Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bobkatt013 posted:

You forgot Lionel!

Lionel may have had a great actor but his character never made any sense at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Heh, just remembered they subsequently cast John Glover in Heroes as Zachary Quinto's evil dad and remembered what an omnishambles that show was/became. :D

Isn't there a story about Bryan Fuller leaving Heroes to do Pushing Daisies, coming back after that series was inevitably cancelled (because it was a Bryan Fuller show), and leaving again almost straight away saying (more diplomatically), "They've hosed it up and I can't fix it"?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I mean it makes sense for the initial season 1 pitch of "Superman while he was still figuring things out and not a full fledged superhero yet" to not have the tights or flying yet, but it got really, really stupid when the show was 7 seasons in and he was graduated from high school, living on his own in Metropolis and fighting world threatening forces and teaming up with other DC heroes and yet still refused to be Superman.

It was absurd how far they went without making him Superman.

They created the Justice League, had Brainiac, Doomsday and Darkseid, and he was still The Blur.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Are there any good shows about comics on Youtube? Specifically I like stuff talking about things that almost happened, or interesting stuff about underrated series or characters. Hit me.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Are there any good shows about comics on Youtube? Specifically I like stuff talking about things that almost happened, or interesting stuff about underrated series or characters. Hit me.

You might dig Comic Misconceptions on NerdSync.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA1BTHWARHY

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I am trying to think about at least 2 comics starring famous fans of alcoholic beverages (not necessarily alcoholics) and so far all I got is Wolverine. Which other characters like a drink and what kind of drink do they like?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Madkal posted:

I am trying to think about at least 2 comics starring famous fans of alcoholic beverages (not necessarily alcoholics) and so far all I got is Wolverine. Which other characters like a drink and what kind of drink do they like?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

I tend to picture Howard the Duck with a drink-in-hand.

Jessica Jones!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 13, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Carol danvers

Isn't Constantine a drinker?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Madkal posted:

Are we limiting ourselves to Marvel and DC?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

Are we limiting ourselves to Marvel and DC?

As long as they can be portrayed as heroes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Beast seems like he'd be a wine snob, but I don't think he could be called a hero.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Madkal posted:

Armstrong.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Everyone in Hitman, durr.

e: Thor, of course.
Kyle and Guy ran a bar on OA about ten years ago.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 13, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Madkal posted:

Got it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I feel like every Ellis character drinks whisky neat.

And get really pissy if you put an E in whisky.

(Not the drug E, either. They would appreciate that, I think.)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
A bunch of inhumans run a bar so i bet they all drink

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

site posted:

A bunch of inhumans run a bar so i bet they all drink

Red Lanterns too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Isn't Constantine a drinker?

I believe historically John spends more time drunk than not.

A goal we should all aspire to.

SMALLVILLE CHAT: why the hell isn't this turd of a show on Netflix?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

Sunspot appears to be a champagne and/or sparkling wine man according to Al Ewing. Probably only Californian wine now his team are on Uncle Sam's dime.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I imagine doom is an absurd wine snob

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

site posted:

I imagine doom is an absurd wine snob

He absolutely has his own vineyard.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
New question. Which hero (or villain) is most likely to drink craft beer?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Forge.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
Thor, mead

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RandallODim posted:

He absolutely has his own vineyard.

I would assume he invented some special Latverian liquor that is superior in all ways to wine, mead, ale and any other booze that RICHARDS! might partake of in his ignorance.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Aphrodite posted:

Beast seems like he'd be a wine snob, but I don't think he could be called a hero.

Beast is absolutely the guy who doesn't drink at all but will go into agonizing detail about different strains of marijuana.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chaos Hippy posted:

You might dig Comic Misconceptions on NerdSync.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA1BTHWARHY

This is good, thanks

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Rhyno posted:

SMALLVILLE CHAT: why the hell isn't this turd of a show on Netflix?

They just added it to hulu.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

David D. Davidson posted:

They just added it to hulu.

That's weird, it's a CW(WB) show, you'd think even their old poo poo would be part of the Netflix deal.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I found the one dude who thinks Epilogue improves Batman Beyond instead of ruining it. What a world.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, despite how awful this year was in general, at least comics were really good this year. Pretty good year for me to get back into comics at least.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

I found the one dude who thinks Epilogue improves Batman Beyond instead of ruining it. What a world.

Epilogue, along with the tie in comics that confirms Bruce and Barbara hosed, come drat close to ruining the entire animated universe

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Madkal posted:

This is almost too obvious, but no one mentioned it yet - Disney's Marvel's Hercules absolutely closes down bars. Ben Grimm and Sandman (during his too-infrequent face turns) have hoisted a few.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lurdiak posted:

The JLU episode? It totally does, fight me son.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Technically he means you're another man's son, just with his DNA.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

purple death ray posted:

Epilogue, along with the tie in comics that confirms Bruce and Barbara hosed, come drat close to ruining the entire animated universe

They confirmed it in an earlier episode, when Bruce was looking at pics of exes and Barbra was one.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

bobkatt013 posted:

They confirmed it in an earlier episode, when Bruce was looking at pics of exes and Barbra was one.
And in Return of the Joker, Barbara is very clear on the nature of her relationship with Bruce.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Right the comic actually confirmed that Bruce knocked her up and tried to act like it was Dick's kid.

Jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

purple death ray posted:

Right the comic actually confirmed that Bruce knocked her up and tried to act like it was Dick's kid.

Jesus christ.

Is there more to it in that issue? I've only seen the one page where he thinks it's Dick's but Barbara corrects him.

• Locked thread