Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
ESL still gonna ESL don't matter where it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Of course, I say "tech's sorted out" and then they're paused less than one minute into the game. :pwn:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
m5 are gods of losing to koreans

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Vega Squadron played that pretty drat well, but I really don't think Elder Drake was a good call. Varus had put all of his eggs into the long-range poke basket and he was barely chipping away at Maokai by the end of that game. They either needed to get a pick beforehand or bait it without committing fully so that Varus could get a few critical Qs out to make Orianna threatening enough.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

what the gently caress is phreak doing here

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

archduke.iago posted:

what the gently caress is phreak doing here

Encouraging me to go and do something else for the next half hour, I guess.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

shiphtur had a baby with wildturtle?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I was watching while playing Ranked so Imissed of the first game but I just remember edward playing some nasty thresh and VEga got ahead but it looks like they lost their lead somehow.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ulio posted:

I was watching while playing Ranked so Imissed of the first game but I just remember edward playing some nasty thresh and VEga got ahead but it looks like they lost their lead somehow.

They didn't take a big enough risk in trying to get mid inhibitor down, and then took a very ill-advised fight at Elder Drake that 100% cost them the game. Their comp was really focused around Varus whacking off half of the backline's healthbar with one Q, but they allowed SSG to engage on them at Elder and Varus could only mildly tickle Maokai, thus completely zoning Vega away from their Rek'Sai as he got turned to sawdust.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Man I wanted to see Fofo play leblanc that guy is a beast on it, IMT banning 3 mids they could have let syndra, leblanc or ryze go and hope to get one of them.. Last pick support by IMT is curious. Pobelter on Viktor would have been better I don't really remember him being a good Orianna a player but everyone knows how to Ori.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
H2K must be doing some pretty hosed up poo poo behind the scenes for all the Video Game Attorneys in the scene to trash talk them publicly.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

IMT looked pretty good vs Jteam. Jteam were all winning lane early game except top in terms of cs but they played too aggressive bot despite having no sums on Zyra/Ashe. Good gank bot by Dardoch and Olleh with some good ults on Fofo. Pobelter/Cody sun were both fed and lots of cs advantage so no way of coming back for Jteam. If they just played a bit less aggressive early on they could have maybe transition their early pressure. IMT looked good for a new team.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Ulio posted:

IMT looked pretty good vs Jteam. Jteam were all winning lane early game except top in terms of cs but they played too aggressive bot despite having no sums on Zyra/Ashe. Good gank bot by Dardoch and Olleh with some good ults on Fofo. Pobelter/Cody sun were both fed and lots of cs advantage so no way of coming back for Jteam. If they just played a bit less aggressive early on they could have maybe transition their early pressure. IMT looked good for a new team.

was really impressed with how pob was able to turn a bad early laning phase around and got super fed. only real misplay was that bot dive by dardoch. i don't think anyone can draw immediate conclusions from one game against j-team w/ subs, but it was a nice way to start season 7.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

First game of Samsung vs IMT. Samsung looked a lot better this game with Ambition on Lee Sin putting some pressure early. I feel like the Taliyah pick completely surprised IMT. Taliyah/Maokai gangbang bot every 5mins. Felt bad for Cody Sun and Olleh because they played those dives pretty well. Flame had to tp top because he was ganked twice in a row. Felt like Ambition did a lot more for his laners and Dardoch didn't do much other than the first blood which costed Olleh/Dardoch bot their flashes.

Also Orianna is awful into Taliyah. Taliyah basically built abysal ignored Orianna's harass insta push, ghost towards bot then ult. They didn't even get mid turret. Either Pobelter didn't push fast enough or just played too safe cause Crown just kept roaming and was almost even in CS. Orianna is good safe pick but seriously if your a pro player you should never first pick Orianna. How can you not play Cassio she is basically better version of her. Cassio would have eaten Taliyah alive pre 6 and post 6. Really surprised to see neither play Cassio. Also all these mid bans are really annoying. I think IMT should have first pick Viktor instead of banning it on blue side. Like if ur gonna pick Orianna which Crown doesn't even play that much. Might aswell pick Vitkor first. He is still broken in this patch due rylais not yet being nerfed.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Feel like I'm being trolled with these bot lane Varus picks

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

I'm glad toplane has returned to being a giant pile of dull poo poo. Hopefully the CotC nerf brings back a more interesting meta.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
The IMT bot lane seems like a pretty big dumpster fire so far.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Smol posted:

The IMT bot lane seems like a pretty big dumpster fire so far.

I'm gonna miss the inevitable time when support Miss Fortune disappears completely from the meta. It's been a pretty wild ride.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Mortal reminder rush MF support is still the stupidest thing, like ultimate bravery-level itemization

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Firebert posted:

Varus adc is actually really fking good in 6.24 lots of pros/high elo players have been spamming it. The Attkspeed increase on his passive is insane now u almost always have it now. But this is 6.23 so I don't understand why anyone would go Varus adc. It's actually good into Ashe because u can reaction r her r in lane and your q is longer range than her w poke. Varus mid is still good in competitive because u get actually peel.

I am really questioning the triple mid bans. Why would u ban ryze/syndra/leblanc. In my opinion let it through and play the skill matchup and ban Taliyah since u obviously have trouble playing around it. Leblanc is legit busted in this patch but Ryze can 1v1 her if u get back with catalyst. Also Syndra vs Lb is skill matchup. I refuse to believe that Pobelter can't play any of those champions.

Also why would u pick Varus/Jhin when you already see they have Taliyah and u got dove the previous game. If they just picked Ez the 2nd game it would have been so good vs Taliyah. Her ult would be meaningless bot. Even Cait could get out of it with e flash.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Ulio posted:

First game of Samsung vs IMT. Samsung looked a lot better this game with Ambition on Lee Sin putting some pressure early. I feel like the Taliyah pick completely surprised IMT. Taliyah/Maokai gangbang bot every 5mins. Felt bad for Cody Sun and Olleh because they played those dives pretty well. Flame had to tp top because he was ganked twice in a row. Felt like Ambition did a lot more for his laners and Dardoch didn't do much other than the first blood which costed Olleh/Dardoch bot their flashes.

Also Orianna is awful into Taliyah. Taliyah basically built abysal ignored Orianna's harass insta push, ghost towards bot then ult. They didn't even get mid turret. Either Pobelter didn't push fast enough or just played too safe cause Crown just kept roaming and was almost even in CS. Orianna is good safe pick but seriously if your a pro player you should never first pick Orianna. How can you not play Cassio she is basically better version of her. Cassio would have eaten Taliyah alive pre 6 and post 6. Really surprised to see neither play Cassio. Also all these mid bans are really annoying. I think IMT should have first pick Viktor instead of banning it on blue side. Like if ur gonna pick Orianna which Crown doesn't even play that much. Might aswell pick Vitkor first. He is still broken in this patch due rylais not yet being nerfed.

Ori is nothing like Cass, one's sustained DPS, the other is burst. Ori has utility, Cass doesn't. One has a gamechanging ulti and the other has a finicky piece of poo poo. Seriously nothing alike besides 'both build AP'.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Cassiopeia is still a better pick than Orianna imo. Especially because her laning phase is alot stronger and late game damage is alot higher. I didn't say they are like I meant Cassio is just a better pick imo. Orianna is only great if u want to blind pick mid and waveclear. The thing is you don't want to do that vs Taliyah. Either u want kill pressure/turret pressure or Roam with her. I just didn't like how Pobelter played the lane. He was pretty good during the 2nd game though. He barely got any damage on the turret despite Taliyah ulting bot multiple times.

They last picked Reksai 2nd game like wut might aswell last pick mid and make Crown question the Taliyah pick. If Pobelter would go for a hard counter maybe Zed or Fizz or go TF outpush Taliyah and roam before her. I was thinking they were gonna last pick Rengar because he is broken in this patch and that Dardoch plays Rengar even in LCS a few times. He was also one trick Rengar for long time.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I don't think TF out pushes Taliyah lol. Viktor, Syndra, maybe even Orianna, but not TF

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Flame, known for being a Kennen main in solo queue, never playing Kennen while he's in meta.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
incredible assassin meta we're in. WOW look at these great picks

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
In typical Riot pre-season fashion they totally miss the mark on whatever the gently caress they were doing and make tanks really strong again.

Dardoch looked awful, so did all of IMT for that matter. Their bot lane + Dardoch was dying a whole lot for no reason though.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I've only watched the last 10 mins and this looks like the worst game since c9/fw

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

stump collector posted:

m5 are gods of losing to koreans

Err? m5 is the only non-Korean team to ever hold their own against the top korean teams for more than a single fluke series. I literally couldn't think of a worse example

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's the only poo poo post I could think of when I saw gosu preppers big man titties flying around after his team lost their first game

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Smdh if you don't remember Diamondprox goddamn butchering whichever one of Frost/Blaze first blooded him on his Evelynn at the IEM Gambit won

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i've taken the liberty of vacating every tournament that faker hasn't played in including the one where pawn picked morgana mid in game 5, which was truly shameful

i'm only kidding, m5 were the poo poo and if edward didn't go to curse i think they would've had a real chance at getting 3-0ed in the finals

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

In typical Riot pre-season fashion they totally miss the mark on whatever the gently caress they were doing and make tanks really strong again.

Dardoch looked awful, so did all of IMT for that matter. Their bot lane + Dardoch was dying a whole lot for no reason though.

Vs Jteam in their 2nd series it became a throw fest. Their botlane imo can't do much the problem lies in the draft why is their coach picking Ashe/Jhin/Varus when their botlane kept getting camped every game. Might as well pick Ez or Cait.

Flame played pretty well in all the series.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

IMT honestly looked bad. No team synergy, it looked like they've only been together for a week or two.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

IMT honestly looked bad. No team synergy, it looked like they've only been together for a week or two.

they've been together for about three days

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

archduke.iago posted:

they've been together for about three days

they only announced the roster recently but i think they've been scrimming in korea with all the other teams that went over for a few weeks. their bot has been duoing for the last couple weeks in korea too afaik

i mean it's not a super long time but there has been a lot going on in kr the last month-ish

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Any IEM games worth watching so far ?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
they beat the hell out of j team 8)

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
gonna go out on a limb and say that was a joke.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
"joke team"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yo this psg announcement vid is sick

https://twitter.com/psgesports/status/809095728689795072

• Locked thread