Robe, Sorcerer's Gloves, Fingerless Silk Gloves, Sorcerer's boots, Slink Boots, Titan Greaves, Slink Gloves, Gripped Gloves, Titan Gauntlets, Gripped Gloves, Rustic Sash, Heavy Belt, Leather Belt, Crystal Belt, Chain Belt, Vanguard Belt, Hubris Circlet, Eternal Burgonet, Lion Pelt, Bone Helmet, all amulets/rings/jewels, Vaal Spirit Shield, Harmonic Spirit Shield, Titanium Spirit Shield, Supreme Spiked Shield.

I've been using Greengroove's filter since you recommended and it's been helping me more than Neversink's, which shows too much stuff.

So I picked this Astramentis this up in one of my map runs. PoE.trade has one with a similar total +# to all attributes mod as 90 chaos. Would that actually sell?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NightfallGemini posted:

Funny enough, it's his guide I'm following for the EQ dude. The only thing I changed was, I kept the link from Master of the Arena to Warrior's Blood instead of taking that long way around the outer highway. Maybe I'm missing something, but that long way seems inefficient for no real benefit.

I'm not a huge fan of his tree either. There's a good case to be made for the bottom pathing if you're using maces since you can pick up Bloody Blugeon which is a very solid cluster. For axes, however, I would do something like this: http://poeurl.com/Vry

damnfan posted:

So I picked this Astramentis this up in one of my map runs. PoE.trade has one with a similar total +# to all attributes mod as 90 chaos. Would that actually sell?

It most likely will yes. Astramentis is basically required for whispering ice, and fairly popular for a few other builds.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Can anyone give advice or link to somewhere that outlines when and how to Vaal your 20q/20lvl gems? I also am pretty close to leveling up an Enlighten gem to level 2. Should I just vaal that for the hell of it as well?

Seems like you have a chance for it to straight up just become a vaal skill which seems pretty poo poo and a huge currency sink if you're forced to replace it via the market.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

fennesz posted:

seems pretty poo poo and a huge currency sink

Welcome to high end crafting. If you get lucky you'll get rich(er) though!

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

If you're worried about what you could lose in crafting you probably can't afford to be doing it yet.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Never not vaal. While leveling level multiple of your damage gems in swapped weapons, q20 what you can afford then vaal them all.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I always vaal my enlighten/empowers at level 2, because I know I will never get one naturally to level 3.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

So I'm following this guide and KoreanWalmart is the character in question. At this point I don't really know what to do with the character. The guide claims uberlab and uberatz viability, but I'm having trouble seeing it as I was barely able to complete Merciless lab. As it stands, I feel like I'm a fairly sluggish if consistent T6 mapper (can barely break 60M xp / hr), but can clear T9s when I have them (which is almost never, my map drop luck has been atrocious).

Specifically I don't know where to take the gearing, or if the gearing is even the problem (the problem might be that I need to git gud). The belt, amulet, and ring all feel like obvious weakpoints, and I could definitely up-gem the armor, but I'm kind of at a loss for how to paramaterize the search and where to 'start,' since the gearing right now is pretty tight due to me overlevelling the Rapid Decay (should I just start over so I don't have to freak out about dex all the time or is this just part of later game gearing?)(I just got a rapid decay up to level 5 so I don't have to worry about it any more). I also worry that there's some easy solution in some cheap uniques I might be overlooking due to my noobishness.

The one area that I know can be improved is to do uberlab, but the trials necessary just aren't showing up when mapping, and after how much Merciless Izaro kicked my rear end I don't have a great deal of confidence. Do I just need more patience or is there some trick to it?

I'm having a ton of fun with the build - combat feels tactical and strategic, and it's not super reliant on twitch skills that I simply don't have. I'm just comparing myself to my buddies who are pulling 100M+ XP / hr and feeling like I'm coming up short.

E: Neversink's filter has caused me to hoard Sorcerer's Boots. Should I chance orb the poo poo out of them or just vendor them all?

Tulip fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 13, 2016

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

fennesz posted:

Can anyone give advice or link to somewhere that outlines when and how to Vaal your 20q/20lvl gems? I also am pretty close to leveling up an Enlighten gem to level 2. Should I just vaal that for the hell of it as well?

Seems like you have a chance for it to straight up just become a vaal skill which seems pretty poo poo and a huge currency sink if you're forced to replace it via the market.

Always vaal your auras.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Tulip posted:

E: Neversink's filter has caused me to hoard Sorcerer's Boots. Should I chance orb the poo poo out of them or just vendor them all?

Chance them all, then vendor the uniques.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

damnfan posted:

I bought a 109 attribute one for 55 chaos a while ago, so given price inflation, probably yes.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I'm a level 73 Marauder (Berzerker) following the EQ guide from the Forums, but I am getting completely wrecked in any breach or boss situation. Low map tiers are also a problem.

I have just about every + Life passive that is available to me and all of the life leech nodes that the build recommends. My weapon is okay, but I haven't been able to find many armors with the appropriate amount of links or any decent jewelry.

Is there some kind of strategy I should be following at this level to cheaply or slowly gear up / increase my survivability? I've pretty much just been farming the dried lakes and very slowly leveling up, but the XP and currency drop penalties are starting to kick in and I don't know if I should just keep at it since I end up dying and losing xp in other situations.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Post your gear and maybe someone could help. Do you have max (or close to) resists? Buy some stuff on poe.trade if you are having trouble getting things to drop. You can probably find big upgrades for dirt cheap.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Post your gear and maybe someone could help. Do you have max (or close to) resists? Buy some stuff on poe.trade if you are having trouble getting things to drop. You can probably find big upgrades for dirt cheap.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Robomonke/characters

My resists are not great, but I took the diamond skin passive and have a couple around neutral after penalties. This league is my first time playing, so I'm still trying to get a feel for how to prioritize stats.

My drops don't seem to be great, I've been using a lot of the same gear for 20+ levels, but I'm hesitant to use any currency crafting.

I have about 33 Chaos orbs and hundreds of the low-tier ones that I have been hoarding.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 13, 2016

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Set to private. #1 priority is to cap ele resists (chaos res is good but not needed till late), and if you need better gear buy it on poe.trade

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

StashAugustine posted:

Set to private. #1 priority is to cap ele resists (chaos res is good but not needed till late), and if you need better gear buy it on poe.trade

Oops. That was the default setting, I guess. I just went in and changed it.

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
You can get a bunch of decent gear for 1-2 chaos (or even 1-2 alch) each from poe.trade. Don't bother using the chaos on crafting right now.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I had an Acton's Nightmare drop for me in Quay yesterday. I've never done Acton's Nightmare before and it didn't drop from a Strongbox/Rogue Exile/Nemesis rare/whatever the gently caress. Just a random pack of white mobs dropped Acton's Nightmare. There were no interesting mods on the map and I didn't Zana craft it in any way. No breaches or beyond mobs were involved.

I was under the impression this is impossible? I thought GGG said that unique maps can only ever drop from the map they're based on until you've completed the map, at which point they can start dropping from anywhere?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Your gear is horrendous. Go to poe.trade and spend 5 total chaos and upgrade your helm, boots, gloves and belt. Focus on getting +life, and double resists of 30 or so each resist on those pieces. Also, when you get these pieces, use Vorici to automatically 4 socket and 4 link them (costs 10 jewelers and 5 fusings each).

You are playing with negative resists and a horrible life pool which is why you are getting smashed by pixel monsters.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 13, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Sweet Jesus, get some resist gear ASAP. You're sitting at -34/-21/-15/-53. No wonder you're dying a bunch.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Maaaan. I'm about half way to an Atziri's Disfavour on my warchief dude and starting to feel the grind. Sitting on 2ex + ~300c which is the most currency I've had in my stash ever by a pretty huge margin. Still pretty far off, though. I'm not sure whether I should start buying the cards for one at about 1ex each or if I should just save up the currency and maybe audible in to a Starforge if I ever happen to get enough money for either.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I have over 350 hours in this drat game since release and have never once found an exalted orb. My buddy I play with found 9 last league and already 2 this league. I have 170 chaos sitting in my stash right now though D:

Going to splurge on a Kaom's and a 5l Quill soon.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Starting with, like, act 3 normal, the game is balanced around you having 75% ele resist and 0% chaos resist. So for example, your -34% fire resist means you're taking over fives times as much fire damage as you're supposed to.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm playing with negative resists and a tabula in merciless, come at me

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I realized the resistances were not great but didn't realize that the game was balanced around 75%.

Like I said, this is my first go through and I wasn't sure how to prioritize stats on items. I am playing with only self-found items so far and haven't been having much luck with drops.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

please knock Mom! posted:

I'm playing with negative resists and a tabula in merciless, come at me

Juggernauts don't count :colbert:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's ok they're not burning you, but yeah the absolute first priority is having good life% and capped resists. Mobs do incredibly high elemental damage later on, and capped res means you take only a small fraction

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Juggernauts don't count :colbert:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/killstealing/characters

Shadow. But yeah, don't do this, fixing it when i get home lol

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

If my build uses enduring shout and has several endurance charges, is armor something that I should more or less ignore? And are primary stats (strength, dex, etc) on gear relatively unimportant?

Focus primarily on + Max Life, Resistances, and Sockets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
+life and +resists for sure. Making 4-links is super easy, and you can even by a plain 5l chest for cheap and then alch/essence it in hopes of something decent. Main stats aren't terrible to have but not something to prioritize, just make sure you have enough of each one for the gem requirements that you will hit when your gems get to level 20.

You will probably get enough of most of the main stats from just running around your tree, but you will need to pick up one of the lesser main states (maybe intelligence) from a piece of gear. Don't waste a +30 main stat on your tree.

• Locked thread