Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

drat thread is getting good again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

TheAgent posted:

pic already gone lol

where was it

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5i7dve/from_todays_empire_report_derek_reference/

These clowns are trying to associate lovely CIG lore to "He Who Shall Not Be Named."

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I think it was the 2nd latest twitter pic she posted , hopefully someone archived it

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

I walk in a room shoot people run out of ammo and die, this goes on for a couple of tries then I close it and try again in a month, doing the same thing :v:
Top Deus Ex tip: Just like in real life, crouching behind waist high desks and cupboards will make you completely invisible.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Sappo569 posted:

I think it was the 2nd latest twitter pic she posted , hopefully someone archived it

paging derek or melkor.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

tooterfish posted:

Top Deus Ex tip: Just like in real life, crouching behind waist high desks and cupboards will make you completely invisible.
try doing this in star marine lol

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

paging derek or melkor.

I know nothing of this Twita you speak of. :bahgawd:

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Lack of tax is disturbing

Are there any changes to the PU in 2.6? Just a new ship and SM?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Fooma posted:

Lack of tax is disturbing

Are there any changes to the PU in 2.6? Just a new ship and SM?

Probably some different colored pants to buy, I'd wager.

TheAgent posted:

The next-gen development consoles are impressive enough to work with our high standards, but I want to say this: nothing is being taken away here. The net benefit of releasing Star Citizen and Squadron 42 on the future XBOX and PlayStation consoles far outweighs the bad. It allows us a bare minimum overhead that expands to nearly limitless levels on PC.

This was always a PC game first but not only a PC game. Our scope and effort always included other ways to bring in revenue to make the Best drat Space Sim Ever, to bring you and everyone that believes in the project every hope, dream and feature possible.

Myself and everyone here stands by that, just as we hope you continue to stand by us.

Oh god I can feel the heat of a billion meltdowns...

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Apparently being a doubter and making regular critical posts makes you a Derek worshipper and gets you your very own psychological assessment:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Tokamak posted:

Apparently being a doubter and making regular critical posts makes you a Derek worshipper and gets you your very own psychological assessment:

I hope they didn't doxx him by using publicly available information.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Dementropy posted:

:same:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Everyone here with a Netflix account should watch The White Rabbit Project - specifically episode 4, which compares the greatest scam artists of all time. Pay very close attention to the story about the Dale car, from the Twentieth Century Motor Car Corporation.

Imagine someone with no actual product selling concepts and getting money from fake "we're in production" movies/ads, and then skipping town right before the set release date.

CR has no original ideas.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

D_Smart posted:

You see, this is why Shitizens aren't taking us seriously anymore. This poo poo ain't funny, man.

D_Smart posted:

You see, this is why Shitizens aren't taking us seriously anymore. This poo poo ain't funny, man.

D_Smart posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dementropy posted:

Everyone here with a Netflix account should watch The White Rabbit Project - specifically episode 4, which compares the greatest scam artists of all time. Pay very close attention to the story about the Dale car, from the Twentieth Century Motor Car Corporation.

Imagine someone with no actual product selling concepts and getting money from fake "we're in production" movies/ads, and then skipping town right before the set release date.

Oh poo poo it's the old Mythbusters crew. Cool.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Dementropy posted:

gonna check dis later, I love a good scam story

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
I tremble at the thought of being considered a doxxer and insane murderer etc., but I just love this.

Team Sandi for life.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheAgent posted:

It's a good one... yet amazingly enough nowhere near Star Citizen.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

TheAgent posted:

I love a good scam story

Have you heard about this game called star citizen?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
more 2.6 is now 3.0 rumors

quote:

• cig is actually making better progress than expected, so theyve decided to merge the 2.6 code base into 3.0 earlier than expected
  • because of that, they are going to halt the public release of 2.6 instead of wasting dev cycles on a dead branch
  • 3.0 will also be getting pushed back slightly while they work out the merge
  • overall ahead of schedule

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

I tremble at the thought of being considered a doxxer and insane murderer etc., but I just love this.

Team Sandi for life.
a "film"

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a good one... yet amazingly enough nowhere near Star Citizen.

Nowhere near the audacity or scope of CIG, but the foundation of the scam struck me as something very close to this project.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Dementropy posted:

Better get FAU on the case

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Team Sandi for life.

Mike Myers will now no longer be the worst Guru to ever appear on camera.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Team Sandi for life.

I'm seeing a lot of photographs of Sandi, making me think she's not doing a whole lot of acting in this.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Playing to her strengths.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi, hope you're all enjoying doing Stalking on people associated with this videogame. i just want to offer a quick reminder for you all to call or visit your parents wherever possible because they love and care about you

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi, hope you're all enjoying doing Stalking on people associated with this videogame. i just want to offer a quick reminder for you all to call or visit your parents wherever possible because they love and care about you

i bought my parents forums accounts so they can post in this thread with me

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ArfJason posted:

Alright.
It's cool that av purchases can't be traced thanks to these hack forums code, which allowed whoever found that personal site of mine (which has no links to my username or any of my handles btw, so the only way to find it is to know my real name) to buy IRL pictures of me as an avatar.
You loving weirdos win.

How many beanie babies can you fit up your rear end at once?

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I.N.R.I posted:

Can I doxx my parents?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

I.N.R.I posted:

Please stop doxxing my parents and how they feel about me.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:ohdear:

Have any of us stopped to consider that these constant reminders to call loved ones might be hurtful to MoMA?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

VealCutlet posted:

Can I doxx my parents?

I'm personally against the concept of doxxing. I think it's at best intimidating and potentially humiliating to the victim and at it's worst can ruin lives and lead to suicide

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Yeah, you're right. MOM! MOM!! GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE! MOM!!!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Tokamak posted:

psychological assessment: this guy is loopy

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

TheAgent posted:

Watching it now. It's pretty alright and it's funny seeing Grant Imahara drunk off his rear end.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

my son bought spacepants first and has beaten me at star citizen

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I.N.R.I posted:

I'm personally against the concept of doxxing. I think it's at best intimidating and potentially humiliating to the victim and at it's worst can ruin lives and lead to suicide

SeemsGood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Team Sandi for life.

Wait, she posted this and then took it down? lol

Were people being mean?