Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

THORIUM posted:

realtalk I'm just trying to make sure we don't lose in 2020 and the first steps should be taken on this dead forum

Well, I personally have two electoral college votes, so I guess starting with the forums is probably the right call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Pollyanna posted:

i'm fully expecting the SV/startups/VC bubble to pop soon and bring everything around it crashing down

means i won't be in demand anymore :sigh:

My money is on 2018.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
SF is set to burn anytime now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grondoth posted:

Please say literally.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

i'm fully expecting the SV/startups/VC bubble to pop soon and bring everything around it crashing down

means i won't be in demand anymore :sigh:

Trump will probably end the subsidies that enable tesla (and most alternative energy stuff) and it'll show worse-than-expected quarterly earnings, which will make the whole thing start to unravel. Uber will run out of money and the whole thing will crash overnight.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
I love the "take it elsewhere" response

Nope. We're keeping it right here. This is the Democrats' thread, and it's open-season on the party leadership. Things are moving toward the Sanders' wing of the party right now. We're here to stay.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

THORIUM posted:

Nope. We're keeping it right here. This is the Democrats' thread, and it's open-season on the party leadership. Things are moving toward the Sanders' wing of the party right now. We're here to stay.

so no on taking any concrete steps in moving the democratic party forward, okay

before you put your foot down and loudly proclaim that this is your thread now, maybe you really should have read at least the last 50-100 pages and realize you're not the first or the only one

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zegermans posted:

Obama's going to be remembered as the dude that took us from 800k job losses per month to 7 straight years of slow but steady growth, without creating an unstable bubble - while at the same time at least getting a foot in the door of healthcare coverage. He'll only be seen as a failure on here and the rhizzone (I repeat myself)

That's going to be true but mainly as function of who writes history books and not due to any relation to reality

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Bushiz posted:

Trump will probably end the subsidies that enable tesla (and most alternative energy stuff) and it'll show worse-than-expected quarterly earnings, which will make the whole thing start to unravel.

This is bad :(

quote:

Uber will run out of money and the whole thing will crash overnight.

But this is good.

Grondoth posted:

And this is the best.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SickZip posted:

That's going to be true but mainly as function of who writes history books and not due to any relation to reality

okay, but do you have any evidence that you're more credible than the people who write history books

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

logikv9 posted:

before you put your foot down and loudly proclaim that this is your thread now, maybe you really should have read at least the last 50-100 pages and realize you're not the first or the only one

So this is now the thread to post hug box WaPo opinion pieces on how Democrats were misunderstood?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Battle Royale Baby posted:

So this is now the thread to post hug box WaPo opinion pieces on how Democrats were misunderstood?

no, but i've heard there's a thread in D&D for that

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

logikv9 posted:

So turn my comment into something I never said and then dismiss it with hubris... ah, yes, the HRC debate playbook rearing its head again in such mesmerizing fashion. Maybe we should just stick to actual discussions about solutions instead of failed tactics?

Lest someone think you might be of "low energy"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

THORIUM posted:

So turn my comment into something I never said and then dismiss it with hubris... ah, yes, the HRC debate playbook rearing its head again in such mesmerizing fashion. Maybe we should just stick to actual discussions about solutions instead of failed tactics?

Whose man is this?

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

logikv9 posted:

no, but i've heard there's a thread in D&D for that

oh wait hang on i need to just keep everything without caps.

my bad

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

THORIUM posted:

You are a moron and what I'm trying to say to you is that this is already more or less the thread you desire, although it has its ups and downs and plenty of debate (as it should). It is not, however, Bernie thread 2.0 because containment threads as a concept are dead and buried.

You should have read the thread before you burst in and acted like an idiot

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Whose man is this?

apparently both men and women in several deep-blue states which have an orientation for labor

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Is this the new Egoism meme?

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

logikv9 posted:

You are a moron and what I'm trying to say to you is that this is already more or less the thread you desire, although it has its ups and downs and plenty of debate (as it should). It is not, however, Bernie thread 2.0 because containment threads as a concept are dead and buried.

You should have read the thread before you burst in and acted like an idiot

oh ok my bad because I thought I came in and said that I would be unable to read the prior 535 pages of the thread

I usually only have about an hour to catch up on news and read the forums each night. it's cool if you don't understand thank kinda situation though my bad

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
if you think about it the whole election was a fight between containment threads

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

If you can't spend more than an hour a night reading cspam posts and jerking off to Peter Daou tweets then you aren't made for politics my friend.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

If you can't spend more than an hour a night reading cspam posts and jerking off to Peter Daou tweets then you aren't made for politics my friend.

lebanese death squads are hot though

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

afraid my balls only respond to LarryWebsite and the folks that subtweet him

gotta go with high-yield right now

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Huey Long was the left's Donald Trump. If that sounds too weird to be true, then do yourself a favor and read T. Harry Williams' biography of Long and then report back here to shitpost about him with me.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i should hope the left can do better than a virulently racist upjumped door-to-door salesman who got shot for being an rear end in a top hat

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
mind u Long makes Trump look like a piker when it comes to flagrant cronyism

e. also my favorite Long anecdote was when some guy got attacked by one of his brothers and then went to complain to Huey, who made a pensive face and said "Was it Earl? Yeah, Earl bites."

paranoid randroid has issued a correction as of 08:13 on Dec 14, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

paranoid randroid posted:

i should hope the left can do better than a virulently racist upjumped door-to-door salesman who got shot for being an rear end in a top hat

i dont know id call tr left-wing gov

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Huey probably did more for the black people of LA then any governor in history. Probably did more for the poor in his state than any single governor in history. We aren't nearly lucky enough to have had a man like Huey in the Whitehouse.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

THORIUM posted:

This is the Bernie thread because the Hillary Did Nothing Wrong people still don't have the guts to show up :laffo:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

THORIUM posted:

the revolution begins here, in the democrats thread on somethingawful.com

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Concerned Citizen posted:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

This is the Bernie thread because the Hillary Did Nothing Wrong people still don't have the guts to show up :laffo:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bernie went to Trump Land and spoke to Trump Voters. There are a lot of awful moments. :psyduck:

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/5-key-moments-bernie-sanders-town-hall-wisconsins-trump-country

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I don't have a link for you but you should definitely watch the whole thing, it is very good

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

It seems silly, but if a bunch of people dip their feet in the water, maybe a handful of them will actually be worth a drat and make a difference at a local level.

The other plus is that the knowledge that everyone brings back will improve the level of discourse. More people will actually have firsthand knowledge of how the system works.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Bernie and Keith are giving a joint speech on their vision for the future of the Democratic party 8ET.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

logikv9 posted:

I don't have a link for you but you should definitely watch the whole thing, it is very good

Yeah I wish television news did more of these townhall sessions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

THORIUM posted:

Be honest, did this sound cool in your head

• Locked thread