Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Neeksy posted:

The continued Morning Mimosa duo is amazing, they're the best new thing from the TBS seasons.

It helps that Casey Wilson and June Diane Rafael are best friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, ever since Greg and Terry broke up they've pretty much completely dropped the news stuff. They did the episode where they had to find a replacement anchor and that has been about it.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I never got the Reginald hate. I always found most of his scenes genuinely funny.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Still being able to add stuff that is strong enough to reoccur is a good sign for the long term health of the show. When was the last time The Simpsons did that? TBS is the greatest network ever. I love TBS.

What else do I need to do to convince TBS to support this show forever? I will do it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Isn't that storage unit doctor from a previous episode?

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah, the one with Stan's Treedad and the Bazooka Sharks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

FlamingLiberal posted:

Isn't that storage unit doctor from a previous episode?

When Steve wanted to be taller, and Billy was the 'see? It works!' exhibit.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Maybe TBS will just keep adding characters till we get another bus crash at episode 300 and wipe the slate clean.

:rip: Bobby the Bullet

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Who else was even on that bus? The neighbor's wife who kept trying to seduce Francine?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just realised Dr. Calgary is a pun on Dr. Caligari. :doh:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Neeksy posted:

The continued Morning Mimosa duo is amazing, they're the best new thing from the TBS seasons.

What's sad is I would watch Morning Mimosa every day.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
As someone who's most recent season was 10 after the move from Fox and who does not have cable, what's the best way to watch the latest seasons?

I miss this show, it's quality level is so much higher than Family Guy and the like I find it hilarious AD is the show that got moved, but I'm glad it's thriving on TBS. It's just unfortunate that Netflix only has up to season 10.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Season 11 just ended this summer, so there will be a lag before they show up on Netflix. About the only way to watch them right now is to buy the episodes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FlamingLiberal posted:

Who else was even on that bus? The neighbor's wife who kept trying to seduce Francine?

Clown with glasses :smith:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

FlamingLiberal posted:

Dick.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I always catch a few episodes in the afternoon and I was wondering what happened to her as well. She is a pretty good background character but just disappears at one point and is never heard from again like Terry.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Haley and Jeff can't conceive because the vacation goo from season 3 ruined her womb. There's the continuity

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Is Terry still in the opening titles?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The_Doctor posted:

Is Terry still in the opening titles?

Yes.

In all these years of watching this sequence, I never noticed this before.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 15, 2016

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

FlamingLiberal posted:

quote:

The episode marked its 100th episode by killing off 100 characters. The seen characters included in the count:

A dog killed in a gas station bathroom.
Mr. Kirkoff
Ted Feedler
Black-haired stripper from "G-String Circus"
Bjorn
Tanqueray
Paco
Belmonpan
Katie
Chipmunk Furry from "One Little Word"
Meg Penner
Mr. Aids
Meter attendant beaten up by Stan in "Meter Made"
Beauregard LaFontaine
Montague
Clifford
Bob Hope impersonator from "In Country...Club"
Woman with white blonde hair
Tall-headed man
Balding man with glasses seen at the Smith's party in "Homeland Insecurity"
Overweight woman seen at the Smith's party in "Homeland Insecurity"
Alejandro Roja
Pillow Hands McGraw
Bus Driver from "Of Ice and Men"
Ray
Matty Moyer
Gertie
Street racer from "Dungeons and Wagons"
Man with glasses and no tie
Casey
Coco
Arboreus
Arboreus gang member
Clown with Glasses
Duper
Brett Morris
Bobby the Bullet
Hotel manager

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

They weren't even consistent about the whole killing people off, as several of those people would show up in the background of later episodes

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Pretty sure Duper still shows up in eps..?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I was going to say that Duper has been in multiple episodes since then

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

They explain away Duper by saying it was a double. They do that in a few episodes where CIA characters die.

I'm still disappointed we don't get anymore of Stan's satanist friend. They really had something spacial there......

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Didn't Stan's satanist friend actually go to hell? I haven't watched that episode in ages, it's one of my favorite early ones. It's amazing how much this show has grown out of being a family guy clone, it's probably been the better show for almost 7 or 8 years now

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Considering how terrible FG has been since it was uncancelled, American Dad is the best comedy on Earth in comparison.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Carlosologist posted:

Didn't Stan's satanist friend actually go to hell? I haven't watched that episode in ages, it's one of my favorite early ones. It's amazing how much this show has grown out of being a family guy clone, it's probably been the better show for almost 7 or 8 years now

I'm going to say yes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I was going to say that Duper has been in multiple episodes since then

Haven't they cloned Duper also?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

muscles like this! posted:

Haven't they cloned Duper also?

American Dad wiki posted:

He has a crowd scene cameo in "100 A.D." where he dies in a bus crash. He returns as a clone of himself in "Son of Stan" where he states that he is the same except the old Duper was "married to some ugly bitch".

In "The Kidney Stays in the Picture", he has turned into a pile of goo from failing to return from a time travel mission on time. Here, he is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.

He's now really dead.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Carlosologist posted:

I'd say, save for the first few S1 eps, AmDad has absolutely been the better show.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Coaaab posted:

I'd say, save for the first few S1 eps, AmDad has absolutely been the better show.

There was the tendency to do FG-style gags (like, oddly enough, having Trump appear whenever somebody said "You're fired").

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Coaaab posted:

It's not even a question. I thought Family Guy was funny until maybe the third season. It's been just embarrassing since it premiered the second time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There was some discussion on one of my facebook groups about AD, a member was asking if the show had gotten any better because they were surprised it was on season 11, and many of us were very much yes!

I said that once it dropped the very basic "Conservative dad doesn't understand his family" and fully embraced the insanity the shows situation could bring, it became brilliant. Plus letting Roger out was one of the best decisions they made.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mister Kingdom posted:

He's now really dead.

But at least he managed to take a better high school year book photo!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Blazing Ownager posted:

As someone who's most recent season was 10 after the move from Fox and who does not have cable, what's the best way to watch the latest seasons?

I miss this show, it's quality level is so much higher than Family Guy and the like I find it hilarious AD is the show that got moved, but I'm glad it's thriving on TBS. It's just unfortunate that Netflix only has up to season 10.

I can't find season 11 streaming anywhere, but season 12 is up on TBS' site. http://www.tbs.com/shows/american-dad.html Not sure if you need a cable password or not.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I want Suckboy Tony to just turn up in the background in strange places, like Principal Lewis's office or the trunk of Bullock's car. Never remarked on - Bullock's getting a suitcase, there's Suckboy Tony, he shuts the trunk and no one pays any heed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"After the plaster cast dried, was that mug still my butthole?"

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think my favorite random character is the little kid with the super deep voice. had me cracking up each time

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I love that whenever Stan is doing something during the day the writers always include something about how Stan is missing work. The one where he was the bully work calls him, this past episode Francine asks him about it, and those are just off the top of my head. Stan always never seems concerned nor does the CIA seem to give 2 shits where he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

limp_cheese posted:

I love that whenever Stan is doing something during the day the writers always include something about how Stan is missing work. The one where he was the bully work calls him, this past episode Francine asks him about it, and those are just off the top of my head. Stan always never seems concerned nor does the CIA seem to give 2 shits where he is.

Kinda like how Homer still has his job the SNPP.