Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I don't think the VA is bad, but the lines they gave her are terrible. "That's how you start the fight and finish it quickly" is poo poo

it sounds like they told her va to imitate some sort of weird dialect that does not work at all in english. also awful writing but all the characters have that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/ChariotDaGawd/status/808024416055599104

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Seems accurate...

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

the only person who's like that here is jack trades

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
boooOOOOoooOOOOm

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I have SFV and GG and I keep playing SFV for some dumb reason. Hopefully season 2 will shake me out of this fugue state.

I have enough fight money again to buy a character. I'm going to wait out Akuma and S2 and maybe buy Alex if poo poo is all crazy.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

anime was right posted:

it sounds like they told her va to imitate some sort of weird dialect that does not work at all in english. also awful writing but all the characters have that.

Laura just sounds dreadful no matter the language tbqh

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Illuminado posted:

Seems accurate...

General Morden posted:

the only person who's like that here is jack trades

Xrd is good and I still play SF4 almost every day.
What now, bitch?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Xrd is good and I still play SF4 almost every day.
What now, bitch?

https://a.pomf.cat/xeppvu.webm

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

I still play SF4 almost every day.

lol you know you don't have to, right?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Illuminado posted:

Seems accurate...

there are only three choices for fighting games after all

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Brosnan posted:

lol you know you don't have to, right?

It's a fun game? Way more fun than SFV, that's for sure.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Jack Trades posted:

It's a fun game? Way more fun than SFV, that's for sure.

One frame links are not fun.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Corbeau posted:

Garbage flaccid normals are even less fun.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Corbeau posted:

its really good that plinking exists so there are no one frame execution requirements in sf4.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koLLGajAK4g

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Corbeau posted:

i mean you can totally play certain characters without them, not like elena, but others. Then you can just go wild and play viper instead.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

SectumSempra posted:

i mean you can totally play certain characters without them, not like elena, but others. Then you can just go wild and play viper instead.

this meme needs to die

except at the very highest of levels, one-frame links are not mandatory

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

this meme needs to die

but.. its a really convenient way for me, as someone who knows absolutely nothing about what they are talking about outside of memes, to discount an entire game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I couldn't clear a trial because it had a 1f link but I also didn't play SFIV until 2015 and barely had any reason to stick with it

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i had fun playing ultra for the month that i played it.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Illuminado posted:

Seems accurate...

Could always pull out the ol' Dreamcast too if you've got a solid basement futon scene, GGX1 still has the best music too

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
floe weighs in on SF5

https://clips.twitch.tv/floe/UnusualMuleOSsloth

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sounds about right.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

this meme needs to die

Unless you play Vega, or Abel, or Rufus, or one of a bunch of characters who rely on one frame links to do much of anything.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/WinnerStaysOn/status/808708596401864705

funny poo poo

WSO UK SF guy repeatedly tells a casual player to kill himself in various ways on Twitter because said casual player wanted arcade mode

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
lol is it logan

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

dangerdoom volvo posted:

lol is it logan

yeah

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

lol is it logan
yeah that's logan

dude honestly has a pretty lovely attitude, i TO'd at a tournament in april and he straight up just pushed me outta the way to get past so those tweets dont surprise me at all

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Cat Machine posted:

yeah that's logan

dude honestly has a pretty lovely attitude, i TO'd at a tournament in april and he straight up just pushed me outta the way to get past so those tweets dont surprise me at all

this is the same dude who made an overwatch joke about the pulse nightclub shooting

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Spuckuk posted:

Unless you play Vega, or Abel, or Rufus, or one of a bunch of characters who rely on one frame links to do much of anything.

Rose too. It's not really HIGHEST of levels for a good chunk of the cast, unless you like dealing 100 damage from confirms. Also why is every popular opinion people disagree with nowadays a meme, that meme needs to die.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

SF4 was a high skill game because you needed knowledge of basic electrical engineering to mod a select button onto your stick. Now in sf5 any high school dropout can mash mp mp for a 2 hit combo

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

General Morden posted:

this is the same dude who made an overwatch joke about the pulse nightclub shooting

What was the joke?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Boy I loved eating a shoryuken every time I dropped a 1 frame link trying to confirm my basic bnb punishes. I hope SF4 stays dead forever.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
tina eat the shoryu

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
If you don't eat your shoryu, you can't build any meter.

How can you build your meter if you don't eat your shoryu?!

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

Boy I loved eating a shoryuken every time I dropped a 1 frame link trying to confirm my basic bnb punishes. I hope SF4 stays dead forever.

I loved throwing out my carefully calculated footsie normals only to be blown up by a random-rear end focus attacks

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Flinger posted:

I loved throwing out my carefully calculated footsie normals only to be blown up by a random-rear end focus attacks

quote:

I loved throwing out my carefully calculated footsie normals only to be blown up by a random-rear end jab dp

quote:

I loved throwing out my carefully calculated footsie normals only to be blown up by a random-rear end CC blowback

quote:

I loved throwing out my carefully calculated footsie normals only to be blown up by a random-rear end parry

quote:

I loved throwing out my carefully calculated footsie normals only to be blown up by a random-rear end roll cancel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Omega is a thing that exists, it's fun to play. It's like SF4 but without 1 frame links or safe DP FADCs. Somebody tell me why I'm wrong and it's a poo poo game I should hate.