Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The D-League becoming a legit NBA minor league is cool and good, will definitely help a team develop continuity for its systems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Away all Goats posted:

Don't know if you've seen this but it's pretty cool. Some of the clips feature lebron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwocezhA6cI

This was really awesome. Thanks for posting it!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

Harden now has as many triple doubles as Hakeem did for the Rockets.

:drat: That's pretty impressive.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hakeem only had one triple double a year or so but had a quadruple double. Go figure.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If all the players had to give up was likeness control, that's a good deal and the superstar players really did the rest of the league a solid since most players all but two or three players get the same payday from EA anyway.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Does that mean I'll get Chuck in NBA 2K finally or current players only

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Rockets have made 43 (22 and 21) three-pointers against the Kings in two games

23 is the single game record. :catstare:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
And today's the drat day D'Antoni decided to throw in McDaniels & the third string crew with more than a minute to go.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Away all Goats posted:

Don't know if you've seen this but it's pretty cool. Some of the clips feature lebron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwocezhA6cI

Thank you for the new channel to watch instead of working

DeimosRising posted:

Hakeem only had one triple double a year or so but had a quadruple double. Go figure.

He also missed a second quadruple double by one assist

WhyteRyce posted:

I'd imagine Morey is interested because he thinks he can get him for the usual Morey special of random crap players and second round picks and prospects

You'll take Brewer, Gary Payton Jr and a conditional 2018 second and you'll like it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Kings sat Cousins, Gay, and McLemore tonight. Any time you sit your first, second, and tenth best player you're in for a long night.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol apparently DMo removed the reference to being a Rockets player from his twitter bio

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

It seems the players mostly came out ahead

I dont believe it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Intruder posted:

Thank you for the new channel to watch instead of working

He also missed a second quadruple double by one assist

You'll take Brewer, Gary Payton Jr and a conditional 2018 second and you'll like it

I'd actually be thrilled with just Payton and a second :(

The Kings are only like a game out from the 8th seed. I wonder if they just keep Gay around because they'd rather make a long-shot playoff push with what they have rather than trade for a new 11th and 12th man.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Payton isn't actually on the Rockets roster so anyone can have him whenever. He scored 51 points!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

I'd actually be thrilled with just Payton and a second :(

The Kings are only like a game out from the 8th seed. I wonder if they just keep Gay around because they'd rather make a long-shot playoff push with what they have rather than trade for a new 11th and 12th man.

Yeah because you wouldn't be paying Brewer $15m over the next two seasons. He's part of it, oh yes, he's a pill you must swallow

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

WhyteRyce posted:

The Kings sat Cousins, Gay, and McLemore tonight. Any time you sit your first, second, and tenth best player you're in for a long night.

Do you think this is a sign the Kings are prepping for a big trade?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
In that LNJ dunk the nets bench nearly goes nuts and then realizes it probably wouldn't be good to celebrate the death of their center.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The preseason should be cut in half. I know it's a giant scam for the owners but it's pointless for most teams. The regular season is forgiving enough in terms of making the playoffs that you don't need many preseason games to get ready. Maybe 30 years ago when the players wouldn't do poo poo in the offseason, but NBA players these days work their rear end off year round and are rarely out of shape.

I still contend that shortening the season about 10 games would be the best approach. Play other conference twice, your conference 3 times. The lockout season sucked for players from a condensed schedule but it was fun as hell when the games meant more.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Do you think this is a sign the Kings are prepping for a big trade?

Gay and McLemore are hurt but they've been available all year so who knows. Cousins, people connected to the org claim it was Joerger's call and pre-planned.

Intruder posted:

Yeah because you wouldn't be paying Brewer $15m over the next two seasons. He's part of it, oh yes, he's a pill you must swallow

Fine but there better be a another amnesty provision in the new CBA.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 15, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

The lockout season sucked poo poo if your team had players with serious but not season ending injuries.

I guess it'd be one way to increase the variance

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I dont believe it

I wonder if it was because they didn't push hard on getting other sources of revenue added to the BRI calculation.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

Gay and McLemore are hurt but they've been available all year so who knows. Cousins, people connected to the org claim it was Joerger's call and pre-planned.

Fine but there better be a another amnesty provision in the new CBA.

No amnesties from what I've read.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

https://twitter.com/7reevo/status/808561816435650560/photo/1

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

:lol: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18281509

Swaggy P pump faked on a free throw....and still missed.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
DEAR NBA COACH
please stop starting Pau Gasol
thank you

(I like Dedmon, Pau should be god coming off the bench. MAKE HIM CRY POP, he's basically French)

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I like to imagine that Draymond hasn't actually read the new CBA and just saw the unanimously positive reviews and couldn't resist sending off cryptic tweets in opposition to it

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

both of these are hilarious

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Punkin Spunkin posted:

DEAR NBA COACH
please stop starting Pau Gasol
thank you

(I like Dedmon, Pau should be god coming off the bench. MAKE HIM CRY POP, he's basically French)

Pau just had a statline of 17/13 with 6 assists on only 12 shots with no turnovers or fouls. This is the respect he gets.

I do love Dedmon though. Too bad he can't stay on the loving court.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

e: oops, the hour later double post

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
For those who want cliff notes, this looks like a reasonably readable review of the changes. Looks like 1 vet player gets to be designated a 6 year player, so that's a thing.
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/12/14/13198978/nba-cba-new-details-changes-differences-lockout

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lockback posted:

For those who want cliff notes, this looks like a reasonably readable review of the changes. Looks like 1 vet player gets to be designated a 6 year player, so that's a thing.
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/12/14/13198978/nba-cba-new-details-changes-differences-lockout

They realllllllllly don't want players forming superteam.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Remember when people said, "Free Cameron Payne"? Your team can free him, WhyteRyce. It will be a great victory for the civil rights movement.

edit:

Last night's performance will power Austin Rivers' ego for the next five season. At least.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Dec 15, 2016

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xaQyM_oIxM

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Higher quality: https://streamable.com/5sty

I think that's my new dunk of the year. Look where he takes off from

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
After noticing that Joe Ingles is leading the nba in 3pt % I looked him up and saw this

quote:

Ingles, who is Australian, once referred to Stephen Curry as "the American Joe Ingles,"

I like Joe Ingles

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

straight up brolic posted:

I like to imagine that Draymond hasn't actually read the new CBA and just saw the unanimously positive reviews and couldn't resist sending off cryptic tweets in opposition to it

Draymond opposes any new CBA that doesn't legalize dick-kicking.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

IcePhoenix posted:

Higher quality: https://streamable.com/5sty

I think that's my new dunk of the year. Look where he takes off from

Love when the opposing bench momentarily freaks ou. Foye looks like he had to be restrained to his seat from both sides.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I dont believe it

The union seems to have good leadership between the banana boaters and Roberts

and silver isn't an insane crazy man.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

straight up brolic posted:

He's the Golden State union rep so he's probably up to date on stuff, but it's hard to imagine what he's angry about. I'd guess fighting for more cash, the only other thing that seemed like a contentious issue was the one-and-done rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They punted one and done . Peace in our time!

• Locked thread