Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Medullah posted:

The flipside, of course, being that now there's no benefit to doing Warzones if you're F2P.

How so?

I actually only assumed they removed the limit to WZ queues because I couldn't find the weekly pass on the cartel market, but according to the Reddit thread, the limitation still exists and that you need to be queued with a current subscriber to actually have 'unlimited' WZs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Zakmonster posted:

How so?

I actually only assumed they removed the limit to WZ queues because I couldn't find the weekly pass on the cartel market, but according to the Reddit thread, the limitation still exists and that you need to be queued with a current subscriber to actually have 'unlimited' WZs.

They removed Warzone commendations from the game along with PvP gear. The only gear you can get now is from Galactic Command, which is subscriber only, so the only reward you get doing PvP as a F2P is credits (and experience if you're sub-70, of course). And since there's no PvP gear, you'll get stomped once people start getting better gear at 70.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FYI, the zero cost 5th anniversary awards are up in the stronghold area. This includes a Senya holo trainer that you can unlock in collections for 400 cartel coins - quite a bit for a free statue, but that way you can have a portable trainer for every alt you make.

Festive Taun Taun is awesome, Non-entity you're my hero, and the Wampa companion is humongous.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Medullah posted:

the Wampa companion is humongous.
It has some unique skills too, or at least new animations/reskins of them. :allears: I just wish it was less obnoxious to max the affection of best companions.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

This includes a Senya holo trainer that you can unlock in collections for 400 cartel coins - quite a bit for a free statue, but that way you can have a portable trainer for every alt you make.

At times I forget that a great many people weren't around for the Rise of the Hutt Cartel launch and didn't get the guffawing Dr. Oggurobb trainer. :cool:

Shame that Senya costs 400 and not 1 cartel coin like most of the promo items in collections, but still, it's nice to have a choice now.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Medullah posted:

They removed Warzone commendations from the game along with PvP gear. The only gear you can get now is from Galactic Command, which is subscriber only, so the only reward you get doing PvP as a F2P is credits (and experience if you're sub-70, of course). And since there's no PvP gear, you'll get stomped once people start getting better gear at 70.

I see. Well, I'm only level 60 and I don't even have KOTET, so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Straight Outta Eternia

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Holy poo poo that's great, what set is that?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Two different sets there, the Naga Sadow and Jori Daragon sets, with some cheap gaudy dyes. Those are not the most easy sets to get, but they are a lot of fun!

Edit: I was pretty bummed to learn that Master Ranos can't use vibroswords. In a perfect world she would also be using a Cathar Honor Sword in that picture.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 14, 2016

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Just finished chapter nine. That ghost Vaylin fight sure can go gently caress itself.

My sub lasted exactly long enough to unlock Shae Vizla. Guess I don't need to sub now till the inevitable next expansion?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Twelve Elves posted:

Just finished chapter nine. That ghost Vaylin fight sure can go gently caress itself.

I made it all the way through for the second time, and holy cow are the fights faster if you're not a tank. :downs:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Two different sets there, the Naga Sadow and Jori Daragon sets, with some cheap gaudy dyes. Those are not the most easy sets to get, but they are a lot of fun!

Edit: I was pretty bummed to learn that Master Ranos can't use vibroswords. In a perfect world she would also be using a Cathar Honor Sword in that picture.

I used that Jori daragon set to turn my lightning sorc into Zeus and it rules. I still need to get a lightning tuning for him...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh, Galactic Command is just a glorified set of repeatable lootboxes. I somehow got it into my head you'd be making galactic edicts and so on. :saddowns:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh, Galactic Command is just a glorified set of repeatable lootboxes. I somehow got it into my head you'd be making galactic edicts and so on. :saddowns:

It's your destiny to slave away for RNG bullshit.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

I honestly wouldn't mind the gear grind if that were the case. Sitting on a big chair and ruling on random issues or whatever would be fun flavor.

Also on the subject of fluff, I hate how empty the personal starship is in kotfe (and I assume beyond). I get why the companions are gone, obviously, but it'd be cool to have generic officer/crew NPCs walking around and beep booping on consoles.

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 14, 2016

somedamnthing
Mar 29, 2003

sup
I'm just restarting this mess for some reason, and I'm wondering if there are any Goon/fun-chill guilds on Harbinger I can get an invite to? I've got both factions with characters in need of good homes. :sad_dog_picture:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Just had an Uprising. Started it, threw a snowball at a dude.

"DON'T THROW THAT loving poo poo IN HERE MAN"

"I can't help it, each package is an easy 20 CXP"

"Just knock it off"

Of course turned into 3 people hitting him with snowballs.

"YOU'RE ON THE IGNORE LIST"

Leaves group.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Actually ruling your new not-Empire would be :effort:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

"Just knock it off"

Leaves group.

Hahaha

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

"Just knock it off"

Leaves group.

Snipers are real though...every time I zone into fleet I bet it isn't half a second before I get hit multiple times.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Snipers are real though...every time I zone into fleet I bet it isn't half a second before I get hit multiple times.

Yeah at least you can click it off. Do you remember the brief time you couldn't click the buff off AND the effect showed on people in stealth? That was fun times.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Well, we do have our favorite camping spots. :blush:

I have yet to swing by the official forums, but has anything been said about the not being able to target the gift droids with thrown snowballs? I never picked up the snowball gun so I'm pretty much stuck other than keep gathering parcels for going on a buying spree.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

Well, we do have our favorite camping spots. :blush:

I have yet to swing by the official forums, but has anything been said about the not being able to target the gift droids with thrown snowballs? I never picked up the snowball gun so I'm pretty much stuck other than keep gathering parcels for going on a buying spree.

At least 4 Reddit threads about it, so using the Reddit -> Forums coefficient I would suspect at least 3,253,233,651 complaints thus far. I have to assume that will be fixed pretty quick.

This one I can't even defend. I know why they changed the snowballs to not affect NPCs - people were farming the snowballs with their companions and macros - but it seems like that one should have been an easy "Uhhh guys, what about the gift droids????"

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Gosh, just buy a snowball cannon! They're only 80,000,000 on GTN :suicide:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Speaking of money, what are the go-to easy money gathering/mission skills now? It looks like they've changed the rewards for it on me (UT no longer rewards gifts I guess?) and I don't know what the economy is like anymore.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Gosh, just buy a snowball cannon! They're only 80,000,000 on GTN :suicide:

Glad I got mine last year.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Speaking of money, what are the go-to easy money gathering/mission skills now? It looks like they've changed the rewards for it on me (UT no longer rewards gifts I guess?) and I don't know what the economy is like anymore.

Underworld Trading, Treasure Hunting, Diplomacy and Investigation all have rewards but they are all rank 1-5. The purple missions for higher ranks generally reward gifts as well, but only level 5. Your best pure gift gathering profession will be Investigation as the missions are quickest.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Underworld Trading, Treasure Hunting, Diplomacy and Investigation all have rewards but they are all rank 1-5. The purple missions for higher ranks generally reward gifts as well, but only level 5. Your best pure gift gathering profession will be Investigation as the missions are quickest.

Are crafting missions all supposed to give light/dark points now?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Are crafting missions all supposed to give light/dark points now?

Yup, part of the Dark vs Light cxp feature.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Medullah posted:

Yup, part of the Dark vs Light cxp feature.

Throw enough snowballs and you can feel the POWAH OF THE DARK SIDE, too.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I am the emperor of the galaxy...it is time to make a demonstration of my supreme and unlimited power

~~piff~~

Jazzy Jones
May 25, 2008
What the hell, where is old raid gear? Rakata n stuff from release days ? Where are all old tier sets ... . Only legacy vendor on fleet but that is just uh... :(. Game changed a lot for sure in last uhm 4 years?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Jazzy Jones posted:

What the hell, where is old raid gear? Rakata n stuff from release days ? Where are all old tier sets ... . Only legacy vendor on fleet but that is just uh... :(. Game changed a lot for sure in last uhm 4 years?

All long gone, unless you had some stored in your lockers.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I have to admit it's really kind of obnoxious how Bioware's outright removed a lot of easily accessible gear over the life of the game, especially considering how big a focus there is on collecting cosmetic stuff. I can totally see an understand the reason - streamlining things so it's easier to understand or what not - but it wouldn't be that hard to shove a <Legacy Vendor> or something like that somewhere on the fleet as a credit sink.

But then I have no idea what the gently caress they were thinking when they stripped out commendations entirely and such, so hey.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Jazzy Jones posted:

In the Alliance crates you get from doing Heroics + other KOTFE/ET related things. It's RNG and empty orange gear, but they're there.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 15, 2016

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Gear started looking better with Underworld and Kell Dragon but the Columni/Tionese/Rakata sets were fairly fugly anyways. Battlemaster too.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Gear started looking better with Underworld and Kell Dragon but the Columni/Tionese/Rakata sets were fairly fugly anyways. Battlemaster too.

Kell Dragon armor is the best looking armor in the game, IMO. Love that set.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I got an email survey about this game, and answered the basic questions. At the end after I typed a response in the "what changes would you like to see" box I got an error message saying "your answer must contain 50 characters. I count only 595 characters." I changed my answer to "please fix this survey" and that worked. I guess my actual grievances will need to wait.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I got an email survey about this game, and answered the basic questions. At the end after I typed a response in the "what changes would you like to see" box I got an error message saying "your answer must contain 50 characters. I count only 595 characters." I changed my answer to "please fix this survey" and that worked. I guess my actual grievances will need to wait.

I got that survey too. Just keeping my changes list to the barest minimum it counted 200 characters. They should've asked for what's the top thing you want changed to fit that character count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

So, hey, if you're a new or returning player. Click this here referral link and get some free stuff to make life easier as a F2P/Preferred and/or 500cc if you subscribe.

I assure you there's no reason at all that I'm sharing my link this month only. Special offer*. Act now!

*Offer void in parts of Guam.

• Locked thread