Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Rodatose posted:

there are journalistic guidelines for reporting on suicide because there's historically a documented rise in suicides when reported on in depth (or the classic example is the rise in suicides following some romantic novel whose protagonist committed suicide)

Sturm & Drang and Romantik are two different periods. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
last night ariel told me to go back to high school

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

And how should they be responsible?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Avshalom posted:

last night ariel told me to go back to high school

well

hop to it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Furnaceface posted:

What isnt your healthcare system lacking?

I wouldnt be able to get to an ER right now. Another Colorado low dropped some 25cm of snow on us between 6am and noon.

I am on a medical adventure

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Randler posted:

You mean War Within or Second Dream?

I liked both, but yeah War Within. The Kuva Braid thing is kind of whatever. It's just a bad rehash of void missions.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Majorian posted:

Michael Caine had an even better line about Jaws 4: "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

whenever that house is sold the flyer should have at the top in bold "The House that Jaws 4 Built"

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

whenever that house is sold the flyer should have at the top in bold "The House that Jaws 4 Built"

how do you know michael Caine won't keep it in his familial line forever like the manors and estates of yore

the mailbox should be a shark

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hollismason posted:

I am on a medical adventure

All the chairs in the reflection are empty. Why are you still waiting?

Also those are like generic $5 Walmart pictures hanging up.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

merry exmarx posted:

some uspol guys in c-spam are blaming clinton losing this election on obama winning the 2008 primary

eh, it's an interesting hypothetical, just as long as people treat it as a mildly interesting "what-if" instead of getting all butthurt about it

too bad it's literally impossible to discuss anything about the democratic party without someone melting down

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

stone cold posted:

you also couldn't tell jay z apart from him

was that it, that because I misheard a lyric that made a verse sound thematically in line with kanye's shallow "i have sex a lot but it's also really frustrating" instead of jay-z's theme of "i'm The Business, gently caress you"

I take it that you would vote for republican kanye btw

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
here's the difference between kanye and jay z: one did a concert for hillary clinton while the other supported a fascist

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

All the chairs in the reflection are empty. Why are you still waiting?

Also those are like generic $5 Walmart pictures hanging up.

Yeah it's pretty empty but that doesn't mean there are open beds. I just got into the 2nd triage unit. I'm hoping that by coughing up my lung I will be seen quicker.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chelb posted:

well

hop to it
you could find yourself a college in uk

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Rodatose posted:

was that it, that because I misheard a lyric that made a verse sound thematically in line with kanye's shallow "i have sex a lot but it's also really frustrating" instead of jay-z's theme of "i'm The Business, gently caress you"

I take it that you would vote for republican kanye btw

lol they sound totally different

they have different voices

jay z sounds so incredibly different from kanye

this is elementary stuff, do you have what are known as human ears

this seems to me more and more like you've never listened to a Kanye song with your ears and that you hastily googled some lyrics in a misguided attempt to be relevant with some sizzling hot takes

either that or you might want to see an audiologist

ive never voted republican in my entire adult life

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rodatose posted:

here's the difference between kanye and jay z: one did a concert for hillary clinton while the other supported a fascist

kanye is the guy who said george bush doesn't care about black people

and he's lost his drat mind

but he makes good music

e: and he supported trump after the election was over

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Gonna get rid of these lungs , grow gills, and return to the welcoming deep.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
I knew the verse was sung by jay z, but thought that (since people who worked with kanye on that album said how hands on with its making ) that verse might have been written by kanye. don't know how you're failing to process this after me saying it like five times

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rodatose posted:

I knew the verse was sung by jay z, but thought that since people who worked with kanye on that album said how hands on with its making that that verse might have been written by kanye. don't know how you're failing to process this after me saying it like five times

because its a loving stupid thought to have enter your brain

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like youre talking about authorial intent but youve demonstrated no ability to parse the meaning of lyrics

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

syscall girl posted:

kanye is the guy who said george bush doesn't care about black people

and he's lost his drat mind

but he makes good music

e: and he supported trump after the election was over

supporting a fascist because that's where the money is isn't any more moral

i'm okay with saying kanye west is a good producer and said that off the bat, but being a good artist doesn't excuse being a bad person

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

rap music is basically like pop, in that ghostwriting is so extremely common and expected that it's just a non issue

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

also, what's the deal with country music and its overemphasis on xylophones

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
you dont seem to understand that im not attempting to have a dialogue with you here about misogyny in music, im just calling you a dumbass for trying to pontificate about death of the author while loving up basic details of the subject matter

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

paranoid randroid posted:

like youre talking about authorial intent but youve demonstrated no ability to parse the meaning of lyrics

sorry, no one's offered any actual meanings for lyrics that objectify women other than "it's a joke, boys will be boys" or "it's ~art~"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Chelb posted:

rap music is basically like pop, in that ghostwriting is so extremely common and expected that it's just a non issue

filthy drake apologist

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rodatose posted:

supporting a fascist because that's where the money is isn't any more moral

i'm okay with saying kanye west is a good producer and said that off the bat, but being a good artist doesn't excuse being a bad person

yeah, it's really weird that he did that

after getting institutionalized

because he's legitimately mentally ill

e: 30% of american voters are also mentally ill, apperently

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rodatose posted:

sorry, no one's offered any actual meanings other than "it's a joke, boys will be boys" or "it's ~art~"

do you think its an accident that Monster appears on the same album as Blame Game and Runaway

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Pop doesn't really use "ghostwriters" either as ghostwriter implies uncredited work, pop has always been very open about songwriters as a separate class to performer with many songwriters being held in extremely high esteem

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

kustomkarkommando posted:

Pop doesn't really use "ghostwriters" either as ghostwriter implies uncredited work, pop has always been very open about songwriters as a separate class to performer with many songwriters being held in extremely high esteem

dont ruin my joke u rear end in a top hat

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
the future is now thanks to science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

do you think its an accident that Monster appears on the same album as Blame Game and Runaway

Hark! It is the sound as rodatose fires up the Google machine

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my mother called jay-z "jay zed" and i laughed and called her white and she got very offended

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

you mean it's a theme album????

here's where what I said about making a statement against a thing but delivered primarily through the aspects of said thing is iffy

i'll admit i've heard runaway like twice because i always skip over that one but with blame game the funny yeezy bought me sketch at the end makes kanye sound like a real cool guy

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Avshalom posted:

my mother called jay-z "jay zed" and i laughed and called her white and she got very offended

tell your moms that i also laughed at this

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
is the ability to reupholster ones pussy supposed to be seen as a negative

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

ahahahaha fucks sake

https://twitter.com/chadlivengood/status/809492964401676288

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
okay now lets hear you parse All of the Lights

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

let me guess *flips out cards against humanity* bitcoin is the future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Rodatose posted:

is the ability to reupholster ones pussy supposed to be seen as a negative
mine has a tasteful faux leather finish

• Locked thread