Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I see Kelvin Benjamin and AJ Green have been rage dropped should I think about getting them? I have OBJ, Adams, Fitz, Baldwin, Britt, and Inman.

Leaning towards no because Benjamin is on my hate list and I'm not sure if AJ will play.

RBX fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

RBX posted:

I see Kelvin Benjamin and AJ Green have been rage dropped should I think about getting them? I have OBJ, Adams, Fitz, Baldwin, Britt, and Inman.

Leaning towards no because Benjamin is on my hate list and I'm not sure if AJ will play.

Benjamin for this week maybe because of Washingtons dumpster fire secondary (except Norman who may or may not cover him), whereas I cannot see a good reason for the Bengals to even play AJ again this year.

Edit: oops I guess I was wrong and they're saying Green might practice today so..if he's out there still he's probably worth the add over Kenny Britt.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 14, 2016

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I made it to the finals in my dynasty league! Where my Shady, Rawls, Desean, Landry & Rishard Matthews get to face Leveon, Zeke, OBJ, Watkins and Evans... Yay.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I made it to the finals in my dynasty league! Where my Shady, Rawls, Desean, Landry & Rishard Matthews get to face Leveon, Zeke, OBJ, Watkins and Evans... Yay.

you gon lose

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This happened three weeks ago but I didn't notice it until Sunday, but the #1 seed traded Andy Dalton and Tedd Ginn Jr for Devonta Freeman and Hurns. Hurns is worthless but this was also before Ginn balled out against Oakland and Seattle so in exchange for Freeman (like the RB6 in our league) this guy got QB17 and WR32 or something. He needed the QB (was starting Palmer) but...

How bullshit is this trade?

I don't think this was collusion but at some point should the commish (which is not me) step in and prevent sharks from taking advantage of lovely players that probably aren't making the playoffs?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

scrubs season six posted:

I don't think this was collusion but at some point should the commish (which is not me) step in and prevent sharks from taking advantage of lovely players that probably aren't making the playoffs?

No

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This happened three weeks ago but I didn't notice it until Sunday, but the #1 seed traded Andy Dalton and Tedd Ginn Jr for Devonta Freeman and Hurns. Hurns is worthless but this was also before Ginn balled out against Oakland and Seattle so in exchange for Freeman (like the RB6 in our league) this guy got QB17 and WR32 or something. He needed the QB (was starting Palmer) but...

How bullshit is this trade?

Actually it's a bit worse than I thought, the guy has Palmer but I didn't realize he also has Flacco. Traded away Freeman when his other RBs are Ryan Mathews and Terrance West.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's just a bad trade. Don't be a baby.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
How do we feel about JJ Nelson in the Superdome this week if Michael Floyd gets suspended for being a dumbass? Seems like some serious blowup potential.

Alternatively, Carson Palmer is poo poo and Nelson fooled a lot of people earlier in the year when he was the supposed #2.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Gobias Ind. posted:

How do we feel about JJ Nelson in the Superdome this week if Michael Floyd gets suspended for being a dumbass? Seems like some serious blowup potential.

Alternatively, Carson Palmer is poo poo and Nelson fooled a lot of people earlier in the year when he was the supposed #2.

Can't argue with the matchup. I am doing it in one league, but it is a pure desperation play.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The ghost of KVO still hovers around Carson's knees, taunting him, prompting him to stutter, clutch, and sail pass after pass. The anomaly of 2015 Carson Palmer is dead and buried. Move on.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I just deleted Sleeperbot. Feels kinda good?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I should probably drop AP to start Texas over NE, shouldn't I? Otherwise it's NE vs Denver.

Given the injuries to Gordon and Forte I almost feel like AP would be a good desperation play if my other RBs (Johnson and Powell) get hurt.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

LmaoTheKid posted:

I just deleted Sleeperbot. Feels kinda good?

I deleted Sleeperbot when I had to move to an interim phone and I didn't miss it. Too much info, and too much of it was vague or unrelated to my teams.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
[BUZZ] Julio Jones seen sneezing at practice, may miss game Sunday

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Although actually, Sleeperbot was where I heard the Cooter quote about Tate getting more involved...

(...that I posted in here so we could all laugh at it.)

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Sleeperbot had way too much info but it definitely helped me swoop some FA's before everyone else this year.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I never used it. FBG does a pretty drat good job of keeping you in the loop alone.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

RCarr posted:

It's just a bad trade. Don't be a baby.

I was asking opinions, don't be a bitch.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was asking opinions, don't be a bitch.

Sorry my opinion isn't what you wanted to hear. Have a nice day crybaby!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

RCarr posted:

Sorry my opinion isn't what you wanted to hear. Have a nice day crybaby!

But I did want to hear your opinion.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember one week when Sleeperbot's top sleeper target of the week was ... Antonio Brown

Wow hot tip guys

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Benne posted:

I remember one week when Sleeperbot's top sleeper target of the week was ... Antonio Brown

Wow hot tip guys

Hmm, I'm going to need to know which week to help decide whether I should trust their judgment or not 🤔

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Benne posted:

Wow hot tip guys

If you can get over the use of the term sleeper, those weekly reports actually have some pretty useful info. In particular I like the missed air yards stat for WRs. Going back to AB84 as top sleeper pick though, are you sure you weren't looking at target leaders or something? The sleeper report lists sleeper criteria as "Players who ranked below the top 120 and vastly outperformed projections" so I can't see AB84 ever actually fitting there unless it was a mistake.

Anyway, I like seeing the alerts from sleeperbot but I pretty much never open the app itself. The community is super annoying and every new alert post gets drowned in 1500 people simultaneously commenting with "lulz" or "noooooo" before it devolves into completely unrelated sit or start questions. That being said, sleeperbot has opened my eyes to how delayed FBG's email alerts are and I am pretty over FBG's content this year as it is. I'll probably pass on paying for FBG next year and just rely on Rotoworld and maybe a 4for4 sub.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 14, 2016

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
It was helpful. But I deleted it because my fantasy season is over and nothing matters.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If you're still in playoffs, talk about it so I can add you to my list.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I'm still in the playoffs in three of my leagues, and projected to get blown the gently caress out in every one of them.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Speaking of Sleeperbot, it just gave me an actually relevant info: Matt Forte's MRI shows a torn meniscus in his knee.

RI P Forte long live the age of Powell.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I made the playoffs in all 3 leagues I'm in! :)

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

I'm still in the playoffs in three of my leagues, and projected to get blown the gently caress out in every one of them.

I'm down by 5 in a two week game. I'm hoping to win, since it would make the final between myself (#8 seed) and the #7 seed (he's up by 70 or so). Neither of us had a winning record in the regular season. :mmmhmm:

Playing my first game in another league after a first round bye.

Was eliminated last week in my 3rd league.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mikey Purp posted:

If you can get over the use of the term sleeper, those weekly reports actually have some pretty useful info. In particular I like the missed air yards stat for WRs. Going back to AB84 as top sleeper pick though, are you sure you weren't looking at target leaders or something?

It was target leaders, because that's the first part of their e-mail

IcePhoenix posted:

I got an e-mail from yahoo to advertise sleeper bot and the guy at the top of their sleeper report is Antonio Brown.

Uh...thanks for that hot tip guys. :geno:

But I feel that if you're advertising a service called SLEEPER bot then leading off the whole thing with Antonio Brown is not the best strategy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Guys I don't think Michael Floyd is gonna break out

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Guys I don't think Michael Floyd is gonna break out

Maybe he will break out of jail.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Michael Floyd dropped.

Thinking about kicking out either Sterling Shepard, Corey Coleman, or Cameron Merideth for JJ Nelson, which one is more droppable?

Vargo fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 14, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

I'm in 'em. And I'm getting very bad option paralysis for my WR and flex spots. Just like all season.

Also I am v worried about Reed.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Still in the playoffs, probably gonna hit the finals.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

In playoffs in 4 leagues and barring more poo poo weeks I can't lose.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

To give you guys context, so far the people who missed them entirely are Leperflesh, coronaball, quiet feet, and ColdBlooded. Not sure who got stopped in playoffs futher yet aside from 89, Epi Lepi, tadashi, LMAOthekid though I'm sure more of my listed posters got knocked out, too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, I missed 4 playoffs. In my dynasty money league, I was top seed into the consolation tournament, though, so I had a bye last week and now play the lowest-seeded survivor from the other three consolation games. If I win this week, I'll be playing for the consolation championship and a token payout!

So... I'm still trying to win games in one league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Mikey Purp posted:

Zeke's coming for you, friend.

But really, being projected to blow out my opponent has typically been the kiss of death for my team so you've got a good chance. Just happy to make it to the playoffs this time around.

• Locked thread