Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wazzit posted:

I used to really hate Crash Site, the spawns are really bad at the beginning of the match and if you're on a full team it will always start you at the bottom of the hill. I would at first try flanking but that would take too long to go all the way around and if I died it would spawn me where we initially started making it not really worth it, while the other team would just pull ahead. Lately I've started to really enjoy the map because I'll play like a ~~~garbage person~~~ and drop an amped wall at the bottom with a G2, shoot up at people that for some reason stand out in the open- once the spawns change (when our team makes it up the hill) or I get my Titan, I'll switch back to Alternator or R-201 with a stim kit.

:shrug: I hate the A-Wall but it's the only way I can enjoy that map with the initial spawn points it gives you. I think they should move the spawn points to maybe where the waterfall area is and in the back area by C to create less of an uphill struggle but what do I know.

I enjoy crash site too. I just play like a total rear end in a top hat and throw down turrets in the middle of the action and there is no other map that it mops up so many kills on. It's the only map where it isn't unusual for me to break 30 kills on and I usually get stuck at the bottom of the hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Devotion + A-Wall at beginning is fun!

Also while we're complaining about map layouts, Crash Site just has some stupid corners in it and theres that one stupid path that just falls off the cliff. It just loving sucks. If they closed off just a couple routes it would funnel action and at least just be a meatgrinder the way in Battlefield 3 Metro was. At least be an absurd grinder if you're going to suck!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I just fling grenades uphill, I usually get at least 1-2 kills that way before I get ganked, and holy poo poo do people get salty about it sometimes

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
DMR is hitscan. It is also semi auto. It is also a one shot kill through an A-Wall.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Anyone else having issues keeping a party together today? I'm trying to play with a friend and if I don't cancel matchmaking after each game it won't bring him with me, and even that is inconsistent.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've managed to return to my hallowed position of "incredibly mediocre at Titanfall," and I'm just gawping at kids these days and their smooth moves. Nice to see the shotguns aren't as absurdly good as they were in the first game.

Anything you buy with meritbux sticks with you when regenning, right?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Xarbala posted:

Anything you buy with meritbux sticks with you when regenning, right?

That's how it works, yes. Also the Eva-8 shotgun is a beast as long as you're within 20 feet of a guy, which you will be if you go fast.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

SpazmasterX posted:

Anyone else having issues keeping a party together today? I'm trying to play with a friend and if I don't cancel matchmaking after each game it won't bring him with me, and even that is inconsistent.

Since the patch on the Xbox we've occasionally (20% of the time) had only the party leader get into the game.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I've managed to convince at least 3 friends to buy this game. I am happy. Now to teach them all how to play properly.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I've managed to convince at least 3 friends to buy this game. I am happy. Now to teach them all how to play properly.

You are doing the video game lord's work. I am just so amazed at how good this game is and it's sad the derivative Big Name games get all the sales this one should have.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Knifegrab posted:

DMR is hitscan. It is also semi auto. It is also a one shot kill through an A-Wall.

It also doesn't jump all over the dang place like the G2

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Holy poo poo, i just realized you can give your auto titan simple commands (basically follow/fight) by pressing down on the d-pad.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Inspector Hound posted:

Holy poo poo, i just realized you can give your auto titan simple commands (basically follow/fight) by pressing down on the d-pad.

Its follow and guard mode. Guard mode will make the titan stay in the area he is in instead of try to get to you. Can be really useful in bounty hunt, set a titan to guard point A and as a pilot go farm Point B.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I just picked this game up for PC. None of the game modes work except 'Angel City 24/7' because it just gets stuck on Searching for Players 1/12 infinitely.

Is this some weird bug or nobody playing those modes like CTF or Free for All

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

nobody playing those modes like CTF or Free for All

Unfortunately, these modes really only have players during Prime Time (and maybe not even then depending on your area).

PC has the lowest player counts, sadly.

The devs are aware of this and are working on ways to make these modes more visible.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Not enough people play CTF or Bounty Hunt because everyone thinks it's Attrition and they get frustrated when they have the highest killcount but lose Bounty Hunt by like $3,000

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I just play Mix Tape all the time, even when there's only like 200 people in the mode and you see the same assholes over and over.

e: also has anyone noticed the HUD in your titan cockpit says different things sometimes when you eject? this morning mine said "go get em tiger"

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 15, 2016

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

e: also has anyone noticed the HUD in your titan cockpit says different things sometimes when you eject? this morning mine said "go get em tiger"

"Fly, you fool" is a favorite. And "See you on the other side" makes me go :unsmith:

Here's a list of all the eject messages for those interested

http://pastebin.com/myAP1k0a

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

PC has the lowest player counts, sadly.

That sucks :(
This game is incredibly fun

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Wazzit posted:

And "See you on the other side" makes me go :unsmith:

:qq:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Wazzit posted:

"Fly, you fool" is a favorite. And "See you on the other side" makes me go :unsmith:

Here's a list of all the eject messages for those interested

http://pastebin.com/myAP1k0a

Haha, "Have just the greatest day" and maybe "Avenge me." I love this game. It's surprising to hear it's comparatively empty on PC, you'd think there would be a huge potential for mods. Nose art and patches would be easy enough, but it's also screaming for a Helldivers total conversion.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Blind Duke posted:

It also doesn't jump all over the dang place like the G2

Speaking of jumping all over the place, or lack thereof, nerf the loving hemlock already. Maybe adjust the devotion somehow but I'm not sure what would be fair

Xarbala posted:

Nice to see the shotguns aren't as absurdly good as they were in the first game.

Didn't play the first but the first shotgun is really good, there's just only one, maybe two maps where I'd wanna use it

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The EVA-8 is amazing at least on console. I still can't stop using it, though the Devotion is also real cool. I also tried out phase shift but like grappling more still.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

nerf the loving hemlock

Noooooo why you wanna make me terrible at pilotsvpilots again?!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I get the phase poo poo delay is a necessary evil but man that poo poo gets me killed

Stim is cool but I think they could lower the cool down since you only get one. Even with power cell it seemingly takes forever to get

I seem to be the only person I play with that uses frag grenades. I get a ton of kills just randomly throwing them in areas of suspect. With ordnance expert on its quite ridiculous, you constantly have one to throw

Volcanic Vents posted:

Noooooo why you wanna make me terrible at pilotsvpilots again?!

I wouldn't mind at least adding some recoil or not letting it kill with one burst unless you hit the head or something

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

Its follow and guard mode. Guard mode will make the titan stay in the area he is in instead of try to get to you. Can be really useful in bounty hunt, set a titan to guard point A and as a pilot go farm Point B.

also makes good bank distraction in bounty hunt, while you deposit those cash dowlla

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I get the phase poo poo delay is a necessary evil but man that poo poo gets me killed

Stim is cool but I think they could lower the cool down since you only get one. Even with power cell it seemingly takes forever to get

I seem to be the only person I play with that uses frag grenades. I get a ton of kills just randomly throwing them in areas of suspect. With ordnance expert on its quite ridiculous, you constantly have one to throw

I wouldn't mind at least adding some recoil or not letting it kill with one burst unless you hit the head or something

I got bored and made a Grenadier class with Phase Shift, EPG (only grenade launcher I currently have), Frag Grenades, MGL, and Ordinance. It's super dumb but also really fun to play, and the grenade spam can get you some funny kills.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Try out the softball when you get it. It gets you killed more times than not but it's still silly and fun

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

strong agree, or they could up the boost's duration. even then, it feels pretty underpowered compared to something like cloak, which lasts for ages

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I'm a Cold War man, and I will be until the day I die (which is very soon, because LOL I'm using the Cold War)

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i used stim almost exclusively from when I unlocked it til my first regeneration and it's still on the majority of my load outs, I don't find it particularly underwhelming at all. it gets even better as you get better at slidehopping, being halfway across the map in the first few seconds of the game is pretty hilarious

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Kelp Me! posted:

Not enough people play CTF or Bounty Hunt because everyone thinks it's Attrition and they get frustrated when they have the highest killcount but lose Bounty Hunt by like $3,000

I lamented the lack of players in other modes until I realized two of them are Attrition with more camping, two are highly team dependent while I'm solo, and gently caress playing anything without giant robots.

At least with everyone stuck in one mode I can skip out on stomps and requeue.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Bounty Hunt is actually wicked fun but CTF is the shittiest mode in the world and people who play it intentionally deserve swift and violent retribution for making it fire when I'm playing MixTape

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

It is the most annoying thing when I get killed after the screen is already white. Like you said, a necessary evil, but the delay should be frontloaded into an increased time checking my watch, not shifting itself, which should be instantaneous.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Skyscraper posted:

It is the most annoying thing when I get killed after the screen is already white. Like you said, a necessary evil, but the delay should be frontloaded into an increased time checking my watch, not shifting itself, which should be instantaneous.

I think some of that may be related to how they process network lag to decide who dies first across different network speeds. The same thing seems to happen with punching people. It'll play almost the entire punch animation and then say they punched you first somehow.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

It's the thing you press as soon as you start getting out of your titan when picking up a battery so that the stupid loving thing will stay in cover where you left it instead of walk out into the open to eat a billion tone rockets.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Magnus Condomus posted:

I think some of that may be related to how they process network lag to decide who dies first across different network speeds. The same thing seems to happen with punching people. It'll play almost the entire punch animation and then say they punched you first somehow.

I think that is some of it, but I also see the flash on the replay (from the enemy's perspective).

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Skyscraper posted:

I think that is some of it, but I also see the flash on the replay (from the enemy's perspective).

The flash on replay is when you died. It happens even on clips where you don't use phase shift.

Try it. Just watch a kill cam and you'll see the flash, even if you're using something like Stim.

You're dying in Phase Shift because of server lag, because of that 1/10th of a second difference between what happens on your local box and what happens on the server.

Edit: I hope I don't sound snooty, that's not my intention. It's just important to remember that this is a server based game and that you are playing an approximation on your end of what is "actually" happening. It is a very good approximation and lines up with your expectations 99.9% of the time but when it comes down to six or less frames of timing it can produce weirdness. And there's nothing they can do about it, realistically.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 16, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

does anyone know what their plans for dlc are for this? i read that it's all free, which is great

i don't think i've been this addicted to a multiplayer game since splatoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

a lot of hearsay about what will drop and when but we know 99% for sure they will be releasing new content (maps, guns, Titans) for free and cosmetic poo poo that doesn't affect gameplay will cost money. I heard some stuff about two new Titans and I'm sure we'll get another map plus more cosmetic poo poo

Their Twitter said they were on xmas vacation but also to expect some small stuff later this month so who knows