Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mordja posted:

Sorry, I can't hear you over the Alternator being the best designed SMG in gaming history. :smug:
I probably should have specified this applies more to the returning weapons from the first game since I do like most of the new weapons. I'd probably pay money for a cosmetic DLC that gave the Carbine, MGL, P2016 (well I guess P2011 technically) and Kraber their looks from the original. Could probably throw the G2 in there for good measure too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How do you guys feel about Angel City? I loved it at first and still have some really fun rounds on it but the roof top camping is stating to get really old and I hate that roofs have those ledges that protect the people who just hang out there. If nothing else it's annoying as poo poo when I'm in a Titan.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Mordja posted:

Sorry, I can't hear you over the Alternator being the best designed SMG in gaming history. :smug:

Two barrels is stupid and it looks like a retarded boomerang. R97 4ever :colbert:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

veni veni veni posted:

How do you guys feel about Angel City? I loved it at first and still have some really fun rounds on it but the roof top camping is stating to get really old and I hate that roofs have those ledges that protect the people who just hang out there. If nothing else it's annoying as poo poo when I'm in a Titan.

It's never not been that for me. Initial battles in the streets for a minute as everyone fights to see who gets the good camping spots, then lots of nothing happening until the people on the roof get titans and then it's all titans vs people who are now on the roof launching grenades. It's a stupid fun map for wallrunning but yeah... it's as camphappy as Black Water Anal.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Two barrels is stupid and it looks like a retarded boomerang. R97 4ever :colbert:

You say this like looking retarded isn't the goal.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
I got so very lucky with this one

MrBond fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 14, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mordja posted:

Hell, Ion is probably a better sniper than Northstar...

Both Legion and Ion are.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

angel city is fun but i hate the playlist. id love to play something other than attrition on the other maps

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Actually it owns much like how it seemingly being designed to throw hot brass into your face regardless of which hand you fire from owns

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The game needs more executions based off tactical kit stuff.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Argas posted:

The game needs more executions based off tactical kit stuff.

You throw down an amped wall between yourself and your target and then punch them so hard their head flies off

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I played a few games with Scorch last night after reading the tips here in this thread and I wrecked a whole bunch of people. I feel like he needs the dash to get out of trouble when hurling barrels at a group of titans, personally.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
This is me demonstrating appropriate Kraber engagement range:
https://gfycat.com/ShyAcclaimedIndochinesetiger

When the enemy ejecting pilot has the same idea as you:
https://gfycat.com/DampWavyDeermouse

Got my Kraber to Gen 3, time to take a break from it and work on something else I guess.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I played a few games with Scorch last night after reading the tips here in this thread and I wrecked a whole bunch of people. I feel like he needs the dash to get out of trouble when hurling barrels at a group of titans, personally.

I definitely go for the dash option because it's so vital.

Personally as Scorch, going for executions gets me wrecked sooner than later, because it gives the enemies time to set up to burn you down afterwards, but it's so drat satisfying. Lately though, it's just started to hurt me more because the Titan self-destructs and while it's no nuke, it still takes off a chunk of health.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yo I got a handful more BWW codes for the Ion nose art. They expire on Thursday I think. Doesn't work with prime Titan tho :(

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yo I got a handful more BWW codes for the Ion nose art. They expire on Thursday I think. Doesn't work with prime Titan tho :(

Sure, I'll take one. Could use an excuse to take my Ion out again before I'm done with Scorch.

Edit: Thanks for the code.

Argas fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Dec 14, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just post here and I'll shoot a PM but it doesn't matter

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Can I have one please? :ohdear:

fortocero
Jul 23, 2007

I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Just post here and I'll shoot a PM but it doesn't matter

Me if you have more :)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sent

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

This goon is a cool and handsome person who has ensured a Titan I don't normally use will now look fancier than other people's.

fortocero
Jul 23, 2007

I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This goon is a cool and handsome person who has ensured a Titan I don't normally use will now look fancier than other people's.

I was avoiding playing Ion due to the vortex shield fps bug but I might as well start training him now. Thanks for the code!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Volcanic Vents posted:

You throw down an amped wall between yourself and your target and then punch them so hard their head flies off

Pump them so full of stims they sprint off the map and despawn.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Volcanic Vents posted:

Cloak/A-Wall: Bear hug the target and the robot arm punches straight through their head Aliens-style.
Stim: Go all superhuman strength and push with your feet against the targets back while holding their arms, ripping them off. Beat senseless with detached arms.
Holo-Pilot: Two man beatdown back and forth in the style of X Gon Give it to Ya from Rick & Morty.
Pulse Blade: Slit their their throat blade slowly, lets out a single sonar pulse on completion.
Grapple: Wrap the cable around them several times and squeeze them until they explode like an overripe tomato.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Nah, the Grapple one should start with a kick that sends them stumbling back, followed by firing a grapple into their chest and using it to fly into them so as to deliver a boot to the head.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I was thinking of something like that but then you'd run into issues when the target is on a ledge or facing a wall.

Not that it matters since this is all a pipe dream anyways :smith:

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I will grab one if you have any left.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm not sure why it's so hard for me to get "Do not try to block Salvo Core with Vortex Shield" through my head :saddowns:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm not sure why it's so hard for me to get "Do not try to block Salvo Core with Vortex Shield" through my head :saddowns:

The enhanced particle wall will eat an entire salvo core, but collapse almost instantly for the ions mega laser barf (which will still have enough juice left to roast two or three titans if they are positioned conveniently).

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'd be down for one of these if you have any more.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Grapple execution idea: tying them up by running in circles around them with the wire out and then you pull it like a spin top and it whirlwind spins them into a cartoon skeleton :D

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Got any of these left? I'll take one if there's one going. :buddy:

boz
Oct 16, 2005
The pulse blade execution should stab then from behind and then pulse, showing their skeleton/organs.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Nose art would be cool! I've tentatively begun playing the multiplayer after finishing the story mode, it's good! I'm still terrible, but I'm using a mouse and keyboard this time at least so my aiming is much better. I tend to be a little reckless, overfond of punching.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Does anyone else use gunrunner on their setups? It feels like it's practically mandatory on smgs and shotguns.

In a game in which time to kill is so low it feels like even a tenth lid a second is the difference between victory and defeat.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'll take one if they're gonna expire anyways

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I play him exclusively with the dash and yeah it's really critical. Pop out, flame-flood an area, dash back into cover is really powerful.

Also for tactical executes, I want stim to be a super-speed grab and leaping piledriver.

boz posted:

The pulse blade execution should stab then from behind and then pulse, showing their skeleton/organs.

This is also super fuckin' groovy as a concept

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

uglynoodles posted:

Nose art would be cool! I've tentatively begun playing the multiplayer after finishing the story mode, it's good! I'm still terrible, but I'm using a mouse and keyboard this time at least so my aiming is much better. I tend to be a little reckless, overfond of punching.

One of my favorite things about this game (and T1 as well) is how well I can hold my own using a PS4 controller on PC. Most other FPSes I'd just be entirely outclassed by everyone using kb/m, but I'm actually pretty happy with my overall performance in this game.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Pulse Blade: Slit their their throat blade slowly, lets out a single sonar pulse on completion.

I dunno if it's random or what but I got the In Your Face execution as a gift the first day and IMO its pretty sweet and would make a good Pulse Blade-exclusive execution

Mr.Citrus posted:

Does anyone else use gunrunner on their setups? It feels like it's practically mandatory on smgs and shotguns.

In a game in which time to kill is so low it feels like even a tenth lid a second is the difference between victory and defeat.

Eva-8 with Gunrunner and Extra Ammo :getin:

I'm pretty good with frag grenades, but I feel like my playstyle would greatly benefit from learning to use and abuse Gravity Stars.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I'm a Mastiff man with Extra Ammo and Faster ADS

Because you really need those tight Mastiff groupings for one-hit kills (it's why it's strictly inferior to the EVA despite being a much more awesome concept) and those only happen in ADS

I take it with Holo Pilot in Hardpoint and have a fine old time.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Because you really need those tight Mastiff groupings for one-hit kills (it's why it's strictly inferior to the EVA despite being a much more awesome concept) and those only happen in ADS

I really want to like the Mastiff and was really excited when I unlocked it but drat I'm really bad with it

e: also I'm always reluctant to give up an anti-Titan weapon but the Mozambique seems like it owns and I can attest to having been killed by it a bunch

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 14, 2016

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Is it a smaller group (like with chokes) or is the group closer to where you aimed at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Had a guy camping with a rifle complaining in all chat about people using shotguns because they suck at this game. :allears:

Also I'm not sure how to embed gfycat things but after I blasted the hell out of this dude I think I'll be playing Ion for a bit instead of Ronin. https://gfycat.com/BlondElasticBluebottle