Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

yaay posted:

but will you

Maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

johntherussian posted:

Had my best Locust match ever last night. Couldn't clutch the win though unfortunately. It was pretty close though.

jesus

Thronde posted:

Right, need some Marauder IIC builds. The Scorch I'm loving with is 3x LPL and 4x ERSL, does okay, runs hot as balls. The Hero variant I haven't a loving clue, 4x ASRM6 is kinda meh, and the low-slung guns are a bitch to hit with. I'll probably keep it as it and see if it does okay in city maps or something. The D gets ECM which is super nice on an 85 tonner.

2 LBX/10 and 4 SRM6/A on the hero seems to be brutal

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Please do not give pgi money

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Artificer posted:

Please do not give pgi money

If you don't give PGI money, they won't make Mechwarrior 5.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Artificer posted:

Buff the clans
Buff the carv
Praise higby

haha

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Thronde posted:

Right, need some Marauder IIC builds. The Scorch I'm loving with is 3x LPL and 4x ERSL, does okay, runs hot as balls. The Hero variant I haven't a loving clue, 4x ASRM6 is kinda meh, and the low-slung guns are a bitch to hit with. I'll probably keep it as it and see if it does okay in city maps or something. The D gets ECM which is super nice on an 85 tonner.

Don't own one but have seen people suggesting something like this and it looks loving awesome.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

johntherussian posted:

If you don't give PGI money, they won't make Mechwarrior 5.

That's when they get my money and not till then. Also loving hell that Locust match. What kind of Meth/Bath Salt/Cocaine mixture are you on to do that much goddamn damage in a Locust?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Captain Rufus posted:

That's when they get my money and not till then. Also loving hell that Locust match. What kind of Meth/Bath Salt/Cocaine mixture are you on to do that much goddamn damage in a Locust?

besides pre-nerf Kodiak I can't think of any other mech I routinely beat my whole team on when it comes to damage, getting to fight whenever you want and being a last priority target in a fire fight lets you shoot tons of alphas into people, also hunting dumb LRM boats.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

b) the clan dropdeck is still ridiculously efficient and giving IS 15 more tons to play with doesnt actually change this in any way

Whats the best 45 ton or under IS mech for the IS CW? this may actually change my gameplan up. if i ever have to faction again.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

TheParadigm posted:

Whats the best 45 ton or under IS mech for the sphere? this may actually change my gameplan up. if i ever have to faction again.

Blackjack?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Follow up: any worthwhile builds for the loyalty blackjack?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
2 MLs, 4 SRM4s? Though I might class that as more "passable" than worthwhile. I haven't touched it in weeks.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Captain Rufus posted:

There are a lot of really good locust pilots, those are some of the better numbers.

tbf, there are a lot relly bad ones... but at T2-T1: only people that know how to. drive them.

jtr and commoners are the best I've seen since ohsh and g1mmel used to go hog-wild in metal babies.

e: ryott too, but he was just good at every robot.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

TheParadigm posted:

Follow up: any worthwhile builds for the loyalty blackjack?

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=463&l=c651fa2e55f9ebd1b2a692ad919d4cb31d2f3aaf

If artemis is reallllllly important to you, drop the JJs and engine a little for it. Or go XL, but you can fit it without an XL and in SRM range why would you if you don't have to.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I need all your tips on being the best Urbanmech driver ever.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Never not be near an assault, never not shooting.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Use jumpjets and never back away from targets, turn around and run away. Always be pivoting and turning during a brawl

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Remember to put your dapper urbanmech on your dashboard.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
always use the kodiak warhorn in an urbie

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest

FARTSTAR posted:

always use the kodiak warhorn in an urbie

Oh poo poo! I left that in my Locust.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Captain Rufus posted:

armchairyoda posted:

jtr and commoners are the best I've seen since ohsh and g1mmel used to go hog-wild in metal babies.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I've made a vindicator 1r that performs okay, and does pretty good in scouting. Lots of clan mechs are piling streaks and mgs, which the vindicator handles really well with its structure -> armor buff that it just received. All I do with this is open a volley on clan mech legs at range, blast them again when they enter brawling range, and then exit the fight by jumping over something so I can peck at them from range. It doesn't do well on really hot maps like caustic valley or terra therma, but on average temp or cool maps it is able to chop off clan legs really well.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=206&l=7c35c87c6b28968bf2f7371ee12ca3d2418a5866

Also, the PHX3S is a hilariously effective scout mech. I mounted an ERLL and two medium lasers on it, and it is able to very effectively kite clan mechs forever, especially if they didn't bring any ERMLs, ERLLs, or ERLPLs. Having arms and jump jets means you can run directly away from the enemy, jump, air twist, fire, and then land and masc back up to full speed away from them, so as long as you're piloting correctly they are never actually able to close distance on you unless they're in a cheetah, but you can just tear those apart anyway.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Dec 15, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know if I'd be confident of killing an ACH using just one large and 2 medium lasers before it shot off my arms or something in a PHX.

But hey if it works for you keep doing it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

armchairyoda posted:

There are a lot of really good locust pilots, those are some of the better numbers.

tbf, there are a lot relly bad ones... but at T2-T1: only people that know how to. drive them.

e: ryott too, but he was just good at every robot.

none of them were a patch on modpud :neverforget:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

johntherussian posted:

Had my best Locust match ever last night. Couldn't clutch the win though unfortunately. It was pretty close though.

:tipshat:

As a fellow light pilot that is an awesome match, I think the closest I ever came to that is like 800 damage in the E locust.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Thronde posted:

Here's the builds from gman, the guy that runs metamechs.com: http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=4140.0

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

aniviron posted:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=463&l=c651fa2e55f9ebd1b2a692ad919d4cb31d2f3aaf

If artemis is reallllllly important to you, drop the JJs and engine a little for it. Or go XL, but you can fit it without an XL and in SRM range why would you if you don't have to.

I run the artemis version of this from metamechs and, while being pretty fragile, you can do stupidly well with it in brawl-friendly maps.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

please don't let pgi know that there are still brawl-friendly maps

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Oh Snapple! posted:

please don't let pgi know that there are still brawl-friendly maps

I guess correction: the build does well on River City if you sneak along the edges of the map and loop back around and shoot LRM boating assaults in the rear end.

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.
The 7 MG shadowcat is hilarity to play. Not OP at all as people just freeze trying to see.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Commoners posted:

vindicator stuff

Hey, no fair posting good mechs. :colbert:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Just written completely out of the history I see well I never :mad:

Edit: cheesetriangles too. The cheeseraven was disgusting in its day lmao

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
I've been using this loadout from metamechs as a PPC jumpsniper

VND-1AA

It's kinda fun? It's still a vindicator but it gets this for quirks

PPC VELOCITY: 50.00 %
PPC HEAT GENERATION: -15.00 %
ENERGY HEAT GENERATION: -10.00 %
MISSILE COOLDOWN: 15.00 %
MISSILE VELOCITY: 10.00 %
ARMOR BONUS (CT): 14.00
ARMOR BONUS (LT): 11.00
ARMOR BONUS (RT): 11.00
ARMOR BONUS (LA): 12.00
ARMOR BONUS (RA): 12.00
ARMOR BONUS (LL): 11.00
ARMOR BONUS (RL): 11.00

I'd love to try a team of four of these on Polar scouting one day

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Paramemetic posted:

Just written completely out of the history I see well I never :mad:

Edit: cheesetriangles too. The cheeseraven was disgusting in its day lmao

Para I remember u as the finest of Huginn pilots

come back my dude

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I run this for the 1AA

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=207&l=f811a6d1757b0848badf3e5b1345766d359d436f

Head armor is overrated.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Find other urbanmechs, pile up inside an overcoat and pretend you are an atlas.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I might come back but use a HOTAS

not because it would be good but because I can write an AHK script to let me inform everyone they were killed by a joystick user every time I kill someone

edit: like the time I killed a guy with a Jenner while using a Wacom pen

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

PPCs work really poorly on scouting, and even more poorly on mechs that can be easily run down by all of the clan mechs that you'll be facing. The VND1AA is okay for ppc shooting in quickplay though.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 15, 2016

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

R60:

Run a STD180 and two ERLLs (machine gun builds are OK but there are better mechs for that). Get behind a ridge or a friendly assault, fire your lasers, tank any return fire with your deadside. Repeat basically forever because you last forever.

R63:

Run a XL180 and two LPLs in the torsos. Hover around the edges of the battlefield poking pretty much nonstop. After every shot, pretend you're at the Bolshoi and start spinning and jumping to spread the damage all around.

R60L:

You could run some lasers but why. Run a STD100, an AC/20, and 21 rounds of ammo. Hug the fattest brawler on your team and shoot whatever he's shooting (preferably from between his legs for extra style points). Get 400 damage every match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I haven't played since the model rescale are light mechs actually small enough to be difficult targets at a distance now?

• Locked thread