Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

hangedman1984 posted:

Is there anyway to beat/smack your Pokemon instead of petting them? Was doing the celesteela mission and my rear end in a top hat Markham kept landing a loving critical and knocking it out. He did it FOUR TIMES IN A GODDAMN ROW. Then the little poo poo head would prance around asking for praise.

please don't beat your pets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

There actually is I think, did that on accident once just trying to pet something. :sad:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I've been breeding Cubones and Toxapexes now, and I managed to get a 5IV Adamant Cubone w/ Lightning Rod which is great.

Now I'm trying to get a Bold Regenerator Toxapex with Haze.

I'm not sure what else I want to use. There's too many Pokemon.

I could always go back to my tried and true method of "just pick whichever ones look the coolest and hopefully they compliment each other okay."

Team building is hard.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

please don't beat your pets

I do what I want after the forced dogfights that are Pokemon battles

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

hangedman1984 posted:

Is there anyway to beat/smack your Pokemon instead of petting them? Was doing the celesteela mission and my rear end in a top hat Marowak kept landing a loving critical and knocking it out. He did it FOUR TIMES IN A GODDAMN ROW. Then the little poo poo head would prance around asking for praise.

Release it.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

hangedman1984 posted:

Is there anyway to beat/smack your Pokemon instead of petting them? Was doing the celesteela mission and my rear end in a top hat Marowak kept landing a loving critical and knocking it out. He did it FOUR TIMES IN A GODDAMN ROW. Then the little poo poo head would prance around asking for praise.

Swords Dance and False Swipe, friend

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I have an Ability Capsule if you have something to trade for it :v:
If this offer's still good, let me know if there's anything off the Goon Beat Ball/Apricorn Ball spreadsheet you might be interested in.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it's a loving rocket ship

edit: make the next pokemon take place in the ub world

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Make a portal open up and like, regular rear end Animals come flying out.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

greatn posted:

Make a portal open up and like, regular rear end Animals come flying out.

Lion used Mauling, it's super effective!

YOU ARE DEAD

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i would be friends with the lion

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
If anybody has a 5* Team Red or an any* Kalos Tent, hit me up in the discord so I can snag them, thanks!

e: got a kalos tent, thanks supreme zero.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 14, 2016

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Man I bet the new VGC format is full of fun and interesting pokem-
*Celesteela and Gastrodon vs Celesteela and Gastrodon*

Oh
We've reverted to Timer Stalls.

Great.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Classtoise posted:

lol if you didn't see this coming a week before the games came out when we had stats. VGC played out exactly like we all predicted as soon as we saw what the Tapu and UB were under the hood.

It's real bad.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I recently booted up my old copy of Soul Silver, and apparently I was stuck right before the Champion battle with a level 36-38 team of Persian, Rhyhorn, Noctowl, Ninetales, Dewgong and Meganium. I tried beating my head against the walls a couple times, and finally managed to take him down. What's the worst team you've ever taken through the E4?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I recently booted up my old copy of Soul Silver, and apparently I was stuck right before the Champion battle with a level 36-38 team of Persian, Rhyhorn, Noctowl, Ninetales, Dewgong and Meganium. I tried beating my head against the walls a couple times, and finally managed to take him down. What's the worst team you've ever taken through the E4?

I'm sure it would have been the first time I brought to the Elite Four, back in Red. Lesee, I THINK it was Venusaur, Fearow, Raichu, Alakazam, Gyarados, Golem. They were all underlevelled and doubtless had crap movesets.

Probably the second "worst" team I've brought through the Elite Four was... well, this one right here:

Not in the sense that they were bad, but in that I went "Pfft, type balance is for squares!" Plus they were underlevelled due to me having a rotating squad of 15 guys or so. The Alolan Pokemon League was the hardest one I've faced since the original.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Probably when playing Red, an charizard an basically nothing else because like every other kid I only used my starter for the whole game and goddamn Lance gently caress you and your dragons. My early gen 2 playthroughs probably weren't much better, as much as I love Gen2, it has a bad level curve and victory road sucked for level grinding.

What do people think are the odds of Diamond and Pearl remakes? Do they really have the nostalgia pull that gens 1-3 did to warrant remakes? Didn't X&Y have a hint or two towards the gen 3 remakes? Any hints in SuMo?

Speaking of which, apparently X&Y's "Strange Souvenir" was a nod to SuMo. Wonder how planned that was or if it was just something they could have twisted any way they wanted.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Pokemon games take around 3 years to make, so yeah, they purposefully put in future stuff to hint at things. However intentional it all may be is up to you though.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Redjakk posted:

Anyone want one of these? I didn't think ahead to what I'd do with quite so many Honedges.

Ryan
5429-8400-3867

What ball are they in? I'll take one when I get home from work. Sukimin | 3265-5893-6274

Emalde posted:

If anybody has a 5* Team Red or an any* Kalos Tent, hit me up in the discord so I can snag them, thanks!

e: got a kalos tent, thanks supreme zero.

Add me, I have 5* Team Red.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Searched for Castform on GTS on a whim, got one for a Rowlet. And it's in a Beast Ball. Thanks, random Korean person!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I think Gen 4 remakes are very likely, because there's barely any Gen 4 mons in Gen 7 that aren't evolutions of Gen 1/2 Pokemon. Much like how Gen 6 didn't have many 3rd gen mons in it.

Also out of 802 Pokemon, there's about 420 that you can't get in Sun & Moon.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Are there any unrevealed legendaries this gen like last gen?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

VanSandman posted:

Yes.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

VanSandman posted:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Classtoise posted:

Oh
We've reverted to Timer Stalls.

Great.

No, the your time system means that the timer only ticks down while you select your moves.

It's worse. VGC has actual stalling in it now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

The gently caress is going on with its mouth?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Hm... so it turns out you can only scout Guzma in the Battle Tree if you have Pokémon Moon (and possibly only battle him exclusively in Moon's Battle Tree too).

I chose wisely.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Neo_Crimson posted:

It... it opened it?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's based on the God of War (Mars), so it's always in a rage just like Kratos.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Yukari posted:

What ball are they in? I'll take one when I get home from work. Sukimin | 3265-5893-6274

4596-9581-4419 i'm off in 6 hours. ping me on discord for real though because trying to phone-tag in a forum thread is dumb :v:

look at this yokai watch poo poo. nobody gonna tell me gamefreak didn't break those games apart piecemeal to figure out how to better build gen7.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I didn't know Marshadow went on fire, that's cute. look at all he wigglers :3:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Supremezero posted:

It... it opened it?

It really doesn't look like it. It just looks like it's frowning and it's moth/nose area is turning pink.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Interestingly, there's only one unrevealed Pokemon right now, compared to like 3 last gen. Since the movies use unrevealed Mythicals for promotion, it means that if Marshadow is in next year's movie, then what are they gonna show off the year after that?

More than likely it'll be Necrozma, or they'll use Ultra Beasts and whatnot.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Crosspeice posted:

Interestingly, there's only one unrevealed Pokemon right now, compared to like 3 last gen. Since the movies use unrevealed Mythicals for promotion, it means that if Marshadow is in next year's movie, then what are they gonna show off the year after that?

More than likely it'll be Necrozma, or they'll use Ultra Beasts and whatnot.

To be fair, that's because we already got the other mythical. 2 isn't so pathetic compared to 3 as 1.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Neo_Crimson posted:

It really doesn't look like it. It just looks like it's frowning and it's moth/nose area is turning pink.

That's it's tongue?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Neo_Crimson posted:

I think you're misunderstanding where Marshadow's mouth is.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Neo_Crimson posted:

looks like anime to me, op

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah since Gen 4 they've had at least 3 mythical pokemon. In Gen 7 we just have Magearna and Marshadow, and one of whom has already been released.

Maybe we'll get more in a later patch or Pokemon Stars.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Yukari posted:

I'm also interested in your team red!

Athena | 5129-2001-9949

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Supremezero posted:

To be fair, that's because we already got the other mythical. 2 isn't so pathetic compared to 3 as 1.

Well Magearna was in a movie before the games came out. Maybe because they thought Volcanion couldn't support its own movie, though I'm still disappointed we didn't get the original Mewtwo to come back as Mega Mewtwo X.

Or maybe, because the movies are doing so bad money wise, maybe next year's will be the last one.