Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

awesome! great job shabbat goy and nice unboxing i was the fury!

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
oh poo poo manifisto dude i totally forgot the dorky letter i wrote to put in your box and flaked out on for some totally unforeseeable reasone :420:

"[dated 9 december, 2016]
Dear manifisto,
May these cool stickers,
funny shades, and Swedish
wierdoes help you have
a merry y o b xmas
& a happy y o b
new year !

Hope you like bands
that want to look like
Kraftwerk on their
album covers

Sincerely, Secret Santa"

and you turn it over on the back and it sez 'p s its mrbradlymrmartin'

so dont think that i didnt think enough of you to write, just think i didnt think enough of you to mail it :eng99:

srsly tho im glad you dig komeda i totally picked that up because i wanted to listen to a band who told the photographer we dont really care so long as it kinda looks like Computerworld

shabbat goy

Hahaha that weed-filled duck. I'm glad you own a record player too! Merry yobmas! :)

social vegan

the weed duck

death sext

another great set of gifts! you guys are so good at this

just wanted to let my secret Santa know that I wore the good bone/health socks last night, and the gloves this morning, and I've never been warmer in my life

(seriously, I never buy gloves for myself so this is a big life improvement)

Manifisto

no problem dude, I pretty much figured it out!

alnilam

Hey everyone, I have a gift of the heart for BYOB. Also because it's an abstract gift I'm declaring that it goes to every santee and even to yobbers who didn't participate :twisted:

I don8ed to MSF/Doctors Without Borders. It's an 8 year xmas tradish for me to donate a large sum to them (and smaller sums to a few other fav charities) and then write/draw/paint cards to my family saying that i did that instead of getting gifts. it's also been a long xmas battle to try to get my parents to do the same for me...

So like it or not this year BYOB is being drawn into the mix! Congrats BYOB on being donated in honor of, and also feel free to join me, lord knows it's been a rough couple of years for MSF what with their hospitals being bombed and stuff

social vegan

alnilam posted:

Hey everyone, I have a gift of the heart for BYOB. Also because it's an abstract gift I'm declaring that it goes to every santee and even to yobbers who didn't participate :twisted:

I don8ed to MSF/Doctors Without Borders. It's an 8 year xmas tradish for me to donate a large sum to them (and smaller sums to a few other fav charities) and then write/draw/paint cards to my family saying that i did that instead of getting gifts. it's also been a long xmas battle to try to get my parents to do the same for me...

So like it or not this year BYOB is being drawn into the mix! Congrats BYOB on being donated in honor of, and also feel free to join me, lord knows it's been a rough couple of years for MSF what with their hospitals being bombed and stuff

thank u buddy, I like it a lot!

Senior Management

it is neat to help people help people

:jerry:

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Manifisto posted:

no problem dude, I pretty much figured it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmoa13TG2TY

City of Glompton

aw alnilam :love: :glomp:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

It's a great organization, and I'm glad you honored us in this way.

also:

Vynar posted:

it is neat to help people help people

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

FluffieDuckie

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Piso Mojado

Very nice

FluffieDuckie

it was all i could do to restrain myself from sending cards saying "a donation to the aclu has been made in your honor" to my conservative family members

it was, perhaps, not in the spirit of the season

Piso Mojado

Al, can I haz the receipt for tax purposes

Piso Mojado

FluffieDuckie posted:

it was all i could do to restrain myself from sending cards saying "a donation to the aclu has been made in your honor" to my conservative family members

I think it's a good idea to throw in on top of a normal gift perhaps. That's what I'm doing at least

FluffieDuckie

Piso Mojado posted:

alnilam

Piso Mojado posted:

sure I'll write my SSN on it too just to be sure

Senior Management

alnilam posted:

sure I'll write my SSN on it too just to be sure

could get lost in the mail like the board game I ordered on Amazon as a gift for some friends. Better to just post it.

:jerry:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam, this is why you are byob's favorite chicken dad. you're a real good egg and i appreciate you. merry yobmas, my friend. :love:

FluffieDuckie posted:

i maybe was not in the spirit of the season and did just that for my in-laws who called me a baby murderer. i'm good with it.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

ladybeard mcflurry posted:

alnilam, this is why you are byob's favorite chicken dad. you're a real good egg and i appreciate you. merry yobmas, my friend. :love:

i maybe was not in the spirit of the season and did just that for my in-laws who called me a baby murderer. i'm good with it.

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL NAME

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

super mario batali posted:

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL NAME

i'm a gosh-d*ng pirate now

i've been swashing and buckling and people said you can't drive a jolly roger but i did.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

THE TRACKING UPDATED. TO FRIDAY.

MrWillsauce

FluffieDuckie posted:

gonna do this for my racist grandpa. he'll probably think it's funny

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Somebody should get a package today

alnilam

Somebody should get a package today

actually something like 20 million people should get a package today

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

alnilam posted:

actually something like 20 million people should get a package today

yeah but I mean people that matter (yobbers)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

a package came flying through my open window and i caught it before it took out the tea kettle. very clever, mr. ups man, but your days are numbered, sir. i'll get you. i'll give you a nice cup of tea and some warm cookies someday. you motherfucker. i'll make you like those cookies. yes.

i opened the box, and a missive written in green sharpie, hastily, with bloodstains and digital sparkling octopodes disguising it as Nothing Important hid in the box, concealing its treasure. i opened the letter, eager for news from the front of liberation, but read only as follows:

__ BEGIN TRANSMISSION __

(pg 1)

dear friend,

the winds of the blue tundra are swift and they are cold. i have been in this bunker for one hundred days now. the screens glow with beauty but not with warmth; their incessant barrage of jingles & cheer do nothing to warm my aching joints.

the elves are all dead. when the factory burned & the reindeer killed my wife and burned her as a sacrifice to their red nosed god, the elvenfolk smuggled me away to this place. the few who stayed with me did not die in vain, as their flesh have has sustained me in this dark time. the rest i have seen littering the roadways. when i have foraged out for supplies

(pg 2)

i live a fugitive, but i will keep my promise to you, which i made when you were but a wee lad. the gifts shall always come if you have been good, and in a sea of death you have been a beacon of light.

i found this in a burned & hollowed Borders. i think you will find it amusing. i have a few more trinkets which the resistance have sent word about, but their post shall be delayed.

i hear the bombs beginning. i must hide. hail to jack frost. stay warm.

Santa [tiny hat here]

__ END TRANSMISSION __

BUT WHAT HO! a good sign, for it is our prophet Shirley Jackson, author of The Lottery and The Haunting of Hill House, and one of my favorite writers! AND IT'S HER MEMOIR. THANK YOU.

i've wanted to read this for a long time and it's good. HAIL SANTA.

Randy Travesty fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 14, 2016

alnilam

:ohdearsass:

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
:ohdearsass:

shabbat goy

Haha, so a package was waiting for me at my door and immediately upon bringing it in, my cat was hype.

I tore one of the flaps off the side and immediately candy started to stream out which is dope because I love to eat candy

There was also a card addressed "From: Hammok CAT, TO: Shabbat Goy", which I will open later. There was also a handwritten note:

quote:

Dear Shabbat Goy,

I hear you have been a good
boy this year.

Since you requested some whacky
engrish products I have included
a knockoff starwars lego set, which
you shall build and post in a thread
(if you want) [editor's note: I do and I will...]

Also enclosed is $1,000,000 since
you have been so good, you
can spend it on anything you want!

I heard your cat is a butthead
but I included some of the
dankest of nugs (of catnip).

:siren: THE REST OF THE BOX IS
FILLED WITH CHOCOLATE :siren:

Have a very merry YOBmas,
and a happy new year!

Santa Claus

Let's tear into this bad boy...

The nugs were dank, my cat is doped up and currently just tearing rear end around the house for no good reason.

Outside of the card:

Inside the card:

1 million dollars! (Zimbabwe) and a lottery ticket which I have yet to scratch off (but will shortly, I was excited to make a post)

And the pièce de résistance:

From everyone's favorite Danish toy company "GUDI" it's STAR 星球争霸: CNNTEND FNR HEGEMNNY

This collection of gifts is spot on, serious gratitude to super mario batali for putting it all together! Thanks a million!

Merry Yobmas one and all.

I'm going to drink beers and assemble some GUDIs

social vegan

dang some real gudies in the thread today!

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

shabbat goy posted:

Haha, so a package was waiting for me at my door and immediately upon bringing it in, my cat was hype.

I tore one of the flaps off the side and immediately candy started to stream out which is dope because I love to eat candy

There was also a card addressed "From: Hammok CAT, TO: Shabbat Goy", which I will open later. There was also a handwritten note:

Let's tear into this bad boy...

The nugs were dank, my cat is doped up and currently just tearing rear end around the house for no good reason.

Outside of the card:

Inside the card:

1 million dollars! (Zimbabwe) and a lottery ticket which I have yet to scratch off (but will shortly, I was excited to make a post)

And the pièce de résistance:

From everyone's favorite Danish toy company "GUDI" it's STAR 星球争霸: CNNTEND FNR HEGEMNNY

This collection of gifts is spot on, serious gratitude to super mario batali for putting it all together! Thanks a million!

Merry Yobmas one and all.

I'm going to drink beers and assemble some GUDIs

That really is one million dollars I'll have you know. There is another package that will be shipped soon.

edit: I think the bad english on the "legos" is supposed to say "Contend for Hegemony"

super mario batali fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 15, 2016

FluffieDuckie

my "meticulous" recordkeeping tells me only 4 santees haven't received their gifts yet.

run run mr postman :derp:

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

edit: I think the bad english on the "legos" is supposed to say "Contend for Hegemony"

which honestly leaves some questions open

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

ladybeard mcflurry posted:

a package came flying through my open window and i caught it before it took out the tea kettle. very clever, mr. ups man, but your days are numbered, sir. i'll get you. i'll give you a nice cup of tea and some warm cookies someday. you motherfucker. i'll make you like those cookies. yes.

i opened the box, and a missive written in green sharpie, hastily, with bloodstains and digital sparkling octopodes disguising it as Nothing Important hid in the box, concealing its treasure. i opened the letter, eager for news from the front of liberation, but read only as follows:

__ BEGIN TRANSMISSION __

(pg 1)

dear friend,

the winds of the blue tundra are swift and they are cold. i have been in this bunker for one hundred days now. the screens glow with beauty but not with warmth; their incessant barrage of jingles & cheer do nothing to warm my aching joints.

the elves are all dead. when the factory burned & the reindeer killed my wife and burned her as a sacrifice to their red nosed god, the elvenfolk smuggled me away to this place. the few who stayed with me did not die in vain, as their flesh have has sustained me in this dark time. the rest i have seen littering the roadways. when i have foraged out for supplies

(pg 2)

i live a fugitive, but i will keep my promise to you, which i made when you were but a wee lad. the gifts shall always come if you have been good, and in a sea of death you have been a beacon of light.

i found this in a burned & hollowed Borders. i think you will find it amusing. i have a few more trinkets which the resistance have sent word about, but their post shall be delayed.

i hear the bombs beginning. i must hide. hail to jack frost. stay warm.

Santa [tiny hat here]

__ END TRANSMISSION __

BUT WHAT HO! a good sign, for it is our prophet Shirley Jackson, author of The Lottery and The Haunting of Hill House, and one of my favorite writers! AND IT'S HER MEMOIR. THANK YOU.

i've wanted to read this for a long time and it's good. HAIL SANTA.

oh my, your santa sounds like he is in trouble! i wonder what other stories you will hear from the liberation front when i he sends the rest of the gifts??

glad the book was a hit! more things soons! :D

shabbat goy

That really is one million dollars I'll have you know. There is another package that will be shipped soon.

:eyepop: there's more?!

Also my friend told me that 星球争霸 is just "Star Wars" (it literally translates to planet hegemony) so the "Star" in English at the beginning is redundant. He said it can also mean Star Craft like the video game..

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

shabbat goy posted:

:eyepop: there's more?!

Also my friend told me that 星球争霸 is just "Star Wars" (it literally translates to planet hegemony) so the "Star" in English at the beginning is redundant. He said it can also mean Star Craft like the video game..

Yeah something I meant to put in there just came in today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urodov

the chinese word for planet is literally "star ball" true story

• Locked thread