Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Parkingtigers posted:

I'm thinking I may forgo my usual dart farter plane and run a bomber, make some shellholes for the ground pounders.

And that there folks is why Goons are superior to all the pubbies. No pubbie is going to think to not just bomb the enemy but to improve the battlefield instead.

When I am in the arty truck I spent probably 50% of the first 5 minutes leveling buildings and hillsides that the enemy can hide in. Sure it destroys it for when you have control too but when you have a strong team like we do on PS4krew alot it doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I played Giant's Shadow three times in a row last night and won all three times, so I like it :v:

there was fog the majority of the time all three times as well which probably helped

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Trastion posted:

And that there folks is why Goons are superior to all the pubbies. No pubbie is going to think to not just bomb the enemy but to improve the battlefield instead.

When I am in the arty truck I spent probably 50% of the first 5 minutes leveling buildings and hillsides that the enemy can hide in. Sure it destroys it for when you have control too but when you have a strong team like we do on PS4krew alot it doesn't matter.

In a tank/arty truck I'm blowing up buildings 24/7 anyway because you never know, there might be someone on the other side of that wall. No downside to blasting errything and hoping for the best. When it works, it's so satisfying.

Always be 'spoding.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Parkingtigers posted:

In a tank/arty truck I'm blowing up buildings 24/7 anyway because you never know, there might be someone on the other side of that wall. No downside to blasting errything and hoping for the best. When it works, it's so satisfying.

Always be 'spoding.

On conquest I don't really practice scorched earth. I don't want to knock anything down that we could use. On Operations and Rush I destroy as much as I can. Hell, I even use the Attack Plane and bomb buildings when I don't have an obvious cluster of infantry to go after.

However, ALWAYS TAKE OUT THE WINDMILLS.

I feel like Don Quixote. I just loving have to knock those bastards down.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I like being the front gunner in the bomber because that gun melts buildings and lets the pilot drop bombs inside the building for maximum sniper death.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

V for Vegans posted:

I like being the front gunner in the bomber because that gun melts buildings and lets the pilot drop bombs inside the building for maximum sniper death.

loving love that gun. And additionally, front gunner can spot targets so the pilot gets some red dots to aim for which makes a huge difference.

Speaking of bombers, I just want to say a hearty gently caress you to the pubbie rear end in a top hat who decided to spawn a bomber at match start just to use as a taxi to get to the far flag. I spawn into the gun position, think he's about to carpet bomb some fools, suddenly he's bailed out to go chasing dudes on foot and I'm plummeting into the ground and a fiery death. Fuuuuuuuuuuccckkkkk youuuuu.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Always gonna be people using it as a taxi. At least use a fighter or something so that nobody can spawn on it.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Pubbies always gonna taxi and always gonna snipe

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Ineffiable posted:

Always gonna be people using it as a taxi. At least use a fighter or something so that nobody can spawn on it.

THIS. THIS IS ALL I WANT FROM THEM.

I swear, take out the deaths I've sustained from bad pubbie pilots crashing and I'd have a positive k/d. Spawned into a bomber on Empire's Edge that was out of bounds and in the water. I guess that one is on Dice though.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

FastestGunAlive posted:

Pubbies always gonna taxi and always gonna snipe

my friend that I play with a lot does both, and thinks he did a lot when he goes 2:1 KD sniping halfway across the map

:[

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Parkingtigers posted:

THIS. THIS IS ALL I WANT FROM THEM.

I swear, take out the deaths I've sustained from bad pubbie pilots crashing and I'd have a positive k/d. Spawned into a bomber on Empire's Edge that was out of bounds and in the water. I guess that one is on Dice though.

I don't understand either. Fighters are pretty drat fast. Why the gently caress do you want a bomber? Do you think you can score some sweet kills by dropping bombs on your way?

Pubbies always gonna pub. I can't believe how stupid some of them play sometimes. If you want a game where you literally just snipe, why not play sniper elite. Maybe it's because they know in Battlefield some of us are too busy ptfo and they can get some easy kills off that.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Realtalk: what's the best way to experiment with / practice piloting planes? I still haven't figured that poo poo out and get stuck in endless not-sharp-enough turns to realign my bombing and strafing passes.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It's all about throttle control. Don't go full throttle all the time. You need to seriously manipulate that fucker. When you are actually turning you want your aircraft to be moving as slow as possible. The faster you go the wider your turns are.

I dodge tons of people on my rear end by speeding up, going under an observation balloon, nosing up and killing the throttle.

They either zoom past me or hit the balloon.

Edit: For bombing runs (in fighter and attack) you should be coming down on them, not parallel to your target. Avoid the bomber unless you are with friends.

Fly by, drop flares, get a poo poo load of altitude then dive bomb their asses.

Dont use the first person sights, you don't need them.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 14, 2016

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

V for Vegans posted:

Yeah I'm not a good pilot, but I've had some good times spotting and strafing from the front seat, switching to the back gun to take down someone on our tail, then climbing back into the front. The seat swapping animation is really engaging too, it makes you feel like you're more than just along for the ride.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Trastion posted:

<snip> but when you have a strong team like we do on PS4krew alot it doesn't matter.

How do I get into PS4krew for this? Is there a PSN community? My play times are probably a bit iffy (Euro and I have a 3m/o daughter) but I still have 18h in since Black Friday. My win % is 37% and I swear it's not /only/ my fault. I'm only playing with pubbies and I just keep rage-gaming. I never actually quit but I can get worked up from being steamrolled and I'm getting fed up with it. Shouldn't the odds of winning in random games with pubbies be more like 50%?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
^Battlegoons on PSN^

Trastion posted:

lol the first thing I do on suez if I get a heavy is just flatten our side of the buildings so the enemy never gets a chance to use em to snipe our spawn

Beastie posted:

On conquest I don't really practice scorched earth. I don't want to knock anything down that we could use.

Just keep the side facing the enemy intact?

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Realtalk: what's the best way to experiment with / practice piloting planes?

Trench fighter still best trainer. Really just use any fighter first to get a sense of the flight model, the attack plane and bomber are just gonna slow down your time to learn how BF1 handles plane physics. Max out your 3P POV angle and do most flying and even shooting in 3P until you get comfortable. Finally just fly the gently caress out to the back edges of the map and explore, there's usually way more space than you realize and tons of places to hide and repair

Also fly straight up to a) get a sense for how tall the skybox is
b) practice stalling out (which you want to do intentionally in plenty of situations like a stall turn)
c) put yourself between the sun and your enemy

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I still haven't figured that poo poo out and get stuck in endless not-sharp-enough turns to realign my bombing and strafing passes.

Get more distance and reset before you even start turning. Throttle up away from the target and throttle down for a tighter turn. Also try

sometimes I don't even start my roll until I'm upside down pointing at the target

to set up a basic strafing/bombing run because it gives you elevation and makes it easy to stay on the same line of attack. But keep in mind that move generally leaves you open for dogfighters

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 14, 2016

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Sioux posted:

How do I get into PS4krew for this? Is there a PSN community? My play times are probably a bit iffy (Euro and I have a 3m/o daughter) but I still have 18h in since Black Friday. My win % is 37% and I swear it's not /only/ my fault. I'm only playing with pubbies and I just keep rage-gaming. I never actually quit but I can get worked up from being steamrolled and I'm getting fed up with it. Shouldn't the odds of winning in random games with pubbies be more like 50%?

There's a pretty regular EU group that plays most days. Not sure how often he checks the thread but CJSeedge on PSN is a guy you should add.

RE:Pubbies
https://gfycat.com/QuarrelsomeTatteredHound
It's never a good sign when you see the pilot bail out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwnRxnAbVI
Snipe 24/7

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Short of a practice mode or the singleplayer planes having multiplayer controls, you're going to have to practice flying on-the-fly against the other team (just like a lot of pilots in the actual war).

A couple tips I'd give:

- Make use of the map's edges (especially applicable to your alignment issues) Don't feel like you need to circle around the area you're attacking because it will give you poor angles and response times. Coming in from further out will allow you more time to get a better lay of the conflict and decide which point/area/spotted enemies to attack. It'll also help you see where enemy planes are to avoid/attack.
- Try to fly in straight lines as little as possible to make yourself a tougher target.
- Use your throttle up/down buttons frequently to help with erratic flight, making sharp turns, and putting sight line-blocking terrain between you and other planes/AA.
- If you haven't already, turn your sensitivity down. YMMV with this one, but I found that the default sensitivity made it difficult to do small aim adjustments, especially when shooting at planes.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I found default plane (and tank) controls to be unplayable, switching to veteran felt much more comfortable

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Gunning in the bomber is amazing and makes me hope that if the next battlefield is World War Two, you can take a whole squad with you in a B-17 including some poor sap who has to be the ball gunner.

The worst part of gunning though is when there's a plane on your tail and you hop into the back gun and take it out, only to realize that the pilot had already given up and that you're plummeting down to earth.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
what's the math on warbonds? I feel like I already have more than I can even spend, and the guns I haven't unlocked are variants I would never use. Wish they would give you some way to put warbonds towards skins. Also need more cavalry customization :argh:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

FastestGunAlive posted:

I found default plane (and tank) controls to be unplayable, switching to veteran felt much more comfortable

Yeah they tried that poo poo on BF4 as well and it's just not intuitive compared to throttle being on the trigger

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah they tried that poo poo on BF4 as well and it's just not intuitive compared to throttle being on the trigger

it is a bit weird that the throttles for various vehicles are in different places.

Thanks for tips re: planes, I actually got to chill in one while we waited for a server to fill up earlier today, getting the hang of poo poo.

Sorry again for bailing to... various goons, my playtime keeps getting cut short these nights. At least this time I earned my medal :3:

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
I don't like that you can't really do a hammerhead unless you hit the flight ceiling

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Also, don't be a puss

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This is what I do every time I see a tank.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I wouldn't mind if they tried out an operation mode where the first two phases is mostly bombers and fighters. You either spawn as a bomber and try to survive to take out an objective or you spawn as a gunner and defend your bomber from fighters. After the objective is taken then it switches to a ground assault.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What's the best way to turn one of my clips into a .gif like that? I want to post stuff!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Ineffiable posted:

I wouldn't mind if they tried out an operation mode where the first two phases is mostly bombers and fighters. You either spawn as a bomber and try to survive to take out an objective or you spawn as a gunner and defend your bomber from fighters. After the objective is taken then it switches to a ground assault.

A mode like this would be sick, keep it all air, even though dog fight didn't turn out too well in bf4.

Also need a mass cavalry battle mode

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

RCarr posted:

What's the best way to turn one of my clips into a .gif like that? I want to post stuff!

Take the video link from xboxdvr or something

Go to imgur on a browser and click "video to gif" from the menu

share the link with no tags and a .gifv filetype

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Re: new map, there is a ridiculously dirty spot to post up with the arty truck between the downed airship and the town. It's a low hill with a slight divot in the middle that allows you to park in the cleft and bombard the everliving poo poo out of points A and B. Tanks on the bridge can't return fire or even see you in most circumstances. Snipers can be outright killed or easily harassed into retreat as far back as the spawn point. It's awesome.

This map is also great for riding around on a horse and stabbing dudes.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I saved a video on PS4, of something that happened at the very end of the map, by hitting the screenshot button. But in the preview thing it seemed to have a video of the entire round, all 25 minutes. I just backed out because the next round was going to start but is that normal? Do I need to export that off the PS4 then edit it down? It is a huge file and I really only wanted like the last minute or less.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: Figured it out!

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 15, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

I saved a video on PS4, of something that happened at the very end of the map, by hitting the screenshot button. But in the preview thing it seemed to have a video of the entire round, all 25 minutes. I just backed out because the next round was going to start but is that normal? Do I need to export that off the PS4 then edit it down? It is a huge file and I really only wanted like the last minute or less.

In your share settings ,you can changes the file length. By defalt it saves the maximum of the last 15 minutes. You can change it to like, 1 minutes or 3 minutes or 5 minutes, if you want.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Snak posted:

In your share settings ,you can changes the file length. By defalt it saves the maximum of the last 15 minutes. You can change it to like, 1 minutes or 3 minutes or 5 minutes, if you want.

Ok figured it was something like that but I didn't mess around in there much and had only messed with still screenshots before.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

It's incomprehensible to me how people can't capture or defend C on conquest Argonne. Enemy taking the point? There's only one place they can be! Spam it with grenades and bullets. Enemy has the point but more than half our team has enveloped both sides of the bridge? Jump on it!

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Trastion posted:

In addition to what Snak posted about changing the recording length, there's also a built in trim function. Select the clip from your gallery and press options to trim it down.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

RCarr posted:

Testing this out...

http://imgur.com/XtZp9qu.gifv

http://imgur.com/g2pZIL8.gifv

Edit: How do I make them show without clicking the link? (I am not good at computers :()

Add "i." after http: slash slash

Another way is to right click and copy the video link and change mp4 to gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/XtZp9qu.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/g2pZIL8.gifv

There we go! :)

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 15, 2016