Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blaze Dragon posted:

Goku outright tells them not to fuse because Gotenks would still not be enough to help.

Uub asks to fuse with someone, anyone, just to get enough power to help. Gohan tells him he's too wounded and he should wait until he's healed. Absolutely nothing comes out of it.

It took until Heroes for GT Gotenks to actually appear. We're still waiting on that Majuub/Gohan fusion. Not even Fusions let Uub fuse.

Fusions not letting Uub or Nail fuse is the absolute worst decision that game makes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Zore posted:

Fusions not letting Uub or Nail fuse is the absolute worst decision that game makes.

Why would a game about fusions have characters that can't fuse?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

mycot posted:

I've only seen clips of GT but don't most of the Shadow Dragons end up being jokes anyway? (Not that's an inherently bad concept either, as all of the comedy in Super shows, but. It's GT.)

I remember that all the dragons also represent one of the wishes made during the series, and one of the dragons is pissed because they were Oolong's panty wish.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Why would a game about fusions have characters that can't fuse?

I think they can still fuse with the main character or something?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ImpAtom posted:

I think they can still fuse with the main character or something?

Yeah, every character can. Except Vegito.

The issue is every other character that doesn't get a unique fusion, mostly poo poo like 'Super Saiyan Gohan (kid)' which is just a variant of regular Gohan permanently in Super Saiyan, is way the hell better than those two. Fusing your MC with them will make it weaker.

Also there are like 100 OC do not steal characters who have a minimum of 4 unique fusions with the other dumb OC characters so Nail and Uub really stick out.

Zore fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 14, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kuroyama posted:

I remember that all the dragons also represent one of the wishes made during the series, and one of the dragons is pissed because they were Oolong's panty wish.

While this idea was good again, as it was the norm for GT, it was poorly executed.

Hell, they started GT with "how about we go back to the origins of Dragon Ball when it was about humor and exploration", but then saw that the fans were not too thrilled, so come the Baby saga "gently caress YEAH, FIGHTS!!!except it's only Goku against everyone"

But then come the Shadow Dragon saga they decide "how about we go back to the origins of Dragon Ball when it was about humor and exploration"

And inbetween they had the Super Android 17 saga, which till this day I still can't understand why it happened :psyduck: Was 17 enough of a popular character to merit his own arc...anywhere in the world?

Anyways, back on topic, it was smart that the way to exploit the embarassing-wish-Dragon's weakness was to make something embarassing, but since it was Goku doing everything again it lost impact, not to mention Goku is not above doing embarassing stuff.

Now had Vegeta been the one that had to go naked in order to distract the Dragon, that may have worked a lot better. Super is aware of this stuff and hits comedy gold when using Vegeta or Piccolo as butt monkeys.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 14, 2016

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Wasn't the Super 17 arc only about 7 or so episodes too? I remember it being hilariously short. I did like the idea of Hell opening up and releasing all of the series villains on the planet. They also did it in Fusion Reborn, but If eel like they did a little more with it in GT.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

From what I remember reading, GT was supposed to end at episode 40, with the Baby Saga. I'd guess Super 17 was done to create some filler so they had time to get the Shadow Dragon stuff developed.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Good concepts in GT:

- The Dragon Balls being all hosed up from all the years of constant use
- Intergalactic adventures
- Vegeta w/ moostache
- Building on established Saiyan lore
- SS4
- The return of Fusion
- Uub and Buu reuniting
- 17 doing something
- A return of some Dragon Ball-style wackiness
- Bra

Good concepts in GT that were pulled off competently

- Bra
- ...Gogeta clowning Omega...
- ...the ending?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The thing about how your main character can fuse with everyone in Fusions is that after you beat the game and get Super Saiyan Pinich that no longer matters because you're a crazy person if you don't have him fused to you at all times

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Blockhouse posted:

The thing about how your main character can fuse with everyone in Fusions is that after you beat the game and get Super Saiyan Pinich that no longer matters because you're a crazy person if you don't have him fused to you at all times

there are a bunch of things stronger to fuse with than SSJ Pinich. right now i'm fused with SSJGSSJ Goku and the stats are better than SSJ Pinich by a few hundred. frieza, cell, various Vegetas, various Gokus, and Hercule all surpass him as fusion buddies too but i dont have the requirements for those met yet. like SSJ4 Goku is on par with SSJGSSJ Goku but he's more melee-focused where as SSJGSSJ Goku is more ki focused so he adds up better with my OC's stats

not that anything in the game is a challenge at this point, but i want to be ready for the upcoming free DLC stuff just in case. gotta see if i can fuse with Fusion Zamasu or something and get even more power

need more power

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I haven't played Fusions, nor do I know anything about it aside from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HzH1CoFGMQ

Which already makes it a great game and I hope Super draws inspiration from it.

I want a 10 year time skip so that Goten and Trunks can get into their teens, and then a 5 way fusion between Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten and Trunks.

How would it even be called? Can a clever pun relating vegetables, carrot, rice, afterlife and underwear even be made by ningens?

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 14, 2016

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I thought the art in the Yamcha special was really well done. I checked and it turns out it was done by Dragon Garou [Warning: Danbooru link, turn on adblock] who's really good at imitating other people's styles and has made a few other Dragonball comics (including one where Vegeta and Saitama fuse).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I thought the art in the Yamcha special was really well done. I checked and it turns out it was done by Dragon Garou [Warning: Danbooru link, turn on adblock] who's really good at imitating other people's styles and has made a few other Dragonball comics (including one where Vegeta and Saitama fuse).

Oh, he's the guy that did Freeza's "four months of training" page.

EDIT: This is the best thing

Funky Valentine fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 14, 2016

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The cool thing about GT was the Kamehameha x10 and its big brother the Big Bang Kamehameha x100. More moves should have meaningless multipliers attached. Krillin should use the Destructo Disx x18 to defeat Hit.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Oh, he's the guy that did Freeza's "four months of training" page.

EDIT: This is the best thing

So many Dads.....

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
speaking of GT, why does Super lack Bra? Are you telling me they could have had both kid Trunks and a super young Bra having goofy funtimes at the amusement park while Vegeta grumblingly followed along to be a Good Dad and they opted not to? I get it if it's dumping as much of GT down the toilet as possible but Pan is here! We have the inferior kid of that pair already, let us have the fun half-Saiyan who potentially could be super strong but just wanted to go shopping and sass the prince of all Saiyans.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I doubt anyone at Dragon Ball HQ has the slightest idea who bra is

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think Bra hasn't been born yet. maybe if they do a time skip with Goku dying we'll see her. a time skip would be interesting to see, maybe Trunks and Goten will grow up

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

I think Bra hasn't been born yet. maybe if they do a time skip with Goku dying we'll see her. a time skip would be interesting to see, maybe Trunks and Goten will grow up

Bra is older than Pan IIRC so her not existing is kinda confusing.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Bra has been removed from the mainline canon

Bra will be Yamcha and Bulma's daughter in Yamcha's superior new spinoff series.

And yes, Bra will be able to go Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

That's how they go around the Buu arc.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 14, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ImpAtom posted:

Bra is older than Pan IIRC so her not existing is kinda confusing.

Actually Pan is older.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually Pan is older.

Wait really? I always thought she had a few years on pan.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

projecthalaxy posted:

I doubt anyone at Dragon Ball HQ has the slightest idea who bra is

They absolutely do

There's canon nerds working there who corrected Toriyama's Resurrection F script (he forgot Bulma had never seen Freeza)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blockhouse posted:

They absolutely do

There's canon nerds working there who corrected Toriyama's Resurrection F script (he forgot Bulma had never seen Freeza)

God bless these people.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Where were those nerd when he forgot Launch!

I really do love how Toriyama has managed to create this huge franchise beloved by people around the world despite basically just making poo poo up as he went along and having a god awful memory. Lot of respect for the guy.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Wait really? I always thought she had a few years on pan.

Most people do because of Bra's clothes and the fact that GT Pan is super bratty

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dragon Ball GT was really good

In the same way that the Garlic Jr arc was, specifically.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Funky Valentine posted:

Good concepts in GT:

- SS4

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I dig that it's got a distinct design and that it's lateral from regular Super Saiyan, not another layer on what's already there. Part of the problem with it is the name, calling it SSJ4 when it's not a progression from SSJ3. Whis should rename it sometime.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I feel like that is kinda true of all super saiyan forms, honestly, except the ones Vegeta and Trunks undertook.

Ssj2 is more like full energy SSJ, SSJ3 is more like SSJ2 with a half transformation to Oozaru.

That means golden ape form is the real ssj4 and what we call SSJ4 is more like primal SSJ.

But that's just my headcannon.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

yeah if SSJ4 was named Primal Saiyan or Feral Saiyan or something it would be like 10x cooler by name alone. like some sort of reversion to an earlier, more wild form of the saiyan race

Super Saiyan God got the right idea by dropping the number system

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/808985811014205441

holy poo poo yall, android 17 is back as one of the good guys in the new dragonball super arc

and gohan is back in his buu saga outfit???

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gohan... will be RELEVANT?!?!?!

18, what are you wearing!
17 being back is cool.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh yeah this is gonna be good.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kelp Plankton posted:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/808985811014205441

holy poo poo yall, android 17 is back as one of the good guys in the new dragonball super arc

and gohan is back in his buu saga outfit???

YES!

YEEEEESSSS

Dragon Ball Super is: good.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hm/ If this arc only starts February 5th, does that mean the Hit arc will last for about 2 months?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pureauthor posted:

Hm/ If this arc only starts February 5th, does that mean the Hit arc will last for about 2 months?

I mean, that's only like 7 episodes. I think the "Hit Arc" is going to be more of "Hit came to worn us. He's inter-universal Future Trunks"

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

For all we know, the Hit thing is like 2 or 3 episodes and there's some more one-off things or another mini-arc happening too, possibly

they've got some wiggle room before the new arc for sure

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

"Space Survival" arc, where they all go to Space Summer Camp that Park Ranger 17 decided to host, but it all goes terribly wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey Kriller shaved his head again

Wonder what the gently caress is making them all come out of retirement

• Locked thread