Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Concerned Citizen posted:

2020 starts now!!!

the message they should be getting is "they want a new face with new ideas leading the party" but they're going to get "boy people really want to see president joe biden!!!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
tbh i'm surprised bernie isn't leading but it's fine because i'll always be on the Liz Warren Train

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Al! posted:

the message they should be getting is "they want a new face with new ideas leading the party" but they're going to get "boy people really want to see president joe biden!!!!!"

also the poll is probably bullshit

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dem pollsters

Serf
May 5, 2011

Agean90 posted:

this argument will be valid for the next forever

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Serf posted:

this argument will be valid for the next forever

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

The hope seems to be "we can nominate whoever, because we just need to ask 'are you better off now than you were 4 years ago' and walk away with the victory."

The reality (if they go with this strategy) is likely identical results to 2016, after Trump singles out just enough factories in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, etc. that a small majority of voters in thos states will respond "yes."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Unless they're the next "green jobs"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Agean90 posted:

A poll in December right after the election basically boils down to "who on this list do you recognize"

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Alter Ego posted:

A poll in December right after the election basically boils down to "who on this list do you recognize"

yeah pretty much, it is interesting though to see strong support for left-leaning candidates as well as general feeling that none of them are good enough candidates.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Maybe coal miners can be uranium miners

obama sold those mines off to russians

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie-hlcw8VnU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

quote:

Though D.N.C. officials had learned that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee had been infected, too, they did not notify their sister organization, which was in the same building, because they were afraid that it would leak.

incredible. literally incredible.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I'll never stop lollin at how john podesta clicked on a Cool Free Ringtones link and the entire DNC got owned to the point where they swear up and down elite russian hackers stole their emails

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
speaking of podcasts street fight radio should be in required listening of cspam. It's good like chapo but a little less up it's own rear end about weird in jokes.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Is there any support for Perez besides that one article saying "well, he's part of the Obama admin, so even though Obama hasn't endorsed him he kind of has? HORSERACE!"

Ellison pretty much has this on lock: he's got the unions, Bernie's krewe, Schumer, some others I'm forgetting--I just don't see any major sources for Perez to call upon short of an Actual Obama Endorsement (which he won't give).

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

OAquinas posted:

Is there any support for Perez besides that one article saying "well, he's part of the Obama admin, so even though Obama hasn't endorsed him he kind of has? HORSERACE!"

Ellison pretty much has this on lock: he's got the unions, Bernie's krewe, Schumer, some others I'm forgetting--I just don't see any major sources for Perez to call upon short of an Actual Obama Endorsement (which he won't give).
bibi

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Segmentation Fault posted:

I'll never stop lollin at how john podesta clicked on a Cool Free Ringtones link and the entire DNC got owned to the point where they swear up and down elite russian hackers stole their emails

The easiest way to get into any computer system is to just give people the opportunity to click on dumb poo poo or plug in a flash drive they found.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the fact the Joe Biden is getting so much support just proves how little people actually gave a poo poo about Clinton's policy stuff because he's exactly the same as her, or to the right of her, on literally everything.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

OAquinas posted:

haim saban and whole host of obama white house staff people

plus the soft power of obama phoning up state democratic party chairs and vice chairs (about half the voting membership of the dnc)

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Setting aside which guy has the highest ranking Social Links, is there actually a strong reason to prefer Perez over Ellison?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rangpur posted:

Setting aside which guy has the highest ranking Social Links, is there actually a strong reason to prefer Perez over Ellison?

Perez is known as a genuine friend to labor but apart from that there isn't and even that isn't really a strong reason.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

the fact the Joe Biden is getting so much support just proves how little people actually gave a poo poo about Clinton's policy stuff because he's exactly the same as her, or to the right of her, on literally everything.

There are so many things wrong with this post i do not even have the energy to pick it apart. How do you make it through the day

Lets just stick with "so much support" being weird for someone with only a third of the poll results despite being one of the best known if not THE best known member of the party

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Perez is known as a genuine friend to labor but apart from that there isn't and even that isn't really a strong reason.

Isnt ellison known to be the same? So that doesnt really count as an advantage if it applies to both

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

There are so many things wrong with this post i do not even have the energy to pick it apart. How do you make it through the day

Lets just stick with "so much support" being weird for someone with only a third of the poll results despite being one of the best known if not THE best known member of the party

let me put it another way then

the fact that Biden, who is a much more regressive option than Clinton was, gets literally any support, is a sign how little people gave a poo poo about her policies and probably has some other factors to bring up too

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

then i shall base my decision on whoever gets Max Rank with the Tower arcana first

heroic Yoshimitsu ftw

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Tatum Girlparts posted:

the fact that Biden, who is a much more regressive option than Clinton was, gets literally any support, is a sign how little people gave a poo poo about her policies and probably has some other factors to bring up too

well he is sitting vp, that surely counts for something. but if warren wasn't in that poll i suspect bernie would be far ahead. since i doubt both of them would run (since it would ensure neither wins), i think the left is doing much better than implied. of course there's still a couple years until this poo poo kicks off so who knows what it will look like?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

let me put it another way, the poll is bullshit and drawing any conclusions from it is like trying to cook with dogshit

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Mike dukakis smirks grimly as someone he becomes the not-worst candidate ever.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

make cspam great again

Joke's on you pal, CSPAM's never been great! Oh wait-

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GlyphGryph posted:

Isnt ellison known to be the same? So that doesnt really count as an advantage if it applies to both

I honestly don't know about Ellison but it wouldn't surprise me. It's more just a positive thing about Perez than a strength of his contra Ellison, honestly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Biden is an Establishment Dem who is popular in the very states that Hillary failed to carry the hardest when she needed to. Of course he's going to get support now.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cspam is great because cspam is good

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Biden is an Establishment Dem who is popular in the very states that Hillary failed to carry the hardest when she needed to. Of course he's going to get support now.

i would say that both biden and bernie are popular with specific set of voters that we're all very concerned with right now. and they're both popular for different reasons.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What if Hillary had been a charismatic candidate who understood the importance of playing to Rust Belt voters? She'd essentially be Diamond Joe Biden except with boobs and a vagina.

To steal a term from the Military History Thread in Ask/Tell, Biden is Gay Black Hillary.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You don't know whether the people who want Biden aren't the same people who would want another Hillary run. My facebook feed suggests this is the case.

e: Very Serious Democrats

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

What if Hillary had been a charismatic candidate who understood the importance of playing to Rust Belt voters?

Then she wouldn't have been Hillary.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

You say that as if it's somehow incompatible with the statement "nobody really gave a poo poo about Hillary's policies," which is less nuanced than I like, but Joe "the Senator from CitiBank" Biden is not actually meaningfully different from Clinton other than a more positive image in the popular imagination

I mean I'd still vote for him, and there's a solid argument to be made for his eletability... just not on the policy merits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If we're going to seriously discuss 2020 candidate choices in 2016, then I'm choosing the comet ping pong owner, who after being terrorized by death threats for three years unleashes Chang

• Locked thread