Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

its clear that whatever other problems social dems face, we have a serious lack of leadership and one dnc chair and a really old guy isnt gonna be enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenner116
May 15, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

look all im saying is that Keith Ellison had better be able to parlay the DNC chair into a presidential campaign because the alternative is, like, Gavin Newsom or some poo poo.

maybe Kamala Harris, God willing and the creek dont rise

It's going to be Harris vs. Booker for the 2020 primary race. I'll give Harris the advantage right now but as a native New Jerseyan and fan of inspirational daily Twiiter and Facebook quotes my vote right now is reserved for Cory.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Newsom isnt necessarily bad, hes just

idk

imminently artificial

like in a Jude Law in AI kind of way

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot
this kindof bloodletting is exactly what the left needs

let's hope the uk labour party take notice and liquidates their own neoliberal traitors

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i still can't get over that politico article

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
did the forums break i thought i was just too drunk

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

So, has everyone given up/gone insane yet

Is Keith the king of Donkey Town yet or is the Perez guy going to avert our planned 700 years of social-democratic darkness

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Grand Prize Winner posted:

im good, thanks

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Everything in Kurt Eichenwald's "Bernie GOP oppo book" story was previously reported in the press during the primary. This is because Kurt did not see an oppo book, he just plagiarized other people's work and pretended he did. It's long past time to ignore this hack and his large Kung Fu sons.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Is Keith the king of Donkey Town yet or is the Perez guy going to avert our planned 700 years of social-democratic darkness

The DNC chair election is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of February 23–26, 2017.

Until then we fight the good fight.

And after then.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I started my personal descent into madness on Nov. 8th at around 9:00 PM and tbh it's been pretty great so far

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Serf posted:

I started my personal descent into madness on Nov. 8th at around 9:00 PM and tbh it's been pretty great so far

i still am not entirely sure how i made it from the bar to my home that night

Serf
May 5, 2011

bump_fn posted:

i still am not entirely sure how i made it from the bar to my home that night

poo poo I only had to make it from my desk to my bed and I don't even remember doing that much

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
someone gimme a link to a video of keith's speech from last night so i can spam every single person i know and destroy all my relationships w friends tia

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

anime was right posted:

this guy lost by like 3% in missouri as a democrat which is pretty remarkable, also considering he had like, zero loving help from the dnc.

the gun ad probably did most o fthat tho lets be real

:psyduck: I don't understand this at all. Blunt was clearly vulnerable, Kander was an exceptionally strong candidate, and he ran probably one of the best ads in Senate campaign history.

Further proof that the loving DNC needs to be purged by fire.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Joementum posted:

Everything in Kurt Eichenwald's "Bernie GOP oppo book" story was previously reported in the press during the primary. This is because Kurt did not see an oppo book, he just plagiarized other people's work and pretended he did. It's long past time to ignore this hack and his large Kung Fu sons.

Yeah, the only thing I could have imagined having any weight would be the weird rape poem and if this general election proved anything it's that having a message and actual conviction is more important than being a literal rapist.

Also, the stealing electricity poo poo would win him votes, not lose them lol.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

tNC for head of DNC

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Alter Ego posted:

:psyduck: I don't understand this at all. Blunt was clearly vulnerable, Kander was an exceptionally strong candidate, and he ran probably one of the best ads in Senate campaign history.

Further proof that the loving DNC needs to be purged by fire.

clintons fault

lots of people vote straight ticket, splitting is very rare. overperforming the top of the ticket to the degree kander did is a major show of strength. if Clinton wasn't a dogshit worthless scumbag neoliberal loser he'd have won

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

merry exmarx posted:

these fuckers need to never be in politics ever again

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Was kander the guy who put his gun together blindfolded

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Because yeah that was a good ad

Serf
May 5, 2011

Tatsuta Age posted:

Was kander the guy who put his gun together blindfolded

yeah that was him

he rules

he should team up with keith and bernie imo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Tatsuta Age posted:

Because yeah that was a good ad

it was

i remember when it was first posted and some TFR ppl started complaining about it lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

kenner116 posted:

It's going to be Harris vs. Booker for the 2020 primary race. I'll give Harris the advantage right now but as a native New Jerseyan and fan of inspirational daily Twiiter and Facebook quotes my vote right now is reserved for Cory.

As a fellow native New Jerseyan we should focus on ejecting noted Goldman Sachsman Philip Murphy from the governors race so that the fear of God is instilled into Booker to stay in the Senate forever so he can bring in federal money to fix noted dumpster fires Atlantic City, Newark and Camden instead of doing a 2020 run.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

merry exmarx posted:

Where is Concerned Citizen to whitewash this and tell us that no, actually Clinton ran a very good campaign?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Daily Kos user with library pun in name predicts Texas would go blue in 2016. Medium, pixels on monitor. Put this poo poo in a hubris museum, titled "Never Again".

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Hillary Clinton is the best choice to win in November because the decades of Republican opposition to her have 'vetted' her already, and none of the scandals they've tried to pin on her have ever slowed her down!"

*Hillary Clinton loses election because of scandals*

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

loquacius posted:

"Hillary Clinton is the best choice to win in November because the decades of Republican opposition to her have 'vetted' her already, and none of the scandals they've tried to pin on her have ever slowed her down!"

*Hillary Clinton loses election because of scandals*

if I had a nickel for every time this was posted in D&D during the election :laugh:

hell, just fischmech's posts alone would make me a very wealthy person

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ironically enough she probably would have won in 2008 (because BENGHAZI and EMAILS weren't things yet, and there was no way McCain was going to win after Bush anyway) and Obama would have won in 2016 too

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

Newsom isnt necessarily bad, hes just

idk

imminently artificial

like in a Jude Law in AI kind of way

are we still making Patrick Bateman jokes about him?

i wouldnt mind seeing a homocidal android run for president on the democratic ticket

it would considerably increase their chances

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

Ironically enough she probably would have won in 2008 (because BENGHAZI and EMAILS weren't things yet, and there was no way McCain was going to win after Bush anyway) and Obama would have won in 2016 too

Pretty much, turns out the secret best universe would have been Hillary 2008 with Obama SoS or some other high profile position, then Obama 2016

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Pretty much, turns out the secret best universe would have been Hillary 2008 with Obama SoS or some other high profile position, then Obama 2016

I strongly disagree that this is any kind of "best universe."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zoran posted:

I strongly disagree that this is any kind of "best universe."

the one that didn't end up with a white supremacist and his cabinet of buddies running the country unchecked, then.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

hmm, gonna go with a swing and a miss on this one

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

if I had a nickel for every time this was posted in D&D during the election :laugh:

hell, just fischmech's posts alone would make me a very wealthy person

i remember when fishmech went on a tangent about audio engineering because of a clinton fundraiser using a white noise machine because it was a private event

he argued that anyone could hear her if they just went close enough, you know, over the fence, past the security detail like any sane person would just to pick up what she was saying with a recording mic because of the white noise machine

it was the kookiest poo poo i've ever read and he seriously got into this tangent and doubled down as "you can listen to her if you had maybe thousands of dollars of audio equipment like a directional microphone, but the point is that guy who complained about the white noise machine didn't try hard enough to ascertain her voice and go close enough and is just making a clickbait article about how secretive she is because of the white noise machine and is just whining."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

loquacius posted:

I can't believe Obama actually ruined everything

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Nah she's an incompetent hack and would have made a such a complete hash of being president that things would be strictly even worse than they are now. She'd probably find a way to lose 2012 and simultaneously make Obama radioactive.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Definitely not a "best universe", but a marginally better one than the one we have. A Clinton presidency probably wouldn't have been far removed from an Obama one, and an Obama presidency is miles ahead of a Trump presidency. And who knows, maybe after eight years of boondoggle obstructed Third Way Clinton administration, President Obama would actually resemble Candidate Obama in some way!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Clinton had always had contempt for rurals

even in the Frontline doc

and she paid for it dearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!