Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ArfJason posted:

i think its pretty badass how calling out people for being obsessive internet stalkers resulted in someone digging out real life pictures of me.

So you're the second image result for a google search of "Beanie Baby Collector"?

hosed up if true...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Looks like I'm getting it all back.

It's a trap! Don't fall for it! They want you to buy back in!! :grin:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ArfJason posted:

i think its pretty badass how calling out people for being obsessive internet stalkers resulted in someone digging out real life pictures of me.

How much you in for (in beanie babies), commando?

e: i bought the precious pony package

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Beet Wagon posted:

So you're the second image result for a google search of "Beanie Baby Collector"?

hosed up if true...
Everyone knows you go at least 5 pages in. Its a noob mistake.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Just a little reminder that if you ever point out the obsessive internet stalker subforum is being insane hosed up weirdos, they will doxx you, find pictures of you online, and then pretend all's good.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Samizdata posted:

And I hate to toot my own horn, but I can't leave this stuff unarchived.

S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-SELF-OWNED! FATALITY!

Dat Burn.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ArfJason posted:

Just a little reminder that if you ever point out the obsessive internet stalker subforum is being insane hosed up weirdos, they will doxx you, find pictures of you online, and then pretend all's good.

Nobody doxxed you, unless the "private site" you claim they got your picture from is the loving Toronto Star.

Get a new shtick please.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Let this be a lesson to everyone else: Doxxing is really hosed up, as is sending death threats, and these people can't help themselves, even with someone telling them its really messed up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ArfJason posted:

Let this be a lesson to everyone else: Doxxing is really hosed up, as is sending death threats, and these people can't help themselves, even with someone telling them its really messed up.

Wow you're really running this into the ground eh, good for you it's neat when people have hobbies

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ArfJason posted:

And yet you're still here, maybe...I dunno....stop using this terrible mean nasty forum where you're constantly being doxxed?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Someone tell FAU the mods are abusing their powers again

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
I hope the Xmas stream is croberts trying to play star marine whilst santa lando rolls back and forth. Also, why the gently caress does santa autocorrect to santander?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

a cyberpunk goose posted:

So i still haven't seen a single "MMO" system in SC come online -- something every MMO ever has before literally anything else. You build it as early as possible because networking is really really hard, especially MMO-scale networking. You build *on top* of the constraints your networking infrastructure will impose, you can't work backwards to figure this out later, you just cannot on a project of this scale

I have my money that the MVP will be an arcade style arena shooter. Basically what it is now, maybe another system that's just another map with stuff in it, no orbits or big moving stuff. Limited trade, <USE> mining/salvage mechanics from hotspots you go to and hit your timer on to collect 10 metals from. Quest giver NPCs too with a handful of quests.

And of course, the promise that this is only the start, and development will really continue for years. But it won't. :(

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

it's neat when people have hobbies

Like obsessively posting about a videogame you don't like and stalking and doxxing the people involved in making the game.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I doubt Chris Roberts will ever try to play his game on a livestream again to be honest. I'll never forget the look in his eyes when he did it last time. It was like he was legit seeing the loving mess that is Star Citizen for the very first time.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Glad to hear! Gratz!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

while this point might work against me in the context of CiG, i have to say it: big businesses that are shipping profitable products (bethesda games) are rarely going to take the time to fix-up fundamental issues in their engines unless they really really _really_ have to, by the time you barely ship & patch & maintain the game you're working on right this second, plans and concept work are already happening for the next project, the game programmers don't all go into a big room and start putting stickies on the wall for things they wanna clean up tech-debt wise and get "ready" for the next project. the next project is already on the rails and the minute they are done with their current project they are yanked off and are prototyping elements of what's to come.

the time to get certain kinds of axiomatic engine-bound things right is usually the first time, anything else will be written off as a waste of money and time by the money wizards above you. a healthy company tries to balance tech debt against product deadlines, but rarely can core engine things just "be fixed". like, oh you want to change how the sorting works for this kind of scene? well that's impossible because the way the realtime lighting is set up for this scene means you'd have to use an entirely different scheme for how such and such is calculated and now you also have to update all the gizmos and level editing tools that work with said lights. or we could say "hey our engine isn't meant for this kind of scene that requires this kind of sorting, let's just hide the issues with it by doing $HACK and get this thing shipped"

this doesn't help paint CiG in a good light though because it's not their engine and CryTek is falling apart and CryEngine is already a crufty mess of very specific hacks to make Crysis-like games work. NOT big mega space mmos with no specific scope.
is this why the ctd errors i was getting in call of duty infinite warfare have been around for like 10 drat years of cod games?

i say *was* because i got a refund.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tippis posted:

Kind of makes you think. With 500,000 or so backers, will SC be big enough to show up in the 2017/18 divorce and suicide statistics in any significant way?

Depends. They've said that definitely can't get them for later purchases, implying that you can for earlier ones, but in practice, they can't really decide that unilaterally without various laws and banking policies overriding it all, especially since they haven't actually delivered their product yet.

That's the funny thing. Bethesda has actually spent a decade and a half on trying to make that kind of thing work, and even when it does what it should, the behaviour this creates is a standing point of ribbing and derision in every game they release.

And yet, somehow, Chris and his band of merry graphical artists — none of which have any experience in doing anything remotely related — are supposed to invent something vastly better in a fraction of the time? How do the faithful ever make that leap of logic work?

Because one time Chris "The Maestro" Roberts may have been involved with a game that separated levels with fmv sequences!

If you don't understand how distinct levels split up by fmv sequences directly filters into a dynamic galaxy with MMO functionality with twitch gameplay and vehicular behavior the likes of which the world has never seen, well I don't know what to tell you. Guess you just don't get video game development. :smuggo:

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?
Well yesterday was a mixed bag. Got my refund deposited into my PayPal account and got a possible diagnosis of glaucoma. Have to go back for more tests, but I've had high eye pressure for years, but something they didn't like with the way the optic nerve looks or something. I'll find out more in a couple weeks when I go back in for more tests. Makes going ahead and getting a VR headset a bit higher on my priority list. Even if expensive and first gen and I know there will be better later. Better enjoy it now because there may come a day where I can't. Same with flying. Better enjoy the DA-40 while I can...

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I have my money that the MVP will be an arcade style arena shooter. Basically what it is now, maybe another system that's just another map with stuff in it, no orbits or big moving stuff. Limited trade, <USE> mining/salvage mechanics from hotspots you go to and hit your timer on to collect 10 metals from. Quest giver NPCs too with a handful of quests.

And of course, the promise that this is only the start, and development will really continue for years. But it won't. :(

see: Destiny

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Well yesterday was a mixed bag. Got my refund deposited into my PayPal account and got a possible diagnosis of glaucoma. Have to go back for more tests, but I've had high eye pressure for years, but something they didn't like with the way the optic nerve looks or something. I'll find out more in a couple weeks when I go back in for more tests. Makes going ahead and getting a VR headset a bit higher on my priority list. Even if expensive and first gen and I know there will be better later. Better enjoy it now because there may come a day where I can't. Same with flying. Better enjoy the DA-40 while I can...

What you NEED to get is a good supply of weed for that poo poo. I hope it all works out for you though.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

That to me is a greater death knell than any of the 100s of reasons this project is spectacularly doomed
same

if they were serious about traveling to multiple systems, professions, or playing with more than 6 people at once or whatever, they would've done it already. it would be barebones and look ugly as hell, but it would be playable.

and if they're actually serious about all that, then it's not in because they can't figure it out after 4 years.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

tao of lmao posted:

Like obsessively posting about a videogame you don't like and stalking and doxxing the people involved in making the game.

That would be an example of a hobby yes

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well I for one still have faith in the game and enjoy it a lot

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I have a set of Klobbs and I ain't afraid to use them

Well played, sir. And clearly incapable of being a threat.

:golfclap:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

Holy poo poo. I understand that reference. God drat that takes me back.

:same:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Congrats on the refund. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ZenMaster posted:

come on man, the Stand is not THAT long a- :stare:

Yeah makes me feel... young and vivacious too!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
captain trips is a bitch

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

ArfJason posted:

I like this troll but it would be more believable if you actually left the thread.

Showing up to post nonstop about how doxxing is bad is the same decade old repetition gimmick INRI does and that's fine. Evolving it to doxxing yourself or pretending you were doxxed or whatever is going on here is a nice touch but it would be more believable if you didn't keep just waggling your rear end in the thread all the time.

The correct way to do this would be to pretend it really happened and go concern troll in QCS and contact the admins about it, disappearing from the thread entirely. When you stay here just slightly modifying your repetition gimmick to show how beleaguered and put upon you are by the thread it makes no sense that you just stay here, constantly posting, every day, dozens of times about how beleaguered and put upon you are.

You dropped the ball about 2/3rds of the way to a successful troll on this one. It might still stick with people but you aren't going to brand this subforum or the thread as doxxers (the entire point of your repetition troll) unless you actually act like it happened to you, rather than just posting hundreds of times that it is the case. Insert some plausibility.

I can help most of you guys with your trolls if anyone wants to PM me. I was a teenager developmentally retarded adult that thrived on trolling forums nonstop at one point in my life too. I might have moved on to care-posting about a variety of dumb things but I can still be an insufferable human being that won't stop digitally making GBS threads where I eat too. I want to bridge the gap here.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheAgent posted:

I have a set of Klobbs and I ain't afraid to use them

Hey I got this reference!

...I'm old.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

I've had high eye pressure for years, and highly variable high blood pressure (sometimes super high blood pressure, like ER level). Then on other occasions totally normal or even low blood pressure.

Eye pressure tends to follow blood pressure, make sure you're blood pressure is normal and controlled. If so, then treat the eye pressure directly. If you're blood pressure tends to run high, then target that first and see if the eye pressure is corrected.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
But drat those klobbs sucked

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Good work on the FYAD guy, Beet Wagon.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

klobbers

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Someone tell FAU the mods are abusing their powers again

The avvie is really quite amusing, but I STILL have not the slightest ability to read the text.

What the nine hells does it actually say?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ArfJason posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I don't really want to talk to you because honestly I think you'd be more willing to do something shady than 99% of the posters in this thread, but do you realize you are a bit weird? I hope that whatever it is you are trying to do for the other strange internet people you are trying to impress it is working out for you.

At least the tane guy eventually had a funny joke, and it became something of a silly catchphrase. You unfortunately don't have that level of talent, friend. But good luck to you none the less! :)

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I like this troll but it would be more believable if you actually left the thread.

Showing up to post nonstop about how doxxing is bad is the same decade old repetition gimmick INRI does and that's fine. Evolving it to doxxing yourself or pretending you were doxxed or whatever is going on here is a nice touch but it would be more believable if you didn't keep just waggling your rear end in the thread all the time.

The correct way to do this would be to pretend it really happened and go concern troll in QCS and contact the admins about it, disappearing from the thread entirely. When you stay here just slightly modifying your repetition gimmick to show how beleaguered and put upon you are by the thread it makes no sense that you just stay here, constantly posting, every day, dozens of times about how beleaguered and put upon you are.

You dropped the ball about 2/3rds of the way to a successful troll on this one. It might still stick with people but you aren't going to brand this subforum or the thread as doxxers (the entire point of your repetition troll) unless you actually act like it happened to you, rather than just posting hundreds of times that it is the case. Insert some plausibility.

I can help most of you guys with your trolls if anyone wants to PM me. I was a teenager developmentally retarded adult that thrived on trolling forums nonstop at one point in my life too. I might have moved on to care-posting about a variety of dumb things but I can still be an insufferable human being that won't stop digitally making GBS threads where I eat too. I want to bridge the gap here.

FYAD really needs to relearn how to troll outside the forums. They lost all their trolls to Twitter and Reddit, and now they're a sad shell of what they used to be.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

they were my favorite Goldeneye gun :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

This is sad news, friend. I hope you will be alright in the long run or whatever it is ends up treatable. Good luck!