Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elentor posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

You disgust me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sona did nothing wrong

Orv
May 4, 2011
What the hell did that mid Kha'zix do to end up there?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Also just hit e on your most fed damage dealer if a tank goes in on them, like of all the weakpoints of morg I think you could talk about the 5v5 is certainly not one of them. I''d say her biggest issue is she's not really a 1 man snowball like some solos, even if you're ahead for the most part all you can do is consistently force your opponent out of lane you're not gonna be the dude who gets first blood off a jungle gank then goes up 4 kills before anyone else has a chance to control their lane.

On the other hand, being nearly ungankable and able to clear lane in extreme safety means that the likelihood of you feeding and snowballing the game out of control goes down dramatically, even in a technically "losing" lane. The most important thing in climbing is consistency, and having a champion that facilitates that consistency helps a lot.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Orv posted:

What the hell did that mid Kha'zix do to end up there?

elentor last played summoner's rift when alex ich was the best midlaner in the world

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

even with courage of the colossus nerfs i find naut to be extremely easy and a lot of fun. his split push is loving atrocious but i usually just go first item zz'rot and just go roam around the map being a huge piece of poo poo

He's good in the jungle too.

Naut is like...everything I want in a champion. Tanky as gently caress, incredibly disruptive, stands on carries and doesn't let them move...I should play him more. He is fun.

Cinderhulk + Mobis -> Zz'rot.

I AM EVERYWHERE. YOU CANNOT ESCAPE.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Elentor posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I think this is riot calling you a scumlord

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

What are you folks playing top lane this patch? Someone sell me on something fun to spam in these super messy early season games.

I would also recommend Poppy but she has a bit more depth in her kit like using w properly and landing stuns isn't as easy as it looks. Using ults on proper targets. I would say Poppy top is probably the most broken tank top but Naut/Maokai are also good option and easier to play.

If you like playing carry champs Kennen is still good. He is one of the few lane bullies with great teamfight presence.
Jayce is probably the best laner top if you play him correctly but he isn't as good in teamfights unless you really know what your doing with him but with a few items he can basically 4 shot turrets.

Yasuo is great toplane because his lack of waveclear doesn't hurt him there and he can basically build shiv/pd vs everyone and do fine but requires lots of mastery to play or else you will just end up feeding.
Camille seems busted from what everyone is saying.

Riven is also always good top and doesn't really have a hard counter. Other bruiser champs like Darius/Irelia/Renekton/Garen kinda seemed outclassed by the previously mentioned but are easier to play. There is weird picks like Nasus with the zzrot pushing build. Illaoi who has great laning teamfighint/laning but 0 mobility and Yorick who can splitpush forever really hard to kill.. GP also have great carry potential but he gets poo poo on by everyone in lane.

There is always teemo and there is always a bunch of different builds on him but he seems to only do well if the its a one trick player.

The one I hate the most is Singed with proxy lvl1 especially vs tanks since they have 0 dmg to chase or kill him.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Ulio posted:

The one I hate the most is Singed with proxy lvl1 especially vs tanks since they have 0 dmg to chase or kill him.

Had a Singed try that dumb poo poo where they put a ward into your base and tp to it level 1 to proxy two waves. We saw him do it so we walked back and killed him. He made fun of us for being "still in the base at this time, LOL this elo". :jerkbag: Singed players.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barudak posted:

You disgust me.

I must be a terrible, terrible person.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Okay congrats you got the worst one.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
are you a bad enough dude to run this terrible rune page

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
gently caress I'll do it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
replace health with lethality please

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I don't even own lethality quints so I grabbed the 1ip versions

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Update: It's working really well

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/157872312/200933035?tab=overview

flyingkiwi fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 15, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

now do it on duskblade shaco

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I only run the stastically best runepage as proven by science: full attack speed reds, blues, quints and scaling health yellows.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

smdh if you don't have a Gangplank runepage

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Work Friend Keven posted:

I only run the stastically best runepage as proven by science: full attack speed reds, blues, quints and scaling health yellows.

I run aspd on Wukong because it is fun.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ulio posted:

Riven is also always good top and doesn't really have a hard counter. Other bruiser champs like Darius/Irelia/Renekton/Garen kinda seemed outclassed by the previously mentioned but are easier to play. There is weird picks like Nasus with the zzrot pushing build. Illaoi who has great laning teamfighint/laning but 0 mobility and Yorick who can splitpush forever really hard to kill.. GP also have great carry potential but he gets poo poo on by everyone in lane.

That E max Nasus build is still really good. Start corrupting, back for two dorans, completely control lane. I could see it not working against some picks, but it's generally lane dominant.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

That E max Nasus build is still really good. Start corrupting, back for two dorans, completely control lane. I could see it not working against some picks, but it's generally lane dominant.

I had a Nasus doing this build get absolutely obliterated by Illaoi. It's supposed to be one of the hardest counter matchups in the game, in Nasus's favor, sometimes people just need to do the normal old Q-max build :(

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

kingcobweb posted:

I had a Nasus doing this build get absolutely obliterated by Illaoi. It's supposed to be one of the hardest counter matchups in the game, in Nasus's favor, sometimes people just need to do the normal old Q-max build :(

Yeah, pushing non-stop into an Illaoi is not exactly the best idea. You just put yourself right where she wants you and you have a loooong way to run.

I need to pick her back up, I'm getting bored of Yorick.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Illaoi shouldn't be that hard of a matchup if you know how to play that lane. You can just E the wave and walk away.

Of course, if she gets rolling from jungle pressure or something, she's always going to be tough to lane against in the early and mid game.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

Illaoi shouldn't be that hard of a matchup if you know how to play that lane. You can just E the wave and walk away.

Of course, if she gets rolling from jungle pressure or something, she's always going to be tough to lane against in the early and mid game.

You just stand there and Q her plants for 1k stacks at 20 minutes

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

You just stand there and Q her plants for 1k stacks at 20 minutes

oh, lol, that sounds pretty good

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Then you bash her skull in because you bought armor instead of loving dorans rings. The Liberace build for Nasus is one that is for massive weenies who are scared of being cool and a big dog.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
How is flat pen + void staff calculated? Does it do the flat first then the void (ie together they're slightly less efficient) or does it do void first then flat (ie together they're more efficient).

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

Then you bash her skull in because you bought armor instead of loving dorans rings. The Liberace build for Nasus is one that is for massive weenies who are scared of being cool and a big dog.

Ah, so I'm supposed to not hard-push the lane into the immobile lane bully? Do Tell. *jungler gets mad at me* Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to farm

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Well you see the masterstroke is how you draw fire to your lane so your other lanes can win without jungle interference oh wait nevermind midlane just got solo killed. And there goes the adc again. Well, at least we got late game because I'm spirit-freaking-fire Nasus

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

ArbitraryC posted:

How is flat pen + void staff calculated? Does it do the flat first then the void (ie together they're slightly less efficient) or does it do void first then flat (ie together they're more efficient).

Amumu/Old Abyssal->Void+the 7% mastery->Sorcs+Haunting Guise+runes+that mastery

They're more efficient together

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The Mash posted:

Amumu/Old Abyssal->Void+the 7% mastery->Sorcs+Haunting Guise+runes+that mastery

They're more efficient together

Thanks friend

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Servaetes posted:

Well you see the masterstroke is how you draw fire to your lane so your other lanes can win without jungle interference oh wait nevermind midlane just got solo killed. And there goes the adc again. Well, at least we got late game because I'm spirit-freaking-fire Nasus

*strokes Methanar like beard thoughtfully* ah, the teemo strategy

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

Obviously it has tradeoffs; it plays so differently it's like an entirely different champion. What I hated about the OG build Nasus was that their Malphite or Hecarim or whatever would roam from top lane and make the game a 5v4 for ten minutes, getting infinite objectives, and Nasus stays top to trade two inhibitors for his 300 stacks. The new build certainly doesn't do that; if you TP gank and don't win the game off of it during laning phase he's going to shred through all your top structures like he's Trynd.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
We got late game baby, I got 200 stacks and a zzrot portal. Don't fight I'm splitting. Don't fight. Don't fight. Hey why'd you fight.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

We got late game baby, I got 200 stacks and a zzrot portal. Don't fight I'm splitting. Don't fight. Don't fight. Hey why'd you fight.

i read this post and a filipino guy started screaming really loud

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I thought a big part of the reason that the E max Nasus is good is that Q max Nasus is good vs a lot of the things that would otherwise 'counter' it.

Also I think a lot of people who play traditional Nasus overestimate how many stacks you need to be impactful thanks to certain streamers who play to maximize stacking rather than winning.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/jgT49le.gifv
almost had it :negative:
if you want to watch the full game
http://www.replay.gg/search/euw/DarkOff#2975973772

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
E max Nasus exists to just put endless pressure toplane with fast waveclearing coupled with ZZrot and sheen smashing turrets. The base value on Nasus E is actually very powerful and unless the enemy toplaner has infinite sustain they are going to get shoved out and forced to back and miss CS or use their tp toplane to cs under tower. It's very frustrating to play against if the Nasus player knows what they are doing.

Also you don't even bother taking corrupting potion, just start Dring into another and keep spamming E until the enemy laner backs or dies.

• Locked thread