Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Being so good at baseball that nobody can keep up isn't a crime, stop punishing Yamcha for his superiority you marxists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If you think about it sports were designed to test the limits of human ability blah blah blah

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

reignofevil posted:

If you think about it sports were designed to test the limits of human ability blah blah blah

I wish Shaolin Soccer was a documentary instead of a funny movie so I could see an irl beam struggle between the goalie and striker during the world cup.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i cannot believe yamcha has been reborn

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

They won't be able to revive Goku with the dragon balls because they just used their wish to revive Yamcha again

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Augus posted:

They won't be able to revive Goku with the dragon balls because they just used their wish to revive Yamcha again

Looks like it's time to go to Namak again!

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Here's a translation
http://imgur.com/a/b3WlL

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
And then they all die to the Androids since cool Yamcha probably gets Bulma. And thus no Trunks.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The androids and Cell aren't really an issue if he has the foresight to take care of Gero at anytime beforehand.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gruckles posted:

The androids and Cell aren't really an issue if he has the foresight to take care of Gero at anytime beforehand.

Babidi/Dabura/Buu?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gruckles posted:

Touche?

Buu then?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Spiritus Nox posted:

Babidi/Dabura/Buu?

He just has to know where Babidi's gonna pop up to enchant/possess his little minions before the tournament and use the Evil Containment Wave.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
It looks like he let Piccolo die. He probably also let Krillin die to secure being Namek buddies with Gohan.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Is this new manga literally someone's fanfiction? Because it sounds like they just took someone's fanfiction.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Neo_Crimson posted:

Is this new manga literally someone's fanfiction? Because it sounds like they just took someone's fanfiction.

The author was a doujinshi artist before getting this chance, much like Toyotaro before him.

So yes, this is officially-licensed fanfiction. And I love it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

They seem to be doing that a lot with Dragon Ball. There was also that hentai doujin gal that did that Bardock manga about time travel a few years back.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Don't a bunch of Manga writers start with doujin? Since that's basically like self-published manga.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Are we not talking about the latest teamfourstar video? I couldn't keep up with what they said about brolly but was it a confirmation that they are about to abridge the movie?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

They confirmed they're dropping Broly Abridged on the 25th.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

notaspy posted:

Are we not talking about the latest teamfourstar video? I couldn't keep up with what they said about brolly but was it a confirmation that they are about to abridge the movie?

Yeah they are dropping it on Xmas.

edit: beat'd

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blaze Dragon posted:

The author was a doujinshi artist before getting this chance, much like Toyotaro before him.

So yes, this is officially-licensed fanfiction. And I love it.

Remember when the word "fanfiction" was met with immediate disgust on these forums?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Remember when the word "fanfiction" was met with immediate disgust on these forums?

I'd like to think as people and fandoms grow older they stop pretending they're too cool for certain things

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

We're all part of Lowtax's fanfiction.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Also anything not specifically written by Toriyama is literally fanfiction.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dragonball is actually Toriyama's Journey to the West fanfiction.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Final boss of next arc is the actual Sun Wukong

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Raserys posted:

Final boss of next arc is the actual Sun Wukong
After Goku kills Sun Wukong, in a twist nobody saw coming SonSon of all characters will jump in and kill him.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Dragonball is actually Toriyama's Journey to the West fanfiction.

All of fiction is actually The Epic Of Gilgamesh fanfiction

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

me and my original content do not steal ssgss krillin are the heroes of dragon ball xenoverse and we are now legally obligated to like fanfiction

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

notaspy posted:

I'm surprised Baby made it as high on the list as he did, but he really is a cool concept for a villain. Which can probably be said for most of GT, "cool concept, poo poo execution."

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rhonne posted:

I'm surprised Baby made it as high on the list as he did, but he really is a cool concept for a villain. Which can probably be said for most of GT, "cool concept, poo poo execution."

I particularly liked TeamFourstar's review on the Shadow Dragons

"The overuse of the Dragon Balls over the last 30 years has corrupted them, releasing a force of destruction that perverts the cornerstone of the entire series, turning their prized Macguffin into their final challenge...
(beat)
HOW COULD YOU GO WRONG!?"

Really the amount of wrong the Shadow Dragon arc had is just mind boggling. You have 7 Dragons, then on the competent Z fighters at that point you had Goku + Vegeta + Gohan + Majuub + Goten + Trunks + Pan = 7.

One Z fighter for each Dragon. This poo poo practically writes itself.

Hell, they could have had Goten and Trunks fight a pair of dragons that eventually fuse together and bring an adult Gotenks into the series.

Majuub could have had an actual fight.

But no, instead all fighters whose name was not "Goku" decide "welp, this poo poo is beyond our abilities, we will leave everything in your hands Son, even if the stakes involve the end of the universe" till they eventually decide "welp, actually we do care about helping, too bad we made our mind right when you were fighting the strongest dragon against who we truly are incapable of helping and now you are worn out from fighting the other 6".

Seriously, people say Super is the "Goku and Vegeta Show", but GT was the "Goku and Goku's helpless granddaughter Show".

vvvvv my bad, fixed that

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 14, 2016

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I've only seen clips of GT but don't most of the Shadow Dragons end up being jokes anyway? (Not that's an inherently bad concept either, as all of the comedy in Super shows, but. It's GT.)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I liked that super radical smoke shenron who showed up only once

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

all of gt is a joke but it's a joke on you, the fans

Caros
May 14, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

I particularly liked TeamFourstar's review on the Shadow Dragons

"The overuse of the Dragon Balls over the last 30 years has corrupted them, releasing a force of destruction that perverts the cornerstone of the entire series, turning their prized Macguffin into their final challenge...
(beat)
HOW COULD YOU GO WRONG!?"

Really the amount of wrong the Shadow Dragon arc had is just mind boggling. You have 7 Dragons, then on the competent Z fighters at that point you had Goku + Vegeta + Gohan + Majuub + Goten + Trunks + Pan = 7.

One Z fighter for each Dragon. This poo poo practically writes itself.

Hell, they could have had Goten and Trunks fight a pair of dragons that eventually fuse together and bring an adult Gotenks into the series.

Majuub could have had an actual fight.

But no, instead all fighters whose name was not "Goku" decide "welp, this poo poo is beyond our abilities, we will leave everything in your hands Son, even if the stakes involve the end of the universe" till they eventually decide "welp, actually we do care about helping, too bad we made our mind right when you were fighting the strongest dragon against who we truly are incapable of helping and now you are worn out from fighting the other 6".

Seriously, people say Super is the "Goku and Vegeta Show", but GT was the "Goku and Goku's helpless niece Show".

Pan is his grand-daughter. Come on.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Reading herms' episode breakdown of the shadow dragon stuff on twitter really highlighted how loving awful that execution was

the dragons literally just stand around and do nothing waiting for goku to show up

every single one of them

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nuova was interesting and Omega at least resulted in him and Gogeta reenacting Vegito v. Super Buu x100.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I remember one of the shadow dragons was basically piccolo or something and I thought that was cool.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Funny poo poo that I just remembered: when SS4 Goku and Vegeta are getting their asses handed to them by Omega, Goten and Trunks start talking about Fusion and start hyping things up like their going to form Gotenks again.

And then they stand around for the rest of the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

Funny poo poo that I just remembered: when SS4 Goku and Vegeta are getting their asses handed to them by Omega, Goten and Trunks start talking about Fusion and start hyping things up like their going to form Gotenks again.

And then they stand around for the rest of the fight.

Goku outright tells them not to fuse because Gotenks would still not be enough to help.

Uub asks to fuse with someone, anyone, just to get enough power to help. Gohan tells him he's too wounded and he should wait until he's healed. Absolutely nothing comes out of it.

It took until Heroes for GT Gotenks to actually appear. We're still waiting on that Majuub/Gohan fusion. Not even Fusions let Uub fuse.

• Locked thread