Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
If you don't use up all the salt this week the posting cabal will budget less next year.

So get grinding grinders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
This less rapey remix of " Baby it's Cold Outside" is kind of terrible but not because it's less rapey it's just bad.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Hollismason posted:

This less rapey remix of " Baby it's Cold Outside" is kind of terrible but not because it's less rapey it's just bad.

Right?! Plus Key & Peele did it much better.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

R. Mute posted:

what does this have to do with what i was saying? im not objecting to the tone of an article, im objecting to the whole 'it's their own fault so gently caress 'em' reasoning which has been backed in this very thread and which seems to be the current post-election loss state of the democrats. and you can try to sell what you want to these people, they're not going to be inclined to listen to you if you immediately turn around and explicitly say you don't give a poo poo about them and that they deserve any type of suffering they get.

who the gently caress cares? it's a daily kos headline. no one goes to Breitbart and says "but what if you hurt liberals' feelings", and it seems to have worked out pretty well for them

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

stone cold posted:

bemoaning machismo, while praising fight club?

you aren't very good at reading considering you missed the two times where I said fight club is bad, and also the paragraph musing on how people who are set into habits/aesthetics of machismo (as palalalnuk and kanye are) will probably be unable to deliver an effective critique on machismo

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh god it keeps happening

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rodatose posted:

you aren't very good at reading considering you missed the two times where I said fight club is bad, and also the paragraph musing on how people who are set into habits/aesthetics of machismo (as palalalnuk and kanye are) will probably be unable to deliver an effective critique on machismo

guys who cant tell Jay Z from Kanye and dont bother to look up lyrics until theyre already rear end deep into a dumb argument dont get to dictate who can and cannot deliver effective critiques

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
real talk Rod, just admit you hate Kanye for his Egyptology references

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

who the gently caress cares? it's a daily kos headline. no one goes to Breitbart and says "but what if you hurt liberals' feelings", and it seems to have worked out pretty well for them
it's clearly not just daily kos writers that think this, as people are still defending it itt

also republicans have the advantage that they explicitly don't care about other people, so they can do and say whatever the hell they want.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

paranoid randroid posted:

guys who cant tell Jay Z from Kanye

lmao link to this post please

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Majorian posted:

Right?! Plus Key & Peele did it much better.

Oh I didn't hear that one.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Rodatose posted:

Agreed. That would be like a guy living in the shadow of Mt. Rushmore hating on pyramids.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Rodatose posted:

Agreed. That would be like a guy living in the shadow of Mt. Rushmore hating on pyramids.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

the paradigm shift posted:

I hope your company implements ai soon I can't believe you're even allowed out on your own

lol that's idiotic

it's also like that time you previously tried to drop a tryhard 'i hope you lose your job' burn on me it shows your knowledge of trucking is based on titles of d&d threads with "truck" in it

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!

R. Mute posted:

how about you go back to not posting itt

seconded

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Hollismason posted:

Oh I didn't hear that one.

It actually takes the song in the other direction, but the second half is funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc_F0zP9usU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The real question is who in DnD chat is a hotep

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

guys who cant tell Jay Z from Kanye and dont bother to look up lyrics until theyre already rear end deep into a dumb argument dont get to dictate who can and cannot deliver effective critiques

i'm glad you're back in this thread and all it took was saying a celebrity who voted for a fascist is bad

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
broteps icing broteps

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hollismason posted:

The real question is who in DnD chat is a hotep

I'm extremely hotep

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
sorry that i can't have sympathy for a trump voter even if they are "economically anxious"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rodatose posted:

i'm glad you're back in this thread and all it took was saying a celebrity who voted for a fascist is bad

buddy its cuz youre doin it in the dumbfuckest way imaginable

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I also am all kinds of hosed up and know my limits

That also doesn't make his degree in A Clear and Present Danger less dumb

Wrong Clancy book

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also bad music opinions are my catnip

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I'm extremely hotep

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gin and Juche posted:

Wrong Clancy book

I know, isn't that the drug war one? I've only seen the movie, and that was years ago, but I think Willem Dafoe was in it?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I'm concerned middle America voters will remember a spiteful click bait from 2016 article come 2020

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i submit that if you havent experienced even the tiniest amount of purge the lumpens spiteful anger in the past month, youre a poo poo leftist

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Majorian posted:

I know, isn't that the drug war one? I've only seen the movie, and that was years ago, but I think Willem Dafoe was in it?

"Using game theory to solve the sum of all fears" a Majoran thesis

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gin and Juche posted:

"Using game theory to solve the sum of all fears" a Majoran thesis

I was lucky, I was in the last class in my MA program that didn't have to write a thesis.:smug:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Majorian posted:

The only ideologically correct spy fiction is Jan Guillou's Hamilton series.

Also, watch Belgian Yojimbo.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Randler posted:

The only ideologically correct spy fiction is Jan Guillou's Hamilton series.

Also, watch Belgian Yojimbo.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I did a couple months ago. It's radiant. Much better than the original.

e: I like how Van Damme takes up the Schwarzenagger convention of having a super-American name that doesn't match his accent.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 15, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nuethotep can vouch for me

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

people who <extremely minor quibble> are disqualified from <larger thing>

look i admitted I was wrong based on mishearing one word in a verse and that one word makes it sound like a kanye written verse since like a quarter of kanye's content is bragging about all the sex they definitely have all the time

i didn't think looking up lyrics to songs you think are okay at best is something people do

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Nuethotep can vouch for me

Okay , You're going to have to fill out some forms.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Ask me about when I thought The Lion King's hit song "Be Prepared" was actually "Be repaired" but I went with it

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Ask me about when I thought The Lion King's hit song "Be Prepared" was actually "Be repaired" but I went with it

scar wanted to make the elephant gravyyard great again

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

scar elevated the lower class though

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jeremy Irons is in more horrible movies than good ones at this point, and yet by God, I still love the man.:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i submit that if you havent experienced even the tiniest amount of purge the lumpens spiteful anger in the past month, youre a poo poo leftist

im not sorry for not wanting to purge myself

• Locked thread