Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

jadebullet posted:

I mean, at least the plot and character development is somewhat decent, unlike Twilight.

Which was your least-favourite Twilight book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Subjunctive posted:

Which was your least-favourite Twilight book?

I think it was the one where she got pregnant, the baby broke her back by ripping out of her with super vampire strength, but its okay because they finally made her a vampire herself so she would heal.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

RFC2324 posted:

I think it was the one where she got pregnant, the baby broke her back by ripping out of her with super vampire strength, but its okay because they finally made her a vampire herself so she would heal.

I didn't make it that far in the series, but yeah the summary of that one was sure something. Hell of a thing.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I've not read any of them because I'm illiterate. Sounds like I win again.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Though I doubt this was in any way intentional, especially considering when they were written.

It's clearly intentional if you read the books. I just think people (including me) just randomly watch the films out of sequence because they happen to be on the tv and think it's some sort of formula as opposed to an on going story.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Subjunctive posted:

I didn't make it that far in the series, but yeah the summary of that one was sure something. Hell of a thing.

tbh, I was going to read them out of curiosity until I heard about that one.

And then my ex marathoned the movies, which convinced me there was nothing redeeming about them at all.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Baron Corbyn posted:

What does that last woman think she could have possibly done?

Let me tell you about this fellow named Caro...

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
oh god all i wanted was for people to think critically about how the world at large regards media for women i did not mean for this to happen im so sorry

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Plom Bar posted:

oh god all i wanted was for people to think critically about how the world at large regards media for women i did not mean for this to happen im so sorry

Looking at people defending James Bond does kind of prove the beginning point tho

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
"Guys, when is the last time a lovely male driven fantasy book was popular I mean really?"

Meanwhile Game of Thrones is a mega hit on tv and no-one seems to give a poo poo about its terrible gender politics or portrayals of relationships the way they do about Twilight. How mysterious.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Pigeotic posted:

"Guys, when is the last time a crappy male driven fantasy book was popular I mean really?"

Meanwhile Game of Thrones is a mega hit on tv and no-one seems to give a poo poo about its terrible gender politics or portrayals of relationships the way they do about Twilight. How mysterious.

Game of Thrones is bad and Song of Ice and Fire is poorly written

Gloomy Rube has a new favorite as of 21:50 on Dec 13, 2016

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Posted on a Wednesday by a human.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Waterbed Wendy posted:

That is a horse

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

It's time to move on from Twilight and Conan, I think everybody has expressed themselves adequately at this point.

Here's some harmless social media idiocy, less due to the participants and more that this buzzfeed quiz exists

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Uh yeah, of course.

I want to eat your avatar.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Gloomy Rube posted:

Game of Thrones is bad and fantasy is poorly written

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

And let's move on from Game of Thrones etc and so forth. This whole derail.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It's time to move on from Twilight and Conan, I think everybody has expressed themselves adequately at this point.

Here's some harmless social media idiocy, less due to the participants and more that this buzzfeed quiz exists

That bird is somehow the most hysterical thing I've seen all day. I wish there was a phrase or word to convey joy at setting exquisitely lovely things.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I don't know, that's pretty hilarious.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm a teenager who wasn't allowed in the opposite sex's dorm in the sheets!

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Uhhhhhh

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

So how much money did you invest with him?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

He forgot that the werewolf said he's going to to marry the baby when she grows up and the baby will grow up and become legal super fast.

Also the baby has a stupid name.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

"Actually, it's good that women make less than men."

(Doug Out = Patty Whack, social fixer just got weird)

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
please tell that guy to shut up

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
I've never understood this mentality. My wife makes about 4x more than I do and I couldn't be happier. We'd be living in a dumpster if it wasn't for her superior earning potential.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Waterbed Wendy posted:

If they're from the middle East, that'd be quite true. We'd have TGIW when i lived in Kuwait, since the weekend was Thursday and Friday.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Technocrat posted:

If they're from the middle East, that'd be quite true. We'd have TGIW when i lived in Kuwait, since the weekend was Thursday and Friday.

That's interesting but guess what?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

HairyManling posted:

I've never understood this mentality. My wife makes about 4x more than I do and I couldn't be happier. We'd be living in a dumpster if it wasn't for her superior earning potential.

Years and years ago when I just started going out with my now-husband, I saw some stupid relationship quiz. One of the questions interested me, about how he would feel if I earned more than him. He said "That would be AWESOME!" because he doesn't feel the need to out compete me to assert his manliness. We never had that gender hierarchy and it's probably partly why we've been together for 18 years now.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Technocrat posted:

I don't know where you went to school, but it's a fact that - no matter WHERE you are - horses cannot use social media.

I know what you're thinking, but that was a TV show.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

That's clearly the kind of situation you want to bring up heavy, divisive topics. So much fun.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

I know, right?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

1. Zombies aren't that expressive.
2. gently caress off, we're here to drink and party, not talk about Aleppo.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Field Mousepad posted:

That's clearly the kind of situation you want to bring up heavy, divisive topics. So much fun.

I like to imagine that he freaks out when people don't wanna talk about the climate when he's at the movies.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Picnic Princess posted:

Years and years ago when I just started going out with my now-husband, I saw some stupid relationship quiz. One of the questions interested me, about how he would feel if I earned more than him. He said "That would be AWESOME!" because he doesn't feel the need to out compete me to assert his manliness. We never had that gender hierarchy and it's probably partly why we've been together for 18 years now.

The other nice thing is that if you end up married to someone who is legitimately threatened by your career or earning potential you can just let your marriage explode in your early 30s and subsequently then have your pick of cute 20s dudes who are totally on board with helping with your dog and housework while you are busy working.

Having someone be onboard with helping you because they acknowledge your time is important regardless of traditional roles is so much better than my weird lovely bitter marriage where my time was always worth less to him than his so all chores and tasks defaulted to me, even while I tried to build my business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I've spent the last 3 years with a weekend that started on either a Tuesday or a Wednesday so makes sense to me :shrug: