Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
The problem is all that good content is gated behind the story quest. You literally cant access the good content without doing the bad.

And the fetch quests are more certainly not exclusively side quests. I cant even count the number of times I had to go turn in a quest to Minfilia in The Waking Sands only to be told to go talk to Alphinaud in Ul'dah only to then be sent to talk to some random NPC in another zone. Then Minfilia moves to some other city and the process repeats itself all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Like I said, 3.0 and on they moved lovely fetch quests out of the MSQ. And there's like 2 dungeons behind the MSQ in 2.x, all the other dungeons and all raids are sidequests you can unlock whenever.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on the other hand, it was pretty easy to cheat in ff15. I had to hold off on getting the world first for the first 5? bosses in the bahumat content because it was so easy to no clip through the floor and disable the bosses while your party could still hit him.

If anyone was in my ifrit and garuda grps I ran as "GyaruGal" hit me up, I wouldnt mind ruining a new MMO

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Yeah, but the problem is you have to do all the content before 3.0 which includes dozens of tedious fetch quests.

The dungeons are the best part of the MSQ too. I dont get why that would be considered a problem.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
I have a couple of hellswamp properties (including one 24x assuming nobody has gotten cute and put down an 8x8 to block it) I am trying to get rid of. It's not as valuable as it used to be for packs, but still a good staging spot out of the new zone. PM me if you want, I will demo for free to a returning goon. First come first serve. I'll be on (Aranzeb) tonight to demo.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Queued up early this morning. Managed to get in by 10:30am. Run all the green quests. Get my 15+ gilda. Do the blue salt quests for the 8x8 farm, go to port to mirage island to buy my house plans.... Crash to desktop. Restart the game, no grace period, 1100 people in front of me in the queue. So close to actually placing my poo poo down, but now I probably won't be back in the game until this evening. Trino.jpg

EDIT: After the maintenance, I managed to get my garden and house down in Solis before being disconnected. So little land has been taken there.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 12, 2016

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

What's the best thing to put in my little farm to make money and how do I get the wood to build my house????

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I've been getting in fine and having a decent time, sorry so many of you got boned though. :( I had fun exploring for a while, got a name I always covet in mmos, and put down a little farm in Solis. :shobon:

For the guy above me, you get wood from chopping trees. Try to find grown wild trees or plant some trees in a secret spot that's hard to find, then come back to get them later. As for what to plant there should be guides online, look up trade packs for regions and find what one sounds the most appealing to make. :)

I think it also helps I have 0 expectations of this game and am the type of person who swaps between 3 games at once, if one isn't working or I'm not feeling like it, I just play one of the others. Rimworld and Pokémon are my other two until the new Story of Seasons comes out aaaaaaa

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Carmant posted:

What's the best thing to put in my little farm to make money and how do I get the wood to build my house????

Also each character is allowed to plant 5 items in the public farms, which get 24hrs of protection before vulnerable. 5 cork trees seems to be the best.

A Spider Covets posted:

I think it also helps I have 0 expectations of this game and am the type of person who swaps between 3 games at once, if one isn't working or I'm not feeling like it, I just play one of the others. Rimworld and Pokémon are my other two until the new Story of Seasons comes out aaaaaaa

Rimworld owns

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Eltoasto posted:

Rimworld owns

I just had a small army of mechanoids raid me and I think it may lead to the slow decline and eventual death of my colony. In the chaos I'm still not sure exactly what happened but 3 settlers got either blown up so hard or they burned or something that they didn't even leave bodies for me to bury and I lost all their gear (two charge rifles, fffff). One person actually did leave a corpse to bury but now I'm out a skilled crafter, cook and animal tender with mediocre replacements for most of them. My crafter can't make components to rebuild all the turrets yet and my cook is making basic meals so no mood bonuses and two of my remaining colonists are having mental breaks like every day since their husband and wife were killed so they'll wander around naked in the extreme desert until they collapse or just start setting everything on fire.

Still have my human leather comfy chair though god dammit.

Archeage Sucks.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

That's the best/worst part of rimworld. Rarely do your colonies fail because of one short event, but often it's a series of events or a slow, agonizing crash of dysfunction.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Games that make losing a hilarious experience are the best

I never played Dwarf Fortress but I'm told I have to try it now, and I think I will!

Drakkus
May 14, 2002

yum~

CompeAnansi posted:

So little land has been taken there.

I think it depends a lot on the zone. A friend and I went for the snowy dwarf zone last night for aesthetic reasons, and the housing plots near the crafting workbench were completely full already. (We did manage to find space, but it was off in the corner of the zone.)

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

OpticalRape posted:

pls join baka on east

I'm not even sure if this was serious, but the guild is full anyways.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

albion online, black desert online, elder scrolls online, pretty much any game with an 'online' at the end of it

elder scrolls still doesn't have a free trial, I don't trust a game that wants 60 bucks up front.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/5hygc3/free_snek_pet_from_razer_account_required_and_min/

Reminds me of that thread where that one goon went completely insane over Razer. ANyone got a link? It's the one where the dude just breaks down into writing some insanely violent/sexual story throughout the thread, got goldmined iirc

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 13, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This thread should be merged with the Wildstar one as the "general talk about bad fuckup MMOs" thread.

Logic
Jan 8, 2009
So I can't have characters on both a legacy and a fresh start server...wtf does that matter. I deleted my characters on my old server but the one says it will take 7 days to delete, do I have to wait that long before I can join one of the new servers?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Logic posted:

So I can't have characters on both a legacy and a fresh start server...wtf does that matter. I deleted my characters on my old server but the one says it will take 7 days to delete, do I have to wait that long before I can join one of the new servers?

Can't have a fresh start character with an account that has ever had a legacy character, deleting won't change that. Gotta make a new one. And it's required because it's a fresh start, no account linkage with old wealth.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
For real, though, what guilds are the goons on east reckoning joining?

EDIT: Fun fact! If you're in queue and had to hit alt-enter to get the server screen to show after being disconnected, DO NOT hit alt-enter again after the queue window pops up to fix your window. It will kick you out of the queue. I dropped from ~150 to 1650 as a result.

EDIT2: Haven't made it any further because the queue is incredibly unstable. Since I actually got some land I might just give up on playing this for a few days. It is literally unplayable.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 13, 2016

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

CompeAnansi posted:

For real, though, what guilds are the goons on east reckoning joining?

EDIT: Fun fact! If you're in queue and had to hit alt-enter to get the server screen to show after being disconnected, DO NOT hit alt-enter again after the queue window pops up to fix your window. It will kick you out of the queue. I dropped from ~150 to 1650 as a result.

EDIT2: Haven't made it any further because the queue is incredibly unstable. Since I actually got some land I might just give up on playing this for a few days. It is literally unplayable.

The trick to beating the queue is to play on Vengeance. You'll only have to deal with the server being dead in a week; as opposed to two weeks for Reckoning!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I play Aranzeb, no queues, just a bunch of asshurt babies.

NeoSanguine
Jan 7, 2015

This is my swamp.
Whats with the server poo poo show? Are a lot of people coming back or something?

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

So I played this game with real life buddies awhile back, but heard it went full P2W. How exactly is this game P2W? Can I like buy weapons now or something? Do people just pump thousands of dollars into in game currency or something? How does P2W work in this game? :confused:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Mux posted:

So I played this game with real life buddies awhile back, but heard it went full P2W. How exactly is this game P2W? Can I like buy weapons now or something? Do people just pump thousands of dollars into in game currency or something? How does P2W work in this game? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVFBcuw1QtU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

It is literally unplayable.

These 4 words are AA is a shell.

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Can't have a fresh start character with an account that has ever had a legacy character, deleting won't change that. Gotta make a new one. And it's required because it's a fresh start, no account linkage with old wealth.
How does that even make sense?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Too Poetic posted:

They don't want people with a million credits from their previous servers or something.

Also an update: servers were working fine; Trion took them down, servers no longer working. I guess they broke the queue even more.

Too bad I have nothing to do in FFXIV and I don't really care for any other MMOs.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I got in on Aranzeb a bit ago!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Rimworld update: Today was finals so I haven't played much since the last time but I might actually pull through with this colony. At one point, of the remaining six colonists, two had the plague including my doctor and my backup doctor/backup chef-in-training had muscle parasites. I think a raid at this time would have killed me off but there were none until I managed to buy a slave and pull someone from an earlier raid out of a cryo-chamber and press-gang recruit them into helping, then I managed to capture a raider with high ballistic skill to replace my original construction/shooter that lost an arm to some bullshit with a granite dead fall trap and an eye to scythers. Turrets are re-built, colony population is back up, human leather comfy chair still present.

Archeage still sucks.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Too Poetic posted:

Credits attach to your account, not your character. So you could sell all your saleable stuff on the old server for gold, use the gold to buy to buy APEX off the auction house, convert the APEX to credits on your account, and then roll a new character with access to thousands of 'old' credits. Then use those credits to buy privileges on the new server.

This way if you want to buy privileges on the new server you'll have to spend new cash money. And probably some nonsense about fairness.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

I got in on Aranzeb a bit ago!

Just logged into my old account and tried to log in to Aranzeb, but I get the same poo poo I do with trying to log into the "Fresh" servers. Meaning I immediately disconnect after trying to connect to a server. Just watched a streamer connect and the immediately get disconnected.

I really need to find something better to do with my life.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
It's not a good game and you shouldn't play it

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Evil_Greven posted:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Evil_Greven posted:

It's a good game and you should play it

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt posted:

Credits attach to your account, not your character. So you could sell all your saleable stuff on the old server for gold, use the gold to buy to buy APEX off the auction house, convert the APEX to credits on your account, and then roll a new character with access to thousands of 'old' credits. Then use those credits to buy privileges on the new server.

This way if you want to buy privileges on the new server you'll have to spend new cash money. And probably some nonsense about fairness.

they are only doing this poo poo because the whales get pissy when the free players start to catch up. A fresh start is really the best time to spend tons of real money

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Which server/guild are all of the active goons on?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Evil_Greven posted:

PCOS Bill posted:

Ignore me!

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Flavor Truck posted:

Which server/guild are all of the active goons on?

Considering the # of posts this thread gets I'm going to guess that they're aren't very many goons still playing AA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
There aren't many of us, but we're mostly on Reckoning (good luck logging in) and we're split between east and west. I'm east, but I doubt I'll actually get to play for more than 10 mins a day with the current disconnect issues.

• Locked thread