Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Kronikle posted:

Tellah is not an insufferable little bitch. Winner: Tellah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Old Man vs Teenager Explosive Barbwire Deathmatch lets go

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Daily got me my third Exdeath.

I mean I guess I can retire my two Arcs now? Except that urgh the effort needed to get my second and third Exdeaths up to L80 6* for Doublecast. I still have a second CoD I haven't even started raising, and Refia isn't even 6* yet.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

ApplesandOranges posted:

Daily got me my third Exdeath.

I mean I guess I can retire my two Arcs now? Except that urgh the effort needed to get my second and third Exdeaths up to L80 6* for Doublecast. I still have a second CoD I haven't even started raising, and Refia isn't even 6* yet.

Prioritize that Refia, man, it's a gamechanger.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Well, I just got a blue crystal on my half pull that reformed into gold and it is Refia. I have maxed out CoD, Elza and Faris and was working on maxing out Exdeath and Lenna...Lenna was just about done but I thought I'd ask, I should drop her like she's hot and start leveling Regis I assume? Like, is she that much better than Lenna that I should consider those resources wasted and start fresh with Refia?

rio fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 14, 2016

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

rio posted:

Well, I just got a blue crystal on my half pull that reformed into gold and it is Refia. I have maxed out CoD, Elza and Faris and was working on maxing out Exdeath and Lenna...Lenna was just about done but I thought I'd ask, I should drop her like she's hot and start leveling Regis I assume? Like, is she that much better than Lenna that I should consider those resources wasted and start fresh with Refia?

Very yes. Refia is leagues better than Lenna.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, not only is embolden unbelievably better than cheer, i mean my dualcast refia has 4k+ health and can heal roughly 3k per turn, plus she has esuna. refia is incomparably better than lenna just from the fact that she has double the health pool, but embolden is no joke either

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Shoenin posted:

Someone needs to photoshop this, put some rods in his hands and a VLC icon on his head and stuff.

Nargiddley
Jul 30, 2006

Finished up leveling Luneth, stuck my one relevant TM on and put him up, not quite as buff as some here but hopefully useful.

Cleared some inactives on my friends list, 994339815

So close to 600 Atk is taunting me, will just have to wait for a few atk pots and he should get there.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Ok, thanks for the advice. Sucks having leveled Lenna since she really do much for me in the time I've used her but oh well. Getting the awakening materials is going to stink to get her to five stars but I have most of there six star awakening mats so I just have to get over the 5 star hurdle.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

rio posted:

Ok, thanks for the advice. Sucks having leveled Lenna since she really do much for me in the time I've used her but oh well. Getting the awakening materials is going to stink to get her to five stars but I have most of there six star awakening mats so I just have to get over the 5 star hurdle.

You never know, Lenna could get a 6* awakening sometime in the future.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Welp. Here comes 5* base Noctis, and they kept his 6* form which kinda worries me regarding nerfs...

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

HGH posted:

Welp. Here comes 5* base Noctis, and they kept his 6* form which kinda worries me regarding nerfs...

They're never going to nerf anything in this game, everything just gets creeped up.

His TM seems fun, castable death that you can slap on anyone... With Ultima and holy on the side

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Daily pull was a Locke! I finally have a weapon for CoD to work toward. The trick is finding space to put him. I have two Dual Wields to work on after my current crop of TMR is harvested.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
This is a surprisingly good banner. Noctis' ATK stat on the banner seems a tad low (and his MP is crazy high) for what is billed as a physical attacker, but maybe they stuffed all his stat bonuses into weapon masteries which aren't reflected on the preview like passive stat ups are.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Keep in mind that everything within the next 2-3 weeks IS A TRAP to deplete your tickets/Lapis reserves for the inevitable Orlandu whale orgy.

That said this banner feels mediocre at best.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Everything seems mediocre when you're a trust grinder and it doesn't have Orlandeu on it, though.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
In hindsight I should have dumped tickets into III. Oh well, will be at 125 pulls in tickets/lapis by the end of the year, go go Orlandu.

Just got Sazh #2 from the daily and I have an ELT grinding Q. Right now I run Full Break, 3 DualCast Thundaga, Sazh #1, and friend Lightning for the Imperil Lightning multihit skill, and can "Repeat" my way to a win without taking damage.

Adding Sazh #2 would add 100-110 gears per run (more if cactaur), but I'd be short on damage output without a Full Breaker. It would not be worth it to get him from 3* lvl 38 to 5* lvl 80 just for FB for 3 days of gear grinding right?

There's just no way the extra gears would offset the number of cactuars used by my reckoning, just wanted to see if others agreed. Merci!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Noctis is getting a world release right? So hes a total wildcard, who knows how hes going to end up once someone figures out his optimum poo poo. The

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 14, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm ready for another pulling of all tickets and lapis I've got in return for no melee *6 worth a drat while whales show off arena teams of five noctis stacking TM rings.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ive got a melee 6* thats worth a drat, problem is shes COD and its going to take me forever to tm this dual wield and these two rising suns.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So Noctis's TMR gives the wearer Death, Holy, and some other ability? That seems neat for the arena I guess, unless alterna is some face wrecking damage ability in which case :shrug:

I guess I'll do 1/2 pulls on the banner in the hopes of some dumb luck getting me Noctis, or even Mercedes though she only seems decent if you grind her TMR axe.

rio posted:

My 1/2 pull today was a 2nd Gaffgarion. I'd give up both of them for a single Refia. :sigh:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

That was my favorite episode of Black Mirror this season.

edit: Fought a Korean whale this morning:

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 14, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Meanwhile, Mr. Meteor over on the other side...

If you swapped Refia for Cecil (or another Focus user) Meteors would work just as well.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 14, 2016

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'm using Wicked Light this week. :D 4x Meteors won't kill Lightnings with the 30% bonus this week.

edit: Dodged that Gilgamesh team on the next orb, queued into this one:

Arena is getting crazy now with the 2nd Lightning banner and the proliferation of strong 5* base units.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 14, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
:lol: at Refia's guard unit

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

If you swapped Refia for Cecil (or another Focus user) Meteors would work just as well.

They all 999 anyway without Focus (except vs. Cecil and Refia but I can deal with that). I built my team so everyone's MAG and HP is consistent across the team so that everyone can hit 999.

But yea, I think I'll swap to Cecil just for his Cover since Exdeaths are made of paper. Putting Black Belt and Sleep Sword on him is nice too.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Vax posted:

Keep in mind that everything within the next 2-3 weeks IS A TRAP to deplete your tickets/Lapis reserves for the inevitable Orlandu whale orgy.

To be honest, the rates are so poo poo that it wouldn't matter even if you blew your horde of tickets and lapis here

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

They all 999 anyway without Focus (except vs. Cecil and Refia but I can deal with that). I built my team so everyone's MAG and HP is consistent across the team so that everyone can hit 999.

But yea, I think I'll swap to Cecil just for his Cover since Exdeaths are made of paper. Putting Black Belt and Sleep Sword on him is nice too.

Chaining breaks the 999 barrier, you'll increase damage with each hit. The last one will likely hit for over 2k damage with focus.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Kegslayer posted:

To be honest, the rates are so poo poo that it wouldn't matter even if you blew your horde of tickets and lapis here

I know man. The rational thing to do would be to forget about Orlandu and just pull on the decent banners like this one where it's actually possible to grab a nice unit.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Onion Knight even if you don't have the whale TMs and gear and pots will beat them all anyway.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Vax posted:

I think it's pretty good. The 4 stars are both good and only overshadowed by base 5 stars and Charlotte is a serviceable tank if you don't have Cecil or WoL. Cecil is 3* too but I only pulled one, I think he was sharing the banner with others. Noctis might or might not be good but you shouldn't pull for base 5* anyway.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Chaining breaks the 999 barrier, you'll increase damage with each hit. The last one will likely hit for over 2k damage with focus.

Well, since chain bonus damage is based on the base damage and if you're hitting 999, then you'll get the same chain bonus with or without Focus right?

4x Meteor = 999 + 1099 + 1199 + 1299 = 4595 damage

4x Wicked Light = 999 + 1299 + 1599 + 1899 = 5796 damage

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 14, 2016

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Well, since chain bonus damage is based on the base damage and if you're hitting 999, then you'll get the same chain bonus with or without Focus right?

4x Meteor = 999 + 1099 + 1199 + 1299 = 4595 damage

4x Wicked Light = 999 + 1299 + 1599 + 1899 = 5796 damage

Triple Edgar, double ExBro = ~8000 damage

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'd love to run Edgars but even my 4.7k HP Exdeaths die in a single turn so I can't imagine Edgar would be able to take real punishment.

Like, this team I fought who got 1st turn on 1st round and pretty much wiped me from the start. I guess having Edgar in there wouldn't have changed the outcome anyway. But there's been so many times my Exdeaths get redlined from the start that Edgar seems risky.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Welp, looks like I'm going to be falling into this banner's trap. I'm getting dangerously close to falling below 5k lapis anyway with my daily pulls and having to expand my inventory, so hopefully between the ~40% of story missions left and the new ones that I can grind out for lapis I'll save enough for another 11 by Orlandu. Been wanting to get Chizuru for a long time anyway and Mercedes and Noctis sound really solid.

Poor Charlotte's gauge looks absolutely pitiful next to everyone else's in that update.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thankfully I can roll out this

because even though it's not very efficient to do this

I really wanted this

so I could do this

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

TWO lightnings? *froth*

and I know you're not the only one in this thread, either.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I mysteriously pulled one on Thursday and one on Saturday. My other 2 rainbows have been Draculaswell and *snort* Gilbert. Weirdly enough even though I've played from launch and earned and pulled every event ticket and a 1/2 price every day, I have no CoD. Think I've spent like $4 on the game back when when you could buy Magicite and nothing since.

E: drat games blending together, Megacite

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

KDdidit posted:

Yeah, I mysteriously pulled one on Thursday and one on Saturday. My other 2 rainbows have been Draculaswell and *snort* Gilbert. Weirdly enough even though I've played from launch and earned and pulled every event ticket and a 1/2 price every day, I have no CoD. Think I've spent like $4 on the game back when when you could buy Magicite and nothing since.

Magicite? Wrong FF mobile game bud.

• Locked thread