Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I am astounded and happy that crowfall seems to actually be becoming a game. I really thought this would be a fantasy star citizen when I first saw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I am astounded and happy that crowfall seems to actually be becoming a game. I really thought this would be a fantasy star citizen when I first saw it.

A few months ago I was surprised they had a functional deathmatch mode running and now they have multiple distinct baby-worlds chugging along with a gameplay loop of running around, gathering materials or killing people for them, and then crafting custom gear with it. It's actually getting stitched together pretty solidly.

Turns out when their repeated stance of cutting out everything they don't absolutely need to get the core game running is a valid strategy.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Capntastic posted:

Turns out when their repeated stance of cutting out everything they don't absolutely need to get the core game running is a valid strategy.

An incredible precedent for crowdfunded MMOs.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Yeah it's good to see they're still sticking pretty close to their plan and it seems to be working. I'm glad they've tried to set reasonable goals and then actually made a good effort at hitting them.

I've been meaning to get back in and check things out now that the semi-persistent world stuff is up but I've been busy with other stuff. Hopefully I can find some time to check out the test this weekend.

edit: Also I'm probably going to update the OP soon just to reflect how things currently are, so if there's any goon-specific stuff that needs to be in there post it and I'll include it.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

cathead posted:

edit: Also I'm probably going to update the OP soon just to reflect how things currently are, so if there's any goon-specific stuff that needs to be in there post it and I'll include it.

There are only a handful of active goons since the alpha access is for "unreasonably stupid" backer levels right now. Things will get better on that front when it opens up more.

I have volunteered my castle to be Goon City or whatever we are gonna call it.

We don't have a Clan Name picked out yet. Maybe people can throw something out there that is better than Something Cawful.

You gotta make a lot of crow noises in the public server chat to get people hyped.

That is all the news I can think of.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Name the guild Pubbies, just so the goons ranting about pubbies is funnier to read.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
More like so goons ranting about the guild is funnier to read

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I will name it eSports Roleplay Champions

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

eSporks posted:

Name the guild Pubbies, just so the goons ranting about pubbies is funnier to read.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
A Murder Of Goons

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

True Goon Murder Crows

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Honorable Goon Solo PK

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Surprise stress test tomorrow night at 8:30-10:30 central on east server, be sure to log on & fight everyone.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Stuff to put in OP:

Capntastic posted:

Yeah in reviewing it it was more fun when he was complaining that we outnumbered him and were unfair literally minutes after him and his pal were picking off solo miners.

We still made ourselves the enemy of the server that night.

Using a looted campfire to celebrate an amazing victory against all odds

Friendship is Overpowered

Special Three Axe Technique Proves Unstoppable

pictures and things and stuff.

Goon discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/ySNFgre

Video of things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_L7DSyv3iA

EDIT: we should also take more pics during the test this weekend.

t-thanks for reading.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Clan name?

Society of Acceptability (SA)
In which we go around informing everyone they're doing everything wrong.

or dust off Goon Sirs

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

More for op

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Society for Cutting Up Mangosteen

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

OPs updated but I'm probably gonna put some more work into it to flesh it out more in the next couple days if I can find the time.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I'm always a fan of sticking with the tried and true Goon Squad, for brand recognition. Except in Age of Wushu were "Goontang Clan" just plain made sense.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Crowtax Gankya

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

A name very similar to the biggest wannabe top clan.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

XxGoon Murder Squad Socal420xX

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Albion Online Refugee's

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Star Citizen Fan Club.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

2DCAT posted:

Star Citizen Fan Club.

Star_Citizen_Fan_Club.jpg

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

cathead posted:

OPs updated but I'm probably gonna put some more work into it to flesh it out more in the next couple days if I can find the time.

oh one more thing; goons like spreadsheets right?:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o1GfJwnq7MParxb84_szkiJIJrqMbU5NCjr4fyiPP78/edit#gid=0

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I think there's an all out server crash test tonight, is that true? Anyone can play?

Edit: I was misinformed; it is for people with the Beta 1 and above

Capntastic fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 16, 2016

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Either way; shall we crash the server? =D

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Stuck at work for a little while longer, but here's the highlights of the new patch:

- Zombie Guts drop from zombies & is a survivalist cooking ingredient
- Zombie camps are appearing (dynamically?) and have vessel ingredients
- Chat: possibly less hosed up?
- Necromancy might be in but also they said that some grave digging stuff doesn't work yet so idk. Sounds mostly done.
- Campfire stacking is no longer a thing. Get owned ripsnarl or whoever.
- "Equipped items should properly cause stats linked to that skill to increase or decrease properly." Does that mean crafting & gathering gear wasn't working before but now it is? idk
- Logout sliding fixed.
- Minos might be working(??)

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Also if you're thinking about buying in, beta 1 players are now allowed in (meaning the cost is $70), and as part of a holiday sale, they're giving out free eternal kingdoms parcels so you can make & wear trash before jumping into a campaign once BW2 is out. These parcels are largely unnecessary because capn or whoever bought in huge, so don't feel like you need to jump in now if you're waiting for the price to go down (and it will), but if you're on the fence...

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Assuming you're buying in at the $100 level, is there any reason to "back" it as opposed to "invest" in it?

EDIT: It seems that when you "invest" you get lower level perks than you would if you "back".

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 16, 2016

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
What clan do we join to skip the drama and go directly into camping other goons?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Forest Crow

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Crowverwatch

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Crow V Rage

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
This is why i prefer sticking with Goon Squad, not a single one of you is actually as funny as you think you are :P

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

malhavok posted:

This is why i prefer sticking with Goon Squad, not a single one of you is actually as funny as you think you are :P

I don't think they will allow guild names that long. :shrek:

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Missionaria Crowtectiva

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

malhavok posted:

i dont think you 'get' irony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
lets call the guild crowfall