Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if you are a republican and jon stewart has ever called you a friend of the show, die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

haha he literally just wanted to know what"nepotism" means

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm gonna cry if Heidi heitkamp lands in trump's transition team btw

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Epic High Five posted:

also lmao at Trump currently being 40 points behind even Dubbya 2000 at this point post-election. i cant wait until he starts actually enacting his neocon globalist agenda that makes Dubbya look like LBJ or FDR and he gets booed off stage at a rally

If Trump actually lays out a neocon globalist agenda, he's going to get a 180 from the mainstream press. They will praise him for "finding his conscience" and keeping America "true to its ideals", interspersing that praise with dead kids' last tweets and stories about this second failure at a Russian reset, placing blame squarely on murderous mad Vlad. The panels on CNN will discuss whether we should put troops on the ground to save dying children, or to best protect our strategic interests, and after a heated debate will agree to settle on "both."

Then, we'll enter a war and have a lot of victories over a week or three or ten, and the media won't critically evaluate any of it, simply reporting all the action and how brave our men and women are to be fighting these savages to protect freedom and democracy. Plenty of good reporters will be looking into the reality, but they'll be told to sit on their story "a few more weeks" for months. In the mean time, Trump will stand under a banner on a destroyer that says "TOTAL VICTORY - UNDER BUDGET & AHEAD OF SCHEDULE"

Then, some months later, we'll start to see the quagmire, war support will plummet, and suddenly - surprise! - the war wasn't to save dying children, there were no WMDs and we just entered another foreverwar. It's okay though, don't blame us journalists, we got swindled, we're like you! What, you want us to investigate our sources? But they're our sources, they wouldn't tell us anything if we did that. We'd lose our access! Look, the second we got wind of how bad this was, we started digging. *prints stories they'd been holding off for months to "review for accuracy"*

And that is the first time Trump will get booed off stage at a rally.

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 15, 2016

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Al! posted:

if you are a republican, die

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

docbeard posted:

Assuming he doesn't abandon Twitter once he has access to the unblockable text-to-everyone's-phone system he gets as president.

Oh yeah.

How long do you think he can restrain himself before he sends out a "test" mass text?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

hey tim, you're giving carneys a bad name

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

docbeard posted:

Assuming he doesn't abandon Twitter once he has access to the unblockable text-to-everyone's-phone system he gets as president.

if only the people in charge of it made a fake version of it that he could use like crazy without finding out nobody is getting them lol

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Kempo Yellow Belt posted:

Oh yeah.

How long do you think he can restrain himself before he sends out a "test" mass text?

"new president, who dis?"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
postin on page 1989

its a special page/year for me :3:

also can't we just make politicians pass a certification that makes sure that they're at least moderately competent or smart enough to run

then again, we'd make super politicians who would really screw us over

at least the ones screwing us over is in the spotlight as we exasperatedly go :cmon: and do nothing about it as usual

what is nepotism durr

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Al! posted:

if you are, die

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Karl Sharks posted:

if only the people in charge of it made a fake version of it that he could use like crazy without finding out nobody is getting them lol

instead of the truman show it would be the trump show

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Karl Sharks posted:

Trump gets twitter hell banned by his cabinet, blames it on crooked twitter, twitter folds like it's projected to in the next decade, trump takes credit for killing a corrupt platform

*thumbs off safety*

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

i love that tay tay album too

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

postin on page 1989

also can't we just make politicians pass a certification that makes sure that they're at least moderately competent or smart enough to run

then again, we'd make super politicians who would really screw us over

at least the ones screwing us over is in the spotlight as we exasperatedly go :cmon: and do nothing about it as usual

what is nepotism durr

that's like asking for current congresspeople to lower their own wage

why would they screw themselves over like that

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

If it just went to everyone who works at the New York Times so they could complain about it I think he'd probably be content.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

postin on page 1989

instead of voter suppression, politician suppression. I like it

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

docbeard posted:

If it just went to everyone who works at the New York Times so they could complain about it I think he'd probably be content.

probably would need it go out to his WH staff too ofc, he'd expect to hear a lot of buzzing when he sends the latest prestext

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

just make them run through hoops over the most arcane questions possible and have them solve riddles to figure out their mental acuity

like riddles that have to be solved on the fly with some ingenuity

and of course you have to solve them while playing a game of bop it and hopscotching at the same time

even lawyers would find passing the bar a cakewalk compared to this grueling exercise

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

You must be this NOT IGNORANT OF BASIC POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC PRINCIPLES to hold office

I like it

Serf
May 5, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

that's like asking for current congresspeople to lower their own wage

why would they screw themselves over like that

the fuckers shouldn't make anything lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
man speaks the truth

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/809411340704088064

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Al! posted:

instead of a literacy test, we'd have a competency test

Serf
May 5, 2011

looking forward to 4 years of Bill Mitchell being right constantly

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

the pence/cheney thing isn't real, the real cheneys are gonna be like bannon and rex and kushner/ivanka and the 2 large adult sons. i don't know if pence is in on it but even if he is he's gonna get stabbed in the back probably

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Serf posted:

the fuckers shouldn't make anything lol

yeah, that'll really help it so congress isn't full of already rich people

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
maybe snl could do a two hour anti-trump special?????

rage against the machine gets back together for one night only

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Every politician should have to take the immigration oral quiz 4 times a year with vastly expanded question databases in a pop quiz format

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Al! posted:

I especially hate the ones im told im supposed to like such as lindsey graham an john mccain cuz theyre obsequious democrat-kissing scum

ahaha good one al
those duides are just regular partisans, not hyperpartisans. like, just cuz they dont cuss at a democrat every time theyre brought up dont mean they like em or nothin
the republicans who kiss democrats are lincoln chaffee and arlen spectre and such who actually become democrats

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

just make them run through hoops over the most arcane questions possible and have them solve riddles to figure out their mental acuity

like riddles that have to be solved on the fly with some ingenuity

and of course you have to solve them while playing a game of bop it and hopscotching at the same time

even lawyers would find passing the bar a cakewalk compared to this grueling exercise

oh drat, rats, and curses. no politicians were able to pass the qualifying rounds this year. Sigghhhhhh i guess government is cancelled

:getin:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Serf posted:

we need to start using a bill scale

where do you sit on the bill scale of being right all of the time?

KRISTOL --------------------------|------------ MITCHELL

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Serf posted:

hes such a goofball that its hard to accept that hes tapped into some real poo poo

--A Hologram

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serf posted:

this but unironically

Bill Mitchell is the conduit in the infinity mirror of post-truth reality

tell us more, Oracle of the Plane of Distorted Lies

Lend me your guiding light through the thousand halls so that i may find my way back to my corporeal form

i no longer wish to be the hologram, Sage Mitchell :worship:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I like government

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Nichael posted:

Approval polls are meaningless when a large portion of the nation is in a personality cult with Donnie at the center, and an even larger portion of the nation doesn't give a gently caress either way.

Yeah. We are kind of in a hosed up place. Consumerism and entertainment culture (vast swathes of entertainment on demand any time you ever want it ever) make it so easy to not give a gently caress. Or people are in dire straits and scraping by so they don't really have time to care.

Like, it probably was never that much better throughout the entirety of human civilization, but people now have the means to be informed like never before. In the past it was a matter of being physically incapable of getting a lot of info. Now we are willfully ignorant and...yeah. I'm making GBS threads and I don't really have anywhere else to go with this lol.v

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

this but unironically

Bill Mitchell is the conduit in the infinity mirror of post-truth reality

tell us more, Oracle of the Plane of Distorted Lies

Lend me your guiding light through the thousand halls so that i may find my way back to my corporeal form

i no longer wish to be the hologram, Sage Mitchell :worship:

who said I was being ironic

I have learned to love Bill Mitchell

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah, that'll really help it so congress isn't full of already rich people

lmao ban rich people

not from office

just in general

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

blamegame posted:

the pence/cheney thing isn't real, the real cheneys are gonna be like bannon and rex and kushner/ivanka and the 2 large adult sons. i don't know if pence is in on it but even if he is he's gonna get stabbed in the back probably

trump fukken hates pence

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i personally believe that zack de la rocha could really do fight song justice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

euphronius posted:

I like government