Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

sounds like something an idiot would do

I appreciate the many beautiful layers of this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

pangstrom posted:

It can happen when the genuinely and extremely incurious attempt to act like a human being, but don't attempt hard enough.
this is it

it's like dude, it's ok. i understand you are an android placed on our planet for reasons you don't understand. you don't have to pretend to connect with me, i'm not like the others

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

9/10 times when somebody is calling in sick all the drat time it's because they are lazy and have super flimsy excuses for it tho.

this

Volkerball posted:

i've got a real bad headache, i can't come in today

are you going to the doctor?

no, it's not that bad. just...can't work... bad

is that house music in the background?

i recently had someone try to call in sick only they hosed up and admitted it was because they had a massive hangover

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

i'd heard enough at gold digger

gold digger is a cool and good song

sorry you have no sense of appreciation for kanye

might want to get that curse lifted

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I think I can muster up enough strength and cough medicine to drag myself into work tomorrow because I can't afford to lose anymore money

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

It's part of compensation so the reason why is irrelevant and also relative wrt what people consider "sick." I didn't take joy days regardless but it did have the consequence of making me not give a poo poo.
This is more inflammatory than I mean it, but: People with this attitude are, in my experience, always lovely employees and almost-always lovely at life in general (unless you're really young in which case nevermind).

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

sounds like something an idiot would do
lol

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i recently had someone try to call in sick only they hosed up and admitted it was because they had a massive hangover

Hangovers count as sick. I've done it before and said what was up, knowing my boss would be cool with it. But when you only call in like once every 6 months you can get away with stuff like that.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

did you press them to describe their illness in detail

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
also one of the cleaning ladies has a thing for me and i don't know how to let her down gently. she bought me lipstick off the internet :psyduck:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Avshalom posted:

also one of the cleaning ladies has a thing for me and i don't know how to let her down gently. she bought me lipstick off the internet :psyduck:

Avs have you considered she is just being nice. Don't go running off to hr just yet.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

Hangovers count as sick. I've done it before and said what was up, knowing my boss would be cool with it. But when you only call in like once every 6 months you can get away with stuff like that.

nah, this dude calls in sick at least once or twice a month

kustomkarkommando posted:

did you press them to describe their illness in detail

no

Volkerball posted:

Avs have you considered she is just being nice. Don't go running off to hr just yet.

avs rushing to place such a nice girl in the friendzone

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Volkerball posted:

do you tell random strangers how beautiful they are and buy them cosmetics off the internet when you're not interested in them romantically

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Volkerball posted:

i'd heard enough at gold digger

there are many layers to this post, like the world's blandest, whitest onion

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chelb posted:

actually the red onions are the bland ones

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chelb posted:

says the guy who listens to trump voter music

Avshalom posted:

do you tell random strangers how beautiful they are and buy them cosmetics off the internet when you're not interested in them romantically

near daily

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Avshalom posted:

An office romance between the cubicle workers and the janitorial staff cannot be allowed to flourish

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

What would Leondard do AVS?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i knew right away that kanye guy was bad news

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Hollismason posted:

What would Leondard do AVS?
leonard had the courage to pursue his art from the beginning so he never actually worked an office job in his life

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i refuse to complicate these two months of air-conditioned purgatory with an entanglement, you outright ship of fools

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

- is vb so life-suckingly dull that the only kanye song he can name off the top of his head is gold digger?

-is vb secretly some sort of time traveler from ten years ago?

-why does vb so naturally sound like everyone's casually racist grandpa?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

that last one is rhetorical, by the way

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

pangstrom posted:

This is more inflammatory than I mean it, but: People with this attitude are, in my experience, always lovely employees and almost-always lovely at life in general (unless you're really young in which case nevermind).
My friend have you read the communist manifesto?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gin and Juche posted:

Considering that every model, poll, and conventional wisdom has said it was a lock for the better part of a year I'm not sure I can blame them tbh.

Hell any mention in the here that it'd be less than a Clinton win was referred to as arzying

the weird thing is there was almost no leaks from anywhere that there were problems, like when bill and hillary got in a huge argument over whether to campaign out in the sticks

looks like that was the one thing she fixed from her craptacular 08 campaign

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm a time traveller from the year 2015

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the weird thing is there was almost no leaks from anywhere that there were problems, like when bill and hillary got in a huge argument over whether to campaign out in the sticks

looks like that was the one thing she fixed from her craptacular 08 campaign

yeah i think it's notable how they kept such a tight lid on things that nobody outside of people involved with the campaign had any real idea until after the fact

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
rotd, my mother has recently taken up breadmaking with some older but still functional pans and a kitchen aid mixer. are there some kinds of quality of life stuff you can think of that would make for good gifts when it comes to baking?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chelb posted:

- is vb so life-suckingly dull that the only kanye song he can name off the top of his head is gold digger?

-why does vb so naturally sound like everyone's casually racist grandpa?

yes i know you can ramble off the names of everything put out by allan jackson, david allen coe, and kanye. that doesn't make you cool. it makes you a fan of alt right lunatics.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Chelb posted:

yes

yes

to be fair, can you imagine traveling through time from the bush administration straight to trumpsville? imagine the utter despair you'd feel.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

hillary's campaign did a shockingly awful job but there's a facet of it - reliance and blind acceptance of polling - that's understandable, especially given the deceptive accuracy of election polling in 2008 and 2012 and an the lack of hindsight to look at previous polling errors in the UK, israel, etc. and connect the dots

Volkerball posted:

yes i know you can ramble off the names of everything put out by allan jackson, david allen coe, and kanye. that doesn't make you cool. it makes you a fan of alt right lunatics.

lol you are so loving stupid

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

kustomkarkommando posted:

what Is the worst kanye song oh vb

Nobody knows

This is the best video for a kanye song although the quality of this copy sucks

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/451fba17e0/cant-tell-me-nothin-from-zach-galifianakis?_cc=__t___&_ccid=a3f75893-c633-4ba5-9036-18d576a40647

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

like you know who i am right

the carly rae jepsen guy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

rotd, my mother has recently taken up breadmaking with some older but still functional pans and a kitchen aid mixer. are there some kinds of quality of life stuff you can think of that would make for good gifts when it comes to baking?

- A Danish Dough Whisk

- A flexible plastic bowl scraper

- If you think she might like to get a little fancy, a banneton

- more pans

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

bench scraper, silicone baking mats, nonreactive mixing bowls, wire cooling racks

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chelb posted:

lol you are so loving stupid

i ain't sayin he a trump voter. but he ain't listenin to no marx quoters.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chelb posted:

hillary's campaign did a shockingly awful job but there's a facet of it - reliance and blind acceptance of polling - that's understandable, especially given the deceptive accuracy of election polling in 2008 and 2012 and an the lack of hindsight to look at previous polling errors in the UK, israel, etc. and connect the dots

it was more than that- reliance on their own polling while ignoring any sort of updated on the ground data from state and county parties or even their own campaign

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Oh, and Williams-Sonoma has some very twee bakeware

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it was more than that- reliance on their own polling while ignoring any sort of updated on the ground data from state and county parties or even their own campaign

true

state polling was rather in hillary's favor though according to just about every major pollster, not just her campaign's

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Avshalom posted:

there's a crack, a crack in everything

did you know that a young trent reznor kind of made leonard's career?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

hopefully with the stand mixer she has a dough hook to go along with a paddle attachment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

my favorite part of this post, which I wish I could have painted on a mug, is that you think the 9/11 honky tonk man is extremely similar to kanye

have you ever listened to music?

• Locked thread