Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Anderron Shi posted:

Nexon dinosaur survival MMORPG "Durango" limited beta opens in less than 20 minutes by the way http://durango.nexon.com/en

Managed to play for about an hour this morning, seems pretty good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

horriblePencilist posted:

I went Swordsman into the Bandit's Hideout and I just ran out of steam after +50 floors so I halfheartedly fought the next boss so I could leave already.

Pretty much earn some dp doing the dungeon quests and if I'm bored then I'll at least hit 30f for the boss drops.

Main problem is that the weekend events are stupid insane amd unplayable for new and medium players.

Easy level stages are a struggle and I've been playing at least 2 months before they made the game global.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Has anyone successfully gotten the slave gumball off the ground? I'm trying to do a runthrough of the first dungeon but 1 attack blows, and not having ready access to magic spells also blows. I assume maybe you should soul-link him to a caster to at least smooth over the early hump, but considering the shackle doesn't unlock until floor 50 I have no idea how you're supposed to punch through 3 bosses with a -20 attack penalty.

I'm also up to the one with light/dark golems and the rune spires each floor and it's a pain in the rear end. I thought that since the transcribed spells could be cast repeatedly a mage character would be the way to go, but you burn through too much MP for that to be viable even with mana regeneration/floor abilities so I think a warrior/Sword Sage build might be better, especially if the curse reduction effect applies to the purple spire effect.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

RoboCicero posted:

Has anyone successfully gotten the slave gumball off the ground? I'm trying to do a runthrough of the first dungeon but 1 attack blows, and not having ready access to magic spells also blows. I assume maybe you should soul-link him to a caster to at least smooth over the early hump, but considering the shackle doesn't unlock until floor 50 I have no idea how you're supposed to punch through 3 bosses with a -20 attack penalty.

I have. I did it with slave/nobunaga/saladin going Great Elf King for the free bow damage/ Elf arrows.

You just get a pile of 5-6* equipment after beating 50. I did get diamond armor though, which gives you 15 gems on first equip.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

I wholeheartedly agree with the criticism that drags on too long though. Maybe they should implement a risk-reward system where you can choose to bail every 5-10 floors and collect your loot or keep going, at the risk of dying and losing a percentage of your treasure.

Can't you exit when ever you want without any penalty by using the portal/door at the top left? :confused:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

AnimalChin posted:

Can't you exit when ever you want without any penalty by using the portal/door at the top left? :confused:

Yeah but I think what he's saying is that this disincentivizes any hard choices about proceeding further, so you're just mindlessly tapping until you're dead, then you do it again. As opposed to reached a milestone, and having to think hard about if you can make it to the next one, and having to plan your resources around making just one more floor so you can exit with your hard-earned stuff.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

AnimalChin posted:

There's a penalty? :psyduck:

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

There's a penalty? :psyduck:

No there isn't.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man the venture class in gumball and dungeons is just terrible. There are no rank that unlock scrolls. You get less stats per rank. I went the legendary hunter route. The legendary bow is amazing and nearly broken, but it makes the demon hunter bow upgrades disappear. So all those past upgrades were pointless.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I just got an ad on facebook for a HoMM clone called God's and Glory, anyone checked it out? I have a serious HoMM itch but most of the apps that rip off an established game this hard tend to be junk

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I think you keep the + damage to undead don't you? I saw it on the tooltip even after I upgraded it, and if I went back and put another point into demon hunter the bonus went up as you'd expect it to.

That being said, it's hard to really recommend any of the venture classes over the one that shoots an enemy every 5 steps (Legendary Hunter). The one that lets you combine lower level spells to higher ones appears to require Magic Runes to do so, which you can only get by upgrading the final title which means you can only combine a limited amount of spells even after the huge EP investment to get there? :psyduck:

The other ones don't seem that good. The thief one seems to spawn +1 dungeon-appropriate treasure pile in a cave (so like bones / dead adventurers / dead pilgrims / trash cans), farplane ranger gives you a 5% chance to 'capture the soul' of enemies, which seems to either be a permanent stat boost or a per-floor boost. The upgrade gives you arrows that have a 100% chance to capture the soul. No idea the lantern upgrade that lets you commune with the soul of dead adventurers and what those boosts are.

And god help you if you go Elf Paladin into Great Elf King because instead of getting the once-per-floor 5x arrow attack you get some opaque buff that increases the power of your companions. I have no idea what that one does at all.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

pile of brown posted:

I just got an ad on facebook for a HoMM clone called God's and Glory, anyone checked it out? I have a serious HoMM itch but most of the apps that rip off an established game this hard tend to be junk

I tried it. It was junk.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pile of brown posted:

You can play Heroes 3 on Android already, what more do you want!?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
After getting quite a bit of praise earlier this year on other platforms, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, a Telltale-esque adventure game set during the Iranian Revolution is now out for Android.

Also out is Tiny Rails, a nice looking idle game/management sim in the same vein as Pocket Trains.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Dec 15, 2016

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

mrkillboy posted:

After getting quite a bit of praise earlier this year on other platforms, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, a Telltale-esque adventure game set during the Iranian Revolution is now out for Android.

Also out is Tiny Rails, a nice looking idle game/sim in the same vein as Pocket Trains.

Dude thanks for always posting these new releases.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I love fft on my tablet

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Are there any other srpgs that aren't just use an emulator and download some stuff

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
The main idea with a venture Gumball is that it is more of a support class.

Going full bandit tree you can have EP reducing gear(the noble set) and multi classing becomes easier, the main benefit comes from long dungeon runs where you Portal of Earth a few time to maximize EP and multiclass.

If you have a high level alchemist and blacksmith you can go for the Swordsmith tree and rush for the Dragon set(10 turns of Blade of Ruin).

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
what are the gumball combos to beat the gimmick sky isle dungeons, I cant even get close to beating the all poison tile zerg dungeon and the paladin training camp i only beat with an insane string of no counterattack procs that cant possibly be the intended solution.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax

Rutibex posted:

You can play Heroes 3 on Android already, what more do you want!?

How? Do I need to root my phone?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

dipple posted:

what are the gumball combos to beat the gimmick sky isle dungeons, I cant even get close to beating the all poison tile zerg dungeon and the paladin training camp i only beat with an insane string of no counterattack procs that cant possibly be the intended solution.

I have only done like two of these, but they both had pretty obvious hints throughout them about how to build your gumball to win. I quite enjoyed them, to be honest.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

ShortStack posted:

How? Do I need to root my phone?

Ubisoft released a port last year. It comes up as incompatible with my S7 Edge though, so it didn't show up in search in the app.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Dec 15, 2016

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

dipple posted:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/gumballs-dungeons-forums/sky-instance-maze-solutions/1713739112278548

Every solution available.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

mrkillboy posted:

Ubisoft released a port last year. It comes up as incompatible with my S7 Edge though, so it didn't show up in search in the app.

Same with a pixel xl if anyone is wondering

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mrkillboy posted:

Heroes 3 HD is an alright port, but if you want to get more hardcore about it there is VCMI. VCMI will let you play Heroes 3 on your android device with PC mods and expansions (the Ubisoft port is missing the expansions, so no random maps!):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=is.xyz.vcmi&hl=en

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Seriously though someone should make a gumballs thread.

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

Anderron Shi posted:

Nexon dinosaur survival MMORPG "Durango" limited beta opens in less than 20 minutes by the way http://durango.nexon.com/en

This looks like a mobile version of ArcheAge. Looks worth checking out, at least.

Anyone else wasting too much money upgrading their tablets just to play lovely mobile games at a good framerate? These newer games (FF Mobius, Dawn of Titans) are very graphically intensive. Are you goons playing these games on beefy phablets? Or are you playing on older hardware, and just tolerating the low framerate?

When I played Summoners War, SoulKing, Soul Seeker, East Legend, Wonder Tactics, Seven Knights, and the others, the low framerate on a budget tablet was just torture. I ended up buying a new Nexus every year or so just to keep up with these stupid freemium gacha games.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Speaking of beey tablets, I was going to buy one. Anyone got a recommendation for a tablet that can keep up with my freemium addiction? Stuff like hearthstone is too much for my phone these days.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shwqa posted:

Speaking of beey tablets, I was going to buy one. Anyone got a recommendation for a tablet that can keep up with my freemium addiction? Stuff like hearthstone is too much for my phone these days.

Get something from Samsung and you will have many nice case options.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
I got the Dragon Gumball and asked him for infinite gems...

Whelp....

I still got 15 gems and +3 to all my stats.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Malek posted:

I got the Dragon Gumball and asked him for infinite gems...

Whelp....

I still got 15 gems and +3 to all my stats.

I love the terrible humor in this game, and I am amazed they haven't been served with a cease and desist for all the popular culture they stuffed into the game.

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

Shwqa posted:

The new Google Pixel C satisfied my framerate addiction. I sold my old tablets back to Amazon a few days ago.

My irl friends play these games on tiny phone screens, or on phablets, and sneak in gaming when they can while at work.

My use case is slightly different: I have a tablet open on the desk w/ a stand, as a sort of mini-monitor that always has some auto-combat game going on.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Mrit SA posted:

I love the terrible humor in this game, and I am amazed they haven't been served with a cease and desist for all the popular culture they stuffed into the game.

You mean ilke the ripped graphic of the moneky from Lion King in the Adventurer's Dungeon? Or the "Zerg Queen" gumball?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Malek posted:

You mean ilke the ripped graphic of the moneky from Lion King in the Adventurer's Dungeon? Or the "Zerg Queen" gumball?

How about the two plumbers in overalls, one red and one green, that give you a plumber set that does extra damage to mushrooms?

Edit: the term 'Zerg' is not copyrighted, as far as I can tell, as there is a company called Zerg Industries that sells some specialized tools 'n' stuff.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

Edit: the term 'Zerg' is not copyrighted, as far as I can tell, as there is a company called Zerg Industries that sells some specialized tools 'n' stuff.
Things do not have to be "copyrighted". Copyright is innate protection for original works. Just because a word is used in different terms does not mean that the concept of an alien that looks like a zerg and is called a zerg does not belong to Blizzard. Or whatever, I don't play the gumball game so no idea on the specifics for that. But just saying, this means nothing.

As for trademarks and similar, these generally only apply to specific industries or concepts. For example, Apple Inc. You can talk about apples all day but try making a tech company called Apple and see how far you get.

It's most likely just that nobody has caught on (or cares) yet because it's a small mobile game. Or possibly that they're within fair use / parody limits.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 15, 2016

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Tunga posted:

just that nobody has caught on (or cares) yet because it's a small mobile game. Or possibly that they're within fair use / parody limits.

I think that's the key, and either way, game is still good. :smug:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tunga posted:

Things do not have to be "copyrighted". Copyright is innate protection for original works. Just because a word is used in different terms does not mean that the concept of an alien that looks like a zerg and is called a zerg does not belong to Blizzard.
:rolleyes:
Blizzard doesn't own poo poo, they are lucky they don't get sued by games workshop!
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Tyranids

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Gumballs tip: the cooldown timer for the button to "reset exploration" on your airship seems to be locked to midnight GMT. This means that if you do the reset one minute after that, you won't be able to use it again for another 23 hours and 59 minutes. On the other hand, if you do the reset one minute before it, you will be able to reset again in one minute. This is very lazy design but it's also something you, as a player, can take advantage of in certain situations. Like if you're playing the game a few hours before reset and you have a bunch of the airship-recharge items, you could conceivably hit reset, burn all your scrolls to get back up to a level where you're starting to have trouble, then wait for the "reset of the reset" and get another chance to go back to level one. It's a very min-max nerdlord thing, but hey I'm posting on SA about video games, so

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Len posted:

Seriously though someone should make a gumballs thread.

:agreed:

i'd do it but i'm only just up to the fourth dungeon so i don't think i'm anywhere near far in enough to actually be able to inform anyone about anything to do with the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

:rolleyes:
Blizzard doesn't own poo poo, they are lucky they don't get sued by games workshop!
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Tyranids
The post was about the word "zerg".