Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Ramos posted:

The first one she's just a pissy bully, the second one she's lazy and pissy, the third one she's just awkward and kind of a bully, but develops into a clockpunch hero who bullies people into doing things for her so she can save the world.

Lightning exists to kick other people and moogles around while only ever showing positive emotions towards sweet rear end horsechickens that she can ride.

This makes her sound way cooler than she actually is. She does all of this in a really, really bland way. Like really bland.

At least it shows that if your main character is a bland action person, then it doesn't matter the gender.

E:

Ramos posted:

She kills God, proclaims herself as the God of Death, resets the universe to be one without magic (GET IT? It's the FINAL fantasy), and ends up on what is basically our Earth with a job as a fashion model. This is just after her younger self, formed from chaos to look like her sister, tells her that she's super insecure and always wanted to wear dresses.

Are you loving kidding me? "You don't really want to do badass things like kill gods and monsters, you just want to wear pretty dresses and be frilly."

gently caress you, SquareEnix. gently caress you hard.

Then again, if you view it as Cloud, that changes a lot about 7.

DicktheCat has a new favorite as of 19:37 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
She kills god and moves to Paris yes.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ramos posted:

This left them with tons useless loving baggage that they had lying around.

the baggage is represented by the purses she models for

edit: this is fanart, yes it is

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Dec 13, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
https://twitter.com/shawnbowers/status/807701595442081792

"currently drawing all 151 OG Pokémon as Garfield because I'm a bad man"

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

DicktheCat posted:

This makes her sound way cooler than she actually is. She does all of this in a really, really bland way. Like really bland.

I haven't played any of them, but I was on the couch for most of my roommate playing XIII. I liked Lightning well enough, partly due to her lacking all the melodramatic bullshit that makes me hate two thirds of FF characters. She's quietly competent and tells people to gently caress off when appropriate.

So of course the culmination of her character development is accepting Japanese gender norms.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Did the third game give her a love interest?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yes, it was me, Motomu Toriyama, the producer of FFXIII Lighting Returns. I love her very much.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ramos posted:

Lightning's actually really popular in Japan, especially among women. Probably because she embodies that weird quiet everywoman over there while being able to tell people to gently caress off.

And honestly, the first two games in XIII were trash, the third one only got fun because of how goofy it got with her becoming a born again Christian cosplayer. It even ends on Lightning canonically realizing she hates this heroism stuff and fucks off to become Square's fashion model.

FF XIII 3 is very bad and has some of the worst performance issues adn the worst framerate I've ever seen in a AAA JRPG

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Did the third game give her a love interest?

She already had that, it was Hope, the whiny teenager. She plays mom/girlfriend thing to him and it's kind of weird.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Ramos posted:

She already had that, it was Hope, the whiny teenager. She plays mom/girlfriend thing to him and it's kind of weird.

All my knowledge of FFXIII comes from playing FFRK which reduces every game in the franchise to just the fights while giving a tl;dr version of the story, so I was spared most of the stupidity.

Sadly, the game uses the original music from the games each stage is based on, including the victory music. XIII is the one game that doesn't have the normal opening chord, so :rant:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Nah FFX-2 has this different rock tune as well.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Weird, for a second there I thought this was the Chat About Bad Video Games Thread. But it's just another derail in the fanart thread. Have some more fanart of noted good game, undertale.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Captain Invictus posted:

Weird, for a second there I thought this was the Chat About Bad Video Games Thread. But it's just another derail in the fanart thread.

why are you so rude

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Every day is bad video game day when you post Undertale fanart.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Nanomashoes posted:

Every day is bad video game day when you post Undertale fanart.

You do realize that you're only encouraging him, right?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've posted nothing but pokemon fanart lately but gently caress it S/M is so good it deserves it. The Porygon family is also good.

spit on my clit posted:

why are you so rude

He revels in being a pariah.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Undertale celebrates the concept of fandom while also insinuating that getting wrapped up in fandom to the detriment of everything else in your life is really dumb and that eventually, yes, you have to put the toys back in the box and move on with your life. This makes posters like Captain Invictus funny because it means they're tremendous fans of something they haven't fully understood

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Kit Walker posted:

Undertale celebrates the concept of fandom while also insinuating that getting wrapped up in fandom to the detriment of everything else in your life is really dumb and that eventually, yes, you have to put the toys back in the box and move on with your life. This makes posters like Captain Invictus funny because it means they're tremendous fans of something they haven't fully understood

Who gives a gently caress, its a game where you can date a skeleton.

Some people think too much.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Huzzah! posted:

Who gives a gently caress, its a game where you can date a skeleton.

Some people think too much.

its also a game where you can murder skeletons

https://twitter.com/Blazewyvern here's a source

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 03:52 on Dec 14, 2016

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

Eat poo poo and die you creep

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

free the lobster

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is all you need to know about FF13 and its sequels

I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kit Walker posted:

But that's just a theory...

a GAME Theory!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
^^ :nallears:

As much as goons seem to value baiting and trolling and owning, he does a pretty good job of being a gimmick poster and making people real REAL mad. It was a fun game, some things about it are good and bad. I didn't like it enough to play it again for genocide and I probably won't ever come back to it.

I personally find it quite easy to scroll past posts that I don't care for, such as anything FirstAidKite does. I don't dislike them as a person, I just haven't seen jojo yet so it's a blur of meh to me. I have too much fun in this thread to get worked up over it.

Feline Mind Meld has a new favorite as of 05:03 on Dec 14, 2016

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

They also accidentally put a Devil May Cry track in that game. And a rap song too. It was a very experimental musical entry in the series.

Ramos has a new favorite as of 05:09 on Dec 14, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's the oddest podcast fanart you've ever seen?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

RandomPauI posted:

I think I read an F-Plus fanfic once? Or maybe I just read about it on ballp.it. Either way, that one.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Eldercain posted:

It was a fun game, some things about it are good and bad. I didn't like it enough to play it again for genocide and I probably won't ever come back to it.

If you enjoyed a pacifist run, I'd suggest checking out slowbeef's blind genocide run. Lots of fun reactions to the content, 95% of the grind is edited out, and a surprise interview with everdraed in the middle of it

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Ramos posted:

Toblerone

speaking of 'toblerone' and fanart there's always :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ZPiR4RxE8

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

fritz posted:

speaking of 'toblerone' and fanart there's always :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ZPiR4RxE8

I recognize that art.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Ramos posted:

I recognize that art.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

quote:

Mimikyu apparently learns Wood Hammer and I’m assuming this is how

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

I've posted nothing but pokemon fanart lately but gently caress it S/M is so good it deserves it. The Porygon family is also good.

He revels in being a pariah.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

A new Overwatch patch came out with Christmas themed goodies and other stuff so I'm looking forward to seeing some of the fanart for it posted here. :D

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thanks guys, I was missing the Gamers.txt threads and this thread is just making me feel like it never left. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

• Locked thread