Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's probably give or take a decade since Chris was famous. I remember the big name stalkers would move on, then come back and do an interview regretting the trolling like most school bullies. But imagine the people who still update the site, just watching this 30 something kid, probably manipulating her for 10 whole years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's probably give or take a decade since Chris was famous. I remember the big name stalkers would move on, then come back and do an interview regretting the trolling like most school bullies. But imagine the people who still update the site, just watching this 30 something kid, probably manipulating her for 10 whole years.

All of the big trolling happened over the course of only a few years, surprisingly. Stuff like Liquid Chris and Clyde Cash was late 2007 to 2010, at which point he stopped making videos and disappeared for a while. There was still stuff happening and people were interacting with him and learning what was progressing in his life, but the days of near-daily video updates and chatroom visits had ended. I think he spends most of his time on Facebook now and has even gotten people to pay him for videos and things like medallions.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Yeah Chrischan has a Patreon now for a SonicChu comic or something. I'm not going to find it and link it because it's just more sad than funny at this point, but I'm sure it's on the wiki if you're so inclined.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

King of Foolians posted:

I still don't understand how she reconciles drinking sperm with being a vegan. According to google the basic definition of Vegan is: 'a person who does not eat or use animal products'. From my perspective sperm should 100% be considered a (human) animal product.
I guess it depend on how "strict' of a vegan she is and her motivations for being vegan. If she is vegan because of cruelty to animals in the food consumption industry then I guess sperm is ok because no animals were harmed to create it? Would this lady be ok with cannibalism?

Don't these turbovegans also tend to be the type to use their own menses in their cooking as well?

Which makes me wonder, does the jizz have to be vegan sourced? Would she really know if that protein originally came from a bacon wrapped steak?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Jizz tastes really bad if the dude eats too much meat

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

King of Foolians posted:

I still don't understand how she reconciles drinking sperm with being a vegan. According to google the basic definition of Vegan is: 'a person who does not eat or use animal products'. From my perspective sperm should 100% be considered a (human) animal product.
I guess it depend on how "strict' of a vegan she is and her motivations for being vegan. If she is vegan because of cruelty to animals in the food consumption industry then I guess sperm is ok because no animals were harmed to create it? Would this lady be ok with cannibalism?

Her responses to comments on her page seem in indicate that she thinks humans are not animals. Like, it's a separate thing. Mineral, plant, animal, human

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

RZA Encryption posted:

Her responses to comments on her page seem in indicate that she thinks humans are not animals. Like, it's a separate thing. Mineral, plant, animal, human

It probably also has to do with the idea of consent, which is why some of these imbeciles also make bread with vaginal yeast and eat their placentas after whatever home birth they decided to have.

None of the above changes the fact that they're idiots.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

All of the big trolling happened over the course of only a few years, surprisingly. Stuff like Liquid Chris and Clyde Cash was late 2007 to 2010, at which point he stopped making videos and disappeared for a while. There was still stuff happening and people were interacting with him and learning what was progressing in his life, but the days of near-daily video updates and chatroom visits had ended. I think he spends most of his time on Facebook now and has even gotten people to pay him for videos and things like medallions.

I think Chris's dad dying and the family's ensuing financial struggles (because Chris spends all her money on Lego and computer games, apparently) made it a bit too "real" for a lot of people. You know, before that, you'd get stupid poo poo like people convincing Chris that an English football commentator had copyrighted Sonichu and was profiting on it overseas, or an impostor was legitimately convincing people that he was the real CWC and taking credit for Chris's creations. Even when the trolls did something really ghastly, Chris had a remarkable ability to spend a week away from the Internet cooling off then reappear announcing that Sonichu was now officially copyrighted property, or that there was a new "girlfriend" in the picture who had completely taken Chris again for the dozenth time in a row.

When Bob Chandler died, a lot of trolls quit, and the people who were left were the real obsessives who did stuff like digging through the wreckage of the Chandler house after it burned down to steal Chris's old report cards. If you take a glance at the CWCki forum, too, the largest group of users seems to be a bunch MRAs and Gamergate leftovers who crawled out of the woodwork when Chris came out as transgender and spend their time whinging about how the lamestream media won't tell the Fair and Balanced truth about Zoe Quinn.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Non Serviam posted:

It probably also has to do with the idea of consent, which is why some of these imbeciles also make bread with vaginal yeast and eat their placentas after whatever home birth they decided to have.

None of the above changes the fact that they're idiots.

Or even better: Lotus Births where you keep a rotting bit of dead flesh attached to the baby for as long as humanly possible.

Fun story: first time I met my ex's brother's girlfriend, a hippy-dippy anti-vaxer bogan, she brought their newborn along and my ex warned me that they were doing the lotus birth thing, and to politely ignore the loving trash bag full of necrotic flesh that was in the pram next to the baby. I did so, as well as doing a bang-up job at not audibly gagging at the smell.

Then I noticed that they had that smell about them even when they weren't with the baby. And then every time I met them over the next year or so. They stank so bad just as people that I originally thought that it was rotting human flesh.

The woman got bonus points for being a 'mommyer than thou' fuckwit who tried to bring her unimmunised baby to the same Christmas party as an immunocompromised 4-year-old, and whose kid was so scrawny at 4 months (it basically still looked like it did when it was a newborn) due to her insistance on natural milk only, no formula, when she just wasn't producing milk that it led to the kid being taken away into the care of the state for a while.

Dad won a father of the year award one day later that year by taking literally the last bit of cash they had at the time to the shop to buy formula and nappies, noticing they were 'out of stock' at that particular shop, and then shrugging his shoulders and buying a wii game.

Their planned second child in going to be a girl.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Chris's dad dying and the family's ensuing financial struggles (because Chris spends all her money on Lego and computer games, apparently) made it a bit too "real" for a lot of people. You know, before that, you'd get stupid poo poo like people convincing Chris that an English football commentator had copyrighted Sonichu and was profiting on it overseas, or an impostor was legitimately convincing people that he was the real CWC and taking credit for Chris's creations. Even when the trolls did something really ghastly, Chris had a remarkable ability to spend a week away from the Internet cooling off then reappear announcing that Sonichu was now officially copyrighted property, or that there was a new "girlfriend" in the picture who had completely taken Chris again for the dozenth time in a row.

When Bob Chandler died, a lot of trolls quit, and the people who were left were the real obsessives who did stuff like digging through the wreckage of the Chandler house after it burned down to steal Chris's old report cards. If you take a glance at the CWCki forum, too, the largest group of users seems to be a bunch MRAs and Gamergate leftovers who crawled out of the woodwork when Chris came out as transgender and spend their time whinging about how the lamestream media won't tell the Fair and Balanced truth about Zoe Quinn.

A major part of it is also that Chris has become extremely paranoid after nearly a decade of being trolled. By the time of his "quitting" in 2010, he had basically lived the last few years of his life in a completely fictional world constructed around him through trolling. A friend of mine was one of the few people Chris talked to regularly in recent years, and Chris had gotten to the point of thinking even random Burger King employees and customers he didn't like were part of the grand conspiracy to abuse him. He cut off pretty much all contact with everyone to avoid trolling and refuses to talk to almost anybody new, fearing they're a new troll coming to deceive him. Admittedly that's probably true, since I can't think of anyone who would legitimately like Chris enough to open up a friendship.

It's really just a countdown to Barb dying at this point. Where we go from there is a mystery, but it ain't gonna be anything good.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

the people who were left were the real obsessives who did stuff like digging through the wreckage of the Chandler house after it burned down to steal Chris's old report cards.

Oh Christ, did this actually happen? That is far, far worse than an autistic adult child with a Sonic obsession could ever be.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just gonna leave this here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/5ia1v7/support_i_found_out_yesterday_that_my_fiance_and/?st=IWPIO593&sh=43e2918b

"NEVER TAKE ADVICE FROM REDDIT."

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Android Blues posted:

Oh Christ, did this actually happen? That is far, far worse than an autistic adult child with a Sonic obsession could ever be.

How else do you think the CWCki has copies of his school transcripts? :cripes:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

The wacky romantic comedy of the year.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

How else do you think the CWCki has copies of his school transcripts? :cripes:

I didn't know they had his transcripts until now. :wtc:

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
This came up in another thread and is too good not to share. Also everything involving Chris is just sad and tragic in a not so fun way.

Please enjoy a call-in art show from the early 90s in which TV show hosts have to sell furry art. Its vaguely NSFW but was still on TV so use your best judgement. The fun starts at 50 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRIyw-pJkUk

"His cartoon characters are delightful."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What the gently caress. I'm glad I can't listen to that right now. Skipping around was enough.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

RZA Encryption posted:

Vegans come in different forms; there's a type of vegan that believes oysters are a vegan food because farming them benefits the environment and they (probably) can't feel any pain whatsoever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wasn't Chris-chan the person who wrote long rear end letters to the Sonic comics because it interfered with his head canon or something? The writer of the comic was all "Uh this is a comic for children".

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twistedmentat posted:

Wasn't Chris-chan the person who wrote long rear end letters to the Sonic comics because it interfered with his head canon or something? The writer of the comic was all "Uh this is a comic for children".

I don't know anything about that, but there was some long time drama between whoever publishes the Sonic comics and one of the major writers, because of course there was major :spergin: about Sonic comics.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

I know Chris got into some hot water (again) when he got so upset about Sonic Boom making Sonic's arms blue that he started vandalizing game displays. When he got caught trying it in a Gamestop he was already banned from, he maced an employee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EflHHVROiSs

Just like every other time he got arrested, he got off lightly: a six month suspended sentence and a $541 fine.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
You folks know a lot about this fella Chris chan.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Burt Sexual posted:

He's been a staple in the internet weirdo bucket of shame for a very long time.
I abhor the vultures who harass him but I do love being an outside observer to the poo poo he pulls in public.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

whiteyfats posted:

I don't know anything about that, but there was some long time drama between whoever publishes the Sonic comics and one of the major writers, because of course there was major :spergin: about Sonic comics.

i can't remember which goon posted the history of the archie comics sonic, but a brief summary (which is p aug) is:

ken penders, the ultimate nerd, is obsessed about knuckles (the red dude in sonic 3). he decides that instead of sonic the comic concentrating on maybe the titular character, it should be about knuckles's extended family full of characters including female knuckles, monocle knuckles, beard knuckles, cowboy hat knuckles, etc.

the comics apparently loving suck, including having tails becoming a giant and using his tails fan to destroy some super powerful enemy (i can't seem to locate this picture).

ultimately some sega executive was buying comics for his kids and notice how bad sonic the comic was, sega called up archie and ken got fired. ken proceeds to sue archie for knuckles' extended family, because why not. he's now trying to start his own comic, the lara-su chronicles, who look kinda like a sonic character

The Saddest Rhino has a new favorite as of 05:22 on Dec 15, 2016

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Burt Sexual posted:

Have your heard about his infected clitoris?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
CWC really, really needed friends when he was younger. They're the sort of person any of us could have become -- everyone went through that phase, but CWC never managed to escape it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Screaming Idiot posted:

CWC really, really needed friends when he was younger. They're the sort of person any of us could have become -- everyone went through that phase, but CWC never managed to escape it.

I blame the Internet. In another time he would've just been seen as a harmless simpleton that holed away staring at etchings of rodents but modern society and the Internet brought the full weight of human cruelty upon him.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
I'm confused, on the last page everyone was referring to this Chris person as "she" (???) but the last few posts have referred to him as "he". Which one is it?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Wizard Master posted:

I'm confused, on the last page everyone was referring to this Chris person as "she" (???) but the last few posts have referred to him as "he". Which one is it?

Chris is a trans woman who spent a long time on the Internet under a male identity, so not everyone may be up on Chris's transition. :shrug:

Chris's preferred pronoun is "she".

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It sure seemed like the trans thing was inflicted by internet trolls rather than being genuine.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
:yikes:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Crazy Ferret posted:

Please enjoy a call-in art show from the early 90s in which TV show hosts have to sell furry art. Its vaguely NSFW but was still on TV so use your best judgement. The fun starts at 50 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRIyw-pJkUk

"His cartoon characters are delightful."

Oh neat, that's the actual artists YouTube account.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
if CWC said CWC wants to be called "she" then loving call her "she" until and unless she changes her mind and asks you to do otherwise

it's not your job to decide on what other people are really thinking in their head, such as with this "oh not really trans just inflicted by trolls" thing -- if people use their words to ask you something that isn't harmful to you or anyone else then why not just loving do it?

oh right, because humans are lovely

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

AlbieQuirky posted:

Chris's preferred pronoun is "she".

How do you know this

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

InediblePenguin posted:

if CWC said CWC wants to be called "she" then loving call her "she" until and unless she changes her mind and asks you to do otherwise

it's not your job to decide on what other people are really thinking in their head, such as with this "oh not really trans just inflicted by trolls" thing -- if people use their words to ask you something that isn't harmful to you or anyone else then why not just loving do it?

oh right, because humans are lovely

Same but less angry.
Chris can be whomever they want to be but I draw the line at Hedgehogkin.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Wizard Master posted:

How do you know this

Chris/Christine is very active on Facebook, where she's super consistent about using female pronouns for herself and describing herself as a woman. She treats her transsexuality as a big part of her identity, and it came up somehow in every one of her posts I saw when I stumbled on her page a while back. Basically, if you hadn't looked Chris-chan up in a while, the female pronouns would be the first big change you'd notice in her new content.

I guess an awkward part of her recent behavior might be that she watches, and genuinely believes in, YouTube "hypnosis" videos that claim to produce changes in the body. Like, growing titties or a vagina. She firmly believes this works.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Wizard Master posted:

How do you know this

That's the assumption I would have made from her appearance and voice in that gamestop video posted above, but I'm sure someone can pull up a chris-chan wiki page (why does such a thing exist) with every single detail of her transition documented to the tiniest degree

I personally just think it's really sad that people keep doing this, because a major part of her psychosis is "the internet is out to get me!" and she is completely correct

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Wizard Master posted:

How do you know this

Saw a post about it on a thread here or maybe the F Plus forums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i can't remember which goon posted the history of the archie comics sonic, but a brief summary (which is p aug) is:

ken penders, the ultimate nerd, is obsessed about knuckles (the red dude in sonic 3). he decides that instead of sonic the comic concentrating on maybe the titular character, it should be about knuckles's extended family full of characters including female knuckles, monocle knuckles, beard knuckles, cowboy hat knuckles, etc.

the comics apparently loving suck, including having tails becoming a giant and using his tails fan to destroy some super powerful enemy (i can't seem to locate this picture).

ultimately some sega executive was buying comics for his kids and notice how bad sonic the comic was, sega called up archie and ken got fired. ken proceeds to sue archie for knuckles' extended family, because why not. he's now trying to start his own comic, the lara-su chronicles, who look kinda like a sonic character

"mari-su" ahahahha

• Locked thread