Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

Murray hasn't exactly been great himself. Only in the last 1-2 weeks has he pulled himself up to even with replacement level for the season.

Compare to Hield who is 44 years old...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Metapod posted:

what the hell it certainly does not seem like he has drove to the basket 30 times

This still Olynyk we're talking about? The pump fake king of the NBA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAbSKge_yTs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

I CANT BELIEVE New Orleans passed on Murray!!!

They shouldn't have had the chance :(

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Well that's not entirely surprising considering he's basically options 1, 2, and 3 in the Oklahoma City offense. Think of it like when Allen Iverson was at his peak in Philadelphia. It was no coincidence that his efficiency went way up when he went to Denver and was paired with another quality scorer.

RW played alongside KD (one of the greatest scorers in NBA history) and still put up bad FG shooting numbers every year.

AIs FG shooting in Denver was bad too. In 21 combined seasons AI and RW never had one single season with an eFG% of 50% or better.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

euphronius posted:

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/808816172682526720

really cant argue with this

I CANT BELIEVE New Orleans passed on Murray!!!

I would put Jokic in tier, like, 4.5 but i'm kinda surprised Murray is getting rated over guys like D'lo. He's super promising but it's way early and he's had a ton of bad games

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Zogo posted:

.047 WS/48

.47 WS/48 is like some eight foot tall LeBron James player.

No, I'm right. Andrew Wiggins is the best player ever and I love him and want to marry him.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Ben Simmons on tier 4 he aint even played a game smdh. Devin Booker should be in 5. Rest seem about right.

Also you all poo poo all over Myles Turner and didn't post anything cool looking he can do like:

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/808507901916708864

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

dokmo posted:

This still Olynyk we're talking about? The pump fake king of the NBA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAbSKge_yTs

i'm talking about my boy sabonis. I still appreciate the olynyk video

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Dexo posted:

Why are we allowing Bobby Portis slander so casually? When did this become normalized?

Look at that dudes face.

Look at his eyes and tell me he doesn't have "it"

I don't think I've actually seen Portis play this season so I've formed my entire opinion on him around the strength of your avatar and I think he's going to have a great career.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Libertine posted:

I don't think I've actually seen Portis play this season so I've formed my entire opinion on him around the strength of your avatar and I think he's going to have a great career.

I think you will find sanpaku is actually a curse of doom

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

EvanTH posted:

He's driven to the basket as many times this season as Carmelo Anthony http://stats.nba.com/players/drives/#!?sort=DRIVES&dir=-1&CF=MIN*GE*500&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals
He's taken 143 FGAs and drawn ONE shooting foul all season. That's insane! It's an actual all-time record

I would be steamin' mad at the refs if they were treating my son like this.

Well, technically it could have been 2 and-1's...

But yeah, that is eye-poppingly low. For just showing up at the arena for the game 24 times and putting his jersey on the right way, he should have earned at least a couple free throws by now, let alone for a guy who's shooting nearly 6 shots a game. Did he kill every refs mothers or something? Is he a war criminal?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
^^ bbref play by play lists it as one shooting foul and 0 and-1s

Kelly Olynyk isn't on that list cause he hasn't played 500 minutes, but he's driven to the basket 31 times.

"Non-Curry" is the key tho, it's true

Also how'd everyone miss Eric Gordon being a consistent .400+ 3p shooter he's been doing it for the last 3 seasons. He's not an allstar because he only plays 50 games a season and 30 of them are healthy. His head sometimes looks like a jackolantern several days after Halloween, but I mean that in a nice way.

Dexo posted:

Why are we allowing Bobby Portis slander so casually? When did this become normalized?

Look at that dudes face.

Look at his eyes and tell me he doesn't have "it"

Bobby Portis still has more TheLook x Possessions than most stars. It's his second year now and he's exactly an average NBA player which I guess is good for a sophmore.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
ROFL at Simmons in Tier 4 with Summer League experience

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
holy poo poo I didn't know Giannis is only 22

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Giannis is so good for being so young

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

And for starting basketball later than most.

There are still two more Antetokounmpo brothers too.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Thanasis is older and smaller and sucks tho

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

That's why I say two more. He has three brothers.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Zogo posted:

Yes, his FG shooting has been some of the worst this year. It crossed my mind to mention it but thank you for taking the onus. I didn't want to be the guy who had to break the news about Santa Claus this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xqD9-9RA0&feature=youtu.be&t=32s

#1 or #2 in FGs missed for eight straight seasons:

code:
Season	1st			2nd
2012-13	R. Westbrook (862)	K. Bryant (857)
2011-12	K. Bryant (762)	
2010-11	K. Bryant (899)	
2009-10	K. Durant (874)		K. Bryant (853)
2008-09	K. Bryant (912)	
2007-08	K. Bryant (915)	
2006-07	K. Bryant (944)	
2005-06	K. Bryant (1195)
That's a record that might stand forever.

It's not really fair to call a lot of his fg attempts fg attempts, they're just ridiculous starfish/octopus flails with a shooting motion added in hopes of getting contact, they're not attempts to shoot the ball into the basket.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dynamite Dog posted:

That's why I say two more. He has three brothers.

whaaaa like younger than Kostas? Is there footage of this? I had no freakin idea

I'd say Thank God for that family but then I'd also have to give God credit for the Plumlees and those cosmically balance each other so God earns nothing on this venture, very weak ROI, do not invest in God

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Factor in the zellers and its a loss for G-d.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's not really fair to call a lot of his fg attempts fg attempts, they're just ridiculous starfish/octopus flails with a shooting motion added in hopes of getting contact, they're not attempts to shoot the ball into the basket.

They were actually Kobe Assists

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Athanatos posted:

Ben Simmons on tier 4 he aint even played a game smdh. Devin Booker should be in 5. Rest seem about right.

Also you all poo poo all over Myles Turner and didn't post anything cool looking he can do like:

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/808507901916708864
yes I've been on mobile all day but it's really really dumb. He was also fine/good last season, so it's not like this is some crazy hot streak. We will be vindicated in the long run (he's probably already banked more career WS than Bobby Portis will have at the very least)

E: just looked, probably not true if you think Portis gets another year as a 10+mpg player

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 14, 2016

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
ugh and the way he divided apportioned talents between the Westbrook brothers is a fairly classic Jehovah-style "joke"

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'm thinking of the story of how they changed the rule to stop Kobe kicking his legs and elbowing people in the face and comparing it to how they changed the free throw rules to stop Wilt from dunking it from the line and I just can't decide which is cooler

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
THIS IS IMPORTANT

https://twitter.com/BrandonGowton/status/808855554026250242

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEqU7JHkfu0

Heh. Remember when this happened?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Zogo posted:

AIs FG shooting in Denver was bad too. In 21 combined seasons AI and RW never had one single season with an eFG% of 50% or better.
Of course Allen was never a great shooter but both his eFG% and TS% were higher in Denver than they were before or after. Similarly, Russ is seeing a dip in both categories now that he's no longer playing with Kevin Durant. His eFG% right now is pretty much closer to where it was when he was 21/22. It had a similar dip two seasons ago, when Durant missed 50+ games.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Zogo posted:

I wanted to see that video of Kevin Johnson attacking the guy who threw a pie at him. That guy should've worn Google Glass.

BBR has this:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/event_finder.cgi?request=1&event_code=fg&year_id=2017&is_playoffs=N&player_id=valanjo01
Ooh, my man, thank you

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

whaaaa like younger than Kostas? Is there footage of this? I had no freakin idea

I'd say Thank God for that family but then I'd also have to give God credit for the Plumlees and those cosmically balance each other so God earns nothing on this venture, very weak ROI, do not invest in God
Never ever Thank God for the existence of Duke basketball players.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a wonderful reminder tonight that the bulls' front office and ownership are complete garbage

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I wonder how Wade feels going from the tightly controlled Miami Heat organization to the :derp: of the Bulls

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So....what's with the Magic all of a sudden? They've been averaging like 120 points the last couple of weeks, which is not what I expect from that roster, much less a Vogel coached offense.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Tae posted:

So....what's with the Magic all of a sudden? They've been averaging like 120 points the last couple of weeks, which is not what I expect from that roster, much less a Vogel coached offense.
they changed the lineups around a ton, but also variance

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

someone bless this man's body

Calling all those age 23 dudes "prospects" is a stretch imo

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

One of his favorite hobbies is to stalk and harass Chandler Parsons when Parsons tries to live broadcast on Instagram/FB.

Parsons tried to do one the other day and Embiid just filled up the chat with: "Are you a virgin?"

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
chandler parsons fucks with a knee brace and a harness on to prevent injury

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Redgrendel2001 posted:

One of his favorite hobbies is to stalk and harass Chandler Parsons when Parsons tries to live broadcast on Instagram/FB.

Parsons tried to do one the other day and Embiid just filled up the chat with: "Are you a virgin?"

god bless the process

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

a wonderful reminder tonight that the bulls' front office and ownership are complete garbage

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/808888967919714304

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

My friend got seats that were 8 rows back from the Bulls bench and we spent the whole 4th quarter heckling Hoiberg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

I wonder how Wade feels going from the tightly controlled Miami Heat organization to the :derp: of the Bulls

Bulls are tightly controlled too. Just instead of talented people in the organization they have a tightly controlled group of Gar and Paxson's friends.

Also gently caress them for not putting together something nice for his return. Kirk Hinrich got two loving video tributes.

Niwrad fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 14, 2016

• Locked thread