Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
None of these posts about the pursuers include the heavy-lidded swordswoman! What's the name of Sleepy Time Gal!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Pavlov posted:

A lot of the pursuers are actually based on descriptions that readers submitted to the comic.

So they're kinda-sorta fan characters. Krismayana is mine. INGSVLD is another goon's.

That goon would be me! I did an embarrassing happy-dance when he first showed up. Really hoping he can go the distance.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SexyBlindfold posted:

None of these posts about the pursuers include the heavy-lidded swordswoman! What's the name of Sleepy Time Gal!?

i thought i'd learned it once but i can't find it now

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

The Lord of Hats posted:

That goon would be me! I did an embarrassing happy-dance when he first showed up. Really hoping he can go the distance.

I've been meaning to ask, what was the actual prompt you gave for INGSVLD? Mine was pretty short:

quote:

And there were the brothers Laol and Krismayana, lead giants dressed in bone. They had eaten the last fire of a dead eon, and stoke it in their gullets with the wood of sacred groves. They have three eyes, three ears, three arms, three mouths, and one soul between them. They are depicted always with their backs to each other.

Not sure if abbadon is doing anything with his brother, but I think they said some of the persuers are getting backstories, so he might show up. Also this was before ancient magic flames were made a plot point, so I guess I got lucky on that one.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In case anyone didn't know or remember, Lord of Hats' character INGSVLD announced himself as a representative of the haberdasher's guild.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Let's Change the Subject: Who else hopes that some of Mottom's guards ended up as a permanent fixture of the 108 stars

Agreed

The Lord of Hats posted:

You can tell the dude has staying power, just by looking in his eye

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Ashcans posted:

and then the giant loving baby blows through the wall again

Hopefully still clutching that poor crane dude.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

I'm quite a fan of Kierinsaval. In a world of thorned angels, giant martial arts babies, book-headed sorcerers, and gunwitches, they've consistently shown up with just a sword and a full helm and drawn former menacingly at people.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

http://orbitaldropkick.tumblr.com/post/154513001281/a-conical-hat-i-saw-this-awful-hoodie-at-the-mall

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

I'm quite a fan of Kierinsaval. In a world of thorned angels, giant martial arts babies, book-headed sorcerers, and gunwitches, they've consistently shown up with just a sword and a full helm and drawn former menacingly at people.

They also have some kind of feud going with INGSVLD. I forget why.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
INGSVLD reminds Kierinsaval of his inability to read and that infuriates him. Only through a quest to the lost shrine of Lev'ar Burt-UN can the two mend their animosity and become good friends.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Pavlov posted:

They also have some kind of feud going with INGSVLD. I forget why.

If I remember correctly it started when he made some general diss on Geas Knights (Kierinsaval being a Peregrine Knight). I responded, and it all kind of spiraled from there.

I should note that that's purely comment-section and non-canon at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if Abbadon adopted it into the comic proper, if he ever decided to give more screentime to the pursuers.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

SunAndSpring posted:

INGSVLD reminds Kierinsaval of his inability to read and that infuriates him. Only through a quest to the lost shrine of Lev'ar Burt-UN can the two mend their animosity and become good friends.

87 Reads The Rainbow

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
two questions,

1) what's the difference between a devil and a demon

and 2) have we actually seen what happens to a devil/demon when they die? obviously they leave a corpse instead of evaporating or whatever because there's always plenty of dead bits and pieces lying around after guild battles. do they rot or just slowly disappear? if they reincarnate then where does the matter for their new body come from? do they reappear in a specific place or just pop out of the air somewhere random?

i cannot rest until i know

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
Just noticed this while making a thing for the fanart thing:

Zweihander has had enough of this poo poo.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think "demon" is just a generic term for "evil"

so Allison is not being tasked with killing X number of Y, so much as Zoss is telling her that she is fated to gently caress a lot of bad peoples poo poo up

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

There are no demons in this comic. At least, not in the form of a specific sort of creature like devils. I suspect they were named that way to make it clear that Allison isn't supposed to just go off and commit devil genocide?

We've never seen a devil die but presumably they just disperse back into black flame. They probably don't always turn into monsters like Vladok did when his mask broke. Apparently everything that gives a devil sentience and personality is in the mask and the names. Without those they're just black flame.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm a devil

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
how are the really unfortunate devils like the tiny ones that get eaten for various purposes or made into liquor formed, like did someone make a very small lovely mask for them for the sole purpose of giving them a short horrible existence

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Avshalom posted:

how are the really unfortunate devils like the tiny ones that get eaten for various purposes or made into liquor formed, like did someone make a very small lovely mask for them for the sole purpose of giving them a short horrible existence

it's the circle of death

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Cryophage posted:

Just noticed this while making a thing for the fanart thing:

Zweihander has had enough of this poo poo.

Actually a dreihander in that panel. Albeit not one anyone can actually use.

I wonder if there's any such thing as an actual n>2-hander, for multi-limbed types?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Avshalom posted:

This hasn't been explained yet. About the most we know came from the recent page where they showed the engine in the airship. Given that Allison and co. are about to head to the court of devils, this might get touched on.

That's actually true for a lot of your questions. A lot of the answers either haven't been given, can only be inferred, or have been given by the author elsewhere (and are liable to change by the time it becomes relevant to the comic).

We mostly as clueless as you are.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Avshalom posted:

Probably. White Chain said she got the blue devil liquor from a blue devil, I'd rather not know the particulars.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Schwarzwald posted:

We mostly as clueless as you are.
haha that's reassuring, i sometimes get the impression everybody else is totally up to date on the comic's batshit mythology and only i am slow to grasp it

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Avshalom posted:

haha that's reassuring, i sometimes get the impression everybody else is totally up to date on the comic's batshit mythology and only i am slow to grasp it

i feel the same way but the last time i talked about it they said i had asthma or something :smith:

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I remember reading that the small devils in liquor and engines are unbound/unmasked. The embers of the hot black flame are useful and cute while bigger chunks like not-Vladok are eldritch abominations. Abaddon also said on the tumblr that naked angels without The Law would be even more terrifying.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Avshalom posted:

Yeah people here know way too fuckin much about the comic, I'm personally taking only what we've been told in-comic or in the text below as true and everything else is false.
Also if you didn't read the text boxes below all the updates you missed some primo poo poo, Avs

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Avshalom posted:

Way earlier in the thread when I first started reading I said I'd love an annotated version of the comic + it's still something I'd really enjoy, especially given how many panels have small details that are hard to pick up on even on multiple rereads

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Tekne posted:

naked angels
me

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh that's the other problem, i can't read due to being electrocuted many times

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

VanSandman posted:

Yeah people here know way too fuckin much about the comic, I'm personally taking only what we've been told in-comic or in the text below as true and everything else is false.
Also if you didn't read the text boxes below all the updates you missed some primo poo poo, Avs

The contents of this dread tome are fan-maintained, and like the universe, are most likely lies.

I feel that applies to this thread too. ;)

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
There was something on the tumblr about devils brewing liquor for the purpose of reproduction, when human or maybe a servant drinks the liquor (or presumably beer wine etc we saw at the contest) a small devil grows inside them. Most of these are consumed but some manage to scurry away to cause mischief. New devils can also grow from devils kisses in a process we haven't seen yet. So some bound devils come from pacts made by humans and others through parasitic reproduction process with humans and possibly servants.

Then there are unbound devils which exist in the void and are also used to power reanimated Angel bodies and other automatons, and are also in some way related to the devils' drinks but this hasn't really been explained.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Avshalom posted:

Eh we just say a bunch of mystical sounding stuff and shout about ignoring causality. Since abbadon reads these forums occasionally we wind up right by prediction.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

VanSandman posted:

Actually everything in the comic is false and everything else is false and existance is a lie yisun told themselves between committing suicide and being born

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GunnerJ posted:

i feel the same way but the last time i talked about it they said i had asthma or something :smith:

Pree Asthma.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

GunnerJ posted:

admittedly this is because Aesma is possibly the best thing in all of K6BD and she hasn't even appeared in the comic

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

theshim posted:

admittedly this is because Aesma is possibly the best thing in all of K6BD and she hasn't even appeared in the comic
Witness! http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-2/

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Witness! I am wrong!

WITNESS!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

That's Aesma before she accidentally got burned by the cosmic all-flame of divine identity. She mellowed out a bit after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
the tiny devils get masked by, they put a bunch of lil masks on basically a waterwheel and just dip it into a running black flame.