Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Holy poo poo, that guest roster :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

beeman posted:

this year's holiday ep looks big, fellas

G.O.A.T.
Could have used a little Lapis but otherwise It made me laugh more than an other podcast ever, no exaggeration!
"There's and rear end in a top hat who's and doctor who fights a screensaver at some point!"

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 12, 2016

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I was crying so hard I was weeping while the Car Contest segment was happening.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
This is fantastic.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah that was probably the best episode of the year

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
What a insanely great episode.

Also, between Gabrus referencing 'the bald alien from Fringe' and Hanford doing an impression based on 'the Dad from Fun Home', it's been a huge year for uncredited Michael Cerveris references.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

alien ant farm IS a really good band.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

you're a time guy of some sort?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

After listening to that I realized the guy who voices John Lennon is not the same guy as the Time Keeper.

beeman
May 7, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

After listening to that I realized the guy who voices John Lennon is not the same guy as the Time Keeper.

handford tagged in for campbell like halfway through the US tour this year, so i guess they are somewhat interchangeable

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

cams posted:

alien ant farm IS a really good band.

I'm glad Scott defended the honor of them having TWO great songs. "Movies" rocks :discourse:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Foot Cardigan....no.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Netflix for your feet?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

goddamn that was a good episode, i was in tears multiple times definitely a top 5 of all time

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

For me, it's Paul Rust and Neil Campbell. Their regular speaking voices are nearly identical and I always think Paul is doing half of Neil's characters at first.

And yeah, a real grepisode. Though Lennon I'm pretty done with as a character.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Lennon I'm pretty done with as a character.

There's some definitel :regd08: going on there. He really doesn't have a huge stable of characters, so the tour episodes overexposed that one.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just have a big ol' sign up there that says 'no coons', ok bye Happy Holidays!!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
I've watched my mother make love six times. I've seen her get hosed 100 times.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Sinteres posted:

There's some definitel :regd08: going on there. He really doesn't have a huge stable of characters, so the tour episodes overexposed that one.

He was a lot more enjoyable until they started like, exploring how he survived and what death was like and all that. It's definitely a silly character that gets bogged down by explanation.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I like Lennon as a supplementary character because it's mostly his voice and affable nature that make him great. It's good to have a genuinely nice, upbeat character in the room.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
They obviously lampshaded that Mike wasn't a full replacement for Neil or Lapkus during the tour, but Mike usually brings enough positive energy to make up for any relative comedic shortcomings.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Less Lennon, more Calvin Redding

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/808851531537772544

another one bites the dust

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Rough year for PFT.

beeman
May 7, 2008

please god...don't let cake boss die...

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

It's gonna be weird when Gilly* comes back on the show

*sorry

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

beeman posted:

please god...don't let cake boss die...

cake boss

Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber turns 69 next year...

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Bad year.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
There's a bunch of cbb characters who are basically just guys who are happy to be there like John Lennon and they're usually really good but theres also characters where scott gets stuck in the weeds describing everything they ever did or said in every previous episode, like John Lennon, which usually get kind of boring.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

There's a bunch of cbb characters who are basically just guys who are happy to be there like John Lennon and they're usually really good but theres also characters where scott gets stuck in the weeds describing everything they ever did or said in every previous episode, like John Lennon, which usually get kind of boring.

I feel the same way about Cake Boss. I got to the point where I felt like I never wanted to hear him again for a while when it seemed like he was getting too bogged down in continuity, but then he was on for an episode mostly just shooting the poo poo with Scott and I thought he was good again.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They did another run of Questions with Lennon on Howl, and the episodes of that I've listened to are all really funny because it's just Hanford reacting to things in a distinctly goofy way without being bogged down by any details of the character

It's good when he is talking about his scarf being stuck in a knot and not good when he is re-explaining the mechanics of having been dead

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Has there been any episodes this year with Would You Rather? I admittedly haven't listened to all of them, but I can't remember any this year where they played it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Make jukebox jury great again

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The Senator Giroux posted:

Has there been any episodes this year with Would You Rather? I admittedly haven't listened to all of them, but I can't remember any this year where they played it.

Looks like four episodes:

http://comedybangbang.wikia.com/wiki/Would_You_Rather

The only one I remembered was the one where Natasha Leggero made fun of it and Scott got pissed off and killed it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There should be an ep where Scott 'dies' and visits all of his passed away guest up in podcasting heaven.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Would that ep also feature Jason Heynong Mantzoukas boning Kulap?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Would that ep also feature Jason Heynong Mantzoukas boning Kulap?

That's when he's visited by the ghost of podcasting future.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The I4H ghost of podcasting future episode was fantastic. You get to hear Gabrus's sardonic thoughts on not getting paid by Earwolf nor getting a podcast from them despite being on so many shows constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

At least he's getting a slice of the howl fortune now