Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

alf_pogs posted:

on the phone my mum doxxed her neighbours, told me all about how Mr Gregory has been stealin fruit from someone else's tree

I think at this point you are pretty much obligated to buy them accounts. They would fit right in like a fine driving glove fit for banking a limited edition Porsche around tight turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

lol like that's stopped them before

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

golf

swing

is

in

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

golf

swing

is

in

Finally some new gameplay mechanics. Good on WTFOSaurus!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
When one of the highlights of your $140 million games big update is a new loading screen :negative:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

A new loading screen? Wow, that means 25% of everything you see during a game is changed!

Also lol that the BDSSE couldn't handle a few NPCs.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
How many clubs can you equip on the hardpoints of an Idris?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Sappo569 posted:

Ok now you on the left, avoid that flickering texture.. good... good, HEY you the Asian kid, don't even think about trying to vault. It will crash everything.

For god sakes people look like you're having fun, we're paying ourselves a lot of money so shape up

We will stay here all day until we get this right folks, everything has to be PERFECT !!!

"You! Remember, you have to pres A and THEN W -- make the scripted video believable, come on!"

"Hey!, I saw you move mouse right, the screen showed him looking down! Come on, is this amateur hour?! Where are the vets from the Gamescom demo!"

"I saw that Mr. Telegraphed movement with key pressings! Come on, really sell i-- Oh, Sandi, yes m'lady, the sale posting is loaded and awaiting your 'post.' yes, your grace, we are all ready for thy bidding and the peons are behind the computers awaiting your marching orders."

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

You know, on second thought...have Lesnick "burst" through the brick wall with a pitcher of Kool-Aid.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Colostomy Bag posted:

You know, on second thought...have Lesnick "burst" through the brick wall with a pitcher of Kool-Aid.

jokes on you, its actually crobbers

I will make a stapuff marshmallow one for Ben

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

a cyberpunk goose posted:

while this point might work against me in the context of CiG, i have to say it: big businesses that are shipping profitable products (bethesda games) are rarely going to take the time to fix-up fundamental issues in their engines unless they really really _really_ have to, by the time you barely ship & patch & maintain the game you're working on right this second, plans and concept work are already happening for the next project, the game programmers don't all go into a big room and start putting stickies on the wall for things they wanna clean up tech-debt wise and get "ready" for the next project. the next project is already on the rails and the minute they are done with their current project they are yanked off and are prototyping elements of what's to come.

the time to get certain kinds of axiomatic engine-bound things right is usually the first time, anything else will be written off as a waste of money and time by the money wizards above you. a healthy company tries to balance tech debt against product deadlines, but rarely can core engine things just "be fixed". like, oh you want to change how the sorting works for this kind of scene? well that's impossible because the way the realtime lighting is set up for this scene means you'd have to use an entirely different scheme for how such and such is calculated and now you also have to update all the gizmos and level editing tools that work with said lights. or we could say "hey our engine isn't meant for this kind of scene that requires this kind of sorting, let's just hide the issues with it by doing $HACK and get this thing shipped"

this doesn't help paint CiG in a good light though because it's not their engine and CryTek is falling apart and CryEngine is already a crufty mess of very specific hacks to make Crysis-like games work. NOT big mega space mmos with no specific scope.
Clearly you know nothing about game development. Wow look at you posting nonsense. If I could downvote you I would.

Good post and your username reminds me of being very upset at Star Goose.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Called it. All of it. Like since the minute they "released" it.

Where's MoMa? Or is he off enjoying his 12x12 sessions of SM? :grin:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

If you ever watched Community, in an episode Abed decides to make a movie about the bible.

Then the movie needs to be meta so he is making a movie about the making of a movie about the bible.

Then it needs to be more meta so he is making a movie where the guy who is making the movie about making a movie about the bible turns out to be jesus.

Then it needs to be even more meta so abed, the guy making the movie where the guy who is making the movie about making a movie about jesus turns out to be jesus, turns out to be jesus.

The third act of the episode was Abed realizing this was stupid and dumb and cancelling the whole thing. Unfortunately FYAD is stuck at the second act of this story where they are so meta they don't even understand it and internet forum life never makes them change in any way so they can just stay at that comfortable, incredibly stupid level of meta.

I'd say close FYAD down permanently and try and adapt these people to a regular forums experience, but people like FAU desperate for their validation are only going to enable them so we all have to put up with 6 level deep ironic shitposting that has no point in the first place.

Good take on people who have never posted here, by the guy who's never posted in FYAD.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Just a small reminder that the cool chillaxed forum where you can compare subforum history with the latest episode of Luther decided it'd be a hellacious prank to buy me an avatar with an IRL picture of me. Doxxing is bad, and stalking people online all day because they like the wrong videogame (and also for pointing out how hosed up that is) is really really really messed up. Only a truly insane man would do those things.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ArfJason posted:

Just a small reminder that the cool chillaxed forum where you can compare subforum history with the latest episode of Luther decided it'd be a hellacious prank to buy me an avatar with an IRL picture of me. Doxxing is bad, and stalking people online all day because they like the wrong videogame (and also for pointing out how hosed up that is) is really really really messed up. Only a truly insane man would do those things.

i don't think this happened!! i think you are doing a lie

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
this is exactly how i dont care about your boring pathetic troll_ [400 pages of a thesis like diatribe on how the irrelevant dead gay forum is bad, with proper quote sourcing to the relevant Always Sunny episodes at the end]

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Fat Shat Sings posted:

If you ever watched Community, in an episode Abed decides to make a movie about the bible.

Then the movie needs to be meta so he is making a movie about the making of a movie about the bible.

Then it needs to be more meta so he is making a movie where the guy who is making the movie about making a movie about the bible turns out to be jesus.

Then it needs to be even more meta so abed, the guy making the movie where the guy who is making the movie about making a movie about jesus turns out to be jesus, turns out to be jesus.

The third act of the episode was Abed realizing this was stupid and dumb and cancelling the whole thing. Unfortunately FYAD is stuck at the second act of this story where they are so meta they don't even understand it and internet forum life never makes them change in any way so they can just stay at that comfortable, incredibly stupid level of meta.

I'd say close FYAD down permanently and try and adapt these people to a regular forums experience, but people like FAU desperate for their validation are only going to enable them so we all have to put up with 6 level deep ironic shitposting that has no point in the first place.
these gimmick trolls are lame but this post justifies another 100+ pages of them.

Call your parents commando :(

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
e. nevermind that's too much for this shitposter

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

When Variable closed his account they returned some items to me. I had to call them out on it though. I'm curious as to what they would do if the excess money was supposed to go to an account that had already been closed.

It appears so, up to the total spent on the account.

Their supposed argument is "money laundering" but in reality it's because they want to keep as much money as possible. I checked the total value of my account before I requested a refund and the total value of the packages is less than the total value I spent, so that shouldn't be a problem. I made sure to keep track of every expense before I requested a refund so if they do something like lock or close my account before settling the funds I'll be able to call them out and provide a proper complaint. I'm getting the impression that they really don't want to do that though. Ray has been very polite and professional in his exchanges with me, which I appreciate.

Yeah, what a surprise. Why refund EVERYTHING if you don't have to. And REALLY not surprised on them trying to rook you on the stuff from Variable, oh ye faithless heretical apostate. They rely on everyone else taking everything on faith, so why shouldn't Accounting too? I am exceedingly sure said money to a closed account would somehow be consumed by processing fees for the 17.5 second search they would do for the correct owner.

(Glad Ray's not being a pikey bastard, even if their record keeping is, I am sure, a bodge job.)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

I am disappointed to learn that sonicautists.com is not a real site

What is the genesis of "Disco Lando"

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

nawledgelambo posted:

jokes on you, its actually crobbers

I will make a stapuff marshmallow one for Ben

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Arf putting in overtime with this sweet oh noes i been doxxed gimmick.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ArfJason posted:

Alright.
It's cool that av purchases can't be traced thanks to these hack forums code, which allowed whoever found that personal site of mine (which has no links to my username or any of my handles btw, so the only way to find it is to know my real name) to buy IRL pictures of me as an avatar.
You loving weirdos win.

loving doxxers man

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

lul

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

I agree that it's not right to doxx people

But what if it is your parents?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Glad to see the dumpster fire is warming up for Friday's disaster.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Ive noticed theyve deleted several posts in the disco thread. I only realized because it was 3 pages long earlier.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361430/community-manager-s-log-and-schedule-december-12th-2016

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Whats happening on Friday?

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Light Purges - there's a 3 page one in the concern forum.

Kakarot posted:

Whats happening on Friday?

Holiday stream, last chance for CIG to show off the vaunted SQ42 demo.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
CIG late on a ship sale!! Now I'm starting to get worried about the company.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

cool new Polack jokes posted:

What is the genesis of "Disco Lando"
Ol' Jared started out as just another dorky backer. When Wingman's Hangar was a thing (the weekly update show replaced by ATV), Jared would send in video questions and the like featuring a Lando doll. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrHwV-j7t9U&t=44s

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Light Purges - there's a 3 page one in the concern forum.

Holiday stream, last chance for CIG to show off the vaunted SQ42 demo.

I know. They were both 3.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

loving doxxers man

So how much is a bean babby worth these days?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I don't agree with everything FYAD is saying but, some of you are taking internet spaceships way too seriously. Please talk to people irl or go for a walk or something.

goth smoking cloves fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 15, 2016

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

spacetoaster posted:

So how much is a bean babby worth these days?

5 UEC

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
On :reddit:, shills are busy explaining away the Hull-E based on their dreams right now, and just reading this poo poo from the QA (posted 2 years ago?) brings up poo poo like this:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14688-Hull-E

Just a reminder to all of you blind-eye optimistic citizens following this thread, all of this is expected from a company who has a bug-ridden disaster of an FPS built into an engine made for FPS, now almost 2 years in the making.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Surely CIG will be able to poo poo out 2.6 into the ptu and finally into live in two weeks

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Surely CIG will be able to poo poo out 2.6 into the ptu and finally into live in two weeks

never underestimate what they can't achieve

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

This is a good post. Also watch part 1 to learn about Doom 4's development hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsoVQWnSOfM&t=537s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

This is a good post. Also watch part 1 to learn about Doom 4's development hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsoVQWnSOfM&t=537s

watch all the parts, that doco is great