Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

http://i.imgur.com/XtZp9qu.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/g2pZIL8.gifv

quote this and look at the url

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

What a snipe calvary killing spree

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Auxiliary Treats posted:

In addition to what Snak posted about changing the recording length, there's also a built in trim function. Select the clip from your gallery and press options to trim it down.

Yeah, use this. I don't recommend you change the amount of time that gets recorded to something less, bunch of times something cool happened, then later something else cool happened and only then did I think it was worth saving. The trim function is super quick and easy, and if you just want the last 30 seconds then you can edit it down to that in moments. Always better to have too much saved than not enough, and you also don't have to interrupt your playing to hit that share button, just do it next time you die etc.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Auxiliary Treats posted:

In addition to what Snak posted about changing the recording length, there's also a built in trim function. Select the clip from your gallery and press options to trim it down.

Yeah, but if you opt to trim right from the share menu, you can't choose to replace the orignal clip when you trim and it always just makes a second video

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I know people didn't seem to like the Huot but after the patch it seems like a good mid to short range LMG. The magazine is only 26 rounds which is fairly low but it's easier to get 2 kills before having to reload compared to the BAR. It feels like a laser gun with how accurate it is with almost no recoil. Ended up going 30-11 on empires edge with it

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

goty on ragdolls alone

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Live At Five! posted:

I know people didn't seem to like the Huot but after the patch it seems like a good mid to short range LMG. The magazine is only 26 rounds which is fairly low but it's easier to get 2 kills before having to reload compared to the BAR. It feels like a laser gun with how accurate it is with almost no recoil. Ended up going 30-11 on empires edge with it

Huot is very good now, yes. Wasn't that bad pre-patch either IMO

mellowjournalism posted:

goty on ragdolls alone

:yeah:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Snak posted:

Yeah, but if you opt to trim right from the share menu, you can't choose to replace the orignal clip when you trim and it always just makes a second video

Huh? No. Once you're finished trimming and save your clip, it gives you the option to replace the 15 minute file or save as a new (whatever length) clip. If you replace, you won't be able to go back and extract other clips from that file though.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
My arty trucking was suffering because the up on my d pad broke so I was having problems zooming in for maximum pubbie tears. Bought a new one and it feels so good to be a fully operational poo poo lord :henget:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

My arty trucking was suffering because the up on my d pad broke so I was having problems zooming in for maximum pubbie tears. Bought a new one and it feels so good to be a fully operational poo poo lord :henget:

The left trigger zooms in as well. Honestly, I didn't even know up on the D-pad did anything.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
they really should have a minigame where you have to do $X amount of damage to the stuff on the map in a limited time ala burnout

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

moist turtleneck posted:

they really should have a minigame where you have to do $X amount of damage to the stuff on the map in a limited time ala burnout

This would be amazing.

Especially if there was a broader game mode to play it where one team is trying to do damage and the other is trying to stop them.

Gotta be real careful with your explosives!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vGNDERdpMw

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

RCarr posted:

The left trigger zooms in as well. Honestly, I didn't even know up on the D-pad did anything.

I'm using veteran controls so left trigger is accelerate

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mellowjournalism posted:

goty on ragdolls alone

My favorite thing is how every now and then a dudes body will rag doll at Mach 3 pass me as I take an objective

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I love the stupid crossbow, it's so bad but so much fun

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://gfycat.com/SpiritedDefiantComet
Jet ramming isn't the same as BF4

Just a reminder if you're not in already, send a PM or PSN message (Backup_Snacks) with an email address to join the Slack group. You're missing out on dog chat. :getin:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lollll and this is the first time I've ever shared anything from my PS4 ahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvCyMFtEgys&t=35s

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Nice shot. Getting a far away plane kill with art truck is like a rite of passage for us goons.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Finger Prince posted:

Huh? No. Once you're finished trimming and save your clip, it gives you the option to replace the 15 minute file or save as a new (whatever length) clip. If you replace, you won't be able to go back and extract other clips from that file though.

No. If you hit the share button, and then hit share to youtube, and then hit trim, that option never comes up. If you go to your media gallery, then go to trim, then the option to replace or duplicate comes up when you're done.

Unless the patched it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Will the rank 2 class glitch ever fix itself if I keep playing? I was grinding through the classes, including scout despite only being able to get kills with the tripwire and pistol, then realized the assault rank 2 never popped - despite being my most played class. All the others were fine.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Snak posted:

No. If you hit the share button, and then hit share to youtube, and then hit trim, that option never comes up. If you go to your media gallery, then go to trim, then the option to replace or duplicate comes up when you're done.

Unless the patched it.

I don't know why anyone would ever trim and share to YouTube direct from the share button menu. That's interrupting your shootmans. Hit the share button, tap Square to save the video, get back into the game and sort all that poo poo out in peace later from the Capture Gallery.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Shout out to gohn, his repairs and support skills helped me go 58-0 with the light tank on Amiens. Love it when heavy tank pubbies chase me and run over my mines and give me those sweet sweet multi kills :henget:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Parkingtigers posted:

I don't know why anyone would ever trim and share to YouTube direct from the share button menu. That's interrupting your shootmans. Hit the share button, tap Square to save the video, get back into the game and sort all that poo poo out in peace later from the Capture Gallery.

Well, they probably wouldn't in a multiplayer game, but there a plenty of times where you would want to in a single player game. It's not like the trim feature isn't there, they just removed its most useful part.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://gfycat.com/UnrulyMelodicGreatdane
https://gfycat.com/InformalSpicyDogfish

The fortress guns on Grappa are great when the enemy team slowly pushes over the ridge between B and D.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Outside of the air combat my favorite part of this game is locking doors.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I keep getting glitches where loading into a map means the UI overlays all work, but the game itself is a glitchy flashing pixel garbage mess. But everything works. I can load into the game, run around, shoot my gun and die. But the whole world, aside from the HUD and conquest markers, never loads and is just black pixel flashing hell.

Weird.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pleads posted:

I keep getting glitches where loading into a map means the UI overlays all work, but the game itself is a glitchy flashing pixel garbage mess. But everything works. I can load into the game, run around, shoot my gun and die. But the whole world, aside from the HUD and conquest markers, never loads and is just black pixel flashing hell.

Weird.

Yea you just have to quit to the dashboard and restart battlefield. It's super annoying. I'm pretty sure it happens to everyone from time to time.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I got the bug one time joining a server whose match was ending and everything got fixed when the new map loaded, so if it's a pain to quit and the round is about to end you can just stick it out.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
My favorite bug introduced in the new patch, is then one where you'll just hear a random explosion sound at ear-piercing volume during the loading screen.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

My favorite bug introduced in the new patch, is then one where you'll just hear a random explosion sound at ear-piercing volume during the loading screen.

Maybe they did it for immersion.

Honestly kinda disappointed there isn't more proper artillery in this game a la Verdun.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
I had a bug where I got out of a tank and I was in some sort of limbo. I ran around and could shoot people but they didn't die, although I'm sure I saw blood animation. Other players couldn't see me but one found out I was there because he walked up to me and kept trying to melee. I'll upload the clip when I come home in a few days.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

That's why I Dynamite most of the doors I come across.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Bunker Simulator 2016

Real, lockable doors! Concrete for days! New model year blast valves reskinned for this year's game!

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Speaking of lockable doors, hope you're all ready for some 1918 operation locker!

I'm mostly excited for those sweet baby blue french uniforms.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Ol Standard Retard posted:

at :38 in your video you can see me die in the lower left of your screen because of that plane, so thanks for avenging me

this is what it looked like... i love the way my head just about twists off at the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WaqMg9MdEE

winter.mute fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 17, 2016

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
So aux. treats blew my god damned mind with holding down the fire button after dropping bombs.

(Also still finding new places to repair. plus you can totally spot things with the bombsight if you're out of flares or camera film. pretty sure you can spot people after dropping stuff too..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t--rpNWZU4g

although the first time I tried the followcam thing, I forgot to pull up AND throttle up :cripes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZffFNkbqdg

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
What's the camera button on PS4?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
well just so I don't confuse anyone, on one of the bomber loadouts you get an actual camera that you snap with one of the d-pad directions. Auxtreat's pro tip is that while using the bombsight on any plane that drops poo poo, if you just keep holding down the fire button after you drop the bombs, the sight will stay focused on them

Side note when another airgoon straight up socks an enemy fighter in the temple and you clean up the blubbering remains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlIpLEm2uVE

Also dunking on planes still isn't old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQrPAWF_mFI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Oh ok. I saw something about taking a picture on pc but didn't know if they had enough controller space to put the same function on PS4. Didn't realize it was its own loadout.