Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Also FYAD didn't give a poo poo about the dudes girlfriend, it was only Ozma. The other posters were just laughing along.

Are you saying Ozma was dating Caro or what

Either way I need to know the tale of Ozma dating a goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Also FYAD didn't give a poo poo about the dudes girlfriend, it was only Ozma. The other posters were just laughing along.

FYAD post 2010 has consistently been the most seemingly well put together human beings on the entire forum, and while they laugh at ridiculous goon deaths just like this thread does they've also gone out of their way to point out when stuff gets way too dumb in real time and people go out of their way to be contrary to them just cause they're FYAD

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's hilarious. It's an almost dead subforum nobody reads anymore.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

EL BROMANCE posted:

That's hilarious. It's an almost dead subforum nobody reads anymore.

And yet nobody can stop talking about it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

..in a thread talking about the history of SA before everyone left.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

EL BROMANCE posted:

..in a thread talking about the history of SA before everyone left.

Where did everyone go? Did they finally get a life or what?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VanSandman posted:

Reddit.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I'm mad about FYAD

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

VanSandman posted:

SA traffic started to drop on oct 31 2009 and has never really stopped

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
what happened on halloween '09

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

InediblePenguin posted:

oldpainless started posting after lurking for 2 days

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

I threw up at a party while dressed like a garbage pale kid.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

InediblePenguin posted:

It was decided to change the modding policy in gbs. I'll let you decide if this was a good decision.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I don't think complaining about different subforums really reaches the bar to count as a greatest saga. This page has been a slog between whining about FYAD and GBS. Let's at least bash on D&D to be really fair and balanced.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't think complaining about different subforums really reaches the bar to count as a greatest saga. This page has been a slog between whining about FYAD and GBS. Let's at least bash on D&D to be really fair and balanced.

yeah, gently caress elves and wizards, they are bastards

and the gently caress's the deal with the dice. Come on. You don't need 20 sides just use 6 like a normal die

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

yeah, gently caress elves and wizards, they are bastards

and the gently caress's the deal with the dice. Come on. You don't need 20 sides just use 6 like a normal die

When I was a kid I had a 30-sided dice. It wasn't used in any of the role-playing games that I played, it was just the nerdiest impulse buy ever.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sexual Aluminum posted:

It was decided to change the modding policy in gbs. I'll let you decide if this was a good decision.
That was 2013

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CaptainSarcastic posted:

When I was a kid I had a 30-sided dice. It wasn't used in any of the role-playing games that I played, it was just the nerdiest impulse buy ever.

I really wanted the D100 they had at the gaming shop but that thing was like 75 bux.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I want this thing https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001LGDEQ4/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

I really wanted the D100 they had at the gaming shop but that thing was like 75 bux.

Less than a dollar a side though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rhyno posted:

Reddit.

No one who was a good poster went to reddit.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lot of FYADs went away to found "weird twitter"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Solice Kirsk posted:

Less than a dollar a side though.

I think thats what 14 year old me used to try and convince my mom to buy it.

Didnt work

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Grover

Grover/F-35 thread crossover

Doobie

oh this is good one, the creator of the syndicated strip Slylock Fox outed himself as a goon during the Doobie saga and drew this:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the best part about grover was he was completely wrong about anything he got in depth about based on his experience as a civilian contractor for the Department of the Navy or whatever

A dozen or whatever casualties in the Iraq war? 4,424 actually

Lasers are the future of airplane poo poo. Airplane laser status: canceled

probably a lot more but jeeze

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah I never knew who drew that detective doob strip, that was one of the best things that came from it all. As run into the ground as it was, doob saga had some pretty amazing moments.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Wait, is there any evidence that the actual Slylock Fox artist did that? It's spot on, but still.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Heath posted:

Wait, is there any evidence that the actual Slylock Fox artist did that? It's spot on, but still.

Bob Weber Jr actually did sign up for the forums and posted a couple times in the newspaper comics megathread (cool dude, he thought the edits were funny), but he didn't do that afaik. It IS pretty spot-on, though.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Didn't a guy shoot himself in the thigh with his shotgun defending his home from an "invader," but it turned out to be just an accidental discharge while he was walking on his porch? I remember a very visceral retelling of the story, with pictures of his hosed up leg.

Also we had that poster that was a beat cop, then a detective, for like 30 years? He was a cool dude.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Also we had that poster that was a beat cop, then a detective, for like 30 years? He was a cool dude.

except for the whole "dropping guns on unarmed black people we shot" thing he had going

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

i think that guy got banned for doing the ol' goon classic "ephebophilia" defense of paedophilia

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Welp, bigger saga than I thought. I only read a bit through his megathread, then got distracted.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grandmother of Five posted:

i think that guy got banned for doing the ol' goon classic "ephebophilia" defense of paedophilia

Tokaii was the Chicago PD officer who was an undercover agent who infiltrated the Illinois Nazis. He also bashed hippie skulls during the 1968 Democratic National Convention. Then in some random GBS thread he enlightened the thread about "it's called ephebophilia" aaaand banned.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 13:39 on Dec 17, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The gently caress is ephebophilia? I'm at work so googling it is out of the question.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Solice Kirsk posted:

The gently caress is ephebophilia? I'm at work so googling it is out of the question.

pedophilia with a thesaurus

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

it's a completely meaningless distinction between what age groups pedophiles find attractive

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

I Said No posted:

pedophilia with a thesaurus

this made me laugh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

It's a pedophile who claims to not be a pedophile by saying "I only wanna gently caress 14 year olds, not literal babies"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oooooh....so pedophiles. Got it.