Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Their supposed argument is "money laundering" but in reality it's because they want to keep as much money as possible.

There's no money laundering at play unless you're using accounts local to a particular and tiny set of nations, and if that were the case, they shouldn't have done business with you in the first loving place. So this is some incredibly weak bullshit they're pulling. Anyone they're trying to snow with this should push back. There are no regulations preventing them from properly refunding the full value of a given account.

:ssj: caremad about stupid babby munny lies ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm super hyped to the max for 2.6 I tell you what

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
SO PUMPED

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

there's still time for it to be GOTY2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

alf_pogs posted:

there's still time for it to be GOTY2016

gently caress yes there is wooo hoo!!!!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Where is MoMMA? I want to high five a fellow citizen while I GET HYPED :toot:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

There's no money laundering at play unless you're using accounts local to a particular and tiny set of nations, and if that were the case, they shouldn't have done business with you in the first loving place. So this is some incredibly weak bullshit they're pulling. Anyone they're trying to snow with this should push back. There are no regulations preventing them from properly refunding the full value of a given account.

:ssj: caremad about stupid babby munny lies ugh

Arguably they are refunding it, just not all of it to you. What I want to know is what they do when the account the excess supposedly goes to is closed.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

https://twitter.com/CptBlackFrancis/status/809170189434556416

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

once you go four metas deep it becomes sincere again

time works the same way

-johnny

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Just a little reminder that if you ever point out the obsessive internet stalker subforum is being insane hosed up weirdos, they will doxx you, find pictures of you online, and then pretend all's good.

Thanks for the heads up

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Let this be a lesson to everyone else: Doxxing is really hosed up, as is sending death threats, and these people can't help themselves, even with someone telling them its really messed up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I agree that it's not right to doxx people

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Arguably they are refunding it, just not all of it to you. What I want to know is what they do when the account the excess supposedly goes to is closed.

As if you even need to ask.

They keep the money.

That's why people should push to get the refund for everything in their account. CIG will certainly try to keep everything else as free money.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
just want to quickly point out that antisemitism is bad, and you shouldn't actively support antisemitism.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

I heard you hate juice.

What the gently caress is wrong with you? It's delicious!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I.N.R.I posted:

mods???

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

XK posted:

As if you even need to ask.

They keep the money.

That's why people should push to get the refund for everything in their account. CIG will certainly try to keep everything else as free money.

If that's the case then absolutely. It's not CIG's money to keep.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Shouldn't have posted those nudes then. Just sayin.

(Let me tell you, you got back AND you are STACKED!)

Draw me like one of your French girls.

:nws:

:nws:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Foo Diddley posted:

I am disappointed to learn that sonicautists.com is not a real site

:same:

I thought I may have found a new forum to be a critical part in. I believe there are people who feel that Sonic is a scam, and these people want my lengthy prose and opinions. Especially if they're autistic.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Titanic posted:

:same:

I thought I may have found a new forum to be a critical part in. I believe there are people who feel that Sonic is a scam, and these people want my lengthy prose and opinions. Especially if they're autistic.

I thought it would be an audiophile forum that displayed an amusing level of self-awareness.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jacked to the TITS

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I had two accounts that I had CIG close at the same time. Account A had gifted to account B. Took some work but I was able to get CIG to agree that I owned both accounts, then CIG refunded A. CIG at first refused to refund the full worth of account B, stating that as parts of it were gifted it could not be refunded. I pointed out that as the gifts were from my other account A, that returning them to A would mean that A should be refunded that amount. CIG put up a fight, going back to the fact that gifted items would not be refunded. After explaining to them that if they had closed account B first, then the gifted amount would have been returned to account A and then I would get that refunded, and then explaining that attempting to keep the gifted amount was the same as theft, CIG returned the full amount.

Basically CIG really did try and just pocket the gifts.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Lando probably got stimpire'd for reminding Chris that they needed to actually have something to show on the stream.

”Whatdya mean 'game'?! I'm uh ermmaaa gonna make a speech. They should be grateful.”

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm sure we're all willing to bet that they don't do poo poo, they keep the unearned revenue and whoever's keeping the books probably has a vaguely named account to sweep this poo poo into. If for some idiotic reason it was their policy to refund the value of a gift back to the giver rather than the receiver, well... That reasoning is dumb, but there's already a way to handle a payment you can't get to the recipient. It's unclaimed property and should be reported as such to the authorities as part of their regular unclaimed property/escheatment statement. That means putting a date on the refund transaction, identifying the recipient, and forking over the owed property to the gubmint, so CIG doesn't get to keep the cash!

uuugh i feel the spirit of pgabz overtaking me :argh:

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

tuo posted:

Completely offtopic, but this would be so cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLrqtmKazpI

Makes you think how important proper game mechanics truly are, and how irrelevant graphic fidelity can be.

Then again, I guess if someone never experienced the original X-Wing and especially TIE Fighter, hey will look at this and simply shrug

:monocle:

I hope they rebalance the gameplay a bit though. X-Wing was amazing for the time, but it hasn't aged as well as TIE Fighter.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

:smuggo: - "Lol if you idiots think that exploration is going to be hard to make work with only 100 planets you haven't been paying attention."

:allears: - "So then how are they going to make it work?"

:smuggo: - "I literally have no loving idea."

lol

e: the actual "you haven't been paying attention" guy's response is somehow even better:

One day they're going to have a revelation that the info they are telling people exists actually does not exist at all, and the game that is being built isn't remotely close or capable of supporting what they think the info was supposed to say.

Until then though, full steam ahead! :downs:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I thought it would be an audiophile forum that displayed an amusing level of self-awareness.

Wouldn't be a bad name for a backyard grunge band either. :3:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

Where is MoMMA? I want to high five a fellow citizen while I GET HYPED :toot:

I am ready to play it vicariously through you! Bring on the revolutionary tactical FPS action!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

orcinus posted:

â€Whatdya mean 'game'?! I'm uh ermmaaa gonna make a speech. They should be grateful.â€

Don't forget the fidelitous PowerPoint slides, friend. Can't have a real show without an embarrassing slideshow full of things you "plan to do".

And of course, already have the "We tried... so hard.. look at us try :(" video ready to upload to YouTube if it appears that people actually want that p-word thing.

its progress guys

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
4 post in a row combo. I didn't mean it guys! Usually the thread is faster. I guess everybody is busy doxxing and/or calling their parents. :)

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The Titanic posted:

4 post in a row combo. I didn't mean it guys! Usually the thread is faster. I guess everybody is busy doxxing and/or calling their parents. :)

on the phone my mum doxxed her neighbours, told me all about how Mr Gregory has been stealin fruit from someone else's tree

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

:cawg:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

:pray:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

1500 posted:

I had two accounts that I had CIG close at the same time. Account A had gifted to account B. Took some work but I was able to get CIG to agree that I owned both accounts, then CIG refunded A. CIG at first refused to refund the full worth of account B, stating that as parts of it were gifted it could not be refunded. I pointed out that as the gifts were from my other account A, that returning them to A would mean that A should be refunded that amount. CIG put up a fight, going back to the fact that gifted items would not be refunded. After explaining to them that if they had closed account B first, then the gifted amount would have been returned to account A and then I would get that refunded, and then explaining that attempting to keep the gifted amount was the same as theft, CIG returned the full amount.

Basically CIG really did try and just pocket the gifts.

That's perfectly valid. If they're not doing what they say they do (and they didn't return gifted items to me until I called them out), then that's basically theft.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I'm sure we're all willing to bet that they don't do poo poo, they keep the unearned revenue and whoever's keeping the books probably has a vaguely named account to sweep this poo poo into. If for some idiotic reason it was their policy to refund the value of a gift back to the giver rather than the receiver, well... That reasoning is dumb, but there's already a way to handle a payment you can't get to the recipient. It's unclaimed property and should be reported as such to the authorities as part of their regular unclaimed property/escheatment statement. That means putting a date on the refund transaction, identifying the recipient, and forking over the owed property to the gubmint, so CIG doesn't get to keep the cash!

uuugh i feel the spirit of pgabz overtaking me :argh:

I wouldn't be surprised if there are tons of accounts that were closed and should have their stuff gifted back to me, but CIG never did.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I wanna see the translation.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Waiting for the fake brick wall to collapse down at the end.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Quick, roll in Lando and the band!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_0SGgKnRsA
https://i.imgur.com/XrR4kWt.mp4

That scene cracks me up every time. That's the face of a man who knows everything is hosed beyond all hope.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Allowing the other party to correct their mistakes is cool and good way to avoid litigation, but pocketing money is a crime. Why the gently caress isn't anybody reporting this? The attempt is in itself illegal.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ok now you on the left, avoid that flickering texture.. good... good, HEY you the Asian kid, don't even think about trying to vault. It will crash everything.

For god sakes people look like you're having fun, we're paying ourselves a lot of money so shape up

We will stay here all day until we get this right folks, everything has to be PERFECT !!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is fine, and super easy to add. Just build a rich mining land between two warring NPC factions. Their AI will naturally find the resources and a dynamic war will begin as they scour the planet.

This is already talked about with dynamic AI. I won't find the link for you though because you didn't pay attention.

Also the maps are Planet sized. So you could really just get all involved in this war on this one planet for the whole game and never feel like you're missing out. You can trust me because I'm evocati and I've already banked 2000 hours into the PTU and feel like I've gotten 200 times my initial $20k investment already.

Look for my article on the new INN site, I'm a donating Trailblazer, friend!

CUITV!!! :shepspends:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 15, 2016