Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm pretty sure the timing of the stream is not going to make the system easier or harder to pre-order. What a weird complaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Nice, that's hopeful for the Switch then, but I still wouldn't bank on Amazon taking pre-orders. I'll be super surprised if they do.

Gonna preorder my lime green Switch from Amazon.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Phantasium posted:

I mean in the sense that they could easily sell more.

Besides selling out of ten copies of something isn't exactly a great deal.

Yeah, that's true. It's not the most ideal situation in hindsight. But it does mean that they met or surpassed expectations, which is a good problem to have.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
With the 3DS this year, I don't think anyone knew just how much Pokemon Go and Sun and Moon would increase demand for it. And in a happy accident I think people who couldn't get the NES Classic might have started picking up 3DS or especially 2DS instead because they aren't that much more expensive(especially 2DS) and they could say "I got you something even better!"

I decided to get my nephew a new 3ds(Mario 3d land version), and picked it up Wednesday before thanksgiving. They had like five of them. Next day, all 3ds everywhere gone.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Cartoon Man posted:

Gonna preorder my lime green Switch from Amazon.

Don't make me want things that don't exist, please.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Ill probably be an adult and wait for a BotW bundle before buying, but the Direct might make me try to buy it sooner with how good Mario looks.

Atomic Purple see-through Switch would make me look for preorders before the direct ends.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Color me surprised that they're not going to support the Wii U after the Switch launches.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm pretty sure the timing of the stream is not going to make the system easier or harder to pre-order. What a weird complaint.

zolthorg gets mad whenever Nintendo doesn't cater to his specific dumb needs, like a big baby

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gonna buy so many switches on Jan 12. Then if I can't sell them for $1000 each, I will return all of them except one.

America! gently caress Yeah!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

greatn posted:

With the 3DS this year, I don't think anyone knew just how much Pokemon Go and Sun and Moon would increase demand for it.

Pokemon Go came out 5 months ago, seems like its popularity could have been used as a sign to adjust stock a bit.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

That's way too late and I'll probably be in bed for work by then :(

Wonder if I can try to get that Friday off...

Lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

Gonna buy so many switches on Jan 12. Then if I can't sell them for $1000 each, I will return all of them except one.

I assume you're joking, but if you're not I hope someone breaks into your house and steals your pile of Nintendos and nothing else then donates them all to orphans

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Phimosissy posted:

I assume you're joking, but if you're not I hope someone breaks into your house and steals your pile of Nintendos and nothing else then donates them all to orphans

If he's not joking, I hope that someone breaks into your house, then your legs, and donates them to orphans.

I do know someone in Canada whose wife managed to get a Mini right after they came out and they did donate it to a centre for underprivileged youth. They didn't want to give it to a specific child because that could incite jealousy. Very classy.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Waltzing Along posted:

Enjoy making fuckin' bank.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Electromax posted:

"Ok guys, we've gotta get this Switch announcement juuuuuuuuust right"

are you saying the switch is a pizza?

because yeah, i'm in

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Phimosissy posted:

Mostly joking. I am going to put orders in at different places, but that's more because I don't trust Nintendo to actually have enough stock and I don't want to get shut out. Hoping to get from Target for the 5% discount. But having Nintendo orders cancelled in the past has made me wary.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

sirbeefalot posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with people.

If he's selling it under the "New" heading you can report him to Amazon. The condition of that product is "Used - Like New"

Electromax
May 6, 2007
You can make more money opening them all making 2 auctions, Switch hardware in one and Nintendo Switch (empty box only in small print) in the other.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Look at me, I have this rare retro game and it's complete in box. I know, I will sell the game, box and manual separately on ebay and make an extra $5. And have to deal with 3 different buyers. Hell yeah!

Wealthy Aristocrat
Dec 12, 2016
My GF is incredibly excited about this so that means I must be excited too haha. Anyone know the pricepoint for the games? 3ds prices?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Games will be $60.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So they will give (assumed) actual console specs and price and other specifics a bit less than two months before the son of a bitch actually comes out

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Calaveron posted:

So they will give (assumed) actual console specs and price and other specifics a bit less than two months before the son of a bitch actually comes out

Sure. That's what their presentation in January is exactly for.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
They will give price. Probably some peripherals. Some games. I don't believe Nintendo releases actual specs for their consoles. People just reverse engineer and guess.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

They will give price. Probably some peripherals. Some games. I don't believe Nintendo releases actual specs for their consoles. People just reverse engineer and guess.

Pretty much, at best they'll probably name drop Nvidia and that's it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Pretty much, at best they'll probably name drop Nvidia and that's it.

"It has a special made Nvidia chip"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
But two months to build hype? I don't know if it's rose-tinted glasses but I remember they built hype for the Ultra and the Dolphin and the Revolution with constant pictures of alpha footage and hardware prototypes for years before the things came out

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Calaveron posted:

But two months to build hype? I don't know if it's rose-tinted glasses but I remember they built hype for the Ultra and the Dolphin and the Revolution with constant pictures of alpha footage and hardware prototypes for years before the things came out

Do you think people aren't currently hype? Anyone who would care about a game system this far from launch is already hype.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Anyone who's buying it day one has known about it since it was hinted at even before the name NX was uttered. They've already followed it for years. It's those people who will sing praises of it to the common man. The Fallon reveal was just their first foray in letting regular people know it's coming. Nintendo also claimed they kept wraps on it through out development to avoid having competition jump on the idea.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A big part is a strong launch lineup. If there are a number of games across genres that spark interest, the thing will sell.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Nintendo is inviting select My Nintendo members to try out the Switch. Check yo emails.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

glassyalabolas posted:

Nintendo is inviting select My Nintendo members to try out the Switch. Check yo emails.

Don't be a bitch, try out the Switch.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Look I just want to go back to my childhood reading my Club Nintendos with all the cool pictures of 3D ALTTP Link fighting Shadow Link and Super Mario RPG 2 and wondering what other peripherals they can make fit into the controller slot and praying for the day I'd be able to get my greasy 9-year old hands on that bizarre controller that I still instantly understood how it was meant to be held

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

glassyalabolas posted:

So far it's been mostly people in the New York area from what I've seen.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm getting a switch then 2 weeks later going to Japan. Should be able to get some cool poo poo that won't ever come out here. So I've got that going for me.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm getting a switch then 2 weeks later going to Japan. Should be able to get some cool poo poo that won't ever come out here. So I've got that going for me.

Please take photos of you playing the Switch on a plane just like in the announcement video!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Please take photos of you playing the Switch on a plane just like in the announcement video!

Gonna be on a 787 so I should have enough space.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

:hellyeah:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waltzing Along posted:

How many Japan only games do you really think the Switch is going to get in the first 2 weeks? Three? Four?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Waltzing Along posted:

See if you can get onto the plane roof with some other people for a switch party.

• Locked thread