Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

From what I hear, Hot Rod converted to "spectralism" and Dark Rodimus colors symbolize a desire to kill somebody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A desire to kill Getaway.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

The_Doctor posted:

UK Peeps! A1 Toys have an absolute bargain for sale!

SDCC FortMax for £99!

Hell yeah, thank you Doctor Deals

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Rhyno posted:

A desire to kill Getaway.

don't we all have that

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need a "Getaway Was Right" shirt.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

"Make the Lost Light Great Again"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rhyno posted:

No you don't.

Also now looking through it, yeah I'm becoming more down on Lost Light. Especially for the points that this is an awful Jumping on Point and it's very much not about getting back the Lost Light. I realize that James Roberts probably never wanted to relaunch the series AS Lost Light, and this was probably always his plan but... I dunno, still feels wrong. Especially since I felt like we handled the Functionists. Like... that was the whole "Why Megatron Needs to Live" thing.

"By the way the Terrible Future still exists you're just not in it." Is... Pretty awful. And I'm sorry but I'm not buying Cyclonus and Tailgates stuff in this issue. I'm only glad that, hopefully, I'm begging here. Let the Chromedome Rewind drama be done. I don't hate it, I just don't care anymore. Also... I feel like James Roberts doesn't just hate that he writes in a shared universe, but that there are other Transformers Writers at all with different ideas.

I still like his writing, but I feel like he's starting to get an ego about it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Hot Rod changing colors seems like it is purely for the purpose of confusing things.

It's not even a proper reference to Shattered Glass since it misses the best part.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I would hope the Chromedome and Rewind story thread should be closed up at this point since they finished Rewind's quest for Dominus and chose Domey.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Regarding the name change.

They're not on their quest anymore. They're lost.

:bravo: James :bravo:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Good Listener posted:

I would hope the Chromedome and Rewind story thread should be closed up at this point since they finished Rewind's quest for Dominus and chose Domey.
The person who claimed to see the real Rewind die was the oh so well written Overlord, so it's entirely possible he'll be back

Even after four re-readings I still don't understand why Overlord was in Dying of the Light

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New toy's coming out. So he's gotta come back.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Spiderdrake posted:

The person who claimed to see the real Rewind die was the oh so well written Overlord, so it's entirely possible he'll be back

Even after four re-readings I still don't understand why Overlord was in Dying of the Light

He has a new toy coming out? Roberts can't put his Toy's away? Wanting to completely invalidate the emotional weight and drama of that chapter? Feeling he needed another villain (which is probably why he's gone back to this Functionist Well)? I was forgiving to the extremely lackluster end to the DJD, but with the Functionist's being a thing again (Which is a weird turn anyway because it's not like anyone is a Secret Functionist, or that it was a recurring underlying theme.) I'm starting to wonder if he doesn't really know how to challenge his protagonists. This is the time arc again, except more hostile.

Are we maybe going to learn what that repeating symbol we've been seeing that relates to the Knights of Cybertron is? Are we going to pick up refugee's from the functionist universe to add even more onto the cast of characters who quite frankly didn't need more adding onto. And why the functionist's again anyway? It might have been interesting to go to a universe where Megatron had won and succeeded. And thus he and Terminus could see what Megatron himself built if he'd defeated Optimus and retaken Cybertron?

I guess ultimately I fail to see what any of this has to do with anything. The functionist's were not seeking to jump into other reality to spread their stupid beliefs, and even if they did they've been defeated in the main universe already. They'd hardly find a foothold on the diverse, multi-planet Cybertron Council of Worlds when loving Optimus Prime, Starscream and Soundwave are all around and not one of them would let them do anything. I know it's issue 1 and you can't judge a story by issue 1, and it could turn out that a lot of things occur and they wind up teleported back to the Lost Light at the end or something. And I really didn't like Anode, since she continues the trend of people from Caminus being nothing like people from Caminus when James Roberts writes them. And honestly just seems like a dick. You know when a book or a story introduces a new kid side kick with the intent on them being quirky and lovable by children and instead they're just obnoxious? that's what it felt like.

I actually feel kind of bad now, I read it enjoying it, but now I'm just down on the whole thing.

EDIT: Positivity

I really liked GI Joe's Revolution issues.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Dec 15, 2016

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Till All Are One replaced Windblade.

Gotta save the precious Brand Recognition for the bad cartoons and name those Transformers. At least they're not cancelling the good IDW continuity.

What exactly did you think I meant by feeling that they should have kept Windblade going for the five months, a time period which matches the number of released issues of Till All Are One, if not that I was suggesting that letting the Windblade to TAAO new #1 and name happen at the same time the other two ongoings got new #1s and names?

Brand Synergy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Someone scanned part od the new MP Megs' instruction sheet, if you wanna get a peek at the transformation.

e: well not the instruction sheet, it's a Generations 2017 magazine article showing it off.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 15, 2016

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Blackheart posted:

Someone scanned part od the new MP Megs' instruction sheet, if you wanna get a peek at the transformation.

e: well not the instruction sheet, it's a Generations 2017 magazine article showing it off.

hnnnnnngh

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah man look at that crazy leg/feet unfolding. Just magical.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

SDCC FortMax for £99!

Purchased, I have no idea where this gigantic motherfucker is going to go

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don't currently have a spot for him so his body is crammed into one of my shelving cubes and Cerebros is in the center of the TM display.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Spiderdrake posted:

I think it's for setting up a Transformers vs. The Galactic Council arc in one of the comics. What easier way to show that the Council is evil than having Overlord work for them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The guys who OSed Feral Rex are at it again

These don't appear to have the simplifications their FR had.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jfc stop making giant robots that I want. I already have 1.8 bruticus'

Brutici?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jfc stop making giant robots that I want. I already have 1.8 bruticus'

Brutici?

I already have the KOs of those limbs but I am so down for a big version. Gotta find some doll stands for those guys though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I want a realistically scaled Bruticus. :unsmigghh:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I already have the KOs of those limbs but I am so down for a big version. Gotta find some doll stands for those guys though.

Yeah I'm waiting on the MachineBoy Onslaught too.

Kinda annoying because sirtoys was holding on to some missing parts from my Vortex's nose cone/weapon to send out with Onslaught but now he's like 5 months late and I will probably not get my missing parts :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah I'm waiting on the MachineBoy Onslaught too.

Kinda annoying because sirtoys was holding on to some missing parts from my Vortex's nose cone/weapon to send out with Onslaught but now he's like 5 months late and I will probably not get my missing parts :(

I wouldn't sweat that, I asked for a replacement rotor for my MB Vortex and he said he'd look for one if he had a parts bot and months later with my next shipment it was in there! Paul is good people.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I bet the propeller still hits the tailfin, god that set was a trainwreck made by idiots who didn't care.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Unexpectedly found Apeface and Brawl of all things at WalMart today. Soundwave was there too but I'm not paying that much for Blaster painted blue.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

DoctorWhat posted:

I bet the propeller still hits the tailfin, god that set was a trainwreck made by idiots who didn't care.

check the last pic, it won't hit the tail fin, but might hit the rotor.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Optimus Prime #2 is already coming out next week?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I'm going to treat myself tomorrow when I get paid.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Roth posted:

schedule release date is 4th January according to my comixology

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

schedule release date is 4th January according to my comixology

https://pulllist.comixology.com/sku/OCT160408/Optimus-Prime-2

I guess it's just another error on the pulllist site then.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Anora posted:

check the last pic, it won't hit the tail fin, but might hit the rotor.

That was the problem with the real one. Doesn't look fixed here, as you say.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Roth posted:

The first one was really late.

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

The_Doctor posted:

SDCC FortMax for £99!

They also have that Blaster/Perceptor re-issue set for £25 which is way down from the TRU 'gently caress you GBP' price of nearly £100.

And the daft coloured Blitzwing/Astrotrain set too, which I bought because i'm a terrible person.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
looks like my local wal-mart restocked the deluxes, so I got a Chromedome. However it looked like the 8 cases they opened had Chromey, Hardhead, Highbrow, Scourge, and Blurr. But no Wolfwire or Mindwipes, which sucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

looks like my local wal-mart restocked the deluxes, so I got a Chromedome. However it looked like the 8 cases they opened had Chromey, Hardhead, Highbrow, Scourge, and Blurr. But no Wolfwire or Mindwipes, which sucks.

There was a stupid case revision that mixed waves 1 and 2.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

We talked about it. Consensus is retailers understand that beastformers do not sell.

Even Ultra Magnus jokes about how bad beastforms are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's stupid because the hosed up and sent the wrong cases to a lot of stores that wanted the standard assortment.