Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

paranoid randroid posted:

I understand it; it's not like it's hard. and it's not like people who think theyre making someone mad by saying "merry Christmas" are reachable.

its me, im the guy intentionally saying happy holidays to piss off christians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Uncle Wemus posted:

Im at work how was the speech and is there a link to it so i can show others

Same as the original one https://ourrevolution.com/keith-ellison-dnc-livestream/

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I used to say it because as a Jew I just genuinely actually do appreciate it when others remember Christian isn't the default for the season.

Now I say it just because I know there's odds it made at least one person I said it to this season seethe.

Serf
May 5, 2011

for real I hope Keith gets elected because I am fired up and ready to get my county organized. already talking to people about getting this poo poo started

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

do you moonlight as one of those Ivory Tower Professors from Jack Chick tracks that yells at christians to get out of your class for making you look like a fool with the simple truth that Jesus Christ is the light and the way

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Majorian posted:

A smart take.

Also there are so many tankies shrieking in rage right now that Ellison is saying social justice is important.

The worst thing the internet has done has grown a giant strawman field where there is no take too hot and no stance too dumb for people to see as their opposition. You're always going to see the dumbest motherfuckers saying the dumbest poo poo and you can't help but think the people who disagree with you are those people

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

A smart take.

Also there are so many tankies shrieking in rage right now that Ellison is saying social justice is important.
no there aren't moron

there never was a group of people who ever fit the berniebro fever dream

it was an invention of your own mind

someone like keith is what's been wanted all along

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

told y'all keith owned

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
because im definitely that one kid that concludes that if evolution is true then murder must be okay

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Majorian posted:

A smart take.

Like, I get that some people only possess one point of view on the world and think social justice is the only justice, but what kind of derp genuinely believes economic justice can happen without social justice? Is that a thing? Do people think Great Society was good and so was redlining?

Ok I mean yeah obviously idiot racists think that but I mean people who think they're actually helping everyone.

E:

rudatron posted:

no there aren't moron

Oh ok I get it. :argh: BERNIEBROS! :argh:

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 03:47 on Dec 15, 2016

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

paranoid randroid posted:

do you moonlight as one of those Ivory Tower Professors from Jack Chick tracks that yells at christians to get out of your class for making you look like a fool with the simple truth that Jesus Christ is the light and the way

i'm currently in training for that, i'd like to do it full time

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ganbatte, keith

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

rudatron posted:

no there aren't moron

I have literally spoken to these people my dude, just because Bernie wasn't one doesn't mean they literally never existed

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
if Keith wins and does well as DNC chair, he could be a legit contender for 2020

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

if Keith wins and does well as DNC chair, he could be a legit contender for 2020

Id vote for him in a heartbeat if he ran, but my lack of faith in humanity says actual Muslim may be a bridge too far

Id still vote for him in the primary and hope for the best though!

But Keith is like 55 or something. If hes a good organizer (E: as DNC chair, I dont doubt his past record!) it may be worthwhile to have him in the DNC chair for awhile to get the party off the ground before taking a shot at the Presidency.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Keith Ellison is the candidate Bernie Sanders needed to be in 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

keith owns but being a muslim ensures he will not be prez because people are poo poo

he will be a loud voice for the party however

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Cubey posted:

keith owns but being a muslim ensures he will not be prez because people are poo poo

we said that about a black dude with a muslim name 9 years ago

Serf
May 5, 2011

if Keith kicks rear end as the DNC, I want this man organizing us forever

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

nice

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I have literally spoken to these people my dude, just because Bernie wasn't one doesn't mean they literally never existed

Stfu

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Well someone somewhere decided that Merry Christmas should be changed to Happy Holidays, and I think it's safe to say who the gently caress cares whether someone says Merry Christmas or not?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm happy that someone gets it. :unsmith:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

docbeard posted:

I actually am. Hillary Clinton is many things, but I never would have put "idiot" on the list. (Then again, I doubt she had much to do with direct campaign strategy, so "person who hires idiots" is probably more accurate.)

she voted to invade iraq to look for imaginary wmd. she ran a primary campaign without knowing how delegates were won. how did people not notice she is stupid?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Majorian posted:

A smart take.

no there aren't

the economic vs social justice thing was always a wedge pushed by establishment centrists

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm a yard sign and I vote!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Cubey posted:

I believe the same sad thing, but if Keith ever floats the idea, we gotta support that poo poo and vote in the primaries and do everything we can, cause the dude is good

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Random take:

Most people, in their hearts, suspect that with the current political establishment most green energy manufacturing jobs are going to disappear overseas just as quickly as all the other manufacturing jobs, that 'education' means 'you still won't have a job but now you'll be in a ton of debt' and therefore that 'green energy jobs and education!' is a fig leaf for the Democrat establishment to pretend they have a solution for the working class when it isn't going to amount to much of anything.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

FuriousxGeorge posted:

she voted to invade iraq to look for imaginary wmd. she ran a primary campaign without knowing how delegates were won. how did people not notice she is stupid?

Hillary isn't stupid. She's a nerd. She knows a whole lot about everything but has difficulty expressing it in normal people speak because she's built up a bubble over the decades and has difficulty relating to people or events outside that bubble. She would be a great think tank person, and I hope her post political career still involves policy work, so long as she's not in charge of implementing any of it.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Not a Step posted:

Hillary isn't stupid.

prove it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

lazorexplosion posted:

Random take:

Most people, in their hearts, suspect that with the current political establishment most green energy manufacturing jobs are going to disappear overseas just as quickly as all the other manufacturing jobs, that 'education' means 'you still won't have a job but now you'll be in a ton of debt' and therefore that 'green energy jobs and education!' is a fig leaf for the Democrat establishment to pretend they have a solution for the working class when it isn't going to amount to much of anything.

p much. it's always been a "loving STUDY AND GET A REAL JOB YOU LOSER" dogwhistle from establishment dems.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
australia's favorite political ...... uh, youtuber? has weighed in on why clinton lost!

He, like Vegemite, is very much an acquired taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uTL7xRNXWI

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Clawtopsy posted:

australia's favorite political ...... uh, youtuber? has weighed in on why clinton lost!

sorry this is actually australia's greatest youtuber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB9SL-mZtVY

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

anime was right posted:

we said that about a black dude with a muslim name 9 years ago

It turns out that guy was running against the absolute worst campaigner of all time in the primary

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot
lol when the gently caress did Majorian get the balls to start posting in c-spam again after the crushing humiliation of Clinton's loss?

he was sucking id politics dick and smugging it up about the fall of the privileged (poor as poo poo) whites more than anyone

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

This isn't Shooter Williamson

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Clawtopsy posted:

nice try, but australia isn't real

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Clawtopsy posted:

that man is clearly wearing a wig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
so is the youtuber

• Locked thread