Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

HoI 4 is good

I like it a lot even though I don't understand naval warfare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tumor looking batty posted:

I like it a lot even though I don't understand naval warfare

The naval and air warfare are terrible. I try to play landlocked powers as much as possible so I can ignore them more

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
If you have to naval invade, just use paratroopers. Japan especially.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm canada and I joined the axis. game is good

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

they makin a dlc that will give the commonwealth countries they're own focus trees too

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In HOI4 I'm playing as Italy and this is my plan for the moment. I've been pushing Italy towards Communist while mostly avoiding getting involved in any wars other than claiming Ethiopia. I've also befriended Yugoslavia who are still their starting ideology (I forget if its Democratic or Non-Aligned) with the goal to turn them Communist along with Greece. Once I get those two onto my good side, I'm going to target either conquering Nationalist Spain or just helping prop France up against the Germans and join in on the Allied invasion of Germany.

This is my plan. I expect it go to poorly.

Edit - Quick update. poo poo went south in a big way. I pissed off both the Axis and the Allies in my cool and hip "Mediterranean Bloc" faction to the point where my people now only live in Ethiopia.

Edit 2 - Got destroyed by South Africa and lost. :( Think I'll go play some CK2 for a while.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Dec 2, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

is Hoi4 Kaiserreich coming out this week

Oh it's out. For people who don't know, Kaiserreich is a gigantic alt history mod about a world where Germany won WW1 and things went awry from there. It was the biggest and more painstakingly made HoI2/Darkest Hour mod and the most popular one out there and I played it a magnitude of hours more of it than the vanilla game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The new CK expansion will have you join satanistic cults and the illuminati just like the rulers of today's world.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 5, 2016

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Anyone interested in some map game mp?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Me and plutonis are doing a multiplayer game tonight of hoi4, post here or in the discord to get in on it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll be home around 9 if that's not too late for you guys. HoI 4 MP is epic.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm sorry I flaked last night, promise I'll be on today

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You jerk. I'm free all day today so steam message me.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Good game guys. Sorry the AI ruined your fun Larry :(

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
yeah, it seems like it was a fun war for everyone before that big encirclement.

i really do think you should try splitting up into more armies, or at least more frontlines per army - limits the scope for the AI's erraticness.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

yeah, it seems like it was a fun war for everyone before that big encirclement.

i really do think you should try splitting up into more armies, or at least more frontlines per army - limits the scope for the AI's erraticness.

I would prefer that the AI work

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
blame Wiz, imo

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

anyone check out this new story content for stellaris yet? ive been debating starting a new game for a while

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremely steampunk posted:

anyone check out this new story content for stellaris yet? ive been debating starting a new game for a while

I played almost 10 hours this week and it still hasn't shown up

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Assuming you mean the free one. The paid one is OK I guess but it doesn't really add much. Even with a mod to force spawn all of them, it's been rare if I see more than 1 or 2

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I haven't seen the free one either but I like the paid one. Leviathans are pretty cool game-changers. Like once I had an early space age society reach FTL and become an actual faction within a system I also had a planet in. They were fanatical purifiers or something like that so we hated each other but since it was still pretty early neither one of us had a fleet that could take out both the other person's fleet and their spaceport at the same time. We were locked in stalemate for a while until suddenly a wraith or phantom or whatever it's called casually flew into our shared system, annihilated both of our stuff in a matter of seconds, and flew off just as suddenly, and I was able to retask some forces from the rest of my empire and rush the other guy before he could rebuild their spaceport.

I'm pretty sure the Extradimensional Horror parked in one of my systems has wiped out a few enemy fleets too. I kinda want to keep him around as border security.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like what I've seen too, it's just like... I'd rather have the mechanics be fun before they add more content.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Is there a good tutorial for learning how to play CK? The in-game one just like shows you where all the buttons are but i still have no idea what im supposed to be doing at any given moment

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

Next patch for EU4 looks huge!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Uhhhh that sounds like a Civ game. I don't want that stuff in EU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ballin, like that there's a goal for building up a province should make it pretty worthwhile between that and the institution increase.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ottomans : +33% Siege Ability
Portugal : +50 colonial growth
Denmark : 30 less liberty desire in subjects.
Venice : +50% Trade Power from Ships

:stare:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I like the idea of making separate ages for certain specific events and disasters to happen but all the rest really look straight up stolen from Civ 6

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
it's good to steal good things from other games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

it's good to steal good things from other games

I don't like Civ mechanics in map games, I play them for very different reasons :/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I could have my way I would freeze EU mechanically right now and just tweak the new tech mechanics and maybe make estates more interesting. It's got like the perfect balance right now of interesting mechanics and number crawl to me as it is

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I wish they froze too cause none of the mods I subscribed have updated for the latest patch yet :/. I wanna do an Imp MP of the voltaire nightmare mod.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

holy poo poo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

If I could have my way I would freeze EU mechanically right now and just tweak the new tech mechanics and maybe make estates more interesting. It's got like the perfect balance right now of interesting mechanics and number crawl to me as it is

I'm glad you aren't in charge then.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Big noobie that's been playing Map games for 3 months: oh my god (Italian finger kiss) belissimo...EUR is literally perfect. Stop right there, paradox, you've achieved perfection.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Actually I haven't played these games for 18 months so they probably are perfect now...le sigh.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I think EU4 is pretty close to perfect right now. All it needs to make Estates a bit more interesting.

Paradox posted:

and there is also four unique abilities in each age, where countries that historically were powerful in that age can unlock a special ability.
:whitewater:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Stellaris talk in here cool or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frankenfreak posted:

I think EU4 is pretty close to perfect right now. All it needs to make Estates a bit more interesting.

:whitewater:

Making the Ottomans and the French and the English even stronger