Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Help! For some reason I can't upload anything to YouTube from my PS4 because I get put into some kind of weird login loop. So far the answers online have said to:
- delete the YouTube app (never had one)
- link the account under System Settings (did it)
- blow away PS4 permissions on your Google account (there weren't any)

Has anyone else had this happen and figured out a solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
if this song gives you the Wipeout feels you are my friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc9l7pygQRo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shadow225 posted:

Things Microsoft is doing better than Sony:
Online parties, especially with the ability to invite to games through the party interface
Backwards Compatibility
Ability to stream more than just Spotify while playing
Allowing you to own games simultaneously on Windows and the Xbone (debatable since it's not through Steam unfortunately)

Things Sony is doing better than Microsoft:
Everything else

Anywho, I heard that GG Revelator is not the last version of that game that is going to be released. How far off is the next version? Revelator for 20 is very tempting. I wouldn't want a quickly obsolete version of the game. I don't play fighting gamz, so this isn't urgent.

Revelator has not yet had a successor named. At this point last time we already new of rev by the time sign got to pc so for whatever reason they may be holding off or changing up their business model. They were saying on steam that they are reevaluating how they do releases and that the new blazblue would not have the customary "extend" revision like previous ones.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's very good but this is what I related the first game with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUQxO8ZFU9g

ethanol posted:

it's the best game ever made, just nobody played it cause it was only on gamecube

I started it last night and I'm having a REAL hard time with that inventory. Ugh.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Intel&Sebastian posted:

sup XL buddy :):hf::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vuFnFQQ_pI

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Beastie posted:

I'm new so some more info on a 20% coupon would be cool.

I want God of War.

I'd love a 20% coupon too, but unfortunately I think we needed to be opted in to PlayStation Store emails before they went out.

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011
E: pocket posted so just gonna edit this to say the last guardian owns

Tgent fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 14, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider.

That's it?

Was fun, but I enjoyed the first one much more. I beat the game and apparently only went through 60% of it. So I guess there's a bunch of tombs to go back to. But I mostly played it for the story missions.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

89 posted:

That's it?

Was fun, but I enjoyed the first one much more. I beat the game and apparently only went through 60% of it. So I guess there's a bunch of tombs to go back to. But I mostly played it for the story missions.

Same

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Aloofa posted:

I realized this when I tried to resub/buy the PS4 version of Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn (played it on PS3 and PC). For the life of me I couldn't do it so I said gently caress it. Game is still probably a boring piece of poo poo anyway.

This reminds me of my experience recently when I resubbed: When I downloaded the demo of 2.0 on PS3 way back when I played it for maybe 6 minutes before I went with the PC version. Come this year, I didn't want to rectify that I totally lost my authenticator so I figure I'll install on PS4 and get a new account.

Turns out that just registering a username in the demo on PS3 permanently and irrevocably tied the old Squeenix account to my PSN account. So it was either call SE or I wasn't playing on PS4. It was such a strange experience.

Edit: And let's not even talk about how the only way to fix my authenticator issue was call SE on a weekday. Almost no web support, took forever to find the number, etc.

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 14, 2016

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

SettingSun posted:

This reminds me of my experience recently when I resubbed: When I downloaded the demo of 2.0 on PS3 way back when I played it for maybe 6 minutes before I went with the PC version. Come this year, I didn't want to rectify that I totally lost my authenticator so I figure I'll install on PS4 and get a new account.

Turns out that just registering a username in the demo on PS3 permanently and irrevocably tied the old Squeenix account to my PSN account. So it was either call SE or I wasn't playing on PS4. It was such a strange experience.

SE is really weird about this. If you use the phone token app and then get a new phone, you have to use a special removal code in order re-install the app on the new phone. My wife got a new phone a couple months back, didn't think about it, and she ended up having to call their customer service line for them to be able to remotely remove some kind of restriction and allow her to use the app again. The problem is that you have to be logged into your SE account in order to get the special removal code. And the only way to log onto the website is to use your password with the additional token number. It's really frustrating.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

89 posted:

That's it?

I thought Rise was much better. Somewhat less focus on combat with more puzzles, tombs and exploration. And the combat was helped with the bomb making which was fun.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Morby posted:

SE is really weird about this. If you use the phone token app and then get a new phone, you have to use a special removal code in order re-install the app on the new phone. My wife got a new phone a couple months back, didn't think about it, and she ended up having to call their customer service line for them to be able to remotely remove some kind of restriction and allow her to use the app again. The problem is that you have to be logged into your SE account in order to get the special removal code. And the only way to log onto the website is to use your password with the additional token number. It's really frustrating.
Japan in general has this weird obsession with tying accounts to portable devices like cellphones. I guess it's to stop some kind of fraud that happened on a wide scale in the past or something?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Samurai Sanders posted:

Japan in general has this weird obsession with tying accounts to portable devices like cellphones. I guess it's to stop some kind of fraud that happened on a wide scale in the past or something?

Oh is that the reason why the Vita is such a pain in the rear end about PSN accounts when no other Sony console is like that?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I mean, the PSN and Mog Station accounts have to be bonded so it can get proper billing/license information (PS licenses for XIV are registered by the game checking your PSN licenses and then telling Mog Station what's up). PSO2/SEGA-ID works the same way, so does Epic Accounts for Paragon, IIRC. They all also tell you that it's a permanent thing, so.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Morby posted:

The idea is that you're supposed to save the code when you attach the token to your account, if they let you remove the token without proving who you are that would kinda defeat the point of 2FA right?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Wandle Cax posted:

I thought Rise was much better. Somewhat less focus on combat with more puzzles, tombs and exploration. And the combat was helped with the bomb making which was fun.

I forgot how to do the slow motion kills have way in and then forgot to look it up until after I beat the game 😬

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

mycot posted:

Oh is that the reason why the Vita is such a pain in the rear end about PSN accounts when no other Sony console is like that?
Maybe. The 3DS is also nuts about that, where even if you initialize the device your account is still bound to it and only it. Asking my Japanese coworker about it just now, it seems that in the past there were indeed a rash of incidents of theft by phishing account info specific to mobile apps, so maybe that's it after all.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

homeless snail posted:

The idea is that you're supposed to save the code when you attach the token to your account, if they let you remove the token without proving who you are that would kinda defeat the point of 2FA right?

I agree, but it's still annoying to deal with. I wish there were another way to verify your identity in cases where you switch phones, but it is what it is. Thankfully I was able to capture and save mine, so I'll be ready for a new phone when the time comes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe. The 3DS is also nuts about that, where even if you initialize the device your account is still bound to it and only it.

To be fair that was true of the Wii and until recently Wii U also. And DSi I guess but lmao that thing

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe. The 3DS is also nuts about that, where even if you initialize the device your account is still bound to it and only it. Asking my Japanese coworker about it just now, it seems that in the past there were indeed a rash of incidents of theft by phishing account info specific to mobile apps, so maybe that's it after all.

I think that's more of a part of Nintendo insane anti-importing stance since even their non-portable consoles are like that.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Nintendo is just catastrophically bad at online services so far above and beyond sony and squenix. It also has to do with kids safety/privacy why there are no easy friends lists, etc.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I still weep for SwapNote... :smith:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Boogalo posted:

Nintendo is just catastrophically bad at online services so far above and beyond sony and squenix. It also has to do with kids safety/privacy why there are no easy friends lists, etc.

It's a good thing I was already a grown up when I played my first game of Uno on Xbox Live

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I still weep for SwapNote... :smith:

yea rip

swapnote was fun

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Did you guys miss Swapnote coming back last month?

It's called Swapdoodle now

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Did you guys miss Swapnote coming back last month?

It's called Swapdoodle now

No I did not forget. I simply no longer cared. They took too long.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

boy oh boy Sony hosed up the servers pretty bad

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

AlmightyBob posted:

boy oh boy Sony hosed up the servers pretty bad

What happened now?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot how some random encounters in Rebel Galaxy are just "you can't win this, reload". And there's no manual saving. Ugh.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

8-bit Miniboss posted:

What happened now?

downloading about 0.01MB a second right now I think they're being ddosed

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that just happens to me sometimes, I don't think they're getting ddos'd

try pausing and restarting the download a few times. that usually fixes it

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

that just happens to me sometimes, I don't think they're getting ddos'd

try pausing and restarting the download a few times. that usually fixes it

nah it's a global thing right now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i beat dishonored 2 for the second time today with a different character and different chaos level and all told the only changes were a few more bloodfly nests (which don't matter at all) and like 3-4 different lines of dialog that precede the actual narrative lines that don't change.
i was hoping for a lot more. probably would have only done one run if i had known and wouldn't have wasted hours sneaking around on my first run since walking into rooms and just murdering everyone is way faster and less frustrating than trying to stealth through

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As much as I love Dishonored they should probably stop pretending different playthroughs are worthwhile for any reason other than your own enjoyment.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Witcher 3 is so awesome I can't believe it. It's all I need until Yakuza 0 comes out and I still got the DLCs. Video games are awesome when they tell me good stories.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Housh posted:

Witcher 3 is so awesome I can't believe it. It's all I need until Yakuza 0 comes out and I still got the DLCs. Video games are awesome when they tell me good stories.

Yeah I got it at launch and sunk some hours in but dropped it for MGSV and just recently started the game over. About to make it to Skellige now and it's some of the most fun I've had gaming in forever -- can't believe I still have the DLC to look forward to, too. The writing is legitimately laugh out loud funny and it's such a joy to play... I did the storyline quest where you have to put a play together and act in it this morning and I decided to gently caress it up as much as possible and it was hilarious

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
The DLCs are crazy good too. Toussaint is bigger than some games entire open worlds.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I feel like I'm aaaalmost starting to click with FFXV's combat. But maybe that's just because I'm catching up on hunts and fighting enemies half my level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it takes some time to get used to but it's pretty neat once you start to get the hang of it

tho I do kinda wish it was entirely active like in kingdom hearts

• Locked thread