Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
are any of these any ok
2Checkout Alipay Global Authorize.net BitPay Coinbase eWAY Rapid 3.1 FuturePay G2A Pay GoCoin LAY-BUY Powered by PayPal MasterCard Payment Gateway Services NETbilling Payment Express PxPay PaymentExpress PayPal Express Checkout PayPal Payflow Pro Paystation POLi Internet Banking SecurePayTech WorldPay (Direct) WorldPay (Offsite)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

are any of these any ok
2Checkout MasterCard Payment Gateway Services PayPal Express Checkout PayPal POLi Internet Banking

These are stuff I've used on (reputable-ish) sites and none of my info has been stolen.

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
just use paypal

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

echinopsis posted:

are any of these any ok
2Checkout Alipay Global Authorize.net BitPay Coinbase eWAY Rapid 3.1 FuturePay G2A Pay GoCoin LAY-BUY Powered by PayPal MasterCard Payment Gateway Services NETbilling Payment Express PxPay PaymentExpress PayPal Express Checkout PayPal Payflow Pro Paystation POLi Internet Banking SecurePayTech WorldPay (Direct) WorldPay (Offsite)
nope

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Maximum Leader posted:

just use paypal

im suspect a lot of these people may not have a paypal account :/ this whole exercise is looking more and more difficult

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh so paypal doesn't require people to make an account and i can probably run the entire thing from the square space i'm already using

gently caress i'm a idiot

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

dont sign my posts

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

echinopsis posted:

we know

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah but i didn't

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

echinopsis posted:

yeah but i didn't
turn your monitor on

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
god why cant anything be easy

so paypal works. squarespace works. they work together. BUT i can't make squarespace use NZD. gently caress me

I mean it can do nzd, coz you can with stripe - which does NZ but only as a beta which I wasnt allowed into. gently caress this

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

echinopsis posted:

god why cant anything be easy

so paypal works. squarespace works. they work together. BUT i can't make squarespace use NZD. gently caress me

I mean it can do nzd, coz you can with stripe - which does NZ but only as a beta which I wasnt allowed into. gently caress this

Have an offshore account in Singapore or Hong Kong, then run away once you've ripped people off :)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

You Am I posted:

Have an offshore account in Singapore or Hong Kong, then run away once you've ripped people off :)

he wants to sell stuff, not run a kickstarter

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

anmd i'm selling places on a course. which of course makes the language of "adding" to the "cart" and then it's "out of stock" etc fuckin stupid. but I cant tbni

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
actually until this moment I never thought of looking to see if course booking web based things was a thing and of course it is

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

echinopsis posted:

actually until this moment I never thought of looking to see if ___________ was a thing and of course it is
: the echopenis story

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in fact, it seems event/course booking software not only does the simple poo poo I want, it also handles all your registration info, prints certificates, integrates with xero, and might not only make this one job easier but given the business is 90% running courses, might make all of it a shitload simpler. gently caress. why didn't I even know this kind of thing existed before. all I can do is thank the lord that I have a glorious as gently caress keyboard to type out this on

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
welcome to 2016 where the only hard decision is to wake up in the morning or succumb to eternal slumber

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
those cherry mx clears tho... mmmmmhmmm

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mmmmm

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anything cheaper than amazon glacier if need to store up to 2 terabytes of scientific data which may be occasionally downloaded via ftp

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

cinci zoo sniper posted:

anything cheaper than amazon glacier if need to store up to 2 terabytes of scientific data which may be occasionally downloaded via ftp
might be cheaper in the long run to host it yourself

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anthonypants posted:

i dont have the capacity, thats the issue

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

cinci zoo sniper posted:

S3 because glacier charges you up the rear end for getting data out of it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wolffenstein posted:

S3 because glacier charges you up the rear end for getting data out of it.
oic, though thankfully something turned up and this isnt my problem anymore

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

google cloud storage is cheaper and better than AWS

the "nearline" option is even cheaper and would probably meet your needs

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

anthonypants posted:

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
friend of mine her son wants to record himself playing minecraft and also commentating at the same time and he is on os x ... is this something os x can do? i know it's possible on windows but gently caress know how awkward os x is

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

echinopsis posted:

friend of mine her son wants to record himself playing minecraft and also commentating at the same time and he is on os x ... is this something os x can do? i know it's possible on windows but gently caress know how awkward os x is
all the big youtube stars have a second computer that does all that

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

just use a vhs camcorder

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

echinopsis posted:

quicktime x can do this for free. If you want to record system sound I think you have to install SoundFlower as well. There's a couple of third party apps but they're around $99.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yeah use QuickTime

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
soundflower hmm

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jimmy Carter posted:

quicktime x can do this for free. If you want to record system sound I think you have to install SoundFlower as well. There's a couple of third party apps but they're around $99.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

yeah use QuickTime

quicktime is unusuable for any real time gameplay videos, jfc

echinopsis posted:

its more awkward on mac than on ios or any console. you will have to use soundflower to unfuck moronic mac audio, and open broadcaster (obs) to record stuff

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

quicktime is unusuable for any real time gameplay videos, jfc

its more awkward on mac than on ios or any console. you will have to use soundflower to unfuck moronic mac audio, and open broadcaster (obs) to record stuff

I don't think small child is going to care

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I don't think small child is going to care
you don't seem to think at all

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is it easier on ios? :/

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

is it easier on ios? :/
yeah, you literally just install two apps. but then you are stuck with 1) playing on a mobile device 2) a castrated version of the game 3) with poo poo video and audio quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you don't seem to think at all

best not to overthink life 🐮