Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My favorite part of that rear end in a top hat is that he's taking "woman earning more than man is more stressful" and saying that a woman's pay shouldn't be equal to a man's for equal work.

What he's missing: Women are paid less for the same work, so they have to do MUCH MORE WORK to get paid more than their husband if their jobs are at all similar. Doing much more work is much more stressful.

Maybe THAT'S what is causing the stress increase, not your dumb gender bullshit, dude!

Or maybe your dumb gender bullshit is causing men to feel insecure that their wife is the breadwinner, not them? Ever thought about that, Captain :biotruths:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

hallo spacedog posted:

The other nice thing is that if you end up married to someone who is legitimately threatened by your career or earning potential you can just let your marriage explode in your early 30s and subsequently then have your pick of cute 20s dudes who are totally on board with helping with your dog and housework while you are busy working.

Having someone be onboard with helping you because they acknowledge your time is important regardless of traditional roles is so much better than my weird lovely bitter marriage where my time was always worth less to him than his so all chores and tasks defaulted to me, even while I tried to build my business.

Being a househusband is a legit career goal.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

I've spent the last 3 years with a weekend that started on either a Tuesday or a Wednesday so makes sense to me :shrug:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I have a cousin whos facebook posts alternate between posting about how happy he is being a stay at home dad, working out, drinking, and taking care of the kids while his wife works, and insane sure right wing screeds about being a man and how Trump is so superior to Hilary because she is a woman.

He confuses the hell out of me.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

RFC2324 posted:

I have a cousin whos facebook posts alternate between posting about how happy he is being a stay at home dad, working out, drinking, and taking care of the kids while his wife works, and insane sure right wing screeds about being a man and how Trump is so superior to Hilary because she is a woman.

He confuses the hell out of me.

Sounds like he hasn't quite come to peace with his situation in life.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

He's trying to convince himself he's ok with it, but I bet deep down he's quite upset that a woman is the breadwinner in that house.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

~ ~ 😢SADDEST😭 🍲COPYPASTAS🍜 ~ ~

PLS READ.

❌❌❌MICROWAVING WATER-A must read article. An eye opener. ❌❌❌
-------------

A 26-year old man decided to have a cup of coffee. He took a cup of water and put it in the microwave to heat it up (something that he had done numerous times before). I am not sure how long he set the timer for, but he wanted to bring the water to a boil. When the timer shut the oven off, he removed the cup from the oven. As he looked into the cup, he noted that the water was not boiling, but suddenly the water in the cup 'blew up' into his face. The cup remained intact until he threw it out of his hand, but all the water had flown out into his face due to the build-up of energy. His whole face is blistered and he has 1st and 2nd degree burns to his face which may leave scarring.

He also may have lost partial sight in his left eye. While at the hospital, the doctor who was attending to him stated that this is a fairly common occurrence and water (alone) should never be heated in amicrowave oven. If water is heated in this manner, something should be placed in the cup to diffuse the energy such as a wooden stir stick, tea bag, etc, (nothing metal).

General Electric's Response:
Thanks for contacting us; I will be happy to assist you. The e-mail that you received is correct. Microwaved water and other liquids do not always bubble when they reach boiling point. They can actually get superheated and not bubble at all. The superheated liquid will bubble up out of the cup when it is moved or when something like a spoon or tea bag is put into it.

To prevent this from happening and causing injury, do not heat any liquid for more than two minutes per cup. After heating, let the cup stand in the microwave for thirty seconds before moving it or adding anything into it.

pass this on, you could very well save someone from a lot of pain and suffering.

Forwarded as received

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

My favorite part of that rear end in a top hat is that he's taking "woman earning more than man is more stressful" and saying that a woman's pay shouldn't be equal to a man's for equal work.

What he's missing: Women are paid less for the same work, so they have to do MUCH MORE WORK to get paid more than their husband if their jobs are at all similar. Doing much more work is much more stressful.

Maybe THAT'S what is causing the stress increase, not your dumb gender bullshit, dude!

Or maybe your dumb gender bullshit is causing men to feel insecure that their wife is the breadwinner, not them? Ever thought about that, Captain :biotruths:?

The Danish article (here if anyone wants to look) was actually about the use of erectile dysfunction medication wrt earning differences between husbands and wives. Anxiolytic use and insomnia are not the chief thrust of the study, but regardless:

quote:

Breadwinner wives suffer increased insomnia/anxiety medication usage, with similar effects for men. We find no effects for unmarried couples or for men who earned less than their fiancée prior to marriage. Our results suggest that social norms play important roles in dictating how individuals respond to upward social comparisons.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Do you know what's IOSM that really pisses me off? Youtube personalities that can't take criticism, so they dot-reply to sick their followers on them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

PLS READ.

-------------

A 26-year old man decided to have a cup of coffee. He took a cup of water and put it in the microwave to heat it up (something that he had done numerous times before). I am not sure how long he set the timer for, but he wanted to bring the water to a boil. When the timer shut the oven off, he removed the cup from the oven. As he looked into the cup, he noted that the water was not boiling, but suddenly the water in the cup 'blew up' into his face. The cup remained intact until he threw it out of his hand, but all the water had flown out into his face due to the build-up of energy. His whole face is blistered and he has 1st and 2nd degree burns to his face which may leave scarring.

He also may have lost partial sight in his left eye. While at the hospital, the doctor who was attending to him stated that this is a fairly common occurrence and water (alone) should never be heated in amicrowave oven. If water is heated in this manner, something should be placed in the cup to diffuse the energy such as a wooden stir stick, tea bag, etc, (nothing metal).

Thanks for contacting us; I will be happy to assist you. The e-mail that you received is correct. Microwaved water and other liquids do not always bubble when they reach boiling point. They can actually get superheated and not bubble at all. The superheated liquid will bubble up out of the cup when it is moved or when something like a spoon or tea bag is put into it.

To prevent this from happening and causing injury, do not heat any liquid for more than two minutes per cup. After heating, let the cup stand in the microwave for thirty seconds before moving it or adding anything into it.

pass this on, you could very well save someone from a lot of pain and suffering.

Forwarded as received

Doesn't this really only happen with non-turntable microwaves and perfectly smooth containers like clean, quality glass or Pyrex? The agitation of a turntable and imperfections on the surface of most cups prevents the water from being still enough to superheat and then explode when touched.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Ularg posted:

Do you know what's IOSM that really pisses me off? Youtube personalities that can't take criticism, so they dot-reply to sick their followers on them.

Sounds like you've been burned.

On that note, I can't stand "followers" of internet personalities. They hold these otherwise ordinary, if insufferable, people on a pedestal and attack anyone who challenges that view they have of a complete stranger. Like when Vine "star" Curtis Lepore raped another Vine "star" Jessi Smiles and was convicted of it in court, but instead of dropping him like a bad habit, his rabid followers sent death threats to Jessi and called her a lying slut for accusing their beloved for attention and likes.

Here's what Curtis had to say about it.

https://twitter.com/curtislepore/status/437834073327681536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Fashionable Jorts posted:

My husband and I had a baby in June. I went back to work after 3 weeks and he's a SAHD until the daycare costs go down. I don't think either of us has been this happy or content, ever.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'd love to be Mr. Mom. I honestly see nothing wrong with it. I mean, I get to spend all day with my beautiful baby girl, how is that not great?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

God Hole posted:

Sounds like you've been burned.

On that note, I can't stand "followers" of internet personalities. They hold these otherwise ordinary, if insufferable, people on a pedestal and attack anyone who challenges that view they have of a complete stranger. Like when Vine "star" Curtis Lepore raped another Vine "star" Jessi Smiles and was convicted of it in court, but instead of dropping him like a bad habit, his rabid followers sent death threats to Jessi and called her a lying slut for accusing their beloved for attention and likes.

Here's what Curtis had to say about it.

https://twitter.com/curtislepore/status/437834073327681536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I'm still on fire, technically. Cause I told a CoD youtuber that loot boxes were unethical and he was complicit in that by making "Opening x100 loot boxes!" videos. All the while he goes on twitter talking about how he hates the system of buying power from loot boxes.

I've gotten like 50 notifications in 15 minutes. Mostly from viewers dogpiling with "No one cares kid, heh"

I should have known better than to threaten someones youtube-senpai with a disagreement.

Ularg has a new favorite as of 04:23 on Dec 14, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've learned that gamers are really protective of their digital slot machines.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ularg posted:

I've learned that gamers are really protective of their digital slot machines.

Overly protective of things that make them mad in general. I once asked someone on another forum why they still played Overwatch after they ranted for an hour straight about how every possible facet of the game was complete and utter poo poo while blaming the game for making them angry enough to destroy their expensive computer, and was promptly dogpiled by everyone because I clearly didn't know what I was talking about (for asking a question, as my first contribution to the discussion) and that it's perfectly normal for people to get physically violent over video games. Then the discussion became about people bragging over their destructive tantrums.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Courtesy of my best friend's mom

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mak0rz posted:

Courtesy of my best friend's mom

I guess she's mysterious.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Men, Please Stop Manthreading

quote:

There is this thing that people (mostly men) love to do on Twitter, something other than harass women and send DMs of their half chubs. It’s called threading, and it’s one of the many things ruining my Twitter experience.

Threading happens when someone has a lot of thoughts or feelings on a particular topic, so many that they can’t fit them all into 140 characters. So, ostensibly to help readers follow along on their train of thought, they thread the tweets together by replying to themselves. Sometimes they even use numbers!

Yesterday, a man named Eric Garland, a “strategic analyst for businesses and government agencies” with around 30K followers, decided it was time for some “game theory” without consultation from the rest of the internet (it wasn’t time and will never be time). The ensuing political rant is so insane and prolific it took up almost 6 pages when posted into a Google doc, and included a map. I dare you to read his thread in full and try to still respect yourself.

The content of Garland’s self-proclaimed “<THREAD>” isn’t really important, as most aren’t. They are typically “intellectual” dribblings from men who love Explaining Things To Me (essentially a subtype of Online Mansplaining). These are people who want their ideas to take up the absolute most space possible. Like Manspreading, but of digital space.

Enter: Manthreading.

I hope this fits here namaste.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Absolutely. Doing that on Twitter is absolutely not solely on either gender, everyone does it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Literally everyone on twitter "Threads"

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

it's clickbait

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Ularg posted:

Literally everyone on twitter "Threads"

Including the author of that piece, wouldn't you know it

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it's clickbait

I'm the guy who clicks on all the dumbest clickbait articles, forcing the media to debase themselves for my amusement. Mwahahahahaha!

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Everytime I hear the word Buzzfeed, my vision goes white and I wake up with the taste of blood in my mouth

Because clickbait is the worst scourge known to the Internet denizens.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
ugh, stop Jewthreading

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

it's called knitting

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Please stop manposting.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Ularg posted:

Please stop manposting.

i'm a rhino.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Cumslut1895 posted:

ugh, stop Jewthreading

Elliot did nothing wrong or evil. He did something to end his suffering and delivered justice in the process. His heart was at the right place. He made them pay for the evil that was inflicted on him. The females made it come to that. They are the truly evil ones. The blood of the victims is on the hands of females that didn't sleep with him. Elliot gave a just reaction to his situation.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
The Elliot Rodger bodybuilding forum post might be the single greatest piece of black comedy ever.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
His name was Mona Lisa Body because much like her Smile, the world gazed at his form and was unable to comprehend what was going on there, or what made it look that way.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Xen Tricks posted:

Well god bless the internet because someone managed to save and re-upload them to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/mobile/folders/0B8ENGke08-ClaDVZZnFRTHZXWkk?usp=sharing

Out of the thousands of videos they've done, Dahir Insaat still manage to be some of the funniest things I've ever seen

Holy poo poo a few pages back now but I've been looking for these for ages, you are the best

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The Elliot Rodger bodybuilding forum post might be the single greatest piece of black comedy ever.

https://storify.com/NewSecular/elliot-rodger-bodybuilding-com-forum
:stare:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

The Saddest Rhino posted:

PLS READ.

-------------

Forwarded as received

A metal spoon is perfectly fine because the water grounds it.

Though the spoon will still be too hot to touch afterwards.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Crumpled up foil works best due to high surface area.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Mustached Demon posted:

Crumpled up foil works best due to high surface area.

And an ignition source for that smokey flavour.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This guy sounds unstable, like if someone doesn't keep an eye on him he might do something rash

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Here is an adorable video of a little girl being given an unexpected puppy and her ensuing total emotional meltdown as she literally bawls with joy and the love she feels for lil' pupper, and her parents for doing this for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpl1fP_1fOw

Don't read youtube comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Breetai posted:

Here is an adorable video of a little girl being given an unexpected puppy and her ensuing total emotional meltdown as she literally bawls with joy and the love she feels for lil' pupper, and her parents for doing this for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpl1fP_1fOw

Don't read youtube comments.

Jesus Christ. Like, you told me not to read it, and I read it anyway, and now I hate the world.