Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Twelve by Pies posted:

I can't tell if it's just me and my download got corrupted somehow, but after every stage in this event, instead of playing the victory theme, it plays the title theme/home menu music. Everything else plays just fine though.

It's not just you. It's happening to me as well. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Zurai posted:

Tidus can do those.

Sure. But Cloud can do them better. I left water off the list for a reason!

(I suppose if 3* spellblades are capping for you than Cloud and Tidus are equal on non-wind elements until double spellblades start showing up and then Cloud requires a dive. Point stands. :colbert:)

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Is double spellblade a thing that we'll get eventually? I love me some spellblades but physical elemental damage outside of burst commands is not looking good, especially compared to magic with chain spells and summons.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Adel posted:

Is double spellblade a thing that we'll get eventually? I love me some spellblades but physical elemental damage outside of burst commands is not looking good, especially compared to magic with chain spells and summons.

Yes.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Adel posted:

Apparently it is, but I have no idea when...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
you could say we already have the double spellblade...

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm glad I never played Crisis Core because holy poo poo I hate this music.

I remember some tracks from Theatrhythm and I don't remember any of the music they're using aside from the battle music. Crisis Core actually does have some really good stuff though, but admittedly most of its best tracks are remixes of FF7 music, like A Flower Blooming in the Slums which is just Aerith's theme, and On the Verge of Assault which is just Let the Battles Begin!'

However the crowning jewel of Crisis Core is the incredible The Price of Freedom, which sadly isn't used in this event from the looks of it.

Geocities Homepage King posted:

It's not just you. It's happening to me as well. Weird.

I guess either they forgot to include the track in the event data, meaning the game just defaults to the title screen music, or the event's coded wrong and isn't linking to the correct track. Wonder if they'll bother to fix it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Our first "Chain" Spellblade is given in the event directly after the Alphinaud/Minfilia event. It's Lightning-elemental.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

you could say we already have the double spellblade...

Yeah, but at 6* Cloud can't record dive for it, to bring us back to what started this conversation.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Tornado Strike seems pretty good if you have any wind synergy, especially on multi-target fights; I honed it once and haven't regretted doing so

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

wizard on a water slide posted:

Tornado Strike seems pretty good if you have any wind synergy, especially on multi-target fights; I honed it once and haven't regretted doing so

I'm thinking about making it R3 with all my extra MPOs...

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I really like the music from Crisis Core, but most of the original pieces are more ambient/atmospheric and they re-use a couple of leitmotifs a LOT. It took a while for the music to grow on me. They're also not very good when you're hearing 5-second clips of them.
The victory music thing is weird.
I have a huge soft spot for Crisis Core. I liked the gameplay a lot, and I thought the game was really good when it was touching on stuff from FF7. Genesis was absolutely terrible, and there was a bunch of weird stuff with Angeal, but the bits where you interact with Sephiroth and Cloud and the Turks felt surprisingly true to the original, at least compared to the other FF7 compilation junk. Which admittedly is a really low bar.

That said I don't remember, like, any of the bits of the game these events are supposed to cover.

This may be the first Cid's Mission I complete, I've got a decent Synergy team-
Lv 67 Cloud with Climhazzard
Lv 64 Cait Sith with an attack/magic debuff ssb
lv 53 Cid with Big Brawl
lv 53 Red XIII with Protector's Roar
Lv 53 Zack with Apocalypse

missing a medica, but it gives me a boostga and a hastega and some solid DPS.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Oh, hey dollar pull being nice:

I also did an actual whale 11-pull, because somehow FF7 has some of my worst synergies, and most outdated soul breaks. Wind stuff for my Team Gusty would be great too. 2/11: Cloud's Guise and Cid's Javelin. Not the Wind stuff I'd have hoped, but I think my FF7 stuff is sorted for the time being. :toot:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I remember some tracks from Theatrhythm and I don't remember any of the music they're using aside from the battle music. Crisis Core actually does have some really good stuff though, but admittedly most of its best tracks are remixes of FF7 music, like A Flower Blooming in the Slums which is just Aerith's theme, and On the Verge of Assault which is just Let the Battles Begin!'

However the crowning jewel of Crisis Core is the incredible The Price of Freedom, which sadly isn't used in this event from the looks of it.

I'm glad to see that's the song I thought it was and yeah, Price of Freedom is really great.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Crisis Core OST is actually cool and good, but most of the best parts are used in the more emotional scenes, and non-combat stuff. Price of Freedom is excellent, and is a part of a larger leitmotif that runs through the entire OST, and I love it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqDkE5Ibyp8

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
Wow, dollar pull got me my first OSB :hellyeah:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Attestant posted:

Oh, hey dollar pull being nice:

I also did an actual whale 11-pull, because somehow FF7 has some of my worst synergies, and most outdated soul breaks. Wind stuff for my Team Gusty would be great too. 2/11: Cloud's Guise and Cid's Javelin. Not the Wind stuff I'd have hoped, but I think my FF7 stuff is sorted for the time being. :toot:

I got this too! I'm gonna combine it with Strago's Mighty Guard VI to have an off brand Actual Wall effect on my Holy team. poo poo will be awesome.

I'm obviously due for a horrible godawful slump after getting 4 5* relic pulls in a row now. Like goddamn I wish I could share this luck with other people.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I drew on the most recent banner in a vain hope to get Cid's new SSB (which is apparently a carbon copy of Shout), but instead got Angeal's and Yuffie's SSBs. Oh well, the former is Yet Another Holy SB (helpful with +holy item boosts) and the latter is my first native source of physical blink. In summary, :confuoot:

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

KnoxZone posted:

Vote for the accessory you have most need of your favorite husbando.

Christmas Husbando has been decided:

https://twitter.com/FFRK_Official/status/809277784082161664

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Haha I'd totally forgotten about Tornado Strike :shobon: What I meant was a whole delicious spread like the chain -jas.

Alxprit posted:

Our first "Chain" Spellblade is given in the event directly after the Alphinaud/Minfilia event. It's Lightning-elemental.

Oh wow that's a lot sooner than I could've hoped, I'm glad I have something to look forward to after the Minfilia 1 banner leaves me in despair.

Edit: Santa also agrees that Mote Ifrit is horseshit, thanks Locke!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

That's not the correct husbando. :colbert:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Dec 15, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm glad I never played Crisis Core because holy poo poo I hate this music.

The problem is the game has an amazing soundtrack outside of the terrible, terrible battle themes you only hear in this event

Edit: FF15 is a really fun game even if the story is a bit lacking, I've been spending hours playing in Chapter 3 alone. I'm imagining when they put the characters in it'll be

Noct: Combat Celerity, maybe Spellblade and some magic
Gladius: Knight Combat
Prompto: Machinist Shooter
Ignis: Support? Thief? Someone needs to be the healer

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 15, 2016

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Attestant posted:

That's not to correct husbando. :colbert:

Zidane's proportions are all weird and Balthier is clearly Fran's life partner or whatever so I'm not sure what you expected us to choose

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Plus Zidane's got a tail and also he's an artificial life form

which I mean if you're into that fine, I just feel it's worth pointing out

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ETB posted:

Another successful 100 gem pull got me... a dupe Cid Goggles. :shrug: Now it's three in a row.

Twelve by Pies posted:

My insane luck continues. After getting good 5* gear on both dollar pulls of the FFVI event, the dollar pull on this got me Yuffie's Magic Shuriken.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I got this too! I'm gonna combine it with Strago's Mighty Guard VI to have an off brand Actual Wall effect on my Holy team. poo poo will be awesome.

I'm obviously due for a horrible godawful slump after getting 4 5* relic pulls in a row now. Like goddamn I wish I could share this luck with other people.

I hate you all. My 100 gem pull luck is so loving bad, Jesus Christ.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The Discord channel pressured me into doing my first 100-gem pull in months on this banner, I was tempted by the Shout clone (since I still don't have it) and the Imperil Wind on Zack's BSB since I pulled Luneth's from OK. Got a 4*, but at least it wasn't one I had a ++ version of already?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Schwartzcough posted:

I hate you all. My 100 gem pull luck is so loving bad, Jesus Christ.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Pulled Angeal's SSB and Zack's BSB. Welcome to the team, boys!

Varance fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Dec 15, 2016

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
JP News: Two big things are happening:

1) Effective 12/20 in the JP version, imperils will stack, plus you can have multiple elemental imperils active. Example: Zack + Zidane BSBs = double potency wind imperil, plus you could stack Squall's ice imperil on top of that.

2) Gogo is your next FF5 character, with his Mimic ability intact. Mimic is his default SB, and one of his BSB commands allows you to spam it. Reddit's got a full breakdown of how it will work.

Here's a video of Gogo in action. Watch him double those Meltdown and Valigarmanda hones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw6kFfAV7qA

Varance fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 15, 2016

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Had an 11 pull lined up for this banner because there was way too much potential for dumb luck on my part and... it really didn't pay off :saddowns:

Shooting for Zack BSB, Yuffie BSB, Cid Shout, Cid goggles or Cloud Guise or a second Cloud OSB because why not. I went 1/11 and pulled Angeal's SSB. It's a solid SSB which will work well way down the line when I'm in the position to do CMs, but for immediate payoff it's... not good. Already have Swordshower and Luneth BSB, so would always take Luneth over Angeal outside FF7.

Oh well. At least I have a second sword for FF7 synergy now!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wilekat posted:

Had an 11 pull lined up for this banner because there was way too much potential for dumb luck on my part and... it really didn't pay off :saddowns:

Shooting for Zack BSB, Yuffie BSB, Cid Shout, Cid goggles or Cloud Guise or a second Cloud OSB because why not. I went 1/11 and pulled Angeal's SSB. It's a solid SSB which will work well way down the line when I'm in the position to do CMs, but for immediate payoff it's... not good. Already have Swordshower and Luneth BSB, so would always take Luneth over Angeal outside FF7.

Oh well. At least I have a second sword for FF7 synergy now!
Swordshower is Defense +50%, while Wings of Pride is Defense +100% and Heavy Regen. You could bring them both and not have to worry about juggling SB charge on Luneth, leaving him free to BSB as normal, though I don't know your other relic situation

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

that's third best item on the banner. second best if you've already got shout.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Why didn't they call this event "In the Arms of an Angeal"? Mist opportunity.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

Swordshower is Defense +50%, while Wings of Pride is Defense +100% and Heavy Regen. You could bring them both and not have to worry about juggling SB charge on Luneth, leaving him free to BSB as normal, though I don't know your other relic situation

Oh. For some reason I thought they were both 100%.

Prav posted:

that's third best item on the banner. second best if you've already got shout.

I get that it's a good SSB, I just don't have much practical use for it with my current setups. Especially since Angeal himself is just Knight/Combat.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Varance posted:

JP News: Two big things are happening:

1) Effective 12/20 in the JP version, imperils will stack, plus you can have multiple elemental imperils active. Example: Zack + Zidane BSBs = double potency wind imperil, plus you could stack Squall's ice imperil on top of that.

2) Gogo is your next FF5 character, with his Mimic ability intact. Mimic is his default SB, and one of his BSB commands allows you to spam it. Reddit's got a full breakdown of how it will work.

Here's a video of Gogo in action. Watch him double those Meltdown and Valigarmanda hones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw6kFfAV7qA

nice

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I get that V is a wasteland when it comes to characters that can be made playable and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel but I won't pretend I'm not a little salty Gogo VI isn't happening/happening first.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

I get that V is a wasteland when it comes to characters that can be made playable and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel but I won't pretend I'm not a little salty Gogo VI isn't happening/happening first.

VI is flooded with characters, they didn't need yet another one who's gonna get maybe one SB a year. Even V already has problems keeping everyone up to date (hi Dorgann).

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
They could've done the rest of the Dawn Warriors with Xezat and Kelger. Even Ghido is on my list before FFV Gogo. I can't say no to a werewolf or turtle.

Gogo seems pretty interesting mechanically though. A nightmare if you want to use it in multiplayer.

Edit: 11 pull got me just Yuffie's SSB. Can't say no to Instant Blink, but It was the item I wanted the least on this Banner other then the Chocobraclet.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 15, 2016

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
2/11 on the Angeal banner got me... a Chocobracelet and a dupe Cloud's Guise. *sad trombone noise*

Got Yuffie's BSB on the 100 pull, though, so that's some consolation. Tempted to pull again, but I should really save for the OSB fest, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Which of the Chain -aga spells should I shoot for once Orbfest gears up next week? Is there a consensus on which is the best?

The relevant skills that I own that may sway the decision are:
Edgar's Chainsaw SSB with Imperil Poison,
Terra's Circlet SSB with EnFire,
and Laguna's Vega SSB with Imperil Ice.

And is there anything else that I'm forgetting that should factor into the decision?

• Locked thread