Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Gyges posted:

Surviving Hypothermia 101 in Pop Culture. You get naked and get under the sheets with someone so your body heat warms them.

But he doesn't even have hypothermia and he literally eats fire. They should dump him into the loving campfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Angry Grimace posted:

There's still no explanation given for why Lucy had to get naked and grind on naked comatose Natsu. I mean, other than "written by Hiro Mashima."

Because he is cold.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Angry Grimace posted:

But he doesn't even have hypothermia and he literally eats fire. They should dump him into the loving campfire.

He was entering hypothermia, they couldn't stop his body temp dropping. It's also rather hard to eat when you're unconscious.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I forgot, is Ishgar the continent that Fairy Tail lives on or the one attacking?

chumbler posted:

Also there's going to be a lot of bad recolors of a certain panel.

Which one? I probably should recall, but there was dragons and that's all I remember even 5 seconds after reading the chapter.

Overlord K posted:

Any chapter of Fairy Tail that has Mashima drawing dragons is a good chapter.

Basically. I loved the second page with all the dragons in the courtyard and one making a swing out of himself for some kids. This manga needs more dragons.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
That last panel of pregnant Eileen provides more support for the C-section scar theory.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

Surviving Hypothermia 101 in Pop Culture. You get naked and get under the sheets with someone so your body heat warms them.

Are you telling me this doesn't actually work

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Thoren posted:

Are you telling me this doesn't actually work

It's not the first choice, but it does have benefit. You're better off with external sources of heat that aren't used to power the matrix though. Especially since Lucy's got to rub all up on a giant lunk the equivalent of all the women putting their cold feet on their boyfriend at once. I think the standard quick and dirty treatment is warming them with a hot bath, though not too long in the bath or they start loosing more heat than they're gaining, followed by blankets and a heater.

Of course with a bunch of magic using mages around, there's probably a better solution. They really need to get Grey away from him though.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 13, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

tsob posted:

I forgot, is Ishgar the continent that Fairy Tail lives on or the one attacking?

I think Ishgar is the continent where all the guilds live as a whole while Alvarez is the invading country.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Gyges posted:

It's not the first choice, but it does have benefit. You're better off with external sources of heat that aren't used to power the matrix though. Especially since Lucy's got to rub all up on a giant lunk the equivalent of all the women putting their cold feet on their boyfriend at once. I think the standard quick and dirty treatment is warming them with a hot bath, though not too long in the bath or they start loosing more heat than they're gaining, followed by blankets and a heater.

Of course with a bunch of magic using mages around, there's probably a better solution. They really need to get Grey away from him though.

In a desperate situation where resources and time are limited, snuggling up to the Hypothermic person is a very serviceable approach to saving them. You do not need to be naked, though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Silver2195 posted:

That last panel of pregnant Eileen provides more support for the C-section scar theory.
Given dragons, I assume she's going to turn into a dragon and lay Ezra as an egg. And the egg will take four hundred years to hatch. Into another dragon that gives birth to Erza.

At least this tangentially explains some motivation for Eileen though

slev
Apr 6, 2009

It's going to turn out that this wasn't necessary and the magic doctor lady just wants them to gently caress already

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

slev posted:

It's going to turn out that this wasn't necessary and the magic doctor lady just wants them to gently caress already

Well she's wrong if that is her motivation. The Lucy x Natsu ship is not allowed.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so is Mashima suggesting Belserion is Erza's dad or something cuz if so yikes.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

so is Mashima suggesting Belserion is Erza's dad or something cuz if so yikes.

Mother of Dragonslayers is a better nickname than Dragon Fucker at least

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

chumbler posted:

Well she's wrong if that is her motivation. The Lucy x Natsu ship is not allowed.
Ship can't sail when the captain has brain problems anyway

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

Ship can't sail when the captain has brain problems anyway

so all romance is doomed in fairy tail.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Elfgames posted:

so all romance is doomed in fairy tail.

Gajeel and Levy will always be there to bear the weight of romance.

Besides, it's not like Natsu has shown even as much interest in romance as Goku in Dragonball. The pillar of terrible romance in Fairy Tail remains Jellal and Erza, now with 400 year old inter-species spice!

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Gyges posted:

Besides, it's not like Natsu has shown even as much interest in romance as Goku in Dragonball. The pillar of terrible romance in Fairy Tail remains Jellal and Erza, now with 400 year old inter-species spice!

Until it's revealed that Jellal is the reincarnation of Beleserion and he has traveled time and space to find her and he and Erza are fated to be together.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Gyges posted:

You seriously think Natsu is less romantic that Son "Never kissed his wife in 20-ish years of marriage" Goku?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kuroyama posted:

You seriously think Natsu is less romantic that Son "Never kissed his wife in 20-ish years of marriage" Goku?

Goku at least liked to grab everyone's junk to check their sex. Also despite not kissing Chichi we know he's cranked that Barry White at least twice. Natsu asks everyone to put their clothes back on. A teenage boy who doesn't care about either gender's sexy bits.

In his defense since the magical thing growing inside is probably his dragonhood, he's an undead, time traveling, frankensteind demon, raised by and turning into a dragon. So there's really not that many same species things around to get the hormones going.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, natsu being desensitized to sexy naked girls is a perfectly reasonable reaction to the world he lives in.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Is is canon that Goku hosed but never kissed?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, natsu being desensitized to sexy naked girls is a perfectly reasonable reaction to the world he lives in.

For a teenage boy to be desensitized to sexy naked [gender of attraction] is pretty much unpossible.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gyges posted:

For a teenage boy to be desensitized to sexy naked [gender of attraction] is pretty much unpossible.

he lives in a world where 7/10 people are sexy ladies who get naked at every opportunity. even before the manga started natsu had countless adventures where he broke stuff and presumably met nude bombshells.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

slev posted:

As of like a month ago, yeah.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

he lives in a world where 7/10 people are sexy ladies who get naked at every opportunity. even before the manga started natsu had countless adventures where he broke stuff and presumably met nude bombshells.

Not only that, he is probably Gay for Grey

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

slev posted:

Episode 60 i'm pretty sure.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

caught up on fairy tail for the hell of it and lmao what even is this manga

slev posted:

not only is that, it's canon that he doesn't even know what kissing is

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
i was going to make a joke about how people weirded out by erza's dad being a dragon shouldn't kinkshame but then i noticed the title of the chapter was "The Dragon Seed" and that somehow makes it way grosser

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Didn't Natsu canonically have a thing for Lisanna?

Maybe his crush was accidentally retconned along with her death.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Didn't Natsu canonically have a thing for Lisanna?

Maybe his crush was accidentally retconned along with her death.

People can get over crushes, you know.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

7/10 seems low

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are also a bunch of male villains

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Kuroyama posted:

People can get over crushes, you know.

But the real reason was because some shipping fans got really pissed Natsu might be into some other women who was now magically alive, despite not being any clues before that point that he and Lucy were gonna be a thing but fans gonna ship I guess, so Mashima went back on the whole thing and made Lisanna role on the series become almost nothing.

You can really tell shenanigans happened because her death was such a huge plot point point at the the time and also to just retconned it but then the whole thing is never mentioned again and Lisanna becomes just a background character who Natsu barely talks too.

In not really into shipping and all that but the Lucy and Natsu stuff, especially in these last chapters, are so made for those fans that got angry that it's painfull to watch.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

IceBorg posted:

But the real reason was because some shipping fans got really pissed Natsu might be into some other women who was now magically alive, despite not being any clues before that point that he and Lucy were gonna be a thing but fans gonna ship I guess, so Mashima went back on the whole thing and made Lisanna role on the series become almost nothing.

You can really tell shenanigans happened because her death was such a huge plot point point at the the time and also to just retconned it but then the whole thing is never mentioned again and Lisanna becomes just a background character who Natsu barely talks too.

In not really into shipping and all that but the Lucy and Natsu stuff, especially in these last chapters, are so made for those fans that got angry that it's painfull to watch.

I thought the deal with Lisanna's "revival" was that the editors pressured Mashima to do it, and then he was all "I have no plans for her" and not bothering to adjust.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kuroyama posted:

I thought the deal with Lisanna's "revival" was that the editors pressured Mashima to do it, and then he was all "I have no plans for her" and not bothering to adjust.

That was my understanding as well. And since there were never any Lisanna fan groups, since she existed only in flashback, he never had to do anything with her.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Well given she's a furry I'm sure she's got some kind of fanbase.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

https://mangafox.unlockproject.pro/manga/fairy_tail/vTBD/c515/1.html

huh...

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I weirdly kind of like that in the world of Fairy Tail people just have evil switches that can be flipped on one day for no real reason. Too bad Jellal and his band of misfits seem to be about the only ones to ever think of flipping it back off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Gyges posted:

I weirdly kind of like that in the world of Fairy Tail people just have evil switches that can be flipped on one day for no real reason. Too bad Jellal and his band of misfits seem to be about the only ones to ever think of flipping it back off.

To be fair, Jellal and his crew had their switches flipped for them.

• Locked thread